Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turtle Tappers: its a new week

Originally posted by Cheryl Dodd 10-26-2008, 10:42 PM

Hey Turtles! Hope you had a good week and you have been able to sneak in T-tapp principles to your daily life. I really like trying to catch myself in *bad posture* so that I can stop and re-set myself. Generally I find that my shoulders are creeping up toward my ears!!! Hope you are not like me!!! LOL I also noticed this week that the more stressed and busy I am at work –my posture suffers for it. I found myself doing a lot of shoulder rolls this week!

Food for thought on moving your personal max:
    If you are feeling stuck in the same spot and you are doing BW+ how about changing up one workout and doing Instructional #2 or the second half of TWO or Beg/Rehab. BW+ is an awesome 15 minute workout but sometimes we need to challenge the body with the added core moves of the Total Workout. In addition by doing something different it challenges your body as you hit your muscles differently so your muscles are forced to stretch a little bit more.

Want more cardio but yet you only want to do BW+ --- Add 1 full set of HDs after each move. So, it would be PBS, HDs, Plies, HDs, Reach Scoop, HDs, etc. This only adds a few extra minutes to the workout but I promise you will be huffing and puffing and your abs will feel the burn. This little cardio torture is courtesy of Esther!

You all know what a big believer I am in pushing and moving your personal max. The body loves to go to the path of least resistance and that is what is easiest. It is up to us to be vigilant and force our bodies to do the hard work. Bend your knees a little bit deeper, which aids in better butt tuck, better KLT, etc. Full reach and E X T E N D and stretch those arms. Feel as though your arms are being pulled in opposite directions. When Teresa says inhale, do a BIG INHALE and exhale with a BIG EXHALE any time you hear her say these cues. You will be surprised that such a little thing will make a big difference as you workout.

Another suggestion for mindful, purposeful movement is to REDUCE your reps on your workout to only 4 reps and aim for 4 of the BEST QUALITY reps that you can ever do. Since (and it is important that you verbalize this and say it to your brain) **It is ONLY 4 reps** so of course I can try harder! Please tell me, I am not the only one who talks to themselves!!!

I know I owe a few of you some comments but I will have to go back and search them out. Have a GREAT week. I worked all weekend so I excited that I am off tomorrow! I am going to be having a laundry party – want to join me??? I have laundry piled up and I must tackle the pile once I send DS off to school.

Share your comments, thoughts, struggles etc. We are here for each and every one of you!!

Remember slow and steady is all about persistency and consistency. So, you missed a workout – it is okay. Move on. Put the workout in and PUSH PLAY!

Cheryl Dodd, RN BSN
    T-Tapp Trainer, Maryland

MP1
    10-27-2008, 11:14 AM
    Thanks Cheryl for this post. I am currently doing a four week schedule I found on the forum, that Teresa suggested for someone. It entalis doing 18 days in a row, followed by two weeks with weekends off (except for PBS and HDs). I did 11 days in a row and then had to miss yesterday. I felt soooo guilty. Today I did my WO and then came to the forums, only to read your post saying if I missed a work out it's OK. Thanks Cheryl, today was the day I needed to hear that.

I am carrying on with the next three weeks of the schedule. Hopefully I will have a bit of a loss to report.

Mary

twiddles
    10-27-2008, 06:51 PM
    Hi. I thought I'd join the Turtles, as I consider myself a slow loser (although I think my problem has truly been a consistency thing, but I am a combo, so I'm guessing I'm a slow loser).

I'm doing the same schedule that Mary is doing, although today was my first day, and I did it, which is a good feeling. I am just amazed though. I must have hit another level with T-Tapp, because really truly focusing on everything (tuck lower back, knees realllly bent, KLT, ribs up, shoulders back, and breathing) and I was really feeling the heat on PBS like I never had before. My legs were shaking and everything. It's great.

Okay, so this is my first post as a fellow Turtle. Hopefully, I can be consistent even just with recording my workouts here, lol.

Kelly

TNVicki
    10-27-2008, 09:03 PM
    Count me in. I'm definitely a turtle as a true combo. However, remember turtles are considered wise in Native American societies!

I did Instructional 1 today and really concentrated on tightening every muscle I could. I was sweating before the end of PBS! WOW!

Cheryl, great idea of the 4 best quality reps possible! I think I'll try that tomorrow and add in the HDs between moves. I have a tendency to overtrain, so I'm really concentrating on sticking with just BWO+ for awhile (well, and OIP/HF, too). I'm having some thyroid symptoms, and that includes fatigue. I'll be getting it checked soon.

OK, ladies. Now you have TWO trainers supporting you! Let's bring it on!

Vicki Drobnis

MP1
    10-27-2008, 10:05 PM
    Hi Kelly,

I was consistently doing TWO, and then took a 10 day break before starting this schedule. Let me tell you, I have NEVER felt the BWO+ the way I have doing it this time. I am really focusing on all the nuances and it is KILLING me.

Keep up the good work and keep me posted on your progress.

Mary

faith458
    10-27-2008, 10:06 PM
    Okay, I have spent the last few weeks really focusing on form, doing the instructionals, Tempo 2, etc. I have gained 1/2 inch in my upper thighs and hips. My abdomen and waist are the same. I really work at bending my knees, tightening my legs at the top of plies and lunges. I've really been feeling the workouts in my arms and legs, but I've bulked up. Does T-tapp just not work for some people?

Laurie

MP1
    10-27-2008, 10:18 PM
    Hi Laurie,

I asked the same question about a month ago. I have been tapping consistently for over two years and brushing faithfully since March with no measurable results. I take alfalfa, B12 and was using PG Spray until it became unavailable in Canada.

I was, and have been, very discouraged with the program. But.....I really love how I am feeling, the fact that the WO is so convenient, and I really want to be successful with this WO. It's tough, I know, when nothing seems to be working. We read the success stories and want to pound those gals (just kidding), becuase we are not seeing the same results.

I don't know. Maybe it doesn't work for everyone, me included, but after working out for over 28 years, I'll give it another year or so. I do feel great, but I have had the gains you have referred to. I called the office and Lauren helped me modify the WO. Maybe you should do the same thing. I can't give you any advice, but I can say that I know how you feel.

Wishing you all the best.

Mary

faith458
    10-27-2008, 10:56 PM
    Thank you Mary. I'm happy for the people who are losing, but sometimes I just want to scream in frustration. I've said this before, I really love the workout. I feel great doing it and I actually look forward to working out for the first time. I asked my husband today to feel my thighs and butt. He agreed that they are feeling more muscular and tighter. I have worked so hard, especially these last few weeks. I'm trying to everything to my personal max. Gaining inches was so not in my plan. I had to go out and buy new jeans this weekend because I'm tired of not fitting in my old ones. I've read the posts on why I'm not losing or why I'm gaining. Sorry for the depressing post. Having to shop for larger jeans this weekend was major league depressing.

Laurie

nanburr
    10-27-2008, 11:01 PM
    Laurie, I was getting bigger, also. I was trying to do TWO as many days of the week as possible. Usually I couldn't get in more than five days, but I was actually trying for 10 days straight. When we started Turtles, I thought maybe I'd be more consistent if I went back to something short and sweet for awhile, especially if we were all checking in with each other. And I added in OIP/HF each evening, which I do without fail, even if something else gets skipped. (I decided on that even though I had my doubts it would help.) Well, suddenly I can get into a dress I couldn't wear for ages. My ribcage is tighter. This is good! I'm thinking I just needed to back off a little. I have a feeling that I'm gonna need to go back to TWO at least once a week, but for now I'm following that program MP1 was referring to above. At least I can fit it into my day. I'm encouraged. The swelling (bulk?) has sort of melted off. At least for now! My goal is to keep up with Turtles and do that program until the time is up, then reevaluate. Whenever Cheryl gives us a new idea for the week, I try to see how I can incorporate that. Changing it weekly helps me in the psyche department, so I don't get bored, and always have a new little challenge.

COULD IT BE that what everyone keeps telling us is actually TRUE? That LESS is MORE?! It's so hard to believe it.

bursante

faith458
    10-27-2008, 11:19 PM
    I'm hoping you're right Bursante. I'm going to try backing off a little. I've decided to do 3 full workouts per week and then walk using t-tapp techniques the other 2 days. I had been doing t-tapp 5 days. I know I can't do t-tapp six days. I'm hoping that maybe I'll start losing soon. I walked today, so tomorrow it's Tempo 2 or B/R. I'm looking forward to trying superslow. Hopefully it will arrive soon.

Laurie

eshlemania
    10-27-2008, 11:28 PM
    This week I'm doing TWO super slow. Man, it's great. Really, really intense with tons of form tips and explanations. I have only gotten as far as HDs. I did it Fri and today. I feel like every layer of my muscles are tired and relaxed. I love the way my back feels when I do the Super Slow.

Laurie, let us know how that works for you.

Bev

Comment

lotsakids

10-28-2008, 10:28 AM
      Thank you Cheryl for taking time out of your busy life to do this thread.
      Dear Laurie,
      I am popping in to give you some encouragement. As you may have read, I am a Turtle Tappper too. I believe it was partly because of inflammation caused by not-so-smart stuff that I had tried over the years to "fool" my body into losing weight. That is what i love about T-Tapp. It helps the body help itself naturally. Consistency and form were factors in the beginning too. I had that "all or nothing" mindset. Once I got the concept that "less is more", it really helped.
      Here is a real life story of one of my clients. She inspires me because she has been so very busy living her life to the fullest with her job & family & other commitments, yet she pops in with a smile)every morning that she can at 5:15 or 5:30am to work out with me or she works out on her own at home or comes to an evening class. She has lost over 60 inches since January. (post hysterectomy and over 50 too!)She has only done total a few times at my workshops & classes. She was a big fan of Step Away in the beginning and still loves it. She is now doing great with Basic Plus and some floor also.
      Working with her, inspired this Happy Tapper Theme song, "A little T-Tapp each day, helps melt inches away. Have you done your T-Tapp, today?"
      (Other factors to consider=H2O,rest,eating clean, salt baths)
      Sincerely,

Carol Heinrich

goddess in training
      10-28-2008, 12:13 PM
      Hi Fellow Turtles - I started TTapp this spring. Have I lost any inches? No! Have I lost any weight? No!! Am I frustrated? Yes!!!!

On the positive, I feel well and I believe I have more energy. I definitely have more definition at my waist line (I am fighting the 50 year old expansion in that area) It seems like when I consistently TTapp, my thighs bulk up to the point that my pants are not comfortable. When I stop, they go back down. I have worked hard on form; I know I am probably not doing everything right, but I feel like I am improving.

I started my own sixty day challenge to gear up for the holidays. My program is TTapp Tempo every other day. On the alternate day, I walk/run on the treadmill anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour. Is it possible I am overtraining?

I love TTapp Tempo. I also just received Super Slow, which I would like to fit in maybe once a week, if possible. It is a pretty big time committment to do it all in one setting.

I would appreciate advice! Thanks!!!

layla

faith458
      10-28-2008, 06:17 PM
      Thank you Carol. That is a large part of my frustration. I've been tapping consistently, trying to eat clean, drinking water, and nothing. I almost quit this morning. I wore a pair of pants that fit 2 weeks ago and they are now too tight. I know my form is better and the results are that I am bigger. Not losing was bad enough, but getting bigger is demoralizing. Layla, I feel your frustration. Feeling better and loving the workouts is what has kept me going. That being said, if I continue to get bigger, I'm going back to walking and weight training. I know I lost with that. No matter how good I feel, I can't continue to do put time into a program that makes me larger.

Laurie

gitawaysticks
      10-28-2008, 06:33 PM
      Hi Everyone....Laurie, I sure do feel your pain. Just yesterday I had to buy bigger girl pants and they were two sizes bigger! My friends and family didn't understand my distress. But we know it's very disheartening to work hard and see little results. The thing I keep reminding myself of is that I do feel better since starting T Tapp. That I can feel things going on internally and perhaps it will take time to see them externally.

I was only doing BWO+, OIP, HF & HD's five days a week. I've decided to add in TWO 2-3 days week, still with two days off to see if that jump starts things a bit. This doesn't cross the line to overtraining does it? I was a little sore after my first TWO, but it passed soon enough.

Jackie

goddess in training
      10-28-2008, 08:10 PM
      Hi Laurie - I am really on the verge of going back to running/walking. I have invested a lot of time and money in TTapp, but I have to admit I am ready to give up on it. I'll give it a little more time, but I have just about had it!!! I hate to be negative, but I can't figure out why it isn't working for me! I have really worked hard on form and consistency. I kinow we are all different - maybe it just isn't for me.

layla

TNVicki
      10-28-2008, 08:50 PM
      Ladies, I feel your pain. Before I became a trainer, I also had some form issues and got a little larger before I got smaller. If you're not working out with a mirror, do so to check your form. It's very easy to let your form slip without you realizing it. Especially check your hip to shoulder alignment. Be sure your knees are bent deep. Stand up facing a wall with your toes touching the wall. Bend your knees until they touch the wall. THAT'S how deep your knees should be.

I also was overtraining. Less truly is more with T-Tapp. You have to listen to your body. If you're gaining inches, it could be that you're doing too much for YOUR body. Personally, I cannot do more than BWO+ 5-6 days a week. If I do TWO, it's only 2, maybe 3 times a week MAX with at least two days off (no BWO). My days off truly need to be days off with nothing more than PBS and HDs. Now, that's just me, but it could answer some of your questions. BTW, I'm 45, a true combo, and 5'8".

The next thing to consider is whether you're eating enough. That's right...enough. Eat good healthy whole foods. This is not the time ot skimp on calories. It will backfire. Your body uses calories not only for the workout but for the rebuilding it's doing internally.

Lastly, don't give up. Your body will change as it does T-Tapp. Things will shift and appear to be fat increase. Relax, stay away from the scale (and sometimes the measuring tape). Also, make sure you measure after your muscles have had a chance to de-swell, maybe a day or two after your last workout.

Hope this helps.

Vicki Drobnis

chercher1
      10-28-2008, 10:24 PM
      Hey all! I have been busy working and I am trying to catch up on all the posts.

Laurie - please email me at cheryl@t-tapp.com. In the email, please tell me exactly how much and what workouts you have done over the last 2 weeks. I am confused. I thought we agreed a few weeks ago that you were going to drop your 2 short workouts and only do 3 T-Tapp workouts. Hmmmm,??? Also give me an idea of a typical food day for you.

For now, I want you to take 2 full days off - -no walking no tapping nothing. Mandatory rest period but you must drink lots of water and eat good healthy food. I am sorry you are feeling so discouraged. We will get you back on track - -promise.

Welcome all the new Turtle tappers!!! Everyone is welcome to join at any time.

I am pretty exhausted tonight and I have to work again tomorrow. Will catch up some more tomorrow night and Thursday.

hugs to all

Cheryl Dodd, RN BSN

chercher1
      10-28-2008, 10:26 PM
      OOh almost forgot---Nanburr way to go on the consistency on OIP/HF - -I am not surprised. Congrats on fitting into the dress,

Cheryl Dodd, RN BSN

lotsakids
      10-28-2008, 10:50 PM
      Vicki-I get into overtraining easily too. ??Wonder if that is common among TurtleTappers?? I over did it at the 2008 Fit and Fabulous retreat (8 workouts to my max in 3 days--could barely hold the form by #9--I knew better, but it was so fun and exciting working out with Teresa Tapp herself--live and in person!!)I had to take some time off and my max is not back to where it was before. I am trying to be so careful not to let that happen to my clients.
      Laurie & Layla-you might consider calling the T-Tapp office for advice [those girls have been working with Teresa for years & are very helpful--free technical support is just a phone call away] or working with a trainer. If there is not one near you, several of the trainers help people long distance via video coaching or web cam.(I Tapped for 9 months before going to a workshop with Senior T-Tapp Trainer Annette Kunde. It made a difference for me everytime that I got help from a trainer or Teresa. Now I get to be one of those people to help others get results.& I still get tweaked by Teresa and other trainers to help me improve---we all are progressing!!)
      Jackie-was it the same brand? I vary up to 2 sizes when I buy different brands and even different styles within the brand.
      Ladies-I have such a busy schedule over the next few months that I probably won't be able to pop in. I have some open houses and my new classes are beginning. I have been asked to come to a new location to teach T-Tapp! I still have 6 kids at home, so I can't be on the computer too much.
      Another key for me was to relax & focus on a realistic plan. I had to get my focus off of my size and weight.
      There are so many supportive, wonderful Tappers on this forum. Support is another key.
      I hope this helps you.
      Sincerely, a fellow TurtleTapper,

Carol Heinrich

TNVicki
      10-28-2008, 11:08 PM
      Just finished BWO+ with a couple of sets of hoe downs thrown in for good measure. I'm dripping!

Another tip...when tucking think to curl your core and flatten your back as much as possible. Once Teresa said that to me in 2007, it all clicked. I wasn't tucking enough. It's made a big difference in the intensity I feel and improved my back pain.

Carol, you could be right about the overtraining with us Turtles. We've all heard "no pain, no gain" for so long and about how we should be exercising for 30-60 minutes a day to lose weight. With the comprehensive muscle activation with T-Tapp, 15 minutes a day is enough.

Off to shower before bed! G'night ladies!

Vicki Drobnis

Comment

gitawaysticks
        10-29-2008, 12:43 PM
        I had a mini "ah-ha" moment last night. I knew that I was having trouble keeping my butt tucked, so the focus of my workout last night was keeping an eye on bending my knees deep enough, maintaining KLT and KEEPING THAT BUTT TUCKED. It meant that sometimes I was only able to do 3 or 4 reps (I'd have to stop and reset), but they were really good reps, I believe. And of course, as all the trainers say, I was sweating a lot more through the work out and I think my heart rate was a bit higher.

I don't know if it helps anyone that is new like me, but I get kind of confused during the workouts sometimes. I like to blame it on brain fog from thyroid [ ] So after my workout and shower, I review the moves that confuse me more closely in my book. Each day more and more things are clicking Thanks for the good tips/thoughts, Carol and Vicki, they really do help.

Jackie

faith458
        10-29-2008, 09:58 PM
        Hi Cheryl. I emailed you. I was doing only 3 workouts per week. I added walking this week in hopes that I would start losing weight. I know my form has gotten better because I am sore after every workout. I forgot to ask a question. I just joined habit formers. If I take 2 days off this week, I won't meet my workout requirements. I have an allergy shot on Friday and they often make me sick. I know, it's supposed to work the other way, but it doesn't. I may have to take 2 days off next week because I'm going to NC on a college visit with DS. I hate to not get my workouts in on 2 weeks. I'm nervous because I have a hard time getting back on track when I stop working out consistently. Which is how I gained back some of the weight and inches I lost last year. I had surgery and had to stop working out for awhile. Starting back in December became starting back for a week in April and then consistently at the end of June. [:I]

Laurie

nanburr
        10-29-2008, 11:42 PM
        Laurie and others who are discouraged:

Here again is another instance where, they say, if you keep working at it, you may have an "a-ha" moment. Case in point: my legs are my biggest part of me. They have always been my blobbiest area! All exercise has traditionally made them bigger - I work for many weeks and finally improved the tone for a few days, and then the blobs are back with a vengeance. SO discouraging! I am green with envy for the lanky legs that other ST's have. BUT...

I think I just learned something about the way I've been doing plies. Being a short torso, I have to work really hard at tucking butt. And of course, "knees out" is another thing to work on especially hard. When Teresa says to "tuck harder" when your arms go above the head, I work on that so much and pushing out knees, that EVEN THOUGH I KNOW that it is important NOT TO RELAX the legs at all during plies, and I THINK I'm not, I do believe I have been relaxing them a little bit all along. Why? Because #1: When I got away from plies for a bit by concentrating on BWO+, the legs shrank! And it was good shrinking, not ugly, blobby shrinking. And #2: When I went back and tried plies again, all at once I felt much more muscle activation in a way I never had before. It happened, I believe, because I was trying to add in no big toe/tighten the lower legs more, at the same time I pushed knees out. (I hope all this is safe for knees.) There is definitely more muscle activation all the way up and down the plie now. It's like I suddenly learned how not to relax. I'm still not doing plies every day. Whatever! Who cares?! The legs are thinner. Not THIN, but on their way. They look very different when wearing pants, and also - shock! - without pants!!! (Especially first thing in the morning upon arising.) Isn't this what I wanted? Now, the question is, WILL IT LAST?!

Thanks for the encouragement, Cheryl!
        I'm still doing the program!

Nancy

faith458
        10-30-2008, 07:00 PM
        Cheryl, I did realize I could take Friday and Saturday off. Is that okay? Thank you Nancy. I've really been working on ball joint, knee out, etc. I can feel it so much more in my thighs. I was all excited figuring that they would start shrinking, but alas it has just made them bigger. I'm still hoping we'll figure this out and they'll start shrinking. They sure don't need to be bigger.[:0] That would be too scary. I appreciate everyone's help and encouragement so much!

Laurie

twiddles
        10-30-2008, 07:13 PM
        Laurie ~ sorry to hear of the gain you had. Yeah, that's definitely not what we're after. My thighs/butt have always been my area of biggest concern and see to always be the hardest area to shrink for me, so I'm really hoping that doesn't happen to me. I'm excited to hear you report an "aha" moment or share with us your loss soon.

I hope I'm not jinxing myself by telling others, but today is my 4th day of doing Instructional #1 + HD and OIP (Can't do HF due to a back injury; this motion is extremely irritating right now), so that means tomorrow I'm doing to BWO+/HDs/OIP everyday for a while. I must have the world's weakest arms though, because the arms/plies sequence always gets me -- my arms are tired just from doing the arms alone, and then she has to do them with the plies yet! lol I think I need to work on my form with the plies, because I really don't feel it in my thighs at all, just mainly my butt from tucking hard. It's always something new to work on, which is one reason I love it so!

Kelly

eshlemania
        10-30-2008, 07:38 PM
        Just made it all the way through Super Slow for the first time. I had only made it through the HD's before. All layers of muscles are tired. Even when I only made it through the HD, I waited two days before doing a full workout again. It's that intense for me.

Yesterday I did foot fitness.

I liken my t-tapp journey to a roller coaster ride. Sometimes I gain, others I lose. As long as over the long haul, the losing wins. I only measure every six months or so and I NEVER use the scales. I love the way t-tapp makes me feel. My whole body is in much better shape than when I started-it's done it from the inside out. I just had to decide that I was in it to be healthy and give up the measuring and weighing. It was just too frustrating. I felt like I was trying to pull something that was chained to a post-getting nowhere very very slowly. Once I gave it up, it was much better.

I understand the frustration. Please take heart. We are all pulling for you.

Bev

faith458
        10-30-2008, 09:08 PM
        Okay, I had an aha moment this afternoon. During plies, I really tried to concentrate on bbj, no big toe, knees out, etc. I figured out that I don't do that as well during plies as I do during arms. Thanks Nancy. But I got to thinking, something has happened in the last few weeks/month. I wasn't really losing before, but I wasn't gaining. I figured I have to be doing something different. My husband came home near the beginning arms and I asked him to look at my alignment again. I figured out that I've been leaning too far back. I asked him the other night during the 2nd 1/2 of PBS, but I thought maybe it was just that way with the arms back. I think when I started bending my knees more and tucking more, I started leaning back more. I don't think I was leaning back that far before. He helped me get into correct alignment and I did arms in the correct alignment. I know because I kept asking him. It's a good thing he came home. My 17 year old DS now runs when he hears me call him into the room when I'm doing t-tapp. He now just yells from the other room, Yes your back is flat, your leg is straight, etc. Could this make the difference?

Laurie

TNVicki
        10-30-2008, 09:29 PM
        quote:Originally posted by faith458

Okay, I had an aha moment this afternoon. During plies, I really tried to concentrate on bbj, no big toe, knees out, etc. I figured out that I don't do that as well during plies as I do during arms. Thanks Nancy. But I got to thinking, something has happened in the last few weeks/month. I wasn't really losing before, but I wasn't gaining. I figured I have to be doing something different. My husband came home near the beginning arms and I asked him to look at my alignment again. I figured out that I've been leaning too far back. I asked him the other night during the 2nd 1/2 of PBS, but I thought maybe it was just that way with the arms back. I think when I started bending my knees more and tucking more, I started leaning back more. I don't think I was leaning back that far before. He helped me get into correct alignment and I did arms in the correct alignment. I know because I kept asking him. It's a good thing he came home. My 17 year old DS now runs when he hears me call him into the room when I'm doing t-tapp. He now just yells from the other room, Yes your back is flat, your leg is straight, etc. Could this make the difference?

Laurie
        Yes, it can! Your shoulders and hips need to be in alignment. If your son doesn't want to help try getting into plie position with your back against a wall. Really, really tuck and press your lower back into the wall. Your back and head should be flat against the wall. Now do the arm movements while holding the plie stance. Big difference!

I had a hankering to do Ladybug tonight, so I did the BWO portion of the standing workout and then the Ladybug POP. I'm still feeling it! All I got to do yesterday was PBS twice - once in the morning and once before bed. I just sleep so much better doing PBS before bed.

Hope everyone enjoys their Halloween! Remember your hoe downs after the candy!

Vicki Drobnis

Comment

faith458
          10-30-2008, 10:21 PM
          Thanks Vicki. I've tried the bend your knees into the wall. Now I'll try the arms section with my back against the wall.

Laurie

nanburr
          10-31-2008, 01:03 AM
          Yeah, isn't it neat and encouraging when you learn something new to try or to correct? That's great that your husband helped you see that.

Many are praising the SATI. I have noticed that if I take an evening walk using t-tapp principles, the next morning those thighs are much smoother and tighter-looking. I believe one key is the straight leg part (again, it's not letting the leg relax when it's completely extended.) I think from your experience, I'm gonna ask someone to look at me to see if I'm leaning back too much!

Nancy

kml
          10-31-2008, 11:07 AM
          Hi Y'all --

This is a brief check-in. I've been in Florida and working so hard during my "vacation" that I haven't had much time on the Forum. Glad to see this thread is continuing! Will be back home on Sunday and hopefully can be an active Turtle after that.

BTW, I've still been Tapping even though I'm away from home, which is a huge improvement for me!! Usually when I'm down here, I operate so much on beach time that I never manage to exercise.

Have a great weekend!

Krista

gitawaysticks
          10-31-2008, 04:36 PM
          Happy Friday all I decided this was a good week. Even though I missed a work out on Monday & Wednesday, I still managed to get three full workouts this week and of course HD's everyday after lunch.

Maybe it's wishful thinking, but my tummy actually seems flatter today The best part is I started back on my thyroid meds today, so hopefully inch loss will improve, or at a minimum not gain. Better yet, maybe the "brain fog" will lift a little and I will not get so confused at some of the movements My brain and arms just cannot seem to get it together during plies.

I can't suggest enough for us girls to make sure we get our thyroids checked once a year. Or if we are on medication and not feeling that well, to address this with our doctors and investigate the options. Thanks for letting my share my "up" moment, nah scratch that, I decided I'm going to have an up day. Hope you all are having up day too

Jackie

goddess in training
          10-31-2008, 07:45 PM
          I think I am finally getting the Less is More with TTapp thing figured out. I have backed off to doing TTapp Tempo every third day, trying to do a 45-60 minute walk-run most, but not all of the in-between days. This seems to be working better than anything I have done. I am a short torso, very long legged 5'8". I think half the battle is figuring out what works for each of us!! If I get tired of Tempo, I will substitute another TTapp workout, but so far, I like Tempo so much better than TWO, or instrucionals, even though I know I need to go back to them periodically. Maybe I will do Super Slow in place of one of the TTapp Tempos at least every other week. Good luck everyone in figuring out a plan that works for you - I know it has been a real struggle, and at times very frustrating for me!!

layla

TNVicki
          11-01-2008, 11:56 AM
          Good morning ladies!

This turtle is finally moving in the right direction! I weighed this morning (yeah, I know!) and I was down 2.5 pounds since last week! I was also down 1.25 inches, measuring only bust, waist, hips, and thighs (1 inch of that was in the hips!). Woo Hoo! That was with only 3 BWO+/Instructional 1 workouts and PBS, TTT, and HDs on those days I didn't have time. Each workout/exercise was done fully to my max (as my sore muscles attested to!).

LESS TRULY IS MORE WITH T-TAPP!

Vicki Drobnis

nanburr
          11-01-2008, 02:23 PM
          Still sticking to my program of BWO+ and OIP/HF everyday as much as I can. Yesterday I didn't do the entire BWO, but I made sure PBS and TTT got in there, plus the evening stuff. Also, since the weather was so wonderful, after all the Trick-or-Treaters were done coming to the door, I did a 25-min. walk trying to do t-tapp style. The backs of my thighs are a bit sore; I may have pulled something. I'd better not stop moving though; I was munching on Kit-Kats! Naughty girl! Thanks To Vicki, I remembered to do hoedowns afterward!

Nancy

MP1
          11-01-2008, 09:02 PM
          I finished my 18 days (17 actually because I missed last Sunday) of Inst. #1, OIP, HF,HD (four days), followed by BWO+, OIP, HF (14 days) - the first half of the four week schedule. Tomorrow, and for the next two weekends it will be PBS and HDs twice/day. M - F BWO+, OIP, HF. I always throw in a few extra sets of HDs during the day. I can't say that I have noticed any reduction anywhere. Actually, I am feeling a bit bigger. I'm hoping that this can be attributed to swelling. Anyway, I will continue for the next to weeks. I sure hope to be able to report some inch loss on Nov. 17.

Remember to "fall back" and turn your clocks back before going to bed tonight. I'm looking forward to that extra hour of sleep!

Mary

aml7357
          11-02-2008, 08:43 PM
          I would love to join the turtles. When I first found T-Tapp, I had great results...I went down 2 sizes(from a 16 to a 12) in the first 2 months of only doing BWO+. I got lazy and quit doing the worlouts and now several years later with health issues I am bakc at a 16. I have tried doing 14 day bootcamps but the results are not what I wanted. So, I get impatient and give up. Not very smart. I guess I have the "all or nothing" mindset.
          Angie

faith458
          11-02-2008, 09:08 PM
          Welcome to the turtles Angie. It's nice to have fellow turtles on the journey.

Laurie

stetiff
          11-03-2008, 09:48 AM
          I've fallen off the wagon a bit when it comes to posting my progress - I was ill and then things just got away from me....I still t-tapped though
          I've switched to using the Ladybug dvd exclusively after i received it in the mail since I have PCOS and I think it is causing my high blood sugar. I have been doing at least 2 to 3 of the standing ladybug workouts a week and the other days the Ladybug BWO portion and once a week, I do the floor workout (I don't particularly enjoy that portion).
          This has made such a difference in my results I am very encouraged! I have finally acheived the lovely tear drop shape in my arm muscles!! Yeah!!
          My torso is trimmer - I can fit back into my smaller sized old clothes which have been in cardboard boxes for 3 years...and my blood sugars are finally stabilising and also remaining more or less constant around TOM.
          I love it!!
          This coming week, I will concentrate on tucking more and flattening my back. Till the next update.....have a lovely week everyone!

Comment

chercher1
            11-03-2008, 11:04 PM
            Hey ladies! You are all doing so great. Just a quick note for now. I have been having some trouble with my internet connection which is making me CRAZY!!!!!!! I think I am going thru withdrawals!!!!!

Laurie- -good job on the a-ha moment. As Vicki mentioned leaning back will affect your results. Try to hold the plie squat so that you can focus on the squeeze and keep those thigh muscles tight. Patience!!!!! You are making awesome progress. One time doing instructionals this week so you can focus on your muscle awareness and really squeezing muscles TIGHT TIGHT TIGHT.

Remember your mind has to be engaged --no time to think about the grocery list or all the errands you need to be doing. Good reminder for everyone. Also try to do SATI or SITTM for one of your workouts this week to focus on BBJ/NBT while walking.

Stetiff - -great job on the workouts! Just remember it is recommended that you do Beg/Rehab or TWO or Tempo 1-2 times per week and only add in Ladybugs 1 time per week. Of course you can add Ladybug tweaks to any workout that you do.

For those of you embracing my less is more philosophy -- WOO HOO!! I love to hear that. I owe a few more of you personal comments -please forgive me it has been a LONG day and I haven*t had dinner yet and I have to work again tomorrow and it is gonna be another LONG 12 hour shift!!! So please forgive me.

Keep working on stealth mode - -this is the time of year we need dto be forgiving of ourselves and take care to nurture ourselves - -more on this later!

So proud of all of YOU!!!

Cheryl Dodd, RN BSN

eshlemania
            11-03-2008, 11:11 PM
            Did Super Slow today. Really works me.

Cheryl, that is what I really love about t-tapp. There is no time to think about anything else. You have got to concentrate hard on what you are doing. That makes the workouts go by fast. Love it, love it!!

Bev

aml7357
            11-04-2008, 07:32 AM
            Hello fellow turtles,y'all have motivated me....seeing how I'm not the only one working out and not getting results. Cheryl, I am a cardiac patient thats why I have to do something. I get desperate I just don't want to ever have another heart attack. I have eight beautiful grandbabies that I want to see grow up. I lost my sister to morbid obesity last year. I have to continue to fight, for me...for my mom...for my grandbabies.

MP1 where did you find that 4 week schedule in the forums?
            I am starting a new bootcamp and thought I might give that a try. I did the Instruc #1 yesterday.

MP1
            11-04-2008, 09:36 AM
            Hi aml7357,

I found the schedule on a thread that, I believe, was about difficulty losing and time constraints. It was a schedule that Teresa suggested for someone who was short on time and wanted to go from a size 12 to a 10, or ideally an 8. Teresa said that if the individual followed the four week schedule, she would most likely be at least a 10 at the end of it.

To recap for you, the schedule is as follows:
            4 days Instr. #1, HD, OIP, HF followed by 14 days BWO+, OIP, HF.
            For the next two weeks M - F BWO+, OIP, HF with only PBS and two sets of HDs on weekends (both on Saturday and Sunday).

Good luck.

Mary

catzrule
            11-04-2008, 09:53 AM
            Hey girls, I'm still here

Got my first REAL workout in last night. I did MORE and forgot it was 40 minutes. I was looking to do a quick 20 minute workout. Um, no.

I'm glad I did it though. It was slow, it was painful, but it was GOOD!

Cheryl

stetiff
            11-04-2008, 12:15 PM
            Cheryl...I read your comments and have taken it on board. I did TWO tonight instead of the standing LB. But I must say I LOVE the Ladybug dvd!!
            My question though is why is it not recommended to do the LB dvd all the time? Not trying to be obstinate but just wanted to know why
            I was going to ask if I can do the BWO of LB instead of BWO+ on the alternate days - but I think I know what you're going to say....

faith458
            11-04-2008, 09:04 PM
            Thanks for the comments Cheryl. My aha moment led me to figure out why people always talked about their legs shaking. I have felt my arms shaking, but not my legs. Now that I am not leaning back I can feel my legs shaking. Woohoo! Today is the first day I have not felt like working out, but I did ladybug standing. I hadn't read your post first. I am so sore now. I will try to do SATI tomorrow and Tempo 2 on Thursday. I'm taking DS to Raleigh on Friday and won't get back until later Sunday, so I'm not sure how I'm going to get 3 full WOs this week. I'm trying to pack as little as possible, so sneakers are probably not going. I'll work on the same plan next week.

Laurie

aml7357
            11-05-2008, 07:09 AM
            Thanks Laurie for welcoming me and thank you Mary for the workout plan....I think I can do that.

aml7357
            11-12-2008, 07:50 AM
            Did I run all the turtles off?

eshlemania
            11-12-2008, 12:35 PM
            Nope, still here. Kind of had an extended break over the weekend. Got started back in yesterday with my first HTF. Liked it alot. I don't have it all yet, cause it didn't seem as hard as other t-tapp, but I will get it. I hope to get it in once a week. I love the change up we have with T-tapp.

Hey, Turtles, how's it going?

Bev

nanburr
            11-13-2008, 11:24 AM
            Glad to have the Turtles back; I've missed everyone. Now I have done the first 4 days instructionals and first 2 weeks of BWO+ with OIP/HF. I just want to tell you all that this 52-year-old wore a pair of low-waist pants yesterday with NO MUFFIN TOP! I dare you to tell me that isn't cool. And with a clingy turtleneck, no less. The reason I dared to do this is because I've been doing those OIP/HF. Remember when I didn't believe they could really help? Well, now I'm afraid to quit doing them!

I like low waist pants because I'm so short-waisted, but I think it looks terrible to have fat blobs hanging out over the top of the waistband. So even though I'm not losing buckets of weight, something good is happening; Turtles, don't give up! I have two more weeks of the program - now it's every other day. Do you really think a mere EOD of BWO+ (with those famous OIP/HF) is enough? I sure don't want to go backward!

bursante

Comment

gitawaysticks
              11-13-2008, 04:28 PM
              Nancy that is terrific about the pants and weight loss!!! Keep up the great work. I've been losing inches, not in the exact places I was hoping, but it's a loss nonetheless and I'll take it. I've noticed the "stuff" in my belly shifting upward. I think I've read that this can happen and eventually it will burn off. I also starting brushing a couple of weeks ago and I think that is helping too. Again, great job!

Jackie

jennpleez
              11-14-2008, 03:11 PM
              I guess I'm a turtle too and I've been so discouraged until I read something that one of the turtles said in another thread about not doing a BC and getting better results by doing less workouts.

Maybe that's what I need to do. Maybe trying to do it full throttle, failing and then quitting has not been the best cycle for me? [:I]

Anyway, I'm encouraged to start back up and take it slower and see what happens this time...

nanburr
              11-15-2008, 01:35 AM
              You know, Jennpleez, you may really be onto something. I'm convinced each person has to find his/her own best personal routine. Charlotte keeps saying that it isn't how many boot camps, it's consistency. Lani convinced me of this, too. What am I doing consistently? (Am I consistently giving up after a couple of weeks of overtraining, for instance?) That's why I started this 4 week thing, not doing the TWO for awhile, but just BWO+ with some evening OIP/HF thrown in. Doing this consistently. It doesn't seem like very much work after trying to do TWO 3 - 5 times a week (which was leaving me bigger instead of smaller), but I did go down, and so far that has stayed the same except my midriff area is getting thinner (yahoo!) I truly enjoy (and miss) some of the TWO moves and occasionally add one or two. I think I will get to the point where I want to, say, add TTT every day consistently. Or TTN. Maybe I will do TWO once a week. But I really like it when Cheryl gives a specific suggestion to try every day for a fixed amount of time. It helps ward of boredom, yet helps me get better at something by concentrating on it. And not overdoing it! Don't give up. I've been trying to do this for a year and I'm still figuring out what works for me.

Nancy

eshlemania
              11-15-2008, 08:27 AM
              Last night I got in TWO Super Slow thru HD"S. It really works me. I noticed the last time I used this with some consistancy, my hip pads diminished and I lost some on my waist. So, I'm going back to it. I think that the new TTT tweaks make the diff for me.

Here's your bump, Donna.

Bev

jennpleez
              11-15-2008, 01:53 PM
              Nancy, what you said in your post makes sense to me. Acutally, it gives me hope.
              I feel the same way about missing some of the moves from the TWO. I really enjoy the challenge, but it's not doing me any good if it keeps me from doing *anything* for so long after, right?

I haven't really tried any T-Tapp since starting the armour and vitamin D, etc. My windows of 'enough energy to do anything extra' are short lived, but I will do HD whenever I can. And I did OIP last night.

You know, one of the discouraging things about being a turtle was knowing about this amazing workout and not having the dramatic results to show off so that ppl would flock to it after hearing me tout it. Seems like all they had to go on was my word since they couldn't actually see the differences. (and understandably so since I have tried a lot of different things in the past. they prolly just thought this was another passing fancy of mine)

I know this is getting long, but I do want to say that I did initially lose about 20" when I started. Just between wearing myself down and getting discouraged because the inch loss didn't yield a change in dress size, and never getting quite up to snuff since my partial hysterectomy, I guess I sorta lost hope.

I'm remembering now that what I was doing when I lost those 20", or at least the first of them, was trying to figure out how to do PBS from the book. I didn't even have the DVD's at first, but making my way slowly - even haltingly - through PBS gave me amazing results!

Maybe I need to go back to square one and quit worrying about what I use to be able to do.

I'll make a plan. I'll share it too, and my progress if anyone is interested.

T-Tapp rocks. This turtle is gonna quit hiding in my shell all embarrassed about what I perceived as my failure at T-Tapp and start heading toward the finish line again.

Hows that for a cheesy, mushy sentiment? LOL

nanburr
              11-15-2008, 05:16 PM
              Jennpleez,

Well, I'M interested in hearing about your progress! I won't be the only one, either. You know, I finally got someone to try T-Tapp., just yesterday! (After I've been doing if for nearly a year!) She also has only the book. Remember how overwhelming is looks when you don't have the videos? I suggested she just work on getting PBS for awhile. That's what I did, too.

How long have you been on Armour and Vit. D? I went on thyroid, Vit. D, and lots of iron all at the exact same time that I started tapping. So, it's a bit hard to know what does what. Something is helping me with the energy (and we are talking dramatic results here), but it has been a gradual thing over the course of a year. I feel better now than I have in 18 years. But didn't happen all at once. I remember how the slightest exercise felt good for an hour afterward, but then I'd feel cold and need about three days to recuperate. Things are better now. Hang in there. The dr. says that all of the things I am doing contribute to the boost in energy. I have a feeling that because I have been so low in iron (and taking so long to build up the stores) that the iron is a big player in this.

I, like you, can lose quite a few inches without seeing a change in size. It's from being a combo - you lose all over, so it's less obvious. Still, you said 20" after just PBS. That's pretty impressive.

Thanks for reminding me: I forgot to do my hoe downs after lunch!

By the way, don't you live near Indianapolis? I live on the southeast side.

Nancy

faith458
              11-15-2008, 09:06 PM
              Nancy your post gave me some hope. I haven't posted on here in awhile. In a way I've sort of given up hope. I measured last week and after 5 months I've lost 1/2 inch in my waist and gained 1/2 inch in my hips and 1 inch in my thighs. Needless to say these were not the results I was looking for. Cheryl and others have helped me improve my form, but I seem to have not only gained back what very little I had lost, but actually grew. I have been very discouraged and haven't posted for that reason. I keep thinking it shouldn't be this hard. I know my form will never be perfect, but it shouldn't be this difficult to get it good enough to lose inches. I've tried cutting back to 3 full workouts a week. I was doing 3 full and 2 short workouts per week. I've had to buy bigger pants and my thighs are tight in others. So, this week I've started using my resistance bands again. I will be doing these 2-3 days per week. Sadly if this works and something has to go, it will probably be t-tapp. I'm glad that Nancy is seeing results with the shorter workouts because that is most likely what I'll switch to. I still love the way t-tapp makes me feel. I could really tell a difference when I was away this past weekend and I didn't have time to do t-tapp. I wish t-tapp worked for me. I'm beginning to think that maybe it is just not going to work for me. I can feel more muscles in my thighs and arms. I can see some definition in my arms, but very little change since the summer. I need to start losing inches. I see the dr. Tuesday, so maybe she has some advice. We'll see how it goes. Sorry for the long, pessimistic post. I'm hoping when I get super slow that maybe that will kick start things. Still clinging to that thread of hope.

Laurie

jennpleez
              11-16-2008, 02:01 AM
              Nancy, I'm in Terre Haute. Did I meet you and then forget?[:I][B)] I'm so sorry if I did. (hoping that forgetful part of all this will get better too!) Your name sounds familiar now...

I need to clarify that I didn't lose all 20" just from PBS. That is just how I started and that slow type of progress is how I lost quite a few of those first inches. Didn't mean to mislead anyone there. [:I]
              (plus I've gained them back and they brought friends this time)

I found an NP there in Indy that I feel is much more aware of and coming from a holistic approach than any doctor I've ever had. She got me started on the thyroid meds and vitamin D, measured dose of progesterone cream from a compounding pharmacy, DHEA and iodoral for the armour to be absorbed correctly. Plus a few misc things like B and C, but I think those others are the biggest ones.
              I just started on those earlier this year. My surgery was in October last year.

Thank you so much for your support. It means a ton, as you probably know from having been there. so thanks again, and I'll keep you posted how I go!

aml7357
              11-16-2008, 11:41 AM
              Sorry for the long, pessimistic post. I'm hoping when I get super slow that maybe that will kick start things. Still clinging to that thread of hope.
              Laurie

Comment

duckygee
                11-16-2008, 06:59 PM
                Thanks for the bump.

I am Donna and have used ttapp for about 6 weeks. My physical results are disencouraging, but having a workout I look forward to is encouraging.

I may bore some of you because I think I respond to another post, but my darling cat Nathan has a habit of walking across my laptop keyboard at times, so I am not sure what happened.

I read the postings and went to a workshop on Sat that Cat (not Nathan, a real person) instructed. Intense only begins to describe, still a little sore in my thighs.

Anyway, keep posting I am so grateful to find a turtle group where people just don't get the quick fantastic physical results from ttapp.

quote:Originally posted by eshlemania

Last night I got in TWO Super Slow thru HD"S. It really works me. I noticed the last time I used this with some consistancy, my hip pads diminished and I lost some on my waist. So, I'm going back to it. I think that the new TTT tweaks make the diff for me.

Here's your bump, Donna.

Bev

eshlemania
                11-16-2008, 11:59 PM
                Donna,
                Glad you found us. [8D] Cheryl has given us a new turtle thread with things for us to concentrate on this week. So everybody will be posting there.

See you there. [ ]
                Bev

eshlemania
                11-17-2008, 12:00 AM
                quote:Originally posted by eshlemania

Donna,
                Glad you found us. [8D] Cheryl has given us a new turtle thread with things for us to concentrate on this week. So everybody will be posting there.

See you there. [ ]
                Bev

aml7357
                11-17-2008, 07:55 AM
                I didn't do that right. I was trying to quote Laurie and I didn't get it to underline. Anyway, I hope it is a great week for everyone.
                Angie

nanburr
                11-17-2008, 11:40 PM
                Did you all read the "First Anniversary Thread" by CeeCeeSun? Wow. Where would I be if it weren't for all of you out there telling your stories and sharing our griefs?! I know I wouldn't be still tapping. If I had not found the forum, I would not have realized new things to try to improve my max, I would not have made myself tapp on a day (like today) when it's late and I haven't found the time yet (I AM going to do it when I get off the computer! All because of you guys!) - and I'll bet I wouldn't have gone on to try the brushing, and I wouldn't have bought my Sketchers (which make a huge difference in getting to my max), and no doubt I wouldn't have seen much more than the initial tiny difference I got at the very beginning. I would have quit before I learned about rolling up on TTT (smaller midriff!) and I would still have hulkier shoulders because I wouldn't have realized I shouldn't be using my traps (thank you for correcting me, Cheryl and others) and by the way, they look trimmer; and I've had compliments on my posture by a PT who sits near me in church! Oh, and I wouldn't have found out about last April's clinic in Indianapolis. Jennpleez, I was there for about the last two hours, so I don't know if we met or not. I just know I still felt very new, and there were all these new moves and tweaks (I now think they were Ladybug things) that I'd never seen, and I thought I was gonna die after only two hours (including the break!) I ate non-stop for two days afterward! (How do you survive Safety Harbor?!) Anyway, I'm grateful to have seen just a little of the clinic because I saw all these other people doing it, and you all seemed so nice and committed to tapping; and to see that Teresa REALLY looks like that in person and is so encouraging - well, that surely made a difference, too. Thanks, everyone, for taking the time to share. I guess I'm running on because I'm overwhelmed by CeeCeeSun's story!

bursante

Comment

Working...
                X