X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CRT for the face??

Originally posted by ksmusselman 07-04-2009, 09:11 AM
    Hi folks!

I'm at the end of my second week of T-Tapp MORE and I'm starting to feel the beneficial effects! I started using alfalfa last week and started brushing this morning.

My question is, I haven't heard anything mentioned about loose skin around the face and neck and whether or not brushing anywhere on those areas would help and if so, in what direction?

On my own this morning though after brushing correctly everywhere else, I simply took the brush in an upward motion along my neck then up my face toward the top of my head. My face is really "round" since the weight gain and I just don't want saggy patches of "leathery" skin and a loose saggy neck as I lose the weight.

Thanks!
    Karen

Answered by monica213 07-04-2009, 09:28 AM
    Face Brushing
    Do you know about the T-Tapp Face Brushing Sequence? In order to do face brushing you will want to purchase a small, soft, natural bristle brush. We do not retail those yet, but you can find one at any bath and body store for about $10.00. Do not use the plastic kind because they do not have the same affect and can scratch your skin. T-Tapp’s Face Brushing Sequence is as follows:

Begin with brushing up on the neck and then on the face, you brush up and out:
    ·Jaw line - brush out in circular motions towards ear.
    ·Cheekbones - brush out in circular motions towards ear.
    ·Forehead - start in middle of forehead and brush out on each side towards temple.
    ·Nose - small circular movements over the nose.
    ·Under eyes - tiny, light circular motions from outer eye in towards the nose (not out towards ear)

Michelle Barbuto RN - Specializing in Physical Rehab Nursing

ksmusselman
    07-04-2009, 10:02 AM
    Thank you so much!!! Doing it on my own, I was pretty close...

Karen

Casey
    08-07-2009, 08:31 AM
    Hey everyone! I found a link to a really inexpensive all-natural face brush. Here it is: http://www.internatural-alternative-...ingr375128.cfm

Casey Ellis

Piglet2u
    08-07-2009, 04:05 PM
    This is so AWESOME, Casey!!! Thanks so much!!!
    You are such a blessing! Here we have all been yearning for a face brush and what a super deal you found us!!!

I called them and they said the special should run the rest of August and S&H is $4.95.

Piglet2u

Mamasaphire6
    08-19-2009, 09:37 AM
    Another place I have seen them in the past is vitacost.com

~Hannah

stampingranny
    10-07-2009, 10:18 PM
    Thanks for this info. I am sorta new here but, have been body brushing off and on and wondered about the face and neck. This is great news to me!

gunnersmom
    04-02-2010, 05:04 PM
    I found a small rectangular natural bristle brush called a nail brush at Bed Bath and Beyond a while back for less than $5. It has bristles on both sides, one side being smaller and softer than the other. I use the firmer, longer side for my face and the smaller softer side for under my eyes. Its actually working quite well and very inexpensive.

sandie6605
    06-15-2010, 07:56 PM
    I just wanted to say that at wal mart in the health and beauty aids section where they have the bath salts and bath brushes and such....I purchased an all natural soft bristle brush with a long wooden handle, which is removable that is perfect for my face. It's only 98 cents. The brush itself is small and it's perfect for the face. Does wonders for mine!

TulipGirl
    09-15-2010, 09:16 AM
    I bought a whisker brush for my DH-you know the old fashioned lather up the face brush?. He didn't like it but it is working great for my face. I got it at WalMart.

~*~Dana Ellsworth~*~

faithful
    09-28-2010, 01:48 AM
    Interesting ... this had come to my mind already. The creased neck, double chin, and jowls look is not appealing but will be worse when loose.

Tappingaway
    10-01-2010, 04:32 PM
    Originally posted by monica213 View Post
    Face Brushing
    Do you know about the T-Tapp Face Brushing Sequence? In order to do face brushing you will want to purchase a small, soft, natural bristle brush. We do not retail those yet, but you can find one at any bath and body store for about $10.00. Do not use the plastic kind because they do not have the same affect and can scratch your skin. T-Tapp’s Face Brushing Sequence is as follows:

Begin with brushing up on the neck and then on the face, you brush up and out:
    ·Jaw line - brush out in circular motions towards ear.
    ·Cheekbones - brush out in circular motions towards ear.
    ·Forehead - start in middle of forehead and brush out on each side towards temple.
    ·Nose - small circular movements over the nose.
    ·Under eyes - tiny, light circular motions from outer eye in towards the nose (not out towards ear)
    I had read that with dry brushing on the body the movements should go towards the heart, "stroking away from your heart puts extra pressure on the valves within the veins and lymph vessels and can cause ruptured vessels and varicose veins."

So on the neck I have always used brush stokes that go down to my chest, and on my face I have done the circular movements that you have described above.I figured on the neck we have the lymph nodes on the side of our throat, so downward strokes would be best. Any thoughts on this ?

Nati
    10-06-2010, 01:22 AM
    I never thought about brushing the face but I'd definitely like to get a brush and try this.

SeanyseanUK
    10-22-2010, 04:53 AM
    For body brushing, its true, the movements do go to the heart, but I think with the neck, a lot of challenge is placed on it by normal gravity and us being upright, but by brushing upwards, your kind of kicking the brain into action to decongest any blockages or areas where the lymph is impeded somewhat. So whilst it probably seems contraintuitive to brush upwards, by doing so, your not only helping the body to destress from gravity, but your also encouraging the body to holistically heal and remove any blockages. You can of course brush downwards, but then your challenging the skin a little moreso, and I think it kind of needs all the help it can get from gravity. Any brushing is better than none at all!

Tappingaway
    10-22-2010, 11:36 AM
    Thank you SeanyseanUK for your view point about neck brushing. I will give a go with upwards stokes and with the intention you shared. I can always use a little help getting the brain to kick into action!

Heartstring
    10-23-2010, 12:11 AM
    This is interesting to me because for over twenty years I worked in cosmetic sales and the movement of application we taught it is very similar to Teresa’s Face Brushing Sequence. We taught to stroke up and out on the cheeks, chin and forehead. Then we taught what I called a “9” pattern around the eyes. Meaning that you started on the inside of the eye (at the nose) and stroked outward on top of the eyelid and then inward under the eye back toward the nose, then you smoothed down the nose (because the pores are angled down and you don’t want to congest them by stroking upwards.) When complete you will have made the number nine. (Hope that made sense - it is better taught visually) We always taught to stroke in under the eyes because of the way the dermal tissue or fibers lay. If you stroked out you would stretch the skin opposite from the way that it naturally laid under the skin. You stroked up on the neck for the same reason. Technically, I have never actually looked this up so who knows – it might be wrong, but I learned it from a make-up artist years ago. Over the years I have taught it to hundreds of people and I have been using this movement as I brushed my face daily. I didn't know that Teresa had a pattern for it. I have not been doing the small circles, but other than that the movements are very much the same. To this day I cannot stroke outward under my eyes – it just freaks me out. Anyway – thanks for the info - I like knowing the why of what we do – I’ll add the small circles now too.

Claudine

SeanyseanUK
    01-05-2011, 03:40 PM
    No worries, like most things in life variety is important and I think our bodies are no different at all! :0)
    Originally posted by Tappingaway View Post
    Thank you SeanyseanUK for your view point about neck brushing. I will give a go with upwards stokes and with the intention you shared. I can always use a little help getting the brain to kick into action!

SeanyseanUK
    01-05-2011, 03:43 PM
    Claudine thats really interesting re the 9 and you described it perfectly. I'll have to give that a try. I know in my massage classes, depending on what method you were learning and who was teaching, everyone had their preferences. Some would suggest that by starting at the inner eye corners and doing a smoothing out motion you removed excess fluids, and others would suggest that it was better to start at the far outer corners, and move inwards as they had reason to believe this stimulated the body to get rid of fluids there. I've tried both and at different times they've both suited me well, but I do like variety too and so I've never remained faithful to any one method. Also the under eye is very lymphatic by nature, and thats often why puffiness etc are the first symptons to show up there when the lymph is challenged somewhat. All food for thought isn't it.

shellysantafe
    01-05-2011, 07:16 PM
    when I learned lymph drainage for the face at esthetics school we used downward strokes on the sides of throats.

Shelly

monica213
    01-05-2011, 07:34 PM
    Originally posted by shellysantafe View Post
    when I learned lymph drainage for the face at esthetics school we used downward strokes on the sides of throats.

For lymphatic purposes it is always toward the heart, but you dont want to brush the skin downward, it would make it sag or wrinkle over time (I would think) Always up would be what you want for the throat.

Michelle Barbuto RN - Specializing in Physical Rehab Nursing

Karinne
    03-25-2011, 10:29 AM
    Thanks Michelle for the tip, I didn't know there was a T-tapp face brushing sequence and was wondering as well as Karen if I could do my face with the CRT skin brush ! I too have a round face and thought I'd be stuck with bad looking skin on my face and nice skin on the rest of my body ! Many many thanks !!!

pipert
    07-03-2011, 04:27 PM
    Face brushing with clarisonic?

I am wondering if using the T tapp guidelines, using the Clarisonic face brush would work. It has soft bristles, and naturally moves in a circular way.

SeanyseanUK
    08-09-2011, 11:21 AM
    The clarisonic cannot produce the same results as the brushes being talked about, because they synthetic (so can cause tiny scratches) and they also move/vibrate. Even if you didn't turn the device on, it wouldn't be stable enough to work as deeply as the natural fibre brush would. So its definitely worth trying, but I'd also recommend trying it for your own comparison with a small natural bristle brush. Results will speak for themselves.

Now re brushing downwards/upwards. Also being a trained lymphatic masseur I can understand where people say they've heard only downwards movements on the neck and thats partally true, but you can do (and are sometimes advised to do upward strokes too). One isn't better than the other they both compliment each other so you can always start out by brushing downwards (for lymph drainage) and upwards (for skin toning and neck tightening).
    Originally posted by pipert View Post
    I am wondering if using the T tapp guidelines, using the Clarisonic face brush would work. It has soft bristles, and naturally moves in a circular way.

Comment

Working...
    X