6 Weeks to a New You! May 15 - May 21- Wk 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 Weeks to a New You! May 15 - May 21- Wk 2

Welcome to week 2 of the 6 Weeks to a New You!

So how did you do?
    Did you get your workouts in?
    Did you take time for you?
    Did you feel more energy?
    Did you measure?
    Did you share your results? Your comments? Your concerns?

If you got it all done, GREAT!!! Give yourself a pat on the back! If not, you can re-start today!

If anyone still needs a copy of the calendar/measurement chart, please email me at dms67@msn.com and I will send it to you.

Make today really count!

Donna

So finished 2 week bootcamp on previous Saturday and was so happy because things usually always seem to come up but somehow I made it. I measured myself and I definitely lost. It was strange to switch to every other day. I did skip 2 days and I prefer to do ttapp Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. I think I'll keep that schedule. My clothing size did go down and best of all my body alignment is so much better! My back is feeling great. Still doing clean gut too.
    Im trying some postures to help me sitting so much during the day. I think it's helping too. So excited something is working finally! Feeling so grateful.

Hope all the moms moms out there had a wonderful day!!
    blessings
    julia

Comment

• Just7
      Just7 commented
      Editing a comment
      That is great, Julia!!!

We have decided to go to 2 days a week of Yoga. Of course, a week from today our youngest and I are heading down south for 2 weeks!! I wonder if my mom and sister will continue to do the class while I am away? T-Tapp for the next 3 days then as well as doing some walking here and there.
    Jennifer
    Wife for 32 wonderful years
    Mom to 7
    Mamee to 4
    T-Tapping since 2009

Comment

Back from Germany a little over a week ago. No jetlag issues either way (with some help). Did HHMM, BW, and BBFF #2 a few times while there as well as two Crossfit type sessions with my friend, mostly for company aspect, but I fully participated in the workout which was fun and clearly not sustainable on a regular basis (she does it once a week which I guess is doable).

So since back I have been doing a lot of standing T Tapp because the rugs are getting cleaned. I went up to lunges and then through balance on the TW tempo. Then yesterday I did ALL of TW, something I haven't done in ages. Crazy how much stronger I am now than when I used to do it regularly. My ability to maintain and understand form is much better. I attribute this to all the floor workouts I have been doing for so long now (not exclusively but a lot).

Still adjusting to my dayshift schedule when it comes to work out routine, times, frequency. I decided to go with the flow and just do it when I can. Maybe a pattern will emerge on its own, or not, but I will be working out one way or the other.

Comment

I am aiming for 3 days of walking workouts and 3 of Critter Crunch Floor every week. I'm not always hitting my goals but trying to! I dropped 2.5 inches this last week. I can feel Critter Crunch working in my hips. Also, I can tell how really weak my abs are, but they have slightly improved after doing it 4 times already.

We only got an inch and a quarter of rain, but oh, the fields are soggy. We are supposed to get a bit more this week, than it's supposed to warm up! I checked my stuff that I planted at the 'wrong' time of moon and the radishes were nicely up! I couldn't see anything else up yet. Our growing season is so short and it's so wet, we have ordered more short season canola to plant instead of oats. It's not unusual to get frost in August, so we can't plant past June 4th or so. We did get just over 200 acres in, and those peas are already sprouted in just a few days. We have many more acres to do yet.

Saturday we went for garage sales in the cold and the rain. It was only a few degrees above freezing. I got 2 wicker chairs and a table, something I have wanted for over 20 years! The best part was I paid $3 for it! It's in need of a paint job, but it's solid and the cushions are in excellent condition. Now to decide on a paint color.....

I'm off to do PPW now, wishing everyone a good day!

Comment

Going great, I've noticed more energy at work and better sleep.
          Off for a ladybug today. If I can finish the floor part of the exercises, I'm a star.

Comment

And I am...half a star!
            Again, another floor fail, but I managed to finish the standing ladybug without cursing too much.

The plan is long walk tomorrow, dance class on Thursday and another ladybug on Friday.

Comment

• Just7
              Just7 commented
              Editing a comment
              I can't do both the standing and the floor in one day, Marie...I would say you are doing GREAT! Because I actually split up the standing and do it in 2 days...the same with the floor part!

just PBS for today...super tired and sore but I'll make it.

Comment

• Just7
              Just7 commented
              Editing a comment
              Bit by bit, Jwilloby!

DH is home for a bit this morning so my normal "routine" is a little skewed. I did some more of the Fascia Fitness yesterday. I did PBS, the first portion, on my own and found that my knees were not popping and clicking as much. I figure it is a case of consistency and therapy that will help in the long term. Today will be a few floor moves and a nice walk during dd's piano lesson. It is supposed to warm up quite nicely today...be almost 90 so I hope that it will still be a little cooler when I go for my walk!

One of my sister's got results from a recent MRI--degeneration with nerve infringement in the cervical spine and thoracic region. They basically told her--you are poor, your insurance stinks, we won't do anything to "fix" anything until you at the point where you can't walk so take some pain meds that aren't habit forming. :shock: She used to do some T-Tapp but couldnt' afford the DVDs and has a teeny house that is chock full of kids and dogs so no room to workout anyway (literally--she has 9 kids still at home and a dog or two in the house as well as puppies being born frequently. They raise golden retrievers to sell). I feel so badly for her.
            Jennifer
            Mom to 7
            Mamee to 4
            T-Tapping since 2009

Comment

Got my walk in. It was warm but there was a warm breeze occassionally that wasn't refreshing, per se, but kept the air moving. Went shopping with our youngest yesterday, twice, in preparation for summer and for our trip down south to be with the grandkids. Was so sore and hurting by the time I dropped into bed that I didn't realize that dh had put in the A/C in our bedroom right away! Haha SOOO thankful for that!

Today's plan is to do some more of Fascia Fitness and then get caught up on some house chores in preparation for being away for 2 weeks.
              Jennifer
              Mom to 7
              Mamee to 4
              T-Tapping since 2009

Comment

PBS for today...hope to fit in BWO tomorrow morning.

Comment

Hi everyone! So good to hear how you are all dealing with real life plus trying to take care of yourself, too.

A "re-intro": I'm a homeschooling mom of 5 in Asia, doing T-Tapp for 4 yrs. super hot here now, so enjoying a shower after wo's, man i sweat! I remember how i had to work at t-tapp for a while before i started sweating again. Side question: my husband doesn't sweat and is quite bowled over by the heat. Same in winter, bowled over by the cold. Seems to have a broken thermostat! Thoughts?

i had been limiting myself to 15 m wo's a day 5d/w to baby my adrenals but i have done 20 and 25 a few days recently for the first time in a year. And i felt good! Not too tired or crabby. Ill see if i swelled this week. Kaye

Comment

• Marie76
                    Marie76 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hi, Kay, the only two workouts that make me sweat are HITT training (and not always) and T tapp. Due to hypothyroidism I hardly ever sweat- honestly, I don't even need deodorant. But T tapp is incredible. I suppose as long as you drink plenty and take the water breaks on the DVD literally, then you'll be fine! Good luck!
                    xM

Friday here and just back from work! I have decided my plan to attack the ladybug one last time this week is overambitious; I'm wrecked! Will do a step the inches away and leave the ladybug for Saturday/Sunday.
                  How's everyone doing?

M

Comment

I got in the first part of CCF again. It was a little better today. Meaning I could lift both legs at the same time, and they actually moved! One at a time was not too bad, but the first couple times I couldn't do them both at the same time.

I am going out to plant carrots, beets, some onions, and a few more radishes. We are still not on fields, as they are still mushy from all the rain. We are supposed to get up to 3 inches next week again, just when DH thinks it will be about dry enough to get on them again. So prayers would be appreciated that we could somehow get our crops in, as that is our only livelihood. It's sunny and really windy today. I mowed a lot of the lawn yesterday, so if I get my stuff planted, I may go finish the lawns. It takes about 5 hours to do all of it and now it's really growing. We had too many years of brown, dry lawns so I'm really enjoying the greenness.

Comment

Yesterday CC2. Today a walk and TW tempo through Balance and then skipped to Arms portion. Gotta keep working on my arms, they are beginning to take on a shape again!

Jennifer, I am sorry to hear about your sister! What T Tapp did she used to when she did it?

Comment

• Just7
                        Just7 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        She was doing BWO+.
                    Working...
                    X