Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repeat after me . . . LESS is More

Originally posted by Cheryl 04-29-2005, 03:00 PM

One big difference with t-tapp that you will learn is that LESS is MORE!!! Now what does that mean??? Well to me it means ...

I get to spend less time working out but I reap more benefits due to all the comprehensive muscle movements that Teresa has incorporated into the workout.

With t-tapp you don't need to work out 2 hours a day. Let me repeat - - YOU DO NOT NEED TO WORK OUT 2 hours a DAY 5-6 days a week. I know this goes against everything we hear about in the fitness world but we have something that they don't - T-TAPP!

I get to eat more high quality foods and think less about calorie counting Yes, that's right. It's okay to eat and it's preferred that you eat several times a day to keep your metabolism going. Just make smart food choices and eat in moderation.

I only have to do 8 reps (at the most) of any move. I don't have to increase anything. 8 Reps that is all you ever have to do. It's okay when you are starting out to only do a few reps and build up to 8 reps. Again, unlike lifting weights you don't have to increase sets or reps to continue challenging your body. This is because we work the entire length of the muscle and all its insertions and not just the belly of the muscle and one insertion point like you do when you lift weights. This is why t-tapp enables us to build long lean muscles and inch loss.

You don't have to do a 14 day bootcamp. It's okay to just do a 4 day bootcamp before going every other day. You will still see inch loss because of the consistent effort you are putting in to your workouts on a daily basis.

The more muscle memory I build up the more challenging the workout gets because I am able to bend deeper, tuck my butt more and engage more muscles. The only way to build muscle memory is to DO the workout. You have to push PLAY on your VCR or your DVD player it's that simple but yet some days that can be the hardest part of the workout.

So, what I am really trying to say is that t-tapp is different than any other workout you have ever done. The foundation of t-tapp is built upon sequential muscle movement and fatigue one layer at a time with full fiber muscle engagement AND full neuro-kinetic flow from your brain to your extremities (that's right even your brain gets a workout).

Okay, since t-tapp is different try and think about QUALITY instead of QUANTITY. Quality refers to 4 or 6 good reps of a move with you going to your personal max is better than 8 sloppy reps. Quality means that you bend your knees, tuck your butt, shoulders back, chest out, lats engaged to the best of your ability throughout the workout. I like to say if your muscles are relaxed then they are taking a vacation and they are NOT working at slimming and toning which is the ultimate goal.

The only way to develop muscle memory is to do the workout. As you develop and continue working out you will naturally be able to bend deeper, tuck harder and have the neuro kinetic awareness to engage more muscles.

Take the time to learn each move one at a time especially if you struggle with a particular move - - there are tons of form tips on this site to help you on your journey.

FINALLY - - in order to learn the T-Tapp workout. You must use the instructionals and even go back to them every couple of months. You will swear that T snuck into your house and added some new form tip that you never heard before. That's just part of the journey. And in the beginning you only need the instructionals and the MORE or BW+ or Beg/rehab. Again this is the foundation on which all of t-tapp rests. If you don't have a strong foundation than you won't reap the benefits that are waiting for you on your T-tapp journey.

Cheryl
    T-Tapp Trainer, Columbus Ohio

gingerb
    04-29-2005, 03:55 PM
    And Cher's right.....at first, you don't need all the tapes. Really, one isn't even close to being ready for the tempo series for at least a month, IMHO. I mean, dang, I've been tapping for 3 years and I still pause T on the tempos!!!

The meat and potatoes are the instructionals and the B/R. Enjoy them!!

~~ginger[:X]

CharityM
    04-30-2005, 01:09 AM
    Cheryl,

You said some of what I was thinking earlier on Friday but said it far more eloquently than I ever could. Thank you for saying it so well!

I continue to marvel over how my body changes when I do T-Tapp regularly.

Charity

Kathy70
    05-01-2005, 01:01 PM
    Cheryl,

You are so right about Teresa sneaking into your house to add more stuff to your tape/DVD. No matter how many times I watch the instructionals something is on them I missed. It's like having to watch "The Sixth Sense" over agian 'cause how could you have missed that the first time??[:0]

Kathy
    Trainer in Training
    Pacific Northwest Washington

chercher1
    05-01-2005, 01:32 PM
    Kathy -

Does Teresa do that to your videos and Dvds too??? I thought she only snuck into MY house!!! LOL [} ] [8D]

Cheryl

gingerb
    05-01-2005, 05:34 PM
    Okay...I feel a conspiracy going on, since T sneaks into my place, too. Is she like Santa that way?
    She sees you when you're slumping,
    she knows when you're awake,
    she knows if you've brushed or not,
    so you better KLT for goodness' sake!

[8D][8D][8D][8D][8D]

~~ging[:X]

banemach
    05-02-2005, 01:03 PM
    Teresa as Santa - could be - we certainly like the presents that T-Tapp delivers - maybe someone should send her a red hat!!!!

Dianne Wright

chercher1
    05-02-2005, 01:31 PM
    I think T already IS Santa. What a great gift she gave us in T-Tapp!!!!!!

Cheryl

sweetsue
    05-02-2005, 02:26 PM
    Cheryl, you are so right on! When, I first started T-Tapp, I had moments of brain pain. But that's one of things I really love about the workout. You get mentally involved in the movement!

Sue

LindaMarie
    05-04-2005, 12:58 PM
    Aha moments for me:
    * I get to have a flat stomach without ever doing another sit up.

* I am able to burn off bra fat by changing my hand position. This opens up my shoulders and engages my lats. Just a little tweak, but so effective.

*If I really want to open up my shoulders and engage lats I can turn my hands so that my thumbs are facing behind me. Ah, even more back strengthening and posture support.

* I am able to strengthen my entire body, lose my double chin, and burn fat for hours afterward, just by doing PBS - for 3-4 minutes!

Because of T-Tapp I CAN do movements that are effective, fast working, and rehabilitative every day and still have a life!

Thank you from my nuero kinetic flow all the way to my KLT!!
    Many Thanks.

chercher1
    05-04-2005, 05:20 PM
    Linda Marie -

I like your post!!!! Those are so great A-Ha moments!!!

Cheryl

c_summers
    05-10-2005, 01:49 PM
    Wonderful post. I'm just starting out with the MORE instructional, and after years of doing 2 aerobics tapes back to back, or using 3 different weight training tapes in a row and not feeling like I'd exercised unless I'd been moving around and torturing myself for an hour-plus, then getting burnt out and disgusted and doing nothing for a few years-you are so right.

Even as a beginner, I feel good and I feel my muscles engaging.

Thanks for posting.

Chris[:X]

susan661
    06-24-2005, 07:53 PM
    Okay ladies,
    After reading this wonderful topic I'm going to go do my B/R. I always feel so good afterward. And it's only 20 minutes long! I can't believe it!
    I love coming to the message board I get so encouraged!
    I already did day #3 broom challenge and was going to leave it at that but NOW I feel I owe myself another W.O.
    You gals are great![:X][:X][:X]

Susan

fawnmarie
    06-24-2005, 10:10 PM
    I just finished day 4 of a MORE bootcamp. I dunno why, but day 4 is ALWAYS worst for me.

Even my toenails hurt!

So, when can I get to the "Less" part?

Fawn

faussiej
    07-14-2005, 09:08 AM
    Linda: Thanks for your Ah ha moments! You just gave me a tip about engaging my lats! Something that I can do Okay (not bad, but not great, if I REALLY concentrate). However, I'm sitting at work reading your tip about rotating your wrists so that your thumbs and palms face back, and MAN! Instant lat engagement! I will definately incorporate this into my tapping! THANKS!!!

Julie

Birdie
    07-14-2005, 10:49 AM
    Hi - this forum is great!

But, I still have a question. Will I do harm (or undo good) if I do SATI on the off days? Or, should I wait several months before doing this? I gather that the TLB should wait, and I am okay with that. I just want the MOST results with the LEAST amount of effort!!

Okay, I admit, I love focusing on each muscle everywhere and still try to stay standing!

Joan

Tina71
    07-14-2005, 12:13 PM
    Joan,

You can do SATI on some of your off days. Just remember to take one full day off a week. And always do PBS before you get started.

Tina

Comment

Debarbie
      10-03-2005, 10:59 PM
      Thanks CherCher for bumping this. I wish more people would listen to this advice. I think its so ingraned in our heads about more is better and t-tapp really helps re-educate the less is more, which is so much better for us espicially as we get older. It seems we have less time and more fat. Quoting something Teresa says on her Yes you can seminar. Still it seems no one is getting this sometimes. Please read! Its so true. [^]

Deb E.

sostinkinhappy
      03-01-2006, 09:42 AM
      Love this thread, every time someone bumps it back up to the top, I read it again. Thanks Cheryl for such great words of wisdom!

Melynda Fitt
      TTapp Trainer, Northern VA

Mackie2004
      06-25-2006, 05:35 PM
      Great post.

How I wish I knew all this years ago before hours and I mean hours spent in the gym. My body is in much better shape now than it was back then in an eighth of the time.

Hate to think about what I could have been doing instead of wasting all that time. Who knew? Teresa did

Thanks for sharing.

Kathy

Zeenabean
      09-01-2006, 09:02 PM
      It is amazing that you notice tips when you go back to instructionals. I've been tapping for about 3 months now and followed the advice on the boards and went back...I noticed I was letting my shoulders roll forward at times. Being a Combo I can't afford that, no wonder inch loss in my hips and thighs was so slow!! Great thread!!!

Beth

jennpleez
      09-02-2006, 02:33 AM
      We could get burned at the stake for making claims like this! LOL

I, for one, am oh so thankful to read it again.

Powerful stuff, that T-Tapp, mighty powerful stuff.[^]

Jenn

cmayes71
      01-21-2008, 11:49 PM
      T-tapp is so awesome. I'm so thankful to have learned about t-tapp. I used to do workout videos that were high impact. I got totally burned out. With t-tapp I look forward to it. It's something I can even do right before bed and still get a good sleep.

Cindy

BlessedMama
      09-01-2008, 01:24 AM
      Yes, our beloved CherCher is tops! I've been to two clinics with her and she is awesome! I'm going to miss the one this month though....sniffle!

I thought this was bookmared in my favorites--but it wasn't! I'm going to right now because of her wisdom and great way of explaining it!

Thanks for bumping it!

~ ..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
      ¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
      ((¸¸.·´ ..·´ Trisch -:¦:-
      -:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*

Comment

Working...
      X