Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turtle Tappers: it is a new week!

Originally posted by Cheryl Dodd 10-12-2008, 11:38 PM

Hey Turtle tappers! If you are anything like me, it has been a crazy, busy week and I haven*t had time to post like I wanted. If you posted a question to me and I missed it, please post it again on the new thread or email me personally. It is easy to miss a question within all the posts!

I had a different plan/goal in mind for this week but I decided to save it for another week. I am sure that many of you have been watching the news and everything going on with the economy right now and many of you may be like most Americans and you are STRESSED about the economy, bills, money, etc. and it is okay (to be stresed or worried about this).

It seems that when we are stressed the first thing as women we take off of our TO DO list is taking care of ourselves which includes eating properly and/or exercise. You see, hormones play a big number on us when we are stressed and they can lead us down the *dark path* of bad food choices, that gallon of ice cream, half a pan of brownies - you get the picture. No, I do NOT believe that the Ben & Jerry*s ice cream landed in your shopping cart and you have no idea how it got there!!! []

This is the time you have to be more diligent in doing good things for yourself - brushing, alfalfa, lots of water, good nourishing foods, and EXERCISE!!! Do not underestimate the power this will have on your mood.

Take 15 minutes for yourself - paint your toenails, soak your feet, take a salt bath, get a massage! You name it.

Rely on your friends. Even if you do not want to share your financial concerns it is still good to share with friends both in person and virtually.

Now, on to the goal for the week - - SNEAK in t-tapp principles as you go about your day.

**walk using T-Tapp techniques - lengthen out your stride, straighten that leg, squeeze those butt cheeks!
    **try to catch yourself with poor posture and correct it! You will AMAZED at how many times you have to re-set your posture from bad to BETTER!
    **Stand in KLT
    **Practice one-legged KLT (as if you were going to do TTN) put all the weight on one leg and then get into t-tapp stance
    ** practice stretching your rib to hip
    **go up the stairs using t-tapp technique - -WOW lots harder!

It is okay if you do not want to do this week*s goal - -either way post and let us know how you are doing. We will be happy to provide the kick in the pants or the pat on the shoulder - -which ever you need!!! []

Turtle on!!!

Cheryl Dodd, RN BSN
    T-Tapp Trainer, Maryland

laurae
    10-13-2008, 12:36 AM
    Yes, this past week has been quite busy for me too--I worked more than usual, and unexpectedly have had my 2 year old granddaughter staying with us for 3 days--she is enough to upset any and all plans! So, I have not met my goals for this past week. I will pick up where I left off and hopefully get in some good tapping this week. I like the idea of sneaking t-tapp in throughout the day and will work on that more.

Thanks Cheryl, for the encouragement and helping us set goals. Hopefully this coming week will slow down a little for you!

Laura

nanburr
    10-13-2008, 01:06 AM
    Well, the last two days, I have not been quite as successful. I am noticing a pattern here. Saturday, Sunday, and Monday are very difficult for me to get any T-Tapping in, except for sneaking off for an occasional hoe down and TTN (I did do those, and a couple of PBS, but totally forgot about OIP/HF last night!) I am wondering, do you think you can get results if you miss three or four days in a row, if you are doing one or two full workouts and smaller things the rest of the week? It's because I have more than two days in a row off that I am wondering if I am going to get anywhere. It's really hard on those three days. Unfortunately, they are strung together. It's hard to tell if I'm progressing, because measuring is so crazy. I can be a completely different size morning and evening; also depending on the day of the week/month. So, it's a bit difficult to monitor progress that way. Can anybody speak to this?

Nancy

MP1
    10-13-2008, 10:07 AM
    Hi Turtles,

It's Thanksgiving Monday in Canada today. I have been sick with a really bad cold since Friday. The weather has been gorgeous. I am sure that this is the last nice, warm weekend we will be having for the next six months and I am missing it. Sorry for whining.

It sounds as if we have had a bit of a rough week. I missed my WO on Wednesday because I had to to to Toronto for a trade show. Friday is when I became ill, so no WO on Friday, Saturday, Sunday or today. I feel gross. Hopefully I will be feeling better by tomorrow so that I can get back on track.

I read a post earlier about seeing results doing BWO+ and Teresa responded. I will be following her suggestion of a four week BC using BWO+, OIP, HF and HDs. That is pretty much what I currently do, but she suggested a slightly different set up for the first two weeks than what I am doing. I am also going to add in some T-Tapp Core moves throughout the day. I have the DVD, but haven't looked at it yet.

Thanks Cheryl for this weeks suggestions.

Mary

thaibezel
    10-13-2008, 12:20 PM
    Thanks for keeping us going, Cheryl -- truly -- and I hope I wasn't a wet blanket with my "i donwanna" whine last week! You are right about feeling the stress -- we all are -- and your advice to take remember to take good care of ourselves first is spot on.

For this week, I will continue to look for variety. As for "sneak-ins" -- I have been doing the posture corrections throughout the day for many moons now and can attest to how often I still find myself waaay out of alignment, though I'm happy to say that it's getting ever-so-slowly better. I hadn't thought to try one-legged klt's and I'm going to add that as another goal for this week.

Elizabeth

eshlemania
    10-13-2008, 05:01 PM
    Yea!! I can do the sneak ins. I was driving out to our house this morning and DH was telling me that I should be paying attention to the road when I drive, not doing t-tapp. All the while, I was tucking, belly button to spine and getting those shoulders back. [ ] He couldn't even tell. Sometimes when I do that, I am breathing in and blowing out, which he can always tell then.

I sneak in t-tapp throughout the day. When I've been cleaning, all of a sudden when walking, I will get those shoulders in position and feel better and brighter and lighter almost immediately. The one I want to concentrate on this week is getting those ribs and tatas up where they belong. along with the rest of the stuff.

Have a great day,
    Bev

faith458
    10-13-2008, 09:06 PM
    I will continue trying to sneak in t-tapp too. I'm also going to continue to work on bending my knees more and no big toe. I really concentrated on activating lats when I went to the outlets today to help stimulate the economy. I figured it would be quiet there, but apparently there were lots of people helping to boost the economy. I actually had trouble getting down some sidewalks.

Laurie

kml
    10-13-2008, 11:29 PM
    Hi All --

I'll try to sneak in some moves this week. In fact, as soon as I read Cheryl's suggestion about posture, I immediatly straightened my spine.

This morning for a change I did More My Home to Yours. It's a rare treat because it's a few minutes longer than my usual workouts -- BWO+, BWO+ Tempo, and the regular MORE. Anyway, I love this one and look forward to doing it more often this winter, since I won't be going into an office every day.

Have a great week, y'all.

Krista

HarleyAngel
    10-14-2008, 11:35 AM
    Last week, I slowed down also in my exercises. I have been good about not drinking coke though. I had my yearly mammogram check on friday and it was Negative. I am now a 3 year cancer survivor. I celebrated this weekend by doing T-Tapp exercises...TTN,Balance, Lunges, half frogs, and Diva Derriers. I am back this week doing BWO plus when I get up. I will try core exercises after work as well as sneak in moves during the day. Thanks Cheryl for all your suggestions. T-Tapp makes me feel so good!!

Nancy

catzrule
    10-14-2008, 11:47 AM
    I'm sneaking it in too. I've been MIA because my dad has been in the hospital and I have NO time to myself. We just moved offices at work and I finally have a handicapped stall to sneak my t-tapp in. Thank goodness for little things! (it's tough to explain my heavy breathing though when I come out of the ladies room)

Cheryl

faith458
    10-14-2008, 09:10 PM
    Cheryl I'm sorry about your dad. I hope he is getting better. You did have me laughing about the heavy breathing coming out of the bathroom. BTW, my daughter has decided to move out of New Haven. There were several robberies and then a murder down the street from her apartment. Apparently, Wallingford isn't so boring anymore!!

Well Cheryl, I was so proud of myself. I've been trying to keep my lats engaged, shoulders back, butt tucked when I walk through the halls at work. I don't do real well maintaining during lunch duty though! I think it's because I'm just trying to survive the 1/2 hour. [B)] Well, I'm driving home today when it dawned on me, I never remember to keep my big toe up when I walk. I try to do it on the treadmill, but I never think about it when I walk at work or around the house. So, thank you again Cheryl, you are taking my experience to a whole new level.

Laurie

nanburr
    10-14-2008, 11:58 PM
    Tamra, thanks for bumping all those great old threads yesterday. Many of the tips are hard for me to do, but so helpful. Today I got back to the full TWO rehab, and really tried to concentrate on pointing toe and flexing foot hard. (Those extra bits of education are motivating! I love learning why something works.) It felt SO GOOD to do some real tapping today. What do you all think? How much progress do you lose if you're off 3 - 4 days?

bursante

Comment

chercher1
      10-15-2008, 02:29 PM
      Well I am glad to hear that sneaking in t-tapp principles is working for you all this week. Personally, a few years ago -- this practicing outside of my workout really helped me to not only improve my posture but helped me to find my lats on a more regular basis!!!! [ ][ ]

Busy day off today trying to clean my house, laundry and overall get stuff done before I have to pick DS up from school.

Will pop back in later!

Cheryl Dodd, RN BSN
      T-Tapp Trainer, Maryland

kml
      10-15-2008, 02:49 PM
      I worked on my stance in the shower this morning. That was fun.

Also, this morning I did the old BWO+ instead the new Tempo version and found that I'm able to take the old one up a notch or two in intensity. Yay!!! I love the new version, which makes me work so, so hard, but there are also a couple of things I prefer about the older BWO+ (like more emphasis on OIP in the Box exercise) so I'm sure I'll keep it in my repetoire.

Krista

MP1
      10-15-2008, 05:01 PM
      I am finally feeling better and back on track today. I read in a thread where Teresa responded to someone about doing the BWO+. The person had little time and wanted to go from a size 12 to a 10, or 8. Teresa suggested doing a four day BC using Inst. #1, HD. OIP and HF, followed by 14 days of BWO+, OIP, HF, followed by two weeks of BWO+, OIP, HF Monday - Friday, with PBS, and HDs 2X day on weekends. She said that that would help her go from a 12 to a 10. So today I started with day one of my BC. It is a four week program in total. I hope that it helps get things going. Anyone care to join me?

Mary

catzrule
      10-15-2008, 05:23 PM
      I got in 3 sets of hoe downs yesterday! By next week, I'll work up to a whole BWO+!

Dad is in the nursing care facility and I'll be visiting at night. Gotta get that man home so life can return to normal...LOL

Cheryl

eshlemania
      10-15-2008, 06:39 PM
      I vacuumed around a cat box today doing flat back. [ ] I also found out that when washing dishes, I can get in the stance, tuck my butt, rest my tight tummy against the counter, and engage the lats. I have to reset things as I go, but it does work for me.

Right now I am waiting for DS to leave for his play practice, so I can get in my LB Standing.

Bev

nanburr
      10-16-2008, 01:33 AM
      One of the first changes I noticed when I started tapping was, after a few weeks of "shoulders back and down, contract the lats" just while driving or sitting in church, that blobby stuff between breast and armpit was firmed up. Of course, I was also learning (slowly) some of the BWO with arms, too. However, I did more "fitting it in" than I did BWO. (Teresa even complimented me on it "That looks pretty good there" - and she didn't even know me, the Newbie!) So, that effort isn't wasted. FIT IT IN!

bursante

nanburr
      10-16-2008, 11:49 PM
      MP1 Mary, I love your idea. I feel I should be doing a little more than "fitting it in", even as effective as that is. Your plan sounds perfect. (I may eat my words. T-Tapp is hard for me to get in on weekends.) It'll be a real challenge to be faithful for a whole 4 weeks plus! But I'm gonna try,starting today. One more HD to go.

Where do you live? We just LOVE Canada.

Nancy

countryrodes
      10-17-2008, 12:01 AM
      I am also doing that thread suggestion by Teresa, as for now I am only able to do the BWO+/OIP/HF. I got my sister started on T-Tapp and I challenged her to a Tappin' til Turkey Day Competition (just to keep us accountable). So I am hoping to see results. Trying to fit things in while chasing around a toddler, but I am feeling muscles and it is "easier" to tuck when you are aware of what's lying beneath the fat[ ] So far so good on the bootcamp, and it is getting harder, so I am guessing that is a good sign that I am getting it down pat. Good luck, ladies, I just wanted to chime in

Stacy

eshlemania
      10-17-2008, 09:32 AM
      Yesterday, I got in two OIP, also PBS, TTT, TTN, and HDs . Fit in Tapping during the day. I want to get in three HDs today after meals. Plus, LB Standing again.

Bev

MP1
      10-17-2008, 10:43 AM
      Hi Nancy (bursante),

I'm glad to hear that you are joining me. I have completed day three of instructional #1, HD, OIP and HF. It has been a really tough workout - even after two years of t-tapping! One more day and then I go to BWO+, OIP and HF for 14 days. I know what you mean about not working out on the weekend. I don't normally, but will for the next two weeks.

We live in Niagara on the Lake. It is beautiful wine country. I did live in Vancouver for many years and still miss the west coast. Then I was in Toronto for about 9 years. We moved down here a little over a year ago and love the Niagara area. Where do you live?

Mary

eshlemania
      10-17-2008, 04:12 PM
      Today while working, I decided to focus on belly button to spine. Guess what I found out??!! If you do belly button to spine, you almost automatically tuck, lift ribs and engage those lats. So, for me, at least, the abdominal muscles are key to working that core throughout the day.

Bev

nanburr
      10-18-2008, 06:21 PM
      Mary (MP1), I have done two of the first 4 days now! Now if I can just keep up with it through the weekend! (I don't have a TV in my bedroom, but I think I can remember the BWO moves and sneak them in there without needing the TV. Our TV is in a common area. Everybody comes home on the weekends and there's always someone there.) You have no idea how great it is that I have you to be accountable to for doing this. If I had to do this on my own for a whole month on my own, I would probably "lose tuck", metaphorically speaking!!!

I live in Indiana. Our family has a wonderful memory of a perfect October day in Niagara-on-the-Lake, sitting by the water having a picnic, looking toward the city across the lake, after wandering around in the little boutique district. I'll bet you know exactly where we were. We enjoy Toronto very much, too. (Of course, we had to show the kids Niagara Falls, as well.) I've never been to Vancouver, but my parents are crazy about it. We chose to take our honeymoon in Montreal because we each had lived in France and can speak French. Wish we could spend more time up there. Our daughter is actually studying "Canadian studies" in college.

bursante

MP1
      10-20-2008, 10:17 AM
      Hi Nancy (bursante),

OK, I have completed four days of Inst. #1, HDs, OIP and HF. Today I completed day two of BWO+, OIP and HF. I sure hope that the next four weeks will shake things up for me.

I'm glad that you enjoyed your trips to Canada. I love Montreal. I can understand why you chose it for your honeymoon. I have never been further east than Quebec, but plan on visiting the Maritimes in the not too distant future. Although I have never been to Indiana, I have travelled extensively in the US and have always had a great time!

Keep on with BWO+ and let me know how you're doing.

Mary

nanburr
      10-20-2008, 06:42 PM
      Hi, Mary! Today is day #3 of the first four days, and I still need to do OIP/HF tonight! Thanks for doing this!

Nancy

Comment

Working...
      X