X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plataeu Affect with inches?

Originally posted by Dantheman 01-30-2008, 01:22 PM

Hello everyone,

Yes, losing inches is a goal for many of us who have joined the T-Tapp program. There are periods when inches loss slows or even starts moving in the wrong direction and our frustration builds. However, this “Plateau Affect” can be reversed and you can continue on your way to T-Tapp Success. T-Tapp is a progressive form of exercise. In the beginning of your journey, like learning to ride a bike you had to learn to balance your body over two wheels. With T-Tapp in the begining your concentration was or should have been focused on proper T-Tapp Form for each move. And once you became familiar with the moves (BIKE) and the workout sequence you have been able to simulate the program with a certain level of proficiency and your inches began to reduce.(You began peddling for small straight distances). That’s Good! Over time, your body adapts to exercise and it lets you know it by maintaining inches!! That’s OK but not the goal! (Now you want to learn how to ride in circles)
    While in this “Plateau” period your body is in affect saying, if that is all the energy you want to expend during your workout, then I am more than happy to keep what I have and I don’t care if you have met you goal or not. OH,NO NOW WHAT? ( I am afraid to turn the handle bars!!) My body has shut down and I am going to have to stay this size (I’ll just ride in a straight line and the heck with turning or just walk my bike where I want to go!) Don’t do that!

The proven formula for T-Tapp is: Proper FORM, Isometric Contractions and Consistency! What part of the formula have you been missing? (Turning the bike requires a certain level of balance, speed and actually turning of the handle bars and of course some practice).

Apply MORE intensity in each workout. Progression is made by taking your Personal Max to higher levels. When was the last time you sweated like you did doing you first Boot camp workouts? When was the last time you checked your knee height in Balance to see if came up above your waist? How much internal resistance have you increased in your arm movements during Pleas or the Arm sequence since you started T-Tapp? Are you doing these types of evaluations? Maybe you have learned to do a U-turn on our bike by now. Two U-turns will get you back to where you began…even though it’s not a full circle…. PROGRESSION! CHALLENGE YOUR SELF but don’t sacrifice Proper Form. That’s a falling of the bike experience, Don’t do that!

A few words about Consistency! Consistency is often thought as doing your workouts Every Other Day or per schedule. In the T-Tapp workout program it implies a bit more than that. Consistency is to be used in each and every move and repetition applying Proper Form going to your Personal Max! One can expect to BOBBLE, even after months, or years, “IF” you are willing to challenge your Personal MAX! (Racing, Tour de France)

YES YOU CAN!!

Danthenman
    Senior T-Tapp Trainer
    Middletown, De.

crimson_gray
    01-30-2008, 02:05 PM

So True! Thanks Danthenman!

Kayla Howard
    T-Tapp Trainer

sk8rgrrl
    01-30-2008, 03:11 PM

Great post! We were just discussing this in Diane Adamick's clinic on Saturday. I think it's difficult for many newbies to "get" the fact that they have to create resistance and continue to challenge themselves.... until they attend an event and see a trainer really pushing themselves and others.

BIG HUGS!

--Jen

monica213
    01-30-2008, 10:26 PM

Well said Dan. Thanks.

Michelle Barbuto - Senior T-Tapp Trainer

lotsakids
    01-30-2008, 11:57 PM

Dan--I like your message and your writing style.
    Thanks!

Carol Heinrich
    T-Tapp Trainer, NW-IL

adarix
    02-01-2008, 12:45 PM

Hi Dan!

Your post is very profound! As Jen stated, we discussed this at my last Ttapp clinic and I have to tell you, it appeared to be a real eye-opener for everyone in attendance (accept maybe for Jen as she has heard me preach about this before!)

I wish I had more time to write out some concrete examples, so maybe I'll get a chance to do so later. In the meantime, if anyone can share some examples, I am sure it would be appreciated by all!

Happy Ttapping!

Diane Adamick
    Ttapp Trainer - Michigan

Sue From Indy
    02-05-2008, 09:45 PM

Dan.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

This post should be among the Must Read Threads for All T-Tappers!

Sue

Comment

Working...
    X