Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turtle Tappers Unite - Introduce yourself

Originally posted by Cheryl Dodd 09-18-2008, 10:27 PM

Several ladies got together to discuss their slow progress with moving the tape measure but ever cognizant of other health improvements they are/were seeing.

These ladies decided that they wanted to create a new support group to encourage each other in their journey towards better health one small step at a time. Sometimes we have to keep putting one foot in front of the other, day after day, week after week for several weeks and then stop and look back in order to acknowledge how far we have come.

So whether you need encouragement, share a success, seek help, ask a question -- we are here for you and we want you to PUSH PLAY! You can DO it!!

I will be popping in when I can so anyone can start a new thread at any time. I am a firm believer in persistency and consistency so I will add my tidbits and thoughts as my time permits.

One foot in front of the other. Keep plugging along!

Mascots welcome even real pet turtles [][]

Cheryl Dodd, RN BSN
    T-Tapp Trainer, Maryland

faith458
    09-18-2008, 10:33 PM
    Thank you Cheryl. I just remembered that the turtle did eventually win/complete the race. We will get there turtles.

Laurie

MommyRose
    09-18-2008, 11:08 PM
    Woo hoo! Up and running! Thanks Cheryl for getting it started! Someone was bound to jump on it... We also appreciate your contributing!

Glad to hear the turtle won the race Laurie! That dream was too funny! [ ]

As a recap from the prior thread I will introduce myself.

I am 37, 5'8" and homeschool my 4 boys ages 3-9. I started tapping 2 years 5 months ago and have been consistent with a few vacation breaks and 1 month off due to physical issues. I started tapping at a size 18 and 199 pounds and am currently a size 14(+/-) and 205 pounds. I've been through A LOT of frustrating moments!!! [} ] I can completely understand the frustration people go thru when they read of someones quick success! It is difficult as you are happy for them but frustrated with yourself. This is when it helps to have cheerleaders around you!

What I've come to accept in the last 2.5 years is I've had a lot of internal healing to overcome. Some of us have more hurdles to jump over! I have discovered a wheat allergy along the way and recently a thyroid and egg allergy. One of the 'symptoms' that have dissappeared with addressing these problems is 5-10 pound overnight weight gains and extreme inch changes! [^] Although I've addressed many 'turtle hurdles' I do believe success will still come slowly and I must be consistent with my workouts.

Being consistent in workouts when you are a turtle tapper is difficult...so lets support each other! TURTLE TAPPERS UNITE!!! There is lots we can accomplish on our way to our inch or even "centimeter" loss! All losses or health benefits, no matter how small, ought to be celebrated.

~Rose

NeonJungle
    09-19-2008, 12:01 AM
    I just love the name "Turtle Tappers!" Makes me immediately think of "Slow and steady wins the race."

SarahD
    09-19-2008, 12:08 AM
    Yeah!!! I am going to tape our motto all over my house! "Slow and steady wins the race". Also another helpful one is taken from another of my favorite online mentors FlyLady.net, "Progress not Perfection". It took me a while to hear Teresa say "It's OK if you can't do all the reps. Just do what you can". Progress in *health* is what we're after, and if a nice body eventually comes with it then GREAT!

Hi there! I am 30, 5'4" with absolutly no waist(1")! Like MommyRose, I too have 4 kids aged 4-8. And I homeschool three of them. I am roughly the same size (14) as I was a year ago. But things are fitting a bit better. And I could actually SQUEEEEZ into a size 12 shorts this summer! Granted, I couldnt be seen in public[:I]; but they were buttoned and zipped!

I was diagnosed 3 years ago with Sevear Post Pardem Depression[xx(] [|)][V], and Hypothyriodism. Which I had been suffering from since my first child was born.Without knowing I had itI had three more babies on top of it, and made it worse.

I had been on natural hormone replacement therepy for about two years when I began T-tapp and the Blood Type Diet one year ago. I began to feel better instantly! Two weeks after doing the bootcamp, I had my thyriod levels tested. My Dr. took me off the hormone AND thyriod meds!! He said I was fine and didn't need to be on any of that stuff, and to go off of everything and see how I do. I was very scared to do so, because I didn't want to have a relaps. But here I am 1 year later and still doing fine. I did have one episode that has set me back some, as I mentioned earlier in another thred, but now I am ready to keep those thyriod and hormone levels where the belong!

I like feel what MommyRose said is true of me also: "I have a lot of internal healing to overcome". So true! I wonder....if Turtle Tappers all need to heal whats inside first in order for our bodies to respond with the results we all want? Hmm...

Anyway,.... Turtles?! Start your video/dvd players!!
    And just push PLAY ! TURTLE TAPPERS UNITE!!!

So Turtle Tappers.....

thaibezel
    09-19-2008, 01:08 AM
    Well this is kind of fun!

Thanks, Cheryl -- for starting the thread and lending your knowledge and insight. I think Carol will be showing up soon, too -- so we have great advisors!

For history's sake -- in the thread Cheryl referenced, Rose commented on her turtle pace which gave me a brainstorm -- then Paym contributed mascots -- and I started dreaming about it -- so that sort of cinched the whole Turtle Tapper idea! How exciting to see the response.

My story, in a nutshell.... I've been tapping for 3.5 years. I've been a steady size 12 for the last 2 years... is that right? I'm losing track! Which was up from a size 6 when I started... which was a size I had achieved through anorexic-type behavior. When adrenal fatigue forced me to stop the silliness, I gained weight. I move around in a range, from a tight 12 to a loose 12 and right now I'm about in the middle. But I've had to stop weighing and stop measuring because I couldn't handle the numbers, so other than my size, I have no idea how big I am. (Well, there's the mirror, but that's another story.) However, I do measure my height: 5'8" and my age: 46 -- though maybe I should give up tracking my age too! Perimenopause has a firm grip on me -- so in addition to whatever my other issues are, there's that too. I also have 4 kids but mine are a little older than Sarah and Rose's.

And yeah it's frustrating! And yeah it's hard to stay motivated! But I suppose I'm more motivated by what might happen if I stopped tapping -- and I'm motivated because t-tapp is about the smartest workout I've come across. It'll be so nice to have a place to whine and complain! [ ] Glad to see such a nice little group on board already.

Elizabeth

lorettal
    09-19-2008, 07:51 AM
    Hi Cheryl

Yes I will join the turtles!! Slow and steady. Well it did take 48ys to get into this state so I can't expect miracles (only hope - lol).

Loretta

mrsa1993
    09-19-2008, 09:02 AM
    I guess I am a turtle too. I have been tapping for almost 2 years and have not lost any sizes. I am a size 10. (I was a 8 or 6 most of my adult life). I am generally healthy - no other complaints in that sense. I was a runner for 16 years before I started tapping (and still gained a size even running 30-40 miles a week). I have recently started running again. I am a homeschooling mom to 2 boys. I work part time in a health food store and we eat mostly organic and NT.

Thanks for including me.

Ann Marie

catzrule
    09-19-2008, 09:21 AM
    Thanks Cheryl for starting the thread! I'm gonna join in too, cause I'm a slow loser and could use the encouragement.

I'm 42 years old with an almost 12yo son and have been tapping for a little over two years now. I was a size 12 in denial (I was squeezing my cooley into 10's with maximum spillage over the top) and now I am an 8. My goal is a size 6 and I've been where I am now for a year. I did take a couple of months last year around Christmas off. I just couldn't get motivated. I was lucky to get one workout in a week.

I also tended to overtrain, 3 full workouts a week, 2 shorter workouts AND a workout or walk every day at lunch. I've since scaled back and am working on finding my perfect balance.

Working on my eating too. One step at a time!

Cheryl

laurae
    09-19-2008, 09:52 AM
    I want to add my thanks to Cheryl for starting this thread and to everyone who has contributed. This is going to be a great thread and so helpful!

I am 62, with two grown girls and 5 (so far) grandchildren. I have had the tapes for a little over 1 year now, and have tapped diligently at times and at other times have sloughed off. I tend to be an all-or-nothing person and am fighting it! I have been a pretty healthy eater and am working on doing even better. I have no inch or weight loss so far (have actually had a small inch gain) but do feel much better when I tapp. That keeps me going!

One thing that I know I need to do better with is clarifying and keeping my goals in front of me--I'm sure that would help with motivation and not getting so discouraged.

Let's all just keep on keeping on! I'm looking forward to great things for all of us.

Laura

HarleyAngel
    09-19-2008, 10:13 AM
    I want to join too Cheryl! I just love T-Tapp. I started T-Tapping at the end of 2003. I went from size 18 down to size 10. (no dieting); I went through Breast Cancer treatments, chemo and radiation 2005 - 2006. I decreased exercising, but I steadily try to do BWO plus. I now am back into size 14 or tight size 12. I just need motivation to work at it. I know T-Tapp works.

I just turned 51 years old. I also feel like I have a lot of internal healing to do. I get too stressed out from my job and working with difficult people. I am too sensitive and suffer depression too. I also am on throid supplements since I had it removed in 1984. I also take Femara for the Breast Cancer. If it wasn't for T-Tapp and this web site, I don't know what I would have done.

Thanks for listening. I believe slower is better anyways!

Nancy

chercher1
    09-19-2008, 10:59 AM
    Welcome everyone!!! I am so excited that the Turtle theme has resonated with so many people and instead of being discouraged and frustrated and alone we can come here and be supported, loved and encouraged by other T-Tapp sisters!

Cheryl Dodd, RN BSN
    T-Tapp Trainer, Maryland

Hello Life
    09-19-2008, 11:10 AM
    I am glad the Turtle Tappers thread was started. Today is one of my workout days, but I don't feel like working, so I have playing on the computer. I keep telling myself, to get up and do it, you will still reap results. So, in the 15 minutes, I will get my butt in gear. [ ]

Have a good day ladies!

Ellie

Comment

MP1
      09-19-2008, 12:27 PM
      I'm in too. I have been posting a bit over the last couple of weeks about my slow/no loss, and wondered whether T-Tapp simply didn't work for some people.

I turned 50 in May, have been tapping for over two years with no measurable loss. A couple of weeks ago I took 10 days off from working out - which is unheard of for me. I have been working out for the last 28 years and have only taken breaks when I moved across the country and then back again. I am a LTL and a size 12 (in Canada, 10 in the US) and would like to get to a 10 in Canada. I'm 5'9.5" and don't really know what I weigh. I don't step on the scale or use the measuring tape. I'm also perimenopausal. I take alfalfa and B12 Plus. I was using PG Spray and loving it, but we can't get it in Canada any longer.

This thread is a great idea. It makes me feel as if I am not alone in this journey.

Mary

stetiff
      09-19-2008, 02:03 PM
      Me too!! Thank you for starting this thread. I've just turned 36 a week ago and my health is the reason I've started to T-tapp. I'm 5' 1/2" tall and weigh far too much (66.5kg). My recent blood tests came back with high blood sugar readings and I have polycystic ovary syndrome. Hayfever and sinus problems & ezcema.
      After consistently t-tapping for about 1 month, I've lost 3 cms from my waist and abdomen each and that's about it. My weight hasn't budged. I t-tapp weather or not I feel like it or I am tired as I need to get my blood sugar under control with one day a week off. My blood sugar is still stubbornly going up and down and all over the place - hormonal issues is also affecting this - looking forward to my Ladybug DVD arriving.
      I love t-tapp workouts and the high I get after it's done. I've noticed though that even without inch loss my body is transforming itself into a firmer and more streamlined version - how that works beats me
      I've always been big and I have no idea how much inch loss is possible but I am certain that things will eventually move. So here's to us turtle tappers!!

paymb26
      09-19-2008, 02:08 PM
      Turtles, Turtles, RAH RAH RAH
      Turtles, Turtles HAH HAH HAH
      Ummmm, I love Turtles!!!

Remember - Turtles are also chocolates!! So we are in great company!!

BIG Thanks to Elizabeth and Cheryl for getting this really up and running! And BIG thanks to all of us participants!
      And I'm in!
      I've just turned 52 - am a combo - not sure about LT or ST - if I ever find my ribs I'll let you know. Started in Aug 2006. Lost originally to about a size 12 (have one pair of pants and couple tops to prove it!) from a 1x+ and then had a physical problem - and back up to a 16-18. Yep, I know TTapp works, I have avoided knee surgery, but man, it takes me FOREVER to lose. Right now I'm in between 14-16-18 depending on the style/make, and am in confirmed perio. Found out I cannot do 6 days a week - not only was I tired - I GAINED. Sigh. EOD worked originally, but can't do that now. Could be I am also further into that "pause that refreshes".

It is soooooooooooo nice to know so many others are like me. I tried the BWO+ challenge - great health improvements, but nada on the inch loss really. I was starting to think I was the only one who had lots to lose but lost slowly. Hubby goes to gym and does weights, and thinks that's the only way, but humours me as he has seen previous results, and loves my new flexibility. Note that he usually has trouble KEEPING weight on - I have to pack Chocolate and Sugar in his lunches to keep him going. You can see his metabolism working as he eats. Can I cry now???

btw his fav chocolate is TURTLES!! So now I can be his fav too hehehehe. (yep, already am, but nice to say it again to him).

So, us Turtles ROCK!

Off my soap box now!

btw the Turtles were all out this morning at my bedroom door - must be they knew the thread had started - couldn't be 'cus they were hungry eh?

-Paym

nanburr
      09-19-2008, 02:14 PM
      Can I join, too? I want to get off thyroid meds like you did, SarahD! Another thing I'd like to see is less water retention. I can look like two different people at two different times of the day, regardless of what I eat or don't eat, salt intake, etc. I'm 52, started tapping VERY SLOWLY at the same time I started hormones and thyroid (Christmastime). I think it would be great to within one year eliminate some if not all the meds. And another size lost wouldn't bother me, either! It DOES go slowly for me, and I'm still figuring out what works best.

bursante

fruitvine
      09-19-2008, 02:30 PM
      *waving at turtles* Please, no tomatoes (lol!)....just wanted to pop in to say I love the theme of this group and to say that I've had plenty of platueaus and times of *no results* when I had to "keep putting one foot in front of the other, day after day, week after week for several weeks and then stop and look back in order to acknowledge how far I have come." I've got unrelenting cellulite, hanging belly fat (that is s-l-o-w to melt), and unattractive crepe-y skin above my inner elbows that I've worked and worked on. So I applaud your efforts and empathize with your frustrations!

I agree with Cheryl's belief in persistency and consistency. It works its magic in unseen ways sometimes. Just last night I read a statement that "folks need to know that losing large amounts of fat, to the point of being very lean, may take years, and there's no need to rush." So onward we go, my Turtle Tapper friends!

Charlotte

speshe
      09-19-2008, 03:20 PM
      Hey, what a great idea! Thanks for posting, it is such a booster to know there are so many turtles out there! I keep getting tempted to stop tapping because I don't see results. Plus it is too dang easy to decide I'm too tired or too busy to exercise.

Shelley

eshlemania
      09-19-2008, 08:43 PM
      Yep, yep, that's me. A turtle for sure.

I've been tapping about 1 1/2 yrs. Lost one size, from a squished into size 10 stretch, to a good fit size 8 stretch-maybe a little loose. But I look better. I feel better. Lost 15 3/8 inches the first year. I don't measure often. Too frustrating. And that tummy keeps teasing me that it will go . . .eventually.

I love t-tapp. Wouldn't give it up for anything. I feel so good when I'm done. And I have learned so much about how to help my body.

This is a great thread. Thanks for starting it.

Bev

faith458
      09-19-2008, 09:40 PM
      It's so nice to meet all you turtles. I'm 49, 5'2 3/4", with hypothyroidism. I'm pretty sure I'm a short torso. I don't tuck shirts in and I don't wear a belt. The tatas on the belt look isn't pretty! I have 3 children, two grown, one a senior in high school. I lost 25 pounds last year dieting, walking, and doing weights/resistance bands. I stopped after surgery when I couldn't lift for 10 weeks. It's too hard to start exercising during the cold, dark winter. I got down to a petite size 6 or 8. I started gaining weight back this spring. I found t-tapp at the end of June. As of now, I've gained 10 lbs back. I can button most of my 8 petites, but the muffin top isn't pretty. I've noticed some change in shape, but very little in inches.

Laurie

thaibezel
      09-20-2008, 12:31 AM
      Turtles are chocolates. hahaha. That's true. I almost forgot!

So today I'm sitting at work -- not at my desk -- but in a room I use only once in a while -- and I look up -- and there, hanging on the wall -- where I had never noticed it before -- a turtle picture! No kidding. A 1/2 dozen little turtles hatching from their eggs. Totally true. So now I *know* this was meant to be.

I am so enjoying everyone's "stories" -- don't you think it gives us a feeling of intimacy? We're bonding!

Elizabeth

countryrodes
      09-20-2008, 12:36 AM
      I am joining this group too! I just started 11 days ago, and didn't actually measure (didn't get a tape), but other than feeling muscles I didn't remember having, I don't feel/see too much difference. This may be because its too early and I am expecting miracles, but I have historically been a slow loser. So, just to keep my expectations realistic, and to provide some encouragement and support to others as they have already shown me, I am joining Turtles.

I am 31, 5'6.5" and 205 lbs. I am a size 18. O have an 18 mos old daughter whom I am still nursing (I gained weight since delivering her and am now over my pregnant weight which does not make me proud. I am having my thyroid checked in a week or so). I think I have actually gained weight since doing T-Tapp, which seems crazy to me. But we will see. No idea on inches as I said. I feel healthier, though. Not a big exerciser, so I am focusing primarily on BWO+ until I am comfortable with form, and my own consistency, before moving on to TWO.

So, here's to us. I like the "Progress not perfection" theme and the "slow and steady wins the race". It is hard when you work hard to want results RIGHT NOW, but, it took me awhile to get here, so it might to get healthy again. Good luck everyone!

Stacy

Comment

catzrule
        09-20-2008, 08:22 AM
        Welcome Stacy! Don't worry about the scale. As you build muscle, your weight may increase. Remember muscle takes up WAY less space than fat, so as the fat goes and the muscle increases, you may get heavier, but your bod gets smaller. 11 days is early to SEE a change, but it sure sounds like you are FEELING the change, which is a great thing. The size change will come. Most of us SLOW losers change shape, but the tape measure doesn't move much. That's ok. I'd rather have the same measurements, but a shaplier and fitter body.

/waves to Bev!

Elizabeth, that's too funny about the turtle picture. They're lurking everywhere! AAAAHHHHHH!

I did floor work at the gym at lunch yesterday (OIP/HF, AL, DD and crab claws) and did PBS and SATI last night. My tushie is so sore I would wake up when rolling over at night. Hurts so good. Be gone hip pads, be gone!

Cheryl

faith458
        09-20-2008, 01:14 PM
        Elizabeth, I haven't even thought about that. I have a poster of a cat on a turtle sitting right above my desk! I also have laminated strips of turtles that I use when I'm teaching children to slow down their speech. They truly are everywhere. I measured this morning after 2 days off. I actually gained in my waist and abdomen. Everything else is holding steady.

Laurie

MommyRose
        09-20-2008, 02:32 PM
        Hi Turtles! Welcome to all!

Laurie, I'm sorry for the gain. I have a small gain in those areas right now too...but, I also know I'm on top of my cycle. Could you have any influences like that?

I also again want to put out here again how allergies to food will make me gain considerably, and overnight, in my belly area. So, please if anyone finds they are yo yos then look at your diet! My problems so far have been wheat and eggs. I am still a slow loser BUT I'm not yo-yoing like I was and am able to maintain my small losses much easier. At least...so far! [|)]

Someone (sorry, don't remember who!) mentioned they had hopes of getting off of thyroid meds. I have to say...I've been tapping for 2.5 years and just went on them. I believe tapping can help us to regulate and stay low on thyroid meds but I don't beleive everyone will be able to eliminate them. Natural progesterone cream is also a helper with Thyroid. When my mom started using it she had to reduce the amount of meds she was taking to stay regulated.

I totally agree with Cheryl!! Although my losses are small and slow to come my body has done sooooo much reshaping!! [8D] It is a good thing and something to take pride in!

I am planning a workout today or tomorrow. I've gone easy on myself this last week...ok...kinda month. School is in full-swing and yesterday I canned peaches. Plus, our air in Sacramento has been bad and I'm reacting to that so I know not to push myself. Still getting in my 3 habit formers though!

Also want to add...my 3 yo LOVES turtles!! My lot in life is not accidental! [} ]

~Rose

faith458
        09-20-2008, 09:55 PM
        It could be hormonal. I'm all messed up at the moment. I just ordered the vitamins and herbal supplements from women to women today. It was recommended by ANonnyMouse on the no loser thread. I'm hoping those help.

Laurie

gretchikin
        09-21-2008, 01:10 AM
        I had to open this to see what in the world a Turtle Tapper was. And aHA! Makes so much sense! I'm a moderately slow loser.. well.. maybe. I'm a loser in the sense that I don't PUSH PLAY as often as I should and get gung ho and then lose my steam after a couple weeks or months and then get gung ho again... *sigh*

I KNOW T-Tapp works. Slow and steady is great!

Just had to add in that every time I think of turtles I think of this kid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMNry4PE93Y lol! (17 seconds long)

Yay Turtle Tappers!!

Greta

lauren
        09-21-2008, 01:26 PM
        Hey Turtle Tappers!

Teresa decided to offer you a Sunday Special (today only)....you can get 35% discount of ANY product you wish plus, regardless of the total of your order, she's going to give you one of our NEW BLACK "go green" tote bags that has the logo on both sides (really cute)

So Happy Sunday!

Have a great day!

**lauren**
        T-Tapp Staffer/ T-Tapper

paymb26
        09-21-2008, 09:14 PM
        Lauren, that is sooooo nice of Teresa and all you guys at the office! Unfortunately, there is nothing I need at the moment - I went nuts with the last few discounts hehehehehe.

So. other Turtles - did anyone read the post(s)?? Hope you were able to take advantage of this generous offer.

-Paym

eshlemania
        09-21-2008, 11:11 PM
        Nope, I'm like you. All tapped out. [} ][ ]

The next thing I want is BWO+ Super Slow!! But that's not out yet.

But that is so sweet of Teresa to offer. She makes it easy to get WOs with all her specials. [8D]

Bev

MommyRose
        09-21-2008, 11:43 PM
        Yep, ditto you two. I'm just waiting for basic super slow!

~Rose

Mac7
        09-22-2008, 12:05 AM
        Well, I am late as usual, but is it possible to still join you[?]
        Sounds like just what I need. I have been tapping for quite a while though not real consistent, but I see little results and it gets so discouraging. Read someone's post and they said how discouraged they were to read the inch loss of others, so happy for what they have accomplished, but I quit reading the testimonials for that reason. Encouragement and any help will be greatly appreciated.

Maggie

paymb26
        09-22-2008, 12:33 AM
        Welcome Maggie!! Encouragement later - just heading off to bed right now. - Paym

catzrule
        09-22-2008, 08:43 AM
        Oh dang! That'll teach me not to log on every day. *pout

Cheryl

thaibezel
        09-22-2008, 11:27 AM
        I missed the discount too. Oh well. On the other hand, we've been officially recognized! I think that's kind of cool.

Welcome Maggie -- anyone's welcome anytime! I understand the discouragement, I feel it too. How long have you been tapping?

Speaking of success -- Lauren, you go girl. I remember when you posted about getting started again. But I'm curious about your regimen.... BWO+ sporadically? Hmmmmm. Thinking we should have a "Sporadic Challenge." keeheehee.

Elizabeth

speshe
        09-22-2008, 11:29 AM
        Laurie - I've been taking supplements from Women to Women for about a year now. They have helped me tremendously with night sweats. The people who work the customer service line are always very friendly and supportive. I highly recommend taking them on a regular basis!

Lauren - Thanks for posting the discount yesterday, and thanks to Teresa too! Of course, I missed it since I never even got on the computer yesterday, but I hope others were able to take advantage of Teresa's generosity!

Go Turtles! Remember, slow and steady wins the race!

Shelley

MP1
        09-22-2008, 12:37 PM
        I got in on the discount. Thanks Teresa. When Michelle answered, I identified myself as a "turtle", before giving my name. It is nice to have our gang "officially" recognized.

Mary

Comment

Mac7
          09-22-2008, 01:13 PM
          Well, Good Morning[:I][:I],
          I did OIP/HF, Elevators and the "More" tape up to the broom section then forwarded it to the walking segment. I injured my neck working as a NA and the nerves were damaged and for some reason doing the broom hits that nerve and tightens my neck giving me a horrendous headache that takes days to get rid of. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Elizabeth, I am so embarassed to say I have been tapping since 2002.

Have a great day all, and thanks for letting me join.

Maggie

paymb26
          09-22-2008, 06:57 PM
          Maggie - whad'ya mean - embarrassed! TTapping since 2002 is a cause for celebration!!! GOOD FOR YOU!!! You are a true tapper - and you obviously have not given up!! GO TURTLE GO!!

As for headaches - I know after a live session with SueF she showed me how to properly hold my head - and not only have my migraines decreased, when I do get one, it really helps by just holding my head properly. So, with broom, for me she said for now I cannot get the broom behind my head with my arms (sigh, short arms, arthritis, etc.) and that it was more important to keep my head/shoulder aligned than move my arms behind - my broom kinda rested on my head. So perhaps with Broom you have a similar problem - out of alignment in trying to do the movement??

-Paym

HarleyAngel
          09-22-2008, 07:33 PM
          Hi Everyone!
          Paym - do you live in NY? I have been wanting to go to a class with Sue F. No luck so far.
          I haven't done any T-Tapp in 3 days. I will try to do Basic plus tonite!
          Good luck everybody!
          Nancy

faith458
          09-22-2008, 09:43 PM
          Maggie, welcome to the turtles. Teresa, thank you so much for the discount.

Laurie

kml
          09-22-2008, 10:04 PM
          Hi All --

I'm a turtle, too!!! And a longtime T-Tapper. Unfortunately, even though I've done T-Tapp since 2002, it's been off-and-on, with too much of the time off. But I started back this past spring -- stopped for just a little while -- and plunged back in earnest during the summer. I had the good fortune to attend one of Kirsten's workshops, and I've joined Habit Formers, which is a tremendous help!

Even though I've never seen dramatic inch-loss from T-Tapp, I can feel a huge difference in body awareness and general fitness. My life has been pretty stressful for years -- work stuff mostly -- which I think has had an effect. And then there are always the poor eating habits, even though I know better. And I'm sure I just haven't been consistent enough for long enough.

BTW, I'll be 60 in about three weeks. I'm 5'8" -- or at least I used to be. Need to measure to make sure it's still good. Weight is what I lie about on my driver's license, so I won't go there -- but I don't mind saying that most of my clothes are a size 12. From the best I can tell, I'm a combo type with a fairly short torso, which in itself promotes slower loss of inches.

I'm looking forward to getting to know y'all and contributing to this thread!

Yay turtles!

Krista

eshlemania
          09-23-2008, 09:34 AM
          Welcome, Krista, Maggie and everyone else.

We are getting quite a thread here. Cool! [8D] I too am very pleased with the way t-tapp makes me feel. I love it. It's great to have a small community.

Hugs to all,
          Bev

vpsaccsw
          09-23-2008, 12:30 PM
          When I first started T-Tapp everything seemed to change so quickly but in the last year although there has been small progress it has been very slow and seems to be up and down so I think I fall into the Turtle Tapper category as well. It helps when you just 'know' that Ttapp is good for you whether you can see it or not. I've done T-tapp YOU with Michelle and that was a great boost to enhancing consistency of workouts and I hope that going to Safety Harbor will give me some form information and tweaks that may boost my Turtle pace a little bit. Thanks for starting this thread; it helps to know that there are tappers who keep at it even though they aren't seeing dramatic changes.

Sondra
          Mississauga, ON

kml

09-23-2008, 01:55 PM
          Thanks very much for the welcoming me to this group!

Here are a couple of unrelated things about T-Tapp that I'd like to share...

Now that I've accumulated a variety of T-Tapp DVDs and workouts, I've noticed how well they reinforce each other. Not that I've got a specific example at my fingertips right now, unfortunately! In a general way, what I mean is that a statement or cue from one workout can help clarify something that I've learned from one of the others. Has anyone else experienced this?

And the other thing... I took a slight spill yesterday evening as I was leaving work. It could have been really bad because I was in the parking deck, which is concrete. I caught my heel on a step and went right down -- fortunately there weren't several steps, just the one, so I didn't have far to tumble.

The good thing is that as soon as I felt myself start to fall, I just let my body curl a bit, so I more or less rolled onto my back. Not pretty -- embarrassing if someone else had seen -- but no harm done. I've got a background in dance, figure skating, and karate, all of which include learning how to fall. But it's been years since I've done any of those, and I now spend most of my time as a desk jockey. What is keeping me tuned up these days is T-Tapp. So, yay!!! Many thanks to Teresa for teaching us neuro-kinetic flow!!!

Krista

catzrule
          09-23-2008, 05:00 PM
          Krista, I had the same thing happen to me at work (except it was like 8 stairs and I caught myself at the top). I was amazed I was able to recover and I thank t-tapp for that!

Cheryl

Mac7
          09-23-2008, 07:07 PM
          Krista, sorry about your fall, but glad you didn't injure yourself.
          Thanks to all for the welcome.

This a.m. I did "More" tape 2 and the Rice Krispies guys don't have a thing on me with their snap, crackle, pops. Whenever I am in the plie(sp[?]) position my knees grind away until I get out of that position. Who said the golden years were fun? Oh well, I am so glad that I can workout.
          Have a good one,

Maggie

eshlemania
          09-24-2008, 12:01 AM
          Krista,
          One of the main things I look for in new dvds, are the different tips Teresa gives, the different perspectives and the chance thing she may say that triggers a major AHA! for me. It always happens. I always find something that clears up a question or shows up something I was doing wrong. They all build on one another. It's great.

Bev

speshe
          09-24-2008, 10:44 AM
          Morning! I found an cool little link this morning that helps you figure out just how much water you should be drinking.

http://nutrition.about.com/library/b...calculator.htm

I don't know how accurate it is, but it told me to drink 2.9 liters of water today! YIKES! Drinking that much isn't a problem for me because I am always thirsty due to taking a diuretic, it is the multiple trips to the restroom that get me! I do take advantage of it though, and do the "TTapp walk" there and back.

I finally started working out again yesterday, with Instructional #1 and OIP/HF. I'm feeling some soreness this morning, but not too much.

Shelley

Comment

paymb26
            09-24-2008, 01:34 PM
            quote:Originally posted by HarleyAngel

Hi Everyone!
            Paym - do you live in NY? I have been wanting to go to a class with Sue F. No luck so far.
            I haven't done any T-Tapp in 3 days. I will try to do Basic plus tonite!
            Good luck everybody!
            Nancy
            Nancy
            HI Nancy - nope, I'm up here in Canuck land! Ontario specifically. SueF came to London ON for a session. I don't know if Sue holds regular classes, but she does do sessions. Give her a call or email and find out when her next one is.
            -Paym

Mac7
            09-24-2008, 08:17 PM
            I did OIP/HF, Elevators and a 2 mile walk

Maggie

kml
            09-24-2008, 11:19 PM
            Maggie, what are Elevators? I must not have that workout.

I did BWO+ Tempo this morning and took my dog for about a one-mile walk this evening. When walking, I tried to do it with a tucked butt, lifted ribs, shoulders held back, and weight off the big toe. Even though I wasn't going at a particularly fast pace, I really felt the workout!

Krista

eshlemania
            09-25-2008, 09:12 AM
            Right now I am doing BWO+ from the book with LB tweaks, slow and hard. Man, it works me good. I sweat tons and can see a diff in my hip pads. It's funny. I still wear the same clothes as I did when I started t-tapp (the 10's are too loose, but the stretch 8's still work) , but I can feel the inch loss on my hips and see it in my legs. My tummy is what is preventing another size loss. Been working on that tummy from the beginning. Guess it's the last to go.

Have a great day,
            Bev

catzrule
            09-25-2008, 09:18 AM
            No workout for me last night, got home after 8pm. Tonight will be more of the same. This week is a tough one. I didn't even get to the gym yesterday at lunch like I normally do. This is a turtle week, for sure. I can't wait until this craziness is over.

Cheryl

nanburr
            09-25-2008, 12:59 PM
            Last night I listened to Lani's teleconference. She spends time talking about how the reason we are the way we are (and not changing) is in large part because we need to be INCONSISTENT with our consistency! We don't change because we are consistent about something. If I am consistently finding something else to do two out of three times a week instead of my planned exercise, then I haven't changed my patterns and therefore my body won't change, either. We have to actually change something in the pattern. Instead, we realize we failed at something, feel guilty because we "failed" to do something we intended to do, and then feel guilty also because we haven't had success. OF COURSE we haven't had success. It's because we haven't changed the status quo. We only THINK we have because we had intentionally made real plans. Plans are one thing, BUT IF THE PLANS DIDN'T TAKE PLACE, the result is: no change. Lani, I hope I haven't credited you with words that aren't quite right, but this is what I got out of the teleconference, and I think it'll be a real help to me. Motivation is not the same as moving. I don't always realize that this is what is happening.

This is not to say there's no such thing as slow losers, of which I am certainly one, but I know I can find being a slow loser a convenient reason to remain the way I am, when in fact I may have only t-tapped once this week instead of three. I certainly mean to do at least three. But - sometimes by the end of the week IT HASN'T HAPPENED. See what I mean?

bursante

KCTapper
            09-25-2008, 02:25 PM
            I'm going to jump in here as well! I read the forum alot but have not been posting. I'm 42 years old and have been Tapping for years but keep getting into an on and off cycle because my work and kids keep me so crazy busy during the school year. I'm a slow loser and when times get busy I tend to get frustrasted with my progress and give up. Then when bathing suit season comes around I panic and work-out like crazy in the summer months. I have started this new school year with determinination NOT TO QUIT AGAIN! This thread comes a great time as I am determined to embrace an idea for myself that my work is pushing....Continuous Improvement. I know now that if I keep working at it I do get results and that is very evident in what happens to my body once I stop. I also need to be realistic about my overall capability, so when life gets busy I only expect to do BWO+ because otherwise I tend to get too exhausted. When things slow down I go back to doing full workouts. I've also realized that I tend to have a hefty appetite and severly restricting calories leads to frequent binging and it's better if I focus on heathly eating and allow the occassional treat. My goal now is to develop a long-term strategy for eating and exercise that I can sustain for the rest of my life instead of looking for the quick fix.

I'm a size 12 now, but they are starting to get loose after almost 4 months of steady tapping and I hope to eventually reach a size 8 which is where I have spent most of my adult life. It's very frustrating when the 12's fit loose and the 10's are still a little too snug!

I'm looking forward to encouragement and support for the Turtle Tappers!

Kris

Mac7
            09-25-2008, 11:54 PM
            Hi Kris,
            Welcome, I hear you in the inconsistency and I really don't have a good excuse. We are retired and have a little more time then someone with a family and the busy times, but still our lives get crazy busy too. I am up earlier then my husband so I need to get down there and get a workout in before the busyness of the day sets in,but so many times I don't.
            Glad you have joined us, we are here to encourage each other.
            you can do it.[8D][8D]
            Forgot to add I did Hd's and advanced HD's and climbed many stairs as I cleaned our church.

Maggie

thaibezel
            09-26-2008, 02:18 AM
            bursante -- I think I understand -- you can't be consistently inconsistent and expect results. Is that right? But doesn't that seem obvious? I dunno -- consistency isn't so hard. What's hard for me is how long do I have to be consistent? I've been consistent! I'm actually getting to the point where I'm even having to let my consistency go -- and just do what I can do when I can do it. I think consistency sets up the expectation that I should be rewarded for it and when the reward doesn't come, I get frustrated. I'm to the point where I don't want to mess with it anymore. So I'm giving up the expectation of a reward -- and somehow -- I'm not so obsessed with how many times a week I workout anymore either. Maybe I will do that "sporadic challenge" -- and give myself a mental break from the worry and irritation. Does that sound harsh?

It also occurs to me that Teresa says that after you reach your goal, you can maintain with 2 workouts/week. So does that mean I won't be any worse off if I'm consistent about twice a week? hmm.....

Hey Kris -- it's so cool that your virgin post is to turtle tappers! Don't stop now! How long have you been a tapper?

Elizabeth

catzrule
            09-26-2008, 09:27 AM
            Elizabeth, I'm with you. I've been consistent and little or no results sometimes. I think the problem then is either overtraining (you work out so much, your body doesn't time to rebuild and recover and it holds on to everything for all it's worth) OR you are doing workouts that aren't challenging you enough or not having enough variety.

Me, I was doing only the ladybug workouts and then when I slowed down a bit and added SATI and more floor work(HTF), my lower thighs started shrinking. It's all about balance and what works for our bodies. We have to experiment until we find the magic combination for US.

/still experimenting

Cheryl

spaciechick1
            09-26-2008, 10:55 AM
            Ya but look at her pics. She looks fabulous!

Kim

nanburr
            09-26-2008, 12:19 PM
            I hope you don't all think I was accusing everybody of not trying. That's not the point I was making. Lani's point was that consistency reaps a certain result, and I should be watching to make sure I'm not being consistent at cheating myself out of a workout I needed. You know, being too busy on a regular basis.

I agree with the idea that doing too much of the same thing (and "too much" is very individual) can result in not moving ahead. Cheryl, I found the same thing with mixing in walking with SATI principles - my legs improve overnight! This is working better for me than repeating the same workout on consecutive days for too long a stretch. The scale is going down a bit - at last! It sure is slow, but in the right direction. I'm thankful to have learned these ideas from many of you out there. "Less is more" but I have to be convinced, I guess!

bursante

ebonykawai
            09-26-2008, 01:06 PM
            I'm wondering if using a heart rate monitor might improve results. You know, just to make sure your heart rate is up to where it should be for your workout. I started seeing much better results once I started using one. I don't need it much anymore because I've learned what it feels like to be at my optimum rate, but at first it was pretty eye opening.

Comment

thaibezel
              09-26-2008, 01:19 PM
              bursante -- I knew you weren't making accusations -- no worries there -- However, I *am* sensitive to the idea that my lack of results is because I should be doing more -- and I'm quick to admit that *I* accuse myself of that more than anyone else. It's just that I'm still paying for doing too much in the form of adrenal fatigue. I'm healing - but very very slowly. When I started t-tapp in 2005, I was gaining weight (looking back, I see that my weight gain was simply healing from a year of serious undereating, but I didn't understand that then) -- and my answer to the gain was working out. But I kept gaining, so I kept increasing my workouts. That was a prescription for burnout, and burnout I did -- and gained even *more* weight. Now my body won't let me do too much because my symptoms quickly return when I do. It's taking so much time to heal, I don't want to risk undoing the healing by overdoing the workouts!

Cheryl and bursante -- I like what's emerging from this conversation --> consistent workouts, consistent rest, consistent variety -- all in proper balance. Would you say? Though consistency isn't a problem for me, I think variety might be. I tend to settle into one workout which I do and do and do until boredom and lack of results send me looking for another routine. I'm about ready for another switch-up and I'm thinking that this time I should aim for variety. Maybe one B/R per week, then 2 to 3 short ones, mixing those up between BWO+ and floor workouts?

Elizabeth

KCTapper
              09-26-2008, 02:00 PM
              I tend to stick with the Beginner Rehab because it always gets harder as I am able to further my max. But I will switch between the total work-out, going just until the runners stretch or BWO+. I've been Tapping for several years but no consistency like I had mentioned above. For me it is very important to work with a trainer whenever possible because my body always tries to take the path of least resistence. I'm looking forward to working with Kirsten when she comes to Columbus in October. I take every opportunity to work with as many trainers as I can. Eventhough my results are slow, I know I am getting results because when I stop tapping I increase in weight and inches quickly and it's not a pretty sight[:I]

Kris

catzrule
              09-26-2008, 03:41 PM
              Elizabeth, that sounds right to me. I try to not do the same workout twice in a week.

Cheryl

nanburr
              09-26-2008, 05:46 PM
              Kris, I'm like you about Big/Rehab and BWO+ in that I have more time during the workout to do more work, going farther in my max. I'm not yet good enough at this to keep up with the other workouts while pushing to a new max! I'm kinda klutzy!

Elizabeth, I guess adrenal fatigue certainly would play a huge part in all this. What kinds of things help you with it? My doctor hinted around about my style of sleep pattern "maybe indicating a little adrenal fatigue", but he isn't addressing it directly. I can tell that sleep has a huge impact on hunger, energy, cravings, weight and water retention - all depending on my sleep. I've always known about B-complex. It sounds as if you have been battling this for awhile. Any suggestions?

Nancy

faith458
              09-26-2008, 07:25 PM
              Elizabeth, I can totally relate. I've been working out 5 days/week consistently for 3 months with little results. Like Cheryl I do a variety. Right now, I'm doing Ladybug one day, Arms another, and Tempo 2 another. On the short workout days, I'll do SATI, Basic Plus Tempo, or the supertorso trimmer (OIP, awesome legs, diva derriere, and pretzel twist). I've also added don't flop em and freight elevators sometimes. I need the variety and I like that the focus is a little different. Now that summer is over and I'm back at work, I'm working out when I get home. I am so NOT a morning person. I often don't finish working out until after 6. I'd just like to see some inch loss and some reward for keeping up the program. I'm hoping that watching my calories more closely will help. It really helps that you all are there supporting me and each other.

Laurie

chercher1
              09-26-2008, 07:33 PM
              getting ready to start a new thread with a commitment for next week. Give me a couple minutes to post it. .. stay tuned!!!!

Cheryl Dodd, RN BSN

Nelie
              10-24-2008, 11:39 PM
              Hi! I found this thread tonight because I, too, am struggling...funny I feel like I am at an AA meeting but for slow losers! I have been tapping since July of 2007 and lost I think about 20 inches or so in the first few months but nothing since then. I was a 12-14 but am now a mostly size 12 and sometimes a 10. I definitely feel great and would never stop, but am wondering why things seem to be going backwards with the scale, etc. I am almost 51 and advancing up the menopause track so I figure it has to do with that.

I try hard to just be thankful I have a way to keep things from getting out of hand and away from me...that would be very depressing! I know I have problems with gluten or wheat because it gives me heartburn, so I stay away from it %95 of the time. A year ago when I went away from grains it really helped but now I seem to gain even though I am eating the same as I was a year ago. If anybody has any ideas on this, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Oh, and I have 2 grown children, one in heaven, and 2 DD ages 11 and 12 whom I homeschool. Did I cover it all! I am grateful for this thread also! An answer to prayer for me!

Take care all and keep tapping,
              Nancy

faith458
              10-24-2008, 11:48 PM
              Welcome Nancy. I was thinking tonight we should probably update our goals. We did have a thread going where we were making weekly goals.

Laurie

laurae
              10-25-2008, 01:43 PM
              Yes, Nancy--welcome! There is good support in this thread. I agree, we do need to update goals and keep posting. I wonder if maybe we aren't posting more because of not wanting to be negative.

Once I can breathe normally again after my workout[xx(], I feel so much better for having done it! It would be nice to be able to see some inch loss though--but, hopefully, that will come!
              Laura

Nelie
              10-25-2008, 05:54 PM
              I think I have figured out a few things after contemplating how things have maybe changed for me since I started over a year ago. I have not been walking or doing much other exercise outside of ttapp for the last 6 months or so and I have been mostly doing Ladybug BWO or the BWO+. I am doing to much of the same thing! ah-ha![:0] I did Instr. #2 today after walking around my neighborhood and I realized that I had almost forgotten how to do some things...I definitely was bobbling more!

I know that some of you have mentioned that you dont do the same workout twice in one week. I think I will try to do that. So...since someone mentioned restating goals, I guess that is mine...to get more variety in my workout and walk more to burn some calories and stretch my legs a bit. And get some fresh air since it has cooled down finally here in south Texas. [ ]

Take care all,
              Nancy

gitawaysticks
              10-27-2008, 07:43 PM
              Am I too late to join in? When I read this thread, I felt like I found a home Even though I've only been tapping about 5 weeks, I'm feeling discouraged. I have gained two sizes in the last 8 months and the only things that fit anymore are those darned "stretchy pants" I initially lost a couple of inches and gained half of those back already. I know it's thyroid/hormonal/newbie related and hopefully I'll get over the hump, but in the meantime what a great thread to encourage all of us. I have an appt tomorrow with a new doctor, so hopefully he will shed some light on this a get me going in the right direction and then tapping will take care of the rest. Crossing my fingers Go Turtles!!

Jackie

paymb26
              10-27-2008, 08:10 PM
              Welcome aboard, Jackie! As a Turtle, it is NEVER too late - REMEMBER???
              -Paym

Comment

Working...
              X