Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To use a washcloth or small towel or not??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To use a washcloth or small towel or not??

Originally posted by Cheryl 07-14-2003, 05:34 PM

Well, I am sure that got your attention or at least made you curious. What I am talking about is - do you use a small towel or washcloth when you are doing the arm pumps at the end of PBS???

I know when I started learning the moves from our very flexible Teresa and watched her twist her arms behind her back - I knew I didn't need a towel because "I was flexible enough" and I didn't need to add this modification.
    Well, if you have never tried it, I highly recommend grabbing either a washcloth or small towel because I have been doing this ever since the May retreat in Florida and let me tell you what a difference it has made.

The towel allows me to straighten my arms completely and further engage my lat muscles and I can squeeze my shoulder blades tighter together. Also, it enables me to pump with a fuller range of motion thus helping my lymphatic system get more of those nasty toxins out of my body.

Final reason to try using a towel - IT JUST FEELS GOOD!!!

So grab a towel (it's not just for wiping all the sweat off your face!!) and go try PBS!!!
    Let me know whether you felt the difference!!

Cheryl
    T-Tapp Trainer in Training
    Cincinnati OH/Northern KY area

SusanDe
    07-14-2003, 06:24 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion, Cheryl. I can't seem to get my arms straight with my palms touching. I'll try your suggestion tomorrow to see how it works.

Thanks again!!

Susan

everaf

07-14-2003, 06:27 PM
    Okay Cheryl....I am going to try this RIGHT NOW...wait a minute...I'll let you know what I think....
    ... .... ..... .... .... ....

HOLY COW! SO THAT'S WHAT IT'S SUPPOSE TO FEEL LIKE! Not only can I FINALLY FEEL my lats...my whole chest area opened up...THANK YOU!...I keep watching T do this and I try but it has been a month now and I still can't get my arms straight...now I can!...should I still try the THUMBS DOWN?

yokidz
    07-15-2003, 01:57 AM
    yes, i also love this tip that teresa showed us at the dallas clinic in may!

Nancy

ajnolff
    07-15-2003, 10:28 AM
    LOVE that tip. Can't wait to try it!

Thanks-
    Amanda

SusanDe
    07-15-2003, 11:04 AM
    Hi everyone,

Well I tried the towel this morning and it worked great!! Thanks. What a difference it made. After 3 weeks of tapping, I've lost 6-3/4 inches overall.

Susan

JoDawn
    07-15-2003, 11:21 AM
    Good one!!

Jo

abzoeh
    07-15-2003, 11:49 AM
    Cheryl- Just saw your sig line. Congrats on taking the plunge! As Shannon would say, another TiT on board! Hee hee. Congratulations. You will be an excellent trainer.

Ally

PVH
    07-15-2003, 02:01 PM
    What an "eye-opener." Thanks so much for sharing the "towel" tip.

Pat

dixiechik3

07-15-2003, 05:15 PM
    I saw her do that on the end of the tape but hadn't tried it. I will try it tomorrow when I do the tape again...Thanks!

Janice

TNvic
    07-15-2003, 08:33 PM
    Janice, what tape does she show it on?

Thanks!

Sherry
    07-16-2003, 01:49 AM
    This is a great way to add flexibility in the arms and chest. Just a couple of pointers along the way to consider.

In the arm pumps, the palms are facing each other but not pressed together. Teresa will sometimes say, pretend you are holding a baby bunny in your hands. The tension should be in the arms -- think of squeezing the arms and pulling them to the center of the back, not by pulling your palms together.

Regardless, using a towel can be helpful. Whether I'm using my hands or a towel, I concentrate on pulling the elbows to the center and WOW, that is a real arm trimmer ... pec stretcher too.

Thumbs are always down ... towel or no towel.

The more advanced position involves pushing the thumbs IN toward the tush and then DOWN to the floor and ultimately OUT toward the back wall. I don't believe that is the question being asked in this thread so I'll leave it there for now.

To towel or not to towel ...... Well, it all works!

T-Tappin' best from Texas,
    Sherry, Houston Instructor

kshsmom
    07-16-2003, 09:48 AM
    Thank you so much for this tip! I couldn't hardly even get my arms straight -- no pumping was happening at all. The towel worked wonders!

Peggy

jrbronte
    07-16-2003, 10:35 AM
    What is this "towel tip"? How is the towel used?

Thanks!

Judy

chercher1
    07-16-2003, 10:43 AM
    WOW!!! Leave it to Sherry to take a great idea and make it even better!!!

I have really noticed how my whole chest and shoulders really open up and I can get a bigger range of motion on the arm pumps but I can't wait to try Sherry's tips.

Judy - the towel tips are for doing the arm pumps at the end of PBS. The washcloth or towel will give you a little extra room to straighten out your arms fully before doing the arm pumps.

Ally - thanks for the vote of confidence I am really excited about becoming a trainer in training and working my way to becoming a certified t-tapp trainer!!

Cheryl

split_rock
    07-16-2003, 11:53 AM
    Cheryl -

I just want to say BLESS YOU for sharing this towel tip. I read it yesterday, on my day off. This morning I popped in the tape, started the work out and when it got to this move - which I just can't do like Teresa - I'm sure my arms are shorter and I know I have way too much back fat and not a lot of flexibility...I stopped the tape, grabbed a hand towel and couldn't believe how much better the stretch was! Thank you! Thank you!

Carmen

chercher1
    07-16-2003, 02:26 PM
    Carmen -

You are welcome!! I am so glad you tried this tip. Who would have thought a little thing like a wash cloth could have such a big impact on your workout!!! I also like knowing that I am able to pump more of those toxins out of my body!

Cheryl

bikergoddess
    07-17-2003, 07:23 PM
    This is a great tip! I never have felt a benefit from the arm pumps, only frustration at the awkwardness of it! Going to go try it!

cari47
    07-19-2003, 09:41 PM
    Zowie!!! Tried this & its the first time in over a year of tapping that I could really feel my chest open up & could raise my arms higher for the arm pump. Definitely can tell a BIG difference so kudos for the great tip! 8D

Cari47

chercher1
    07-20-2003, 12:50 AM
    I really like this tip as well. I am so glad that it has helped so many of you.

Before I tried using the wash cloth, I wasn't getting hardly anything out of this move because my range of motion was so limited but now, I can raise my arms much higher, my chest is open and it feels so good knowing I am pumping more of the junk out of my body!!!

Cheryl

Comment

Working...
    X