Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fear of Workshops

Originally posted by brngckn 07-19-2007, 12:53 PM
    Be it fear of... embarrassment, not being able to "keep up", feeling awkward or clumsy, being seen in spandex... I am hear to say, "DO NOT FEAR!"
    Remember, T-Tapp is about progress, not perfection. It's in the practice and attempt that we get stronger and more knowledgeable. It's not about "keeping up"; it's about doing what you can and learning. We learn with our eyes and ears as well as by moving the body.
    Workshop attendees are focused on themselves and on the trainer leading the class. If you bobble (which is GOOD, by the way), no one will see it except me and you. And, I will be bobbling along with you.
    "You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

Kirsten
    Last edited by Forum Angel; 04-13-2016, 02:01 PM.

Casey
    07-19-2007, 01:09 PM
    Agreed! Don't be afraid... just do it. Workshops help to refresh your form, energize your motivation and build a stronger mind/body connection. Join in on the fun and enhance your T-Tapp journey.

Casey

lis
    07-19-2007, 02:14 PM
    for those of us who live far from trainers and can't get to a workshop... how do the webcam consultations work? It seems like it would be pretty hard to do it that way.

WendyD
    07-19-2007, 02:16 PM
    This is SO true. I attended one of Kirsten's classes last week and found my lats for the first time. You really are focused on what the trainer is saying and trying to do it that you don't see anyone else in the room. It was awesome and I learned so much.

Just for encouragement - I signed up for her abs workshop. So NOT a strong point of mine. I'm hoping I'll last through the first 5 min! [ ] [:0]

Wendy

meanderwithme
    07-19-2007, 06:27 PM
    quote:Originally posted by lis

for those of us who live far from trainers and can't get to a workshop... how do the webcam consultations work? It seems like it would be pretty hard to do it that way.
    Ha!

You might think so, but you'd be dead wrong. I've worked with Kirsten via webcam three or four times now, and found that it was an amazingly effective way to work. First, since you're the only client, you get tweaks to your form that might be missed in a clinic -- a single form correction for me made all the difference in the world in my balance. Of course, you might see this as well with one-on-one training, but with the web training, there's no travel time!

What I can tell you is that if you haven't gotten to go through even just BWO+ at a very slow pace, under the watchful eye of a trainer, you don't know what you're missing. I sweated buckets, and we took nearly a full hour-long session to do BWO+. I highly recommend it, and if you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

~~~~~
    Allison

lis
    07-20-2007, 02:48 AM
    thanks for the push!

I definately want to try it out then.
    Somehow I thought "live" one on one would be much better so I've been waiting around trying to figure out when i could do that.
    I Need to get up the guts... and buy the equipment

nat1jen
    07-20-2007, 02:38 PM
    Kirsten, did you start the thread for me? You know that I'm a big chicken, but I am coming to the workshop. Thank heavens that we pay in advance or I'd try to wimp out. I know in my heart that the workshop will be fantastic, but my mind is telling me differently. See you in a week.

Lu

monica213
    07-20-2007, 02:45 PM
    Lis,

Webcam or video tape, the trainer will critique your form with written feedback that you can apply right away AND have it all written down to refer to often.

Excellent post Tuck!

Michelle Barbuto - Senior T-Tapp Trainer

brngckn
    07-20-2007, 04:47 PM
    quote:Originally posted by nat1jen

Kirsten, did you start the thread for me?
    No, not specifically. But, if you benefitted...

Kirsten, the Travelin' T-Tapp Trainer from Texas

lis
    07-22-2007, 03:09 PM
    Thanks for the push!
    Did a webcam consultation with Kirsten today and it was great!
    boy do I have a lot to learn....
    I only wish I was closer to Texas and could do a lot more of this-
    I can really see that this is what makes the difference.

If any of you trainers ever decide to visit Israel please let me know... It's worth the trip - you can take a real dead sea soak over here

Mac7
    07-27-2007, 01:03 AM
    Just read the Forum where there is a clinic in WI. I have never been to one, but 4 hrs. WOW!!!!!!! I don't think I have the stamina to workout that long or to be able to keep up. What happens if you sign up for a clinic and can't do all that the trainers are doing[?]

Maggie

rphbbkat
    07-27-2007, 02:35 AM
    There's no pressure-just do what you can and take breaks when you need them. You can always carry a notebook and take notes if you don't have the stamina to work out. You'd be surprised how much you can learn just by observing. I was at Safety Harbor last year 3 months after double knee replacement surgery. I definitely didn't have the stamina to do the full schedule, but I came away with a lot of notes and tweaks that I could incorporate as I got stronger (and this after 5 yrs of off and on t-tapping and lots of clinics). None of the trainers I have met are "workout police"-they don't mind if you rest or sit some things out. Go-you'll definitely gain knowledge! Bobbi

LilDeb
    07-27-2007, 02:13 PM
    It is so true Wendy in that you are totally focused on the trainer and yourself at a clinic. No one is focused on looking around. The trainers want the best for you and you do the best that you can. Whatever that means for you.

It is to your advantage to wear form fitting clothing during a clinic so it is easier for the trainer to see your form. Remember we are all there to get better results and we are all in this together!!

Deborah Etter

Jeanne Z
    07-27-2007, 06:41 PM
    How true Kirsten, great post!!! T-Tappers are the most positive supportive women (and men) out there.

Jeanne Zimet

Lenore
    04-13-2008, 11:10 PM
    Here to pop in to say that I was pretty apprehensive to go to Jeanne's workshop for fear of keeping up or being pushed harder than I wanted to be. It was GOOD! I got a good workout, some really good tips (lots) and felt the comaraderie of being with other t-tappers in real time.

Go for it!!!
    Lenore
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL.

justkim
    04-13-2008, 11:19 PM
    Think of what you will miss if you don't go!

FreeCellPenguin
    04-14-2008, 12:43 AM
    My story... I got my t-tapp DVD last June, bought the book later in the summer. I've been t-tapping pretty consistently since then, and thought I had the moves down, and was maintaining a 50-pound weight loss.

On Saturday, motivated by the 60-day challenge, I signed up for a training seminar. There were only 4 people there, so I got a lot of personal attention on moves that I wasn't doing right.

You know, the workout was a whole lot easier doing it MY way! Not nearly as effective... just a whole lot easier. I did BWO+ today, trying to correct my stance on a lot of the moves, and boy, did my heart rate go up higher!

If you have a chance to work out with a trainer, go for it!!!

Elaine

Comment

Ausum
      04-14-2008, 01:38 PM
      Well - I'm not afraid to attend a clinic - I just happen to live in an area that doesn't have any trainers. Hopefully that will change soon. I would welcome the opportunity to attend one - I know my form isn't what it could be.

Joyce

SeanyseanUK
      04-14-2008, 01:43 PM
      LOL its funny what you say and yes I can imagine it is a bit daunting. Yep its all about progress. I was playing with the idea of entering the 60 day challenge and did. But found myself really at my fear limits when I had to get into cycling shorts and a t-shirt. Not the kind of things I would usually wear around the place, and I felt vulnerable and exposed as a result! Particularly as well as I had to get someone else to take my picture (oh the shame and embarassment). But I took a breath and did it and am laughing at it now looking back. Funny how when we do it, our minds conjure up the greatest of fears and then we do it and are able to laugh at it!

AngelLeigh
      08-28-2008, 12:53 PM
      Don't worry Sean....we won't even notice[:0] that you are like ...ya know...a minority of men at the retreat
      [:I]embarassment at biking short???[:I]you should try putting on a bikini for the before/after shots (when you don't normally wear one[:0]) and knowing now that NOW anybody/and her dog can look at them!!!

AngelLeigh (Angela C)

sooztunes2
      08-29-2008, 12:15 PM
      Yes, workshops & the retreat are FANTASTIC! And this is from a very "non-athletic" person. I was amazed at the retreat a coupla years ago how much stamina I had and how many workouts I could get through. I did 10 workouts in 4 days! (and lost 20 inches - I was pretty darn puffy when I arrived) And I still had energy and stamina to hang with some girls, go shopping, and giggle and chat at impromptu parties in our rooms. The participants, trainers & Teresa are so friendly & helpful. Someone with T-Tapp expertise can come along and shift your leg or arm or hip just a little bit and it will make a HUGE difference in your workout.

At a workshop Kristin did in Dallas a year or so ago (maybe longer), I only had 2 or 3 times in several hours when I had to do fewer reps and just breathe or observe. And she's right, nobody was looking at me! Everyone was way too busy trying to keep their form. Plus Move Studio, where she typically does her workshops, is a great nurturing atmosphere for movement and freedom.

Remember, it's all about our own personal max, not anybody else's. We get health results no matter what as long as we're in alignment and moving the T-Tapp way!

Sooz

iammaga
      04-06-2009, 01:27 PM
      I have attended a workshop with Carol Heinrich and Kat Creedon. It was phenominal. I believe there were twelve of us in all shapes and levels of stamina. No one was focused on anyone except themselves and the trainer coming around telling you which muscles to work on or pull in. Just like you, everyone there is to get the most out of that workshop to take home. We all need work somewhere or we wouldn't be there. I would drive four hours again for a workshop. I wish I could find one once a month.

You will never know how freeing it is until you experience it.

Neecy

Joyfirst
      04-30-2010, 10:51 AM
      I am not afraid of being not good enough(we are all perfect where we are for our journey), I am just thinking I hope I can absorb and remember all the tips later. It would be hard to try to do it and to write down them at the same time.

kathyd
      04-30-2010, 10:37 PM
      Yes, workshops are the best! I just attended one with Carol Heinrich that was awesome! She is so encouraging and really knows how to help you get your body in the proper alignment. I love T-Tapp but was having trouble losing inches in my hips and thighs. Carol showed me how to change position slightly and wow are my thighs quivering now!
      I know it's hard to save up the money, and it's intimidating when you think it's about finding out what you are doing wrong - but change your perspective - the trainers really want to help you progress and help you be the best you can. The workshops are worth the time, money and nervousness - you'll be so glad you attended!

Abunchofus
      05-01-2010, 02:13 AM
      I think maybe it is Kristen that does classes just outside of houston - I hope next time we visit family there that my mom and I can come to a class!

~*~ Christi ~*~

brngckn
      05-01-2010, 05:29 AM
      Yes, I hold classes in the Houston area and worldwide.

Originally posted by Abunchofus View Post
      I think maybe it is Kristen that does classes just outside of houston - I hope next time we visit family there that my mom and I can come to a class!

Kirsten, the Travelin', Flyin' & Hoopin' T-Tapp Trainer from TX

jmommy6
      01-14-2011, 01:09 PM
      I was considering going to a clinic or buying TWO. I have BWO+. I can't afford to do both. Which do you with more experience recommend? Thanks!

BlessedMama
      01-14-2011, 01:50 PM
      The clinic can really help you maximize your understanding of muscle activation. I had TWO, but did mainly BWO+ (and SATI) for the first several months. I went to a form clinic about 5 months after starting, and then attempted TWO about a month later. I really felt going to the clinic helped--and I only went to the BWO+ portion!

So perhaps focus your efforts on BWO+ for now, go to the clinic, and then save up for TWO!

Often the trainer's will offer products at a discount, too, at the clinic. I saved my change for 3 months to be able to by TWO, SATI and a brush with the book discount! So go for it! By March (that was the clinic, right?) you might be able to save enough for the rest of TWO!

HTH!

~ ..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
      ¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
      ((¸¸.·´ ..·´ Trisch -:¦:-
      -:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*

Comment

Working...
      X