Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The progression of T-Tapp part 2

Originallly posted by Cheryl Dodd Coale 09-29-2006, 10:19 PM
    Here's the link to the first thread https://forum.t-tapp.com/forum/main-...sion-of-t-tapp

So, you think you know T-Tapp?

So now that you have been tapping for several weeks or months - -do you think you know T-Tapp?

Now, is the BEST time for you to realize when the veterans and the Trainers say that Beg/Rehab gets HARDER the longer you have been tapping. How is this possible? Especially without adding reps or additional weight?

It’s truly simple. T-Tapp is all about COMPREHENSIVE muscle movements along with neuro-kinetic awareness.

Remember neuro-kinetic awareness is when we visualize, think and cause the muscles to respond. So for example I think to tighten my left bicep muscle. This signals my brain to send a signal down to my left bicep which results in my left bicep muscle to contract and tighten.

Over time and repetition, you have developed muscle memory. This means that your body knows intuitively how to “assume the position” – toes forward, hip width, bend those knees, tuck that butt, shoulders back and down. Your body knows the order of the moves of Beg/rehab and “what move comes next.”

Sounds good so far, doesn’t it?

Now, it’s time to learn how to incorporate COMPREHENSIVE muscle movements. This means that you are able to incorporate as many muscles as possible in each and every move!!! More muscles working - - more muscles that are burning calories, more muscles able to push that FAT up and OUT!!!!

(Remember we learned in part 1 how muscles that are relaxed will bulk and muscles that are engaged and tight will cinch in and get long and lean!)

Now, let’s get into our T-Tapp basic stance - -toes forward, hip width, bend knees, tuck butt, belly button to spine, chest lifted, shoulders up back and down so lats are engaged. Now, PAUSE! Are you calves tight? Quads? Hamstrings? Gluts? Abs, biceps, lats? Triceps? Etc.

If not - - they should be!!!! Okay that was rep 1 - - now are you ready for rep #2? Continue and repeat until rep #8. Feel a difference.

I’ll give you an example of something that happened to me in January at Trainer certs. One of the trainers was certifying and she was teaching Hoedowns. I decided now would be a good time for me to work on a new tweak that Teresa showed me which had to do with pressing my low back so that there was no curve in my spine. I was concentrating so hard on my low back that I “forgot” to pay attention to my knees being bent (or lack thereof!) Teresa of course, caught me and pointed it out in the middle of the reps. “Cheryl, what happened? Bend those knees!!!”
    I looked up - -sure that she was talking to ‘some other Cheryl’ because my knees had to be bent. Of course that was not to be the case. Teresa was looking at me with a puzzled look on her face. I immediately bent my knees deeper and continued on with the rest of the reps.

I give you this example to demonstrate how easily we can ‘forget’ one basic thing because we are concentrating so hard on something else.

Here’s an example - - on the up down movement on plies – instead of thinking “Gosh, this is rep 4 – I’m halfway through and will soon be down with plies.” Now try thinking – (as you lower down) knees out, butt tucked, squeeze those quads, hamstring, gluts, oh my – Tummy tight, OH my how this burns, tuck and squeeze harder, squeeze, squeeze, squeeze (as you come up). No time to rest. How does Teresa make this look so easy. There’s still OMG 3 more reps to go. (lower back down) get those knees out, knees out, tuck, tuck, tuck, no weight on that big toe, tummy still tight. Etc. You get the idea. This is why your MIND gets as much of a workout as your body!

Try doing this the next time you workout and let me know if your workout was any different or not! You don’t need a new workout tape in order to challenge your body - -you just need to use your MIND – which sends that signal from the brain to the muscle and makes the muscle contract!

Now, you know the secret to neuro-kinetic awareness and Comprehensive muscle movements in order to progress t

Cheryl Dodd Coale BSN, RN, CCRN, FCCS
    T-Tapp Trainer, Maryland
    Last edited by Forum Angel; 04-13-2016, 10:16 AM.

QE3

10-20-2006, 09:54 AM
    oh, so true so true~! Last year it was ribs up for me in Tampa, this year, shoulders back and down and 2 inches went flying off my above bust measurement in 3 days, hehe. I've been Tapping for 3 years, this was my 3rd retreat, plus I get to see Kirsten, Mondo Fabo Trainer Extraordinaire LOTS, so you'll get it when your body has the muscle awareness to get it.

Kate

DollieJ
    10-21-2006, 01:46 AM
    Whew!![B)] Thanks Cheryl. I tried to focus on tightening all my muscles and was Way worn out when I finished my workout. It was a LOT harder to keep my form and I found myself adjusting all the time, but that will come with time.

Thanks for both your posts on the progression of t-tapp. Good informaiton we all need to know.

-Dollie

Jackie

10-21-2006, 12:35 PM
    Hi Cheryl!

Thanks for another great post. I've been tapping for years and still consider myself a "learner". I've just spent the last 2 hours revisiting the "must read thread" and the old articles. I don't know how you trainers remember all that you need to but I'm really grateful that you do!! There is no way I could Tapp to music, I have to really listen and concentrate the whole way and even then I miss things! One of these days I'm going to get myself to a retreat but until then, thank you and the rest of the trainers for all the form tips/how to's and other advice that you share [^]

Kate40541

03-10-2007, 05:31 PM
    I also thank you for posting this - I'm reading and rereading everything I can find about t-tapp. I do have a question, I think I read that Instructional #1 is considered to be "slow"? I've only been able to do it once before our dvd player quit working but gee, Teresa seemed to be zipping right along!

I'm staying here because I love the whole idea of T-Tapp!

Suzanne

Requin
    12-11-2007, 05:39 PM
    quote:Now try thinking – (as you lower down) knees out, butt tucked, squeeze those quads, hamstring, gluts, oh my – Tummy tight, OH my how this burns, tuck and squeeze harder, squeeze, squeeze, squeeze (as you come up). No time to rest. How does Teresa make this look so easy. There’s still OMG 3 more reps to go. (lower back down) get those knees out, knees out, tuck, tuck, tuck, no weight on that big toe, tummy still tight. Etc.
    Yup, that's pretty much what I'm always thinking... Especially the OMG part...

I like doing t-tapp without the video so I can slow down and really focus on form sometimes, but I find then I take longer breaks between movements... because everything BURNS...

DHall
    12-12-2007, 12:10 PM
    Thanks Cheryl! This is fantastic. I can show it to my friends when they get to that first plateau, as well as for great education!!

Dorothy Hall

Comment

Working...
    X