Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 22 tips for having success with t-tapp at home

Originally posted by monica213 04-22-2013, 07:10 PM
    1. Give yourself permission – Take care of yourself first, remember if YOU aren’t happy then NO ONE is happy! There should be ZERO guilt in building the strongest and happiest person that YOU were meant to be!
    2. Ask for help – Enlist a workout buddy, or just put it out there that THIS is what you are going to do to regain control of who you are. There is no harm in that and it gives you the support you may need in the weeks to come while you establish this healthy habit, plus you may be setting an example for someone else, you never know what eyes are watching!
    3. DO the Instructionals Frequently! – It is within the progression of T-Tapp that you will see results. Never underestimate the power of the instructional tapes, after all they are about your body getting stronger and more flexible while developing that mind to body flow. It is NEVER your brain “knowing” the workout. I suggest to my clients that each month they revisit the instructionals, there is always something new to learn within them. Getting your body to “know” instructionals will optimize your results. Even trainers still do the instructionals.
    4. Create a T-Tapp Notebook – The T-Tapp forum is a jewel to insight on form, motivation, schedules, workouts. Take notes, keep them organized refer to them often. It will help to motivate you and continue to grow.
    5. Cut reps to focus on form! – In the beginning I really emphasis the ability to cut reps within the workout to really focus on form and muscle activation. Why waste a movement if you really don’t “get it” or don’t “feel it”? Cut reps to 2 or 4 and really concentrate on tucking, lifting the ribs, activating your muscles while keeping everything in a linear alignment. It is better to do 4 with good form than 8 without. Focus on quality over quantity.
    6. Listen to your Body – The body is an amazing machine. Not only is it able to repair itself, if you are in tune with your body, it will tell you when to rest, or when you might be able to push yourself a little harder.
    7. Feel Energized? – Utilize this day to do a longer workout! Nothing like living in the moment and taking advantage of it.
    8. Want to build Energy? – Do a workout of shorter duration, or cut reps within your workout. Remember with T-Tapp technique, Less is More! Focus on form and muscle activation, be consistent and remember you ARE worth it!
    9. Feel Free to Rest – If your body is saying “Not today” then listen! Take this opportunity to appreciate and nurture the inner you. Eat well, hydrate, meditate, enjoy who YOU are.
    10. Bootcamp or not to Bootcamp? – We suggest that a bootcamp be done when you are starting (and after REALLY learning the instructionals for max results), after 4 – 6 weeks of another bootcamp, or when you plateau (and have been there for at least 2 weeks). If you don’t fit into one of these catagories, then a bootcamp is NOT the answer. Consistency is.
    11. Breathe! – Too often we are concentrating so hard on doing the movement that we forget to breathe, and it is in holding that breath that we create not only oxygen deprivation, but also we hinder our results by expanding and building a bigger rib cage. (which in turn increase our waist and abs) Learn to breathe through each movement, really exhale and make it twice as long as your inhale, while using the intercostal muscles to pull your rib cage together.
    12. Become a member on the T-Tapp Forum – Not only can you find words of wisdom to help your progress in your journey you can ask any question, there is always an expert or two to help answer your query. If you are feeling discouraged or have a success to report, do it! Connecting with others who walk your path will help you stay consistent and continue to improve on your quest of becoming a better you.
    13. Drink Plenty of Water-
    14. Create a schedule and stick to it! – consider this your date with yourself, create it a month in advance and don’t waiver. Find what works best for your body, short workouts, long & short workouts, walking, floor work… there are so many options, just be sure to schedule in the instructional DVD’s each month for one week.
    15. Keep Track of your Progress – I encourage measuring once a month, and keeping track of how your favorite jeans fit you. Photos are a good reference too, to help see the changes over time. Measuring more often can create havoc on our emotions, let’s face it… How many times have you stepped on the scale or measured your waist and saw an increase and thought “What the heck am I doing this for?” and then turned to food to satiate your mood. Measuring once a month gives you enough time to help create healthy habits that you will want to continue to nurture.
    16. Dry Skin Brush -
    17. Create a T-Tapp Journal – Keep your thoughts about the workout, anything you learned that day about T-Tapp, what workout you did, how you felt before during and after the workout
    18. Reward yourself – Every time you complete your workout or add a new healthy habit, put a $1 in the “cookie jar” , when you reach your first mini-goal, use that money EARNED to do something nice for yourself! (a massage, pedicure, new pair of jeans, new workout video etc…)
    19. Get Plenty of Rest – Not getting enough rest can cause you to release stress hormones, which will actually hold on to fat. Scheduling sleep times is important for your body to recover, refresh and feel renewed. Depriving yourself of sleep creates havoc.
    20. Use a mirror – Using a mirror is a wonderful way to see if you are holding linear alignment, what you think you are doing will be verified by what you see you are doing.
    21. Don’t measure weekly or weigh yourself daily - as wpmen we tend to let this guide our feelings and might create self sabaoge, instead just focus on loving yourself and your amazing body.
    22. Just DO IT! – Commit to be Fit! – T-Tapp is cardio strength and Flexibility in one workout! It is stress relieving, muscle toning, lengthening and working that heart. Commit to be the best you that YOU can be. You are worth it!

Michelle Barbuto RN - Specializing in Physical Rehab Nursing

Nelie
    04-22-2013, 08:13 PM
    These are all such great reminders for all of us who have been doing it awhile and a great place to START for newbies. Especially the one about joining the Forums.
    Nancy

MomAtHome
    04-22-2013, 08:20 PM
    Thanks, Michelle. I can tell you put a lot of thought into this.

Love "Focus on quality over quantity." How true. And yes, rest, rest. How important!
    *´¨)
    ¸.• ´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•'* M. H.

BlessedMama
    04-22-2013, 08:44 PM
    GREAT post! And shouldn't you put it in the Must Read Threads, oh, Forum Moderator?!
    ~ ..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
    ¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
    ((¸¸.·´ ..·´ Trisch -:¦:-
    -:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*

RestingInHim
    04-22-2013, 10:13 PM
    Thank you for sharing Michelle. Very informative, encouraging & timely.
    Married to my hubby for 29 yrs.
    Homeschool mom to 5 blessings. Four girls, one boy.
    Grandmother to 4 precious grandchildren, 3 girls, 1 boy.
    Lost 69.5 inches with T-Tapp since April 2012.
    60 day challenge winner for 2012 in the more to lose over 50 category

Cathy

just7
    04-23-2013, 06:58 AM
    What a great list, Michelle! Thank you so much for sharing it!!!
    Jennifer Wife for 30 wonderful years Mom to 7--5 still at home--ages 23 to 14 (5 girls and 2 boys) Mamee to 4 T-Tapping since 2009

monica213
    04-23-2013, 07:38 AM
    Thanks, this was a labor of love for me, it took me a long time to thoroughly think it out. Life has been crazy busy since I started back to college for my MSN. But I am always around <3 XOXO
    sigpic

adrianne
    04-23-2013, 08:07 AM
    Thank you, Michelle for your labor of love. I need to copy and post on my fridge!
    Former home-schooling mom of two now adult children. Started doing T-Tapp in the Fall of 2007. Have lost 41 inches and and more than 30 lbs. My heartfelt thanks to Teresa. She's the absolute best!

melissasims
    04-23-2013, 08:19 AM
    I LOVE THIS LIST!!!

I can't tell you how much I agree with going back and watching instructionals! I will even go back and watch the instructional for TWO even after I certified and still learn something new. Or it just 'resets' my brain if I have gotten into a slump or plateau.

Great list, Michelle!
    Melissa Sims

chercher1
    04-23-2013, 10:31 AM
    Great list Michelle!
    Cheryl Dodd Coale BSN, RN, CCRN, FCCS

MEKTapper
    04-23-2013, 04:19 PM
    Thank you! I'm sending this link to all my newbie Tappers! Great reminders for all of us!
    Blessings,

Mary Ellen (MEK)

Gr8fulMommy
    04-24-2013, 10:44 AM
    Thank you, Michelle!
    Kara, who is making little choices every day

justbeyou
    06-04-2013, 09:10 AM
    Thank you for this encouragement. I did my first T-Tapp yesterday and I couldn't finish it. I know I just need to keep going. This is like no other exercise I have ever done before.

thanks!
    Gwen

Titus2Mommy
    06-05-2013, 07:18 PM
    Thank you for the list. I NEEDED this to keep me going!

Angie

Dolly_Finn
    06-06-2013, 10:38 AM
    This was a great post. Thank you for writing it. It came at exactly the right time for me!

monica213
    08-25-2013, 07:37 AM
    Originally posted by Dolly_Finn View Post
    This was a great post. Thank you for writing it. It came at exactly the right time for me!
    You are very welcome! Glad I can help

mamalove
    08-25-2013, 05:02 PM
    Awesome post, Michelle! Love.....
    Abbie

monica213
    08-27-2013, 06:41 AM
    Originally posted by mamalove View Post
    Awesome post, Michelle! Love.....
    I love the fact that you are back Miss Abbie XOXO

ngj26
    09-27-2013, 11:23 AM
    WATCH THE FORM TIPS... over and over

I would like to add to this

Being a long time T-Tapper I might not always review the Form Tips that come on most, if not all of the T-Tapp workouts, but I am reminding you all now- Do yourself a BIG favor and watch as often as you can and really pay attention! Theresa is always tweaking an re-evaluating the core moves!

I recently started doing HHMM and it was driving me CrAzY, Why mitten hands, why fold fingers.. why, why, why?????? I LOVE the details and it really motivates me to go to my max if I know why. Well you guessed it, I watched the Form Tips the other day and there is was, it literally made my day!!! Not to mention the great info on the basic stance, I think I have been slightly too wide and look forward to working out with the one mitten hand recommendation!

When time permits I will watch the tips before doing any workout over the next few weeks!
    NatashainRI

schildkn
    10-01-2013, 09:27 AM
    What great advice, Michelle. I'm printing it off to put in my new T-Tapp notebook! Martha
    Martha

Comment

I so needed to read this. I have not officially started my workouts. I watched the instructional vid #1 and did each as it went. But honestly got overwhelmed and just watched the end part. I think of doing the instructional video for a few days... it looks easy but is actually very technical. And so much to remember. But I'm determined to learn have a proper form. I'm thinking of contacting the t-tapp trainer that is in the near by city for her to evaluate my form. But that's later this summer, hopefully.

Comment

Working...
      X