Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turtle Tappers: Set a Goal

Originally posted by Cheryl Dodd 09-26-2008, 07:33 PM

It is so nice to meet everyone! I amazed at how big our group has become but I am excited that the concept of **slow and steady** appeals to all of you.

I think Nancy*s (nanburr) comments that she paraphrased from Lani*s teleconference has merit and I wanted to continue the discussion and offer up some thoughts of my own.

Now I didn*t hear what Lani said but what my take is from what Nancy shared with us is very valid. We can*t expect things to change if we are not willing to make changes, adjustments and honestly evaluate our actions on a daily, weekly or monthly basis.

Nancy said it best here: Plans are one thing, BUT IF THE PLANS DIDN'T TAKE PLACE, the result is: no change.

So how can we apply our slow and steady motto to this idea of planning to give us the tools we need to be consistent?

I am going to challenge each and every one of you to set a goal for next week. Something small that you can commit yourself to each and every day for one week and then at the end of the week we can evaluate how we did and what adjustments we need to make.

My suggestions – commit to starting your day each day with PBS, doing OIP/HF every night before you go to bed, replace one cup of coffee with a bottle of water each day, doing 2 sets of Thread the needle each day, or a set of hoedowns. Anything, something small to put you on the path to better health. Then at the end of week – we will follow-up with the evaluation side and then make a new goal for next week.

It might be interesting to post your goals in a notebook along with on the weekly Turtle thread so that you can look back in a few months and see all the small steps that have moved you forward. This may be too much work for some and that is okay - -we are trying to change habits and /or behaviors but I don*t want to stress anyone out.

Now is the time to be forgiving with yourself for what you have or have not done in the past. The slate is wiped clean and today is a new day. We are starting down a new path towards better health and I am so excited to be sharing this path with all of you. This journey is different because you and I have all of our T-Tapping Turtle friends on the path with us – encouraging, sharing and loving each and every one of us! You are not alone –as this thread proves. Do not be afraid anymore. You are welcome to post and post often -- share your successes or failures, thoughts and dreams, whatever!

Editing to explain - this goal would be separate from any workouts that you are doing and remember something small that you can easily do every day.

Remember one step at a time, one foot in front of the other!!!

Cheryl Dodd, RN BSN
    T-Tapp Trainer, Maryland

chercher1
    09-26-2008, 07:46 PM
    Goal starts on Monday we will evaluate on Sunday. You can catch up if you don*t get online on the weekends.

I forgot to tell you what my goal is . .to start my mornings with PBS.

Cheryl Dodd, RN BSN

lorettal
    09-26-2008, 08:02 PM
    Thanks Cheryl

I will challenge myself to:

PBS before bed - I mean to but forget then it is so snuggly warm it bed don't want to get back out!

And OIP before bed

Regular Hoe Downs - particularly on my day off tapping

but what is HP ?

Loretta

chercher1
    09-26-2008, 08:10 PM
    Loretta - just one goal!!! You can still do all those things but just commit on the turtle thread one thing (for now! )

OIP/HF - Organs in Place and Half frogs

If you have any of the floor workouts it is the next move after OIP and you definitely look like a frog on your back squeezing legs together, out to starting position and then lifting butt off the floor aiming knees to your shoulders.

Cheryl Dodd, RN BSN

lorettal
    09-26-2008, 08:20 PM
    Oh that's funny - a turtle getting carried away !!

OK I will commit to before bed - what I do then is up to me lol

Loretta

chercher1
    09-26-2008, 09:28 PM
    I just found this while surfing the net and it fits perfectly with what we are starting. The author is talking about journaling while traveling but I edited it a bit to fit our needs. Here*s the link to the actual article http://www.cnn.com/2008/TRAVEL/09/26...ing/index.html

But without capturing your thoughts on paper, the lessons are like shooting stars you just missed ... and butterflies you thought you saw. Collecting intimate details on the journey and then distilling them into your journal sharpens your ability to observe and creates a souvenir you'll always cherish.
    The key to good journaling is being both observant and disciplined. Take the time to notice what you're experiencing and then to jot down your thoughts.

Hope this inspires you to start a simple journal devoted to you and your Turtle Tapper journey! [ ][ ]

Cheryl Dodd, RN BSN

eshlemania
    09-26-2008, 09:52 PM
    This sounds so cool. I already do PBS before bed, so I will commit to doing it each morning also. I like the idea of writing it down. I was thinking the other day, that I really don't know how much I do exercise, cause I don't have it written down. Was thinking of doing that, so this fits right in.

Bev

fruitvine
    09-27-2008, 02:05 AM
    Loved the quote, Cheryl. I have journaled/recorded my T-Tapp journey from the very beginning and have found it to be a powerful tool.

Charlotte

mrsa1993
    09-27-2008, 09:02 AM
    quote:Originally posted by chercher1

but I am excited that the concept of **slow and steady** appeals to all of you.

I don't know that I would say "slow and steady" appeals to me. I'd rather have lost 2 sizes in the last 2 years of tapping. Sometimes I think - "2 sizes, that's all I want to lose. Why isn't it happening?!"

In terms of a goal: I am already very consistent - 5 workouts a week (3 full t-tapp workouts and 2 days running is my most recent schedule). I guess my goal will be to do 3 different t-tapp workouts rather than the same one 3x a week.

Ann Marie

HarleyAngel
    09-27-2008, 12:42 PM
    I usually try to do BWO plus M-F before work. I will add a set of HD when I get home from work this next week!
    Thanks,
    Nancy

kml
    09-27-2008, 02:28 PM
    Hi Y'all --

I've been too busy at work and at home in the last couple of days to do more than scan through a few of the posts, but I'm really enjoying the Turtle threads!

Thinking about a goal for this next week... For my regular workouts, I'm pretty much limited to doing the shortest ones, so my mainstays are BWO+, MORE, and now BWO+ Tempo, which I love. MORE My Home to Yours is great, but at 25 minutes, I usually don't have time to do it. Also, for the last few weeks I've been part of the Habit Formers, which so far has been helpful in keeping me consistent with morning workouts.

However, what I've been wanting to do -- and failing more often than not -- is working in a few extra moves during the day. I've got the TappCore DVD, and I've used selections from it a few times at work. (Am very fortunate to have a large private office.) But it's so-o-o easy to get my head into what I'm doing for my job and not move away from the computer for even a stretch break.

I think that will be my goal. On at least 3 days this next week, I'll do three or four of the TappCore exercises in addition to my morning workouts.

Since I'm posting this on Saturday and hearing the inevitable football game that my husband is watching on TV, I've made up a cheer for us...
    Tapp it slow, Tapp it fast,
    Tapp it long, Tapp it short,
    Keep the pace through the week,
    Tapp it out!
    Go Turtles!!!

Krista

laurae
    09-27-2008, 08:58 PM
    My goal for this coming week is to do OIP/HF each day. I like your cheer, Krista!
    Laura

nanburr
    09-27-2008, 11:18 PM
    Okay, my downfall is thinking I'll do the TWO every other day, but life gets in the way and I have more than a day in between, and then more than 2 days in between, and next thing I know, I've only done one thing the whole week, total. Except for hoedowns after lunch and supper IF I REMEMBER! Then if I get in TWO, that's great.

So, maybe this will be more doable: PBS am, Hoedowns twice a day, water in place of one of my cups of tea (which I love), and OIP/HF before bed.

I might add that a big key to this for the likes of me is:
    1) Make check-off sheet (I just did that)
    2) Keep check-off sheet where I will see it all the time
    3) Keep pencil there next to it at all times!

I am not very structured, and these little things can contribute to either my success or failure - like the pencil - really! It will be fun to check in with you all (and motivating!)

Nancy

Mac7
    09-28-2008, 01:49 AM
    Cheryl,
    I think this goal setting is great and I commit to the challenge of PBS every a.m.

Thanks,

Maggie

faith458
    09-28-2008, 08:03 PM
    I've been debating what to commit to for this challenge. Like Ann Marie, I consistently do 3 full workouts per week and two smaller ones. I do PBS and OIP before bed. I'll commit to doing PBS in the morning.

Laurie

lorettal
    09-29-2008, 07:13 AM
    Woe is me - I have either measured wrong last week or am throwing a hormonal hissy fit but I have expanded by 7 inches - in one week

Not only that it is only on the torso!! [V] (being a short combo type my legs aren't every going to do much).

If were only my hips and abdominal I would have pretty much said hormones but when the above and below bust went up as well [:0]

So now I have gained over 7lbs and 7 inches. [?][?][?][?]

I have been eating well and regular with the tapping.

Any thoughts??

Loretta Leslie

speshe
    09-29-2008, 11:01 AM
    Thanks for the motivation, Cheryl!

My goal this week is to start each day with PBS and brushing.

Shelley

stetiff
    09-29-2008, 11:42 AM
    I've decided to commit to doing pbs before sleep. Can anyone give me some tips on how to remember the sequence of pbs without putting the dvd on?

catzrule
    09-29-2008, 04:13 PM
    Loretta, I'm thinking swelling? What is your workout schedule like? Do you drink plenty of water? Do you sleep well and wake up rested?

I commit to at the VERY least doing 3 short workouts per week. I also work out or walk at lunch during the day, so I'm pretty much guaranteed at least 3x a week that I do some sort of exercise at lunch too.

Cheryl

Mac7
    09-29-2008, 05:01 PM
    Hello to all,
    I committed to PBS each a.m. and my comment to Stettif is something that I myself found out today. It is easier to try to do the workout on your own without the dvd, but I put in the PBS pop video and did it with Teresa and I think that is so much better. You may tend to forget some move or not do it to your max as well as you do when she keeps repeating it over and over. That is my great idea for the day, maybe someone disagrees but that is what I found to work for me.
    I really did feel that simple, short workout more.

Maggie

Comment

Mac7
      09-30-2008, 07:25 PM
      Did PBS, OIP/HF, and elevators.

Where is everyone?

Maggie

chercher1
      09-30-2008, 07:55 PM
      Feel free to post even if you don*t want to join in the challenge. Mac is right - -where are all the turtles????

Krista - love the cheer you made for us.

For those of you participating in the challenge hope you are discovering the two-fold advantage of it.

1. Committing to yourself and actually following through. This can be very empowering and can really help you focus on your goals and sticking with them.

2. Taking the time to do a single move apart and outside of your workout can help you really focus on the muscles being worked as you take the time to explore all aspects of the singular move. Too many times we move quickly from one move to the next in an effort to get done and we miss out on how many muscles we are truly engaging at any given time.

I find journaling or even just being more aware of my actions allows me to see what is working for me and what is holding me back preventing me from reaching my goals.

Maggie - thanks for sharing your insights with us.

Stetiff - I would just do PBS with the dvd until you memorize it.

lorretal - maybe things can play a factor -eating, stress, hormones, sleep. Just hang in there and measure again in a couple of weeks. Make sure you are really focusing on lifting your ribs, belly button to spine, holding your ab muscles tight, tight, tight.

Nanburr - love the checklist/pencil idea how is that working for you? Have you been checking stuff off?

Charlotte - thanks for sharing how much journaling has helped you!!

To everyone else - -great job on commiting to one thing -- can*t wait to hear how the rest of the week is going.

Goal to ponder for next week - pick your LEAST favorite move and commit to doing it every day next week!!! Remember the one you like the least is the one you need to do the MOST!!!! [} ][} ][} ]

Cheryl Dodd, RN BSN

eshlemania
      09-30-2008, 08:32 PM
      Yesterday I got in BWO+ with LB tweaks-slow and hard. PBS in the morning. PBS, OIP and LB POP-all modified-at night. Really tired. We had to clean an apartment after supper last night.

This morning was PBS and am planning on getting in the 3 regulars tonight-all of them.

I have started writing what I do down on the calender. I really like doing it. Then I will be able to look back over a month and really see what I did. I am also writing down when I brush.

Bev

faith458
      09-30-2008, 09:01 PM
      I've done PBS the last 2 mornings. I also did Hoedowns tonight after dinner. I did them last night too, but I think it was more than 1 hour after dinner. I was checking the forums and my email and was too tired to get off my butt! I'll work on adding them to my routine. This week my goal is PBS in the morning.

Laurie

mrsa1993
      10-01-2008, 12:14 AM
      So far this week I have done two different work outs: Tempo LB (standing) and Tempo Torso. After spending the last several weeks doing only lady bugs workout, I think those workouts are too fast to get form right. So tomorrow it will be another different workout.

Ann Marie

nanburr
      10-01-2008, 12:56 AM
      I wrote this once, but it looks like it didn't post. Sorry if it goes up twice.

I did make my check off sheet (pencil attached!) and I'm filling it in. Yesterday I did LadyBug standing in the morning, and LadyBug on the floor in the evening. That's a big day for me! I managed to make sure my day included PBS x 2, TTN x 2, hoe downs x 2, OIP/HF, and replaced some of my tea with water. Today, I didn't drink quite as much water, but I did manage to do hoe downs twice, TTT twice, PBS in the a.m., and plan to fit in another PBS and OIP/HF before retiring.

Cheryl, I think your point #2 is a very one: trying to concentrate on one move, paying attention to all the muscles and the form without the distraction of trying to keep up with the DVD. For instance, it's all I can do to "thread the needle" 8 reps without falling over, but I forget to lift ribs, or my knee isn't bent, and will I EVER be able to keep tuck?! I'll be some of you can relate! I'm going to really try this isolation thing.

Is next week's goal a new goal or an additional goal? I think my hardest move is TTT.

Nancy

chercher1
      10-01-2008, 09:41 AM
      Nancy - next week*s goal is a new goal not an additional goal.

Separating a move out from the workout and doing it isolated and on its own is a way to truly study a move and work towards gaining a better understanding of it not to mention improve your form and gain a few a-ha moments.

Cheryl Dodd, RN BSN

MP1
      10-01-2008, 10:08 AM
      This is my third week of doing BWO+, OIP & HF, with extra HDs thrown in Monday - Friday. I take weekends off. I started back, after 10 days off with the afore mentioned schedule. I was going to start back with a bc, but a few on the forums suggested I get back into it slowly. What excellent advice. I don't think I would have lasted two days in a bc! I am going to continue with this schedule and add Balance and/or TTN next week. The move I hate is lunges and I am afraid to do them because the last time I was doing them I gained. I know all about holding things tight, but no matter what, I gained.

I could just be imagining things (and I refuse to measure), but going back to BWO+, OIP and HF and extra HDs, and really focusing, I *think* I am *seeing* a change in my body. Hmmmm..... I am a LTL, long torso and change doesn't come quickly.

Mary

catzrule
      10-01-2008, 10:18 AM
      My focus this week will be stretching the inner thigh muscles so I can turn out from the hip during hoe downs. My left leg has always been tight. This is going to be my 'to do' for this week.

Cheryl

Mac7
      10-01-2008, 01:39 PM
      Well, I did OIP/HF, Elevators, PBS and Torso

Cheryl, is there any one excercise that will get rid of the roll of fat between the bottom of the bra and the waist. I seem to have gotten rid of the roll above the bra.
      Thanks.

Have a great day all.

Maggie

catzrule
      10-01-2008, 01:57 PM
      Not sure which Cheryl you were asking, but anything involving tightening your lats will get rid of that bra pudge.

Cheryl

kml
      10-01-2008, 02:04 PM
      Hi Y'all --

So far this week I've done MORE twice and BWO+ Tempo once. Since joining Habit Formers a few weeks ago, I've been a lot more consistent with my morning workouts, so I'm not making those part of my Turtle goal. This week the Turtle goal involves TappCore.

I didn't do any of the TappCore exercises on Monday, but yesterday I did do three of them -- triceps, chest press, and HDs. For those who aren't familiar with TappCore, the "arm" exercises are done using the basic T-Tapp stance and not in turned-out plier position. I've found that I have a much better sense of lifting and tightening my torso when I'm doing these than when I'm working on the plier sequence in BWO+, even though I'm always working hard to tuck butt, pull shoulders back, and lift ribs in all exercises. I'll be jumping for joy when I really feel my belly while I do those pliers!!!

I love the idea of choosing one move and working on it in isolation through the week. Will start with that one next Monday.

Must get back to work now!

Krista

Mac7
      10-01-2008, 07:51 PM
      Can someone please tell me what Tappcore is?

Thanks, Maggie

kml
      10-01-2008, 10:48 PM
      TappCore is a set of exercises that Teresa developed for use in schools or in homeschooling situations. It's not a complete workout, but it does consist of exercises that use the same principles that we follow in the regular workouts. It's one of the chaptered DVDs -- maybe the first one that was released. There are two versions of each exercise -- one with instructions and the other straight through with cues. The idea isn't to do all the exercises in one session but to do three or so at a time at odd moments during the day.

I read about this DVD and thought I could really use these exercises -- and I was right!

Hope this helps.

Krista

eshlemania
      10-01-2008, 11:28 PM
      I finally got through the entire Foot fitness. Loved it!! My feet loved it.

Got in my PBS this morning.

Bev

nanburr
      10-02-2008, 01:30 AM
      Got all my goals so far except my "before bed" PBS, OIP and HF. It's pretty late so I'd better hurry! I'm not sure I'm doing HF right. Would you say the thing to strive for is to tuck while pressing lower back to the floor hard at the time you raise the legs back up? And with elevators? At first I thought the emphasis was supposed to be on the hips getting the legs up, but now I'm thinking I'm supposed to concentrate on the stomach tightening.

Nancy

nanburr
      10-02-2008, 01:40 AM
      Oops, I forgot to ask this. I asked once but never found an answer. My brush is 100% natural, but I checked at the store and found out it is boar bristle. I read somewhere that we don't want that. It seems to be working fine, and is easier on my skin than the sisal brush that I finally found at a store to compare. I can't imagine using that sisal brush on my skin, especially on my face. (Well, maybe it softens if it's wet.) But I brush dry. What is the problem with boar bristles? I can understand why we wouldn't want to be using nylon or plastic bristles.

Nancy

catzrule
      10-02-2008, 09:22 AM
      Got my Ladybug BWO+ in last night although I had talked myself out of it several times yesterday. I followed Michelle's advice and told myself 'thanks for sharing, now go lace up' and I did.

Cheryl

chercher1
      10-02-2008, 09:37 AM
      quote:I had talked myself out of it several times yesterday. I followed Michelle's advice and told myself 'thanks for sharing, now go lace up' and I did.
      LOL LOL that is so funny!!! Boy, trainers sure are mean must be why we are so loved!!!! [} ][} ][} ]

Cheryl Dodd, RN BSN

catzrule
      10-02-2008, 09:40 AM
      You got that right. If she wasn't so sweet the rest of the time...

Cheryl

Comment

laurae
        10-02-2008, 01:36 PM
        I did BWO+ on Monday, was sick Tues. so didn't do anything, did BWO+, OPI & HF plus brushing on Wed., and today I did the book DVD except for the advanced HD's, and will brush shortly.

I think that tomorrow I will go back to the MORE instructional and see if that will help me do a better job of keeping the tuck, pressing lower back, and ribs up all at the same time! I seem to have a really hard time doing it all at once--maybe that's why I'm not seeing any inch loss! I do think I'm getting better, but it sure is a long road. I intend to keep on keeping on though.

Laura

paymb26
        10-02-2008, 02:52 PM
        Quick post - I am out of town this week, coming home late tomorrow, hence my lack of posting. Still a turtle and encouraging all - what a great idea about goals! Sorry for lack of posts, borrowing a blackberry to read and post ANYTHING anywhere!!
        Will decide on a goal next week to help me with consistency of HD's or OIP/HF.
        Turtles, Turtles RAH RAH RAH!!

-Paym

catzrule
        10-02-2008, 03:44 PM
        That's ok Paym, we'll be here turtling along when you get back!

Cheryl

stetiff
        10-02-2008, 06:09 PM
        It's me again. And I've decided to change my goal from PBS to doing OIP/HF everyday as I am having a bit of a bulge problem. I've done them yesterday and will do them today as well!!

faith458
        10-02-2008, 09:30 PM
        I am excited. I was able to zip up the pants I wasn't able to get into a few weeks ago. I don't think my measurements have changed (I'll measure this weekend). They were a little tight, but not so bad I couldn't wear them.

Laurie

thaibezel

10-03-2008, 12:49 AM
        My life just gets away from me sometimes.... sorry for the silence.

My goal for this week was to add variety to my schedule -- so this week I've done B/R, ladybug floor, and my extended ladybug BWO+ (I add hoedowns, tappcore balance, oip, and crab claws). Tomorrow I will do either HTF or kettlebells. I'm curious to see if variety makes a difference. I've certainly had plenty of soreness this week.

But next week -- our least favorite move? That is cruelty!!!!! Plies. ICK!

Elizabeth

mrsa1993
        10-03-2008, 09:04 AM
        I also went for the variety this week. I did tempo LB, tempo torso, sati, broom walking 2, and ladybugs. I have no idea how many of those are full workouts, but that is what I did this week.

Ann Marie

catzrule
        10-03-2008, 09:24 AM
        Great job everyone!

Laurie, that's great about the pants!

Cheryl

stetiff
        10-03-2008, 06:35 PM
        It's the end of the week and I can happily report that I have done 3 TWO and 1 BWO+ and OIP/HF - I've not been well for 2 days - not sure if it's a bug or my system is eliminating junk but I've been practically living in the toilet.
        I've upped my fluid intake to 2.5 liters and feel a bit better. My blood sugar control seems to be getting better since it's only 4 days till my cycle comes about again and my blood sugar has yet to show the high spikes that it did last month *crossing fingers*
        Thanks for listening *reading* I feel so much better that I get to report in my progress!!

eshlemania
        10-03-2008, 10:27 PM
        Yesterday, got in PBS in the morning and PBS, OIP, and LB POP before bed.

Today, I got in my morning PBS, SITTM, some finger and foot fitness. Planning on my three regulars before bed.

I am really enjoying journaling and checking in here. It's encouraging to have others on the same journey.

Bev

eshlemania
        10-03-2008, 10:29 PM
        Just got to add, I was tired and sore before I got in my SITTM. I feel so much better this evening than I did all day. Yea, T-tapp!!

Bev

kml
        10-04-2008, 01:29 PM
        Hi Everyone --

The work week is over, and on two days, I did my TappCore exercises -- didn't meet my goal, but this was better than in most of the weeks before.

Now, I've just gotta crow!!! I measured this morning, and I've lost inches!!! Even though I've Tapped off and on for years, I didn't make up my mind to track measurements until around the end of August, and since then, my total inch loss is a little more than 8.25!!! And most of that is in my waist, abdomen, and hips -- just where I need for it to be. Yippee!!!!

Happy weekend, y'all!!

Krista

laurae
        10-04-2008, 01:53 PM
        Congratulations, Krista and everyone else who lost, and everyone who keeps trying!

I'm excited. Last night I put on a pair of pajama bottoms that have been too tight, and they didn't hurt my stomach! Maybe it's my imagination since I want it so much, but when I look in the mirror, it looks like my waist is a little smaller. I keep forgetting to measure in the morning before I eat, so I don't know if the tape measure will show anything or not. I haven't measured in a long time--it has been too discouraging.

Except for when I've felt punk this week (I think I've had a "bug" too) I've done some tapping. So I've "sort of" met my goal for this week. (I can forgive myself for not tapping when I really don't feel well.) Today I did BWO+ Tempo and feel great. I plan on doing OIP, HF, and E later--I can't do it all at once!

My goal for next week is to try to do TTN every day except Sunday. I don't know that that's my least favorite move, but I haven't been able to do it! I know I haven't worked hard enough on it either. So maybe if I give it my best shot every day for a week, I'll "get it"! I hope so. I also have another personal goal for this coming week--to do something extra, even if it's not much, physical every day--like rake leaves or a little extra cleaning or take a walk, etc.

I have a question for CherCher--is our goal for next week instead of, or in addition to our goal for this week?

I appreciate this thread and all of the ideas and encouragement.

Laura

chercher1
        10-04-2008, 10:24 PM
        Laura -

New goal each week was my intention but you are welcome to do either. [} ][} ] LOL I was just trying to provide direction and little mini-challenges for those that wanted it and also provide some insight and a-ha moments which doing single moves can provide. That is, in addition to helping people set a goal and make them accountable for sticking with it. Typically if you can prove to yourself that you can do a simple goal it validates that you can do a more difficult goal!

Cheryl Dodd, RN BSN

laurae
        10-04-2008, 10:55 PM
        Thank you Cheryl. You are an inspiration in many ways. I appreciate your guidance!

Laura

Mac7
        10-05-2008, 10:20 AM
        Krista, Congratulations on your inch loss. Doesn't it feel good to reap the benefits of your hard work? Good job. I too, have lost inches but for be it is a very, very slow process.
        Keep on keeping on.

Stettif, how in the world can you drink so much water? Aren't you up all night? Someone told me you should drink half of your body weight in water. I tried that and ran all day and was up 7 times during the night. That is a lot of lost sleep.I have a really hard time drinking water anyway.

Maggie

eshlemania
        10-05-2008, 08:44 PM
        I got in my PBS every morning this week. Not quite as flexible in the morning as I am the rest of the day.[ ] I'm with Laura. I am also planning on doing TTN every day this next week. Really concentrating on what I am doing. Gonna go back and read the Must read threads on it and check the book out again. See if I can tweak it this week.

Bev

faith458
        10-05-2008, 09:42 PM
        I did PBS every morning this week. I also added in Hoe downs after dinner. Next week I'm listening to Cheryl and I'm going to focus on keeping my butt tucked and putting weight on the big ball joint.

Laurie

nanburr
        10-06-2008, 04:09 PM
        I've been checking things off my list, and I guess I need to make a new list for this week! I missed a couple of hoe downs and last night's PBS, but in general I was fairly consistent (maybe by not making myself do a whole TWO every day or every other day. I did it twice, plus the other stuff on the other days.) I'm encouraged that I did OIP/HF each night, and I think I caught onto something I needed to in order to get better results than I was. Time will tell. This week's goal: Get better at TTN by bending knee deeper and trying to keep KLT (how DO you do that on one leg?!); also getting my other leg up closer to the waist the entire time. I'll keep the other things on my list, too.

bursante

HarleyAngel
        10-06-2008, 10:23 PM
        This week, I am trying out the Advanced Hoedowns. I don't especially like them, so I am working harder at them to improve my form. I also am going to cut out regular cola which I love to drink. I'm trying to take small steps. This is my goal for this week.

Nancy

stetiff
        10-07-2008, 09:59 AM
        Mac7 - I have a somewhat same experience with the water but after a while, it settles down and you'd be back to normal. However, every two glasses, I take a little celtic sea salt.

Comment

Working...
        X