6 Weeks to a New You! Oct 16 - Oct 22- Wk 6

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 Weeks to a New You! Oct 16 - Oct 22- Wk 6

Welcome to week 6 of the 6 Weeks to a New You!

So how did you do?
    Did you get your workouts in?
    Did you take time for you?
    Did you feel more energy?
    Did you measure?
    Did you share your results? Your comments? Your concerns?

If you got it all done, GREAT!!! Give yourself a pat on the back! If not, you can re-start today!

If anyone still needs a copy of the calendar/measurement chart, please email me at dms67@msn.com and I will send it to you.

Make today really count!

Donna

Here we go! Final week of this cycle--Let's finish strong!!!

My mom is moving out the house she has been living in the last 7 years or so. The house that one of my sisters owns and that Mom and Dad made into their own home doing a TON of work on this 1830s home that had not been cared for. My sister and mother have been having lots of conflicts and Mom is finally ready to be on her own. Thankfully another of my sisters has a little house on her property and so they are getting it ready for Mom. As you can imagine there are a LOT of emotions tied up with this and my 77 yo Mother, who is surprisingly youthful and spry, is also feeling very fragile and raw. My responsibility will be to help her pack and to be a buffer between her and my sister. Praying that I can control my tongue because I am not real happy with this one sister---at all!!

So I had better make sure I get in some movement every day this week!!
    Jennifer
    Wife for 32 wonderful years
    Mom to 7
    Mamee to 5
    T-Tapping since 2009

Comment

• Penny Nelson
      Penny Nelson commented
      Editing a comment
      YIKES! You'll be in my prayers. Families can be SO SO SO....um, emotionally difficult.

• northmom
      northmom commented
      Editing a comment
      I understand too well. I tell DH the words I hear most ( silently, in my head, of course!!) in some of these 'battles' are the words....JUST SHUT UP! I am always full of words all the time, LOL. I will pray too.
      Last edited by northmom; 10-16-2017, 01:26 PM.

• BlessedMama
      BlessedMama commented
      Editing a comment
      Praying for your mom, Jennifer! It's so hard. I know this sister has been more than a handful. Give your mom a hug from me!

I did some TappCore moves this morning. I just don't feel like exercising these days. But I am trying to, anyways. I guess my measurements aren't so important these days, because I forgot to measure again this morning! Maybe tomorrow morning. 6 months ago I couldn't understand those who forgot to measure or who didn't feel like it. Here I am, in the same shoes.

Weather is damp and cold. It sounds like everyone finished combining, and we weren't the only ones with breakdowns. The Thanksgiving supper was great, very well attended. DD brought home enough leftovers for a couple meals for us. I always like that. You can't go wrong with turkey meals.

I can soon start thinking of quilting, painting and soap making again. A friend gave me 10 lbs of lard that I will turn into laundry soap. I don't know how fresh it is, but that doesn't matter for soap. Sometimes I think it would be fun to sell soap, but I think if I had to do it to keep up stock, it wouldn't be so much fun after awhile. I'm trying to decide if I should attempt the quilt pattern where the whole quilt is made out of one fabric. I have the fabric, but I don't know that I have the patience to do it. And I am very determined so if I started it, it would have to get done. I will do my other stuff first and maybe take it to my quilting group and see what they say.

Happy tappin' to all.

Comment

• BlessedMama
      BlessedMama commented
      Editing a comment
      northmom, glad you had a nice Thanksgiving! I haven't done a full quilt, but I've done small projects. I'm thinking of getting back into it this winter. I need something besides my work to do--much as I love what I do!

• Just7
      Just7 commented
      Editing a comment
      Sometimes the best thing we can do, Northmom, is just keep moving, whatever that may look like.

Hey all! I'm new to forums and "new again" to T-Tapp - wondering if you will start another six week challenge next week?
    Julie

"...and though she be but little, she is fierce."
    William Shakespeare, A Midsummer Night's Dream

Comment

• BlessedMama
      BlessedMama commented
      Editing a comment
      Hachidori, you can jump in at any time!

• Just7
      Just7 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep--we will start another cycle next week. We just keep going, encouraging and supporting one another along the way. Welcome Back!

Had a client session this morning. We did PBS then jumped into a superslow Torso Twist/Archery Pull from Tempo Torso. Whew! I then recorded a standing core focus for my class and felt that was enough!

Our camping weekend turned out very rainy. It was nice Friday when we got there, then in the middle of the night a system moved in and it rained and stormed throughout the rest of the day and into Saturday night. Some of the kids went to other families' tents to watch a movie or play games. I took advantage of the time to read and rest! But I did miss hiking and walking along the lakeshore (we were at Indiana Dunes). Sunday was better but WINDY! I got a short hike in and we went to the beach--the waves were high and it was overcast, but we could see the Chicago skyline really clearly across the lake! Usually it's hard to make out because it's hazy. So in spite of it all, we were glad we went!

I figured out how to get my e-mail folders and e-mails downloaded on my new computer, almost by accident! LOL! Next is putting on it what I absolutely have to have. It will be nice to not be so cluttered. Wish I could do something similar with my physical decluttering around here! HaHa!

I'm trying to get my body turned around to get to bed a bit earlier and get up earlier, We'll see how that goes!
    ~ ..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
    ¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
    ((¸¸.·´ ..·´ Trisch -:¦:-
    -:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*

Master T-Tapp Trainer in Indiana, certified in all workouts!

From a 22W to an 8!

Comment

• Just7
      Just7 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hopefully the wind and the rain blow out some cobwebs and you are energized for the fall and winter months.

• okielois
      okielois commented
      Editing a comment
      When the first of our kids to get married (over 20 years ago) went on their honeymoon, they chose to camp out. Well it poured down rain and everything was soaked. Fortunately we'd slipped the bride (our dil) $100 "just in case". So the next night they stayed in a motel.

• BlessedMama
      BlessedMama commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll bet they were grateful for that "just in case" gift!

Good morning sixers. Hopped on earlier than usual and so glad that I did. Deep Discount Tuesday!!! Bought my usual items and added Power Posture Walk as so many have raved about it. Need to get First Step and the four dvds associated with it clarified, so that will have to wait until next month or Black Friday....whatever.

Heading out this morning for a bike ride and I'll have to bundle up to my nose. It's chilly out there. The hills will warm me up quickly though.

Welcome Julie. So glad that you are here. Love that beautiful hummingbird! So pretty.

Gotta run. Later all.
    Penny Nelson
    Pure Northern Michigan

Comment

• BlessedMama
      BlessedMama commented
      Editing a comment
      You'll love Posture Power Walk, Penny!

• homefire
      homefire commented
      Editing a comment
      I had that same order, Penny! Great minds think alike! Looking forward to giving PPW a try after all the good things others are saying!

I wasn't even thinking about getting other things than the workouts, Penny! Sounds like a good time to order some more alfalfa!

Drama for my mother with my sister last night and I wasn't really free to go over and be a buffer. But they have agreed to not understand each other and let it go.

I will do some moves this morning and check in with Mom. I think she had to be somewhere this morning so I will plan on going over there later.
    Jennifer
    Mom to 7
    Mamee to 5
    T-Tapping since 2009

Comment

Bike ride was FABulous! Hilly, but heck, I'm not so proud that I couldn't push my bike up the hill. Did that twice. Got better on the return ride. Stopped at the salmon fish hatchery after the ride as the fish biologists and veterinarians were removing the eggs from the fish. Watching the process was so interesting and since this is done over a short time span, I'm glad that we all had the chance to watch it.

Ordered Posture Power Walk along with alfalfa etc. You all have been raving about PPW, so I decided to take the plunge and see what the fuss is all about. Hope the fuss results in a shrinking tapper! Yeah yeah, I know....CONSISTENCY. Oh my. Gotta gotta, you all know that.
      Penny Nelson
      Pure Northern Michigan

Comment

• BlessedMama
        BlessedMama commented
        Editing a comment
        You're a better biker than me, Penny! I don't do hills!

Beautiful Fall temps here this week. Not much tree color yet. We did our walk. I'm back up to being able to do a mile. That's an improvement over earlier in the year during and after the pneumonia. Also did More Chair and 4-5 HDs today. Now if I could just get my eating under control...
      Lois
      Lois

Comment

• BlessedMama
        BlessedMama commented
        Editing a comment
        That's great, Lois! Trees are starting to turn here, too. Still in the high 60s/low 70s!

Lois--so great to hear about the progress you are making right now!! YAY!!

And thank you to everyone who commented on my post earlier this week. I realized I didn't really respond to that. I didn't end up going over to help pack yesterday. I'll have to make time this afternoon.

No movements yet this week regarding TTAPP as either my phone has rung right away or someone in the house needed to talk. Hopefully today!

Finally turned the heat on a little last evening. The kids were complaining that it was so cold in the house. Told them to actually put on long pants and long sleeved shirts! But yeah--we are looking to have consistently lower temps for the next several days. We have had a couple of cold days and then days in the 80s so I haven't wanted the heat on at all.
      Jennifer
      Mom to 7
      Mamee to 5
      T-Tapping since 2009

Comment

We went to a friend's house last night who has an outdoor theater projector. He put up a screen off the posts to his upper deck (he has a walk-out basement). We watched Mr. Peabody and Sherman with a fire in the firepit and really enjoyed our time! It was a nice evening--we could see the stars but not too chilly. We found out the bike trail we were on runs behind his house! It's down a wooded hill from his place, not right behind, but we thought that was funny!

Nothing for me today. Too many late nights and I couldn't get going very fast today! But I did get a walk in--the weather is beautiful! They just started harvesting the beans behind us. Dusty and lots of Asian beetle bugs now! Oy!

I ordered a new bike! It should be here either tomorrow or Monday. I'll have hubby put it together--he's good at those things!

Speaking of hubby--today it's been 13 years since his serious accident. It was right before our oldest son was born. Then last year he had the open heart surgery for the aortic valve replacement. Scary times! Glad he is doing fine now! That's why I say he doesn't give me much trouble, but when he does, he does it BIG!
        ~ ..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
        ¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
        ((¸¸.·´ ..·´ Trisch -:¦:-
        -:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*

Master T-Tapp Trainer in Indiana, certified in all workouts!

From a 22W to an 8!

Comment

Well, my week went better, T-Tapp-wise. I just got in my third workout, so I am satisfied. My neck has really been giving me fits, though. It was hard to do those HHMM hunches--just hurt too much on the right side. I went to a new chiropractor twice this week--hoping like crazy that this time it will actually help, but it's hurting pretty badly today. :/ I go back again Monday, but I can't keep this up forever at $40 a whack. I need to go put ice on it.
          Ronda

Comment

Working...
          X