6 Weeks to a New You! October 9 - October 15 Week 5

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 Weeks to a New You! October 9 - October 15 Week 5

Welcome to week 5 of the 6 Weeks to a New You!

So how did you do?
    Did you get your workouts in?
    Did you take time for you?
    Did you feel more energy?
    Did you measure?
    Did you share your results? Your comments? Your concerns?

If you got it all done, GREAT!!! Give yourself a pat on the back! If not, you can re-start today!

If anyone still needs a copy of the calendar/measurement chart, please email me at dms67@msn.com and I will send it to you.

Make today really count!

Penny for Donna
    Penny Nelson
    Pure Northern Michigan

Good heavens. I was fooling around with the fonts when I posted this week's thread...crazy stuff. Anyhow, hi there Sixers. DH is off for the day (yay) so it's SATI today. Then the insanity begins, but first I must get in a workout. My body is telling me...oh boy is it telling me! Later all.
    Penny Nelson
    Pure Northern Michigan

Comment

I didn't feel like do anything for workouts today. Than I decided maybe some moves from TappCore would be fun again. So I did 4 of them, including Hoedowns. I wasn't as coordinated as I was earlier, so it's time to practice those again. I haven't done Hoedowns all summer, I don't think. PPW has version of them, and I am finally getting the hang of those things. It's taken me almost til now, though.

It's + 1 C this morning. It's not supposed to warm up much this week. I helped my aunt paint the outside of her house yesterday. It was cold though.She chose a dark grey and she wants to have lime green doors! I think it will look cheerful when she's done. I am going to sew today. We finished harvest last Friday at noon. Than in the eve, we went to my uncle's 50th anniversary about and hour and half from here. Than my parents came here and I told my dad I would invite his brothers for Sunday. So we had Thanksgiving dinner here. My aunts brought food too, so it was a good time! Our daughter and son's youth group is putting on a Thanksgiving meal on Friday evening, so that's always fun to go to. Of course, the moms help bring food, too.

Comment

• Just7
        Just7 commented
        Editing a comment
        I wish we had Thanksgiving in October, Northmom. It seems like we have Thanksgiving in November and then are in a mad dash till Christmas! Enjoy your celebrations!

• homefire
        homefire commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree, Jennifer! That would be a better time!
        Sounds like you are quite busy, though, northmom!

Sounds like you had a nice turnout for Thanksgiving, northmom! And whew! That is c-c-c-old!

I have taken today and the last few days off. 8 of my 9 kids and I rode 32 miles on our bikes on Saturday!!! We rode about 16 miles one way and the ice cream shop we were going to go to wasn't open for another 2 hours!!!! So we settled for ice-cream bars at the local mini-mart. We were riding into the wind all the way down, so going back was a bit easier, except our bodies started rebelling! NONE of us really prepared to do that much, but it was all fairly level since it was a former railroad line. Pretty countryside to ride through! Each little stop we thought we could make it to the next one....hubby would have come to get us at any point along the venture!

About 3 miles from getting back to where we started from, my handlebar clipped one of the poles they place in the middle of the trail at the county crossroads. My bike didn't have rear brakes (several of ours didn't!) and I couldn't pull out of it so I jumped off the bike and tried to stay upright--nope, that didn't happen either! I AM grateful for the quick reflexes, due to T-Tapp no doubt! I saved myself from a head bang on the pavement or a face plant! I have some colorful bruises on my thighs, scrape and bruise on my elbow and other sundry bruises and a scraped up lower left calf. Could have been MUCH worse! I don't honestly feel too badly! All things considered, I'm pretty excited I could even think about doing that ride! We all have plans to prepare better and do more of the trail in the spring! I had already looked at a new bike (mine is about 15 years old and I bent the handlebars with the wipeout) so now I have a new reason to! And I'm glad fenders are "in style" now, too!

I"ll upload some pics of a few of my boo-boos! I plan to see the chiropractor after the worst of the soreness/bruising gets better!

We DID have fun, though!
      ~ ..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
      ¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
      ((¸¸.·´ ..·´ Trisch -:¦:-
      -:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*

Master T-Tapp Trainer in Indiana, certified in all workouts!

From a 22W to an 8!

Comment

• Just7
        Just7 commented
        Editing a comment
        Praying that your healing goes quickly, Trisch!! And yay for being able to go on the ride at all!

• homefire
        homefire commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh, OUCH. That sounds very unpleasant, Trisch! But hey...you made it through a really long ride, so that is pretty awesome! We have a bike trail just down the street from our house and frequently talk about how we really should ride it. But the truth is that our bikes haven't been down out of the rafters of the pole barn for several years, and frankly, the last time I rode, I struggled a lot. My knee rebelled. Maybe next summer???? ;/

Pictures of my battle wounds! ;-)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Accident 2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	107.0 KB
ID:	20917

Name:	Accident 1.jpg
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	20918

And the bent handlebars--makes it interesting to ride "straight"!

Name:	Accident 3.jpg
Size:	128.2 KB
ID:	20919

Last edited by BlessedMama; 10-11-2017, 03:43 PM.
      ~ ..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
      ¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
      ((¸¸.·´ ..·´ Trisch -:¦:-
      -:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*

Master T-Tapp Trainer in Indiana, certified in all workouts!

From a 22W to an 8!

Comment

• homefire
        homefire commented
        Editing a comment
        yeah...the link doesn't work for me either.

• BlessedMama
        BlessedMama commented
        Editing a comment
        THAT'S bizarre! They're gone for some reason! I'll try again!

• Just7
        Just7 commented
        Editing a comment
        So now I see a few! Haha But OUCH and double OUCH!!! So glad you are not more badly hurt!!!

Trisch! My goodness, did you and your crew have an adventure and a half. That's a lot of mileage, even flat ground. Sore? Been there, done that. Considering a ride around Lake Leelanau this Friday, weather permitting. Only one hill and the rest is just gorgeous terrain.

Northmom - How wonderful that your family is relatively close by to your home. Ours is so scattered...sigh. Yay for getting that harvesting finished. It's so satisfying to complete a growing season successfully.

Back to SATI again this morning. Later all.
      Penny Nelson
      Pure Northern Michigan

Comment

• okielois
        okielois commented
        Editing a comment
        Love your larger font. It's easier to read.
        Lois

Did some T-Tapp yesterday---those wonderful floor moves that are so good for us! I am upping my reps so that should be good! I am sore today though---upper sides into my arm pit. Might be some of the yoga I did Monday and some arm things I did yesterday. Today I will try brushing again as Monday I was itchy afterwards. I just think it is because it has been such a long while and we have had a very dry summer going into Fall.
      Jennifer
      Wife for 32 wonderful years
      Mom to 7
      Mamee to 5
      T-Tapping since 2009

Comment

Well, so much for that return to consistency I was talking about a couple weeks ago. Last week was pretty much a bust--nothing but some walking and a few isolated moves--and we were away over the weekend. TODAY, though, I am back. I did MORE. I have a really sore neck/shoulder which cramps my style some, but it doesn't show any signs of going away. Starting to think I may just live with it the rest of my life. grump, grump. Anyway, it still feels good to have worked the rest of my bod, even if the neck doesn't like it!
        Ronda

Comment

• Just7
          Just7 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey -- a walk and some moves means some consistency, don't you think, Ronda?

Yay, Yay. I did all of the More 3 B today, all 34 minutes of it. Well, a couple of moves were not done as many as she did. And the balance part wasn't balanced. But I was pleased anyway. I thought I wouldn't have enough energy to walk later in the day. But we walked the whole mile too. But not very fast.
        My usual thing is that I'll have a really energetic day and then the next day is a dud. Hope that isn't true tomorrow.
        I had an appt with the eye retina Dr today. And things were still good. So I didn't have to have a shot in my eye. Always a good thing.
        Lois
        Lois

Comment

• Just7
          Just7 commented
          Editing a comment
          Excited that you got all that in, Lois! And I am praying that your day today will be good!

Did some yoga yesterday and then managed a walk while youngest dd had her piano lesson. My friend lives at the top of "hill" and so I go down THREE inclines and have to turn around and walk back up those. I am doing it these days without huffing and puffing too much.
        Jennifer
        Mom to 7
        Mamee to 5
        T-Tapping since 2009

Comment

PPW 15 this morning. My weight and measurements have been mostly holding their own now for several weeks. I sewed a dress yesterday and was able to make it at least one size smaller, so I'm extremely happy about that. Also, that winter coat I was hoping to fit into the last 2 winters now fits well enough that I will be able to wear it!

it was a frosty -11 C this morning. We got pig butchering arranged for 2 pigs. (I am kind of sorry to see them go. The children got such delight in feeding them the compost. Plus what will I do with my compost now! And I am an animal lover.) The man comes out here, a 1.5 hour drive for him, does the initial butchering, than takes them back, cuts and wraps them. The last 3 pigs it sounds like we will turn into sausage. A couple of my uncles and aunts want to come too. I told them they could have the third pig. I think a whole beef, 65 chickens and 4 pigs should last us a year. Our calves will not be ready until next year. Now, I'm hoping to have freezer room for it all. I'm so excited not to have to buy meat in the store anymore! I did choose very carefully where I bought, but still.....

Comment

• okielois
          okielois commented
          Editing a comment
          Our daughter & her family did chickens one year from baby to butchering. Then they didn't have room for all of them in their freezer and had to give quite a few away. So planning is important.
          Lois

After having trouble going to sleep, I slept in this morning and skipped the meeting I'd planned to go to. But I did get in some harp practice later. And I did More 3A (mostly). This afternoon I went to a group harp practice. And this evening I went to a church women's service project. I was late because of the harp thing, but that was ok. I didn't get in a walk because of the other stuff.
        So I was pleased with the day. I really am getting more well. For a good while I could only do one thing, even after I'd gotten better from the pneumonia.
        Lois
        Lois

Comment

• Penny Nelson
          Penny Nelson commented
          Editing a comment
          Super dooper fantastic!

• Just7
          Just7 commented
          Editing a comment
          So very glad that you are able to get back to doing the things you love, Lois!

No exercise yesterday. Had to be out of the house early for a dentist appointment. 4 shots of novocaine later and 2 fillings completely redone the whole right side of my face was droopy. Still have some soreness there and knowing I have to do it all over again in a couple of weeks is not making me too happy!

Some TTAPP moves on the floor this morning, I think!
        Jennifer
        Mom to 7
        Mamee to 5
        T-Tapping since 2009

Comment

Working...
        X