Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's up with oil wells??? Trainers, anyone?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's up with oil wells??? Trainers, anyone?

Originally posted by Manon Gazaille 02-27-2003, 03:29 PM

All right, I've been meaning to ask this question for the longest time so here goes:

I STILL DON'T GET THE DARN OIL WELLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is it exactly I'm supposed to be feeling???... For the life of me, all I feel are my legs with the KLT and.... THAT'S IT!!.. I tried (I think!) all the form tips I could get my little hands on... but... Maybe, there is something someone can tell me that will make more sense...

Thanks,

Manon

crysk_68
    04-29-2005, 04:37 PM

Lannette, good tip. I don't remember hearing this one before.

quote:Originally posted by Lannette

OOOH Terri,

You reminded me of another thing. It's important not to allow your hips to get so far back during the flat back that you lose that wonderful pull through the hamstrings and glutes. If your weight is too much on the heels you lose it but shift the weight forward just a bit and bam! Contraction out the wazoo. It is a great move, isn't it?

chairster
    04-29-2005, 08:18 PM
    I wanted to chime in here. Having just done the MORE workout, I had an AHA moment with Oil Wells. It seems I was not using my glutes to raise my body up during the "pumping" action of the Oil Wells move.

Holy Moly! I never felt that part of my butt move before! It actually felt good, using a new muscle. So now I enjoy Oil Wells and will continue to do the MORE workout. I'm hooked.

Good luck to all,
    Chairster

jennpleez
    10-22-2006, 06:57 PM
    Just wanted to share my newest 'a-ha!' moment!

Oil wells take on a whole new meaning like this. I guess I was trying to tuck my butt instead of letting it arch. And I wasn't leaning forward enough either.

Let me make sure I've got this correct tho. When I tried OW this way here's what I felt:

When I reached through I felt a stretch in my inner thigh and groin, hamstring and glutes (sort of a contraction/stretch?)to low back.
    When I came to a flat back and did the pumping part with the arms I felt the contraction in my lats.
    I felt a tighter ab contraction too.

Sound right?

Jenn

QE3
    10-22-2006, 08:24 PM
    ya, plus if you tighten your butt as you come up, it's even better, hehe

Good job Jen~!

Kate -:¦:- Queen of Everything plus 3 boys! -:¦:-

gr8fisch
    10-23-2006, 12:32 PM
    brings a whole new meaning to digging for oil...

Comment

Working...
    X