Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exercises for tennis elbow

Originally posted by las 01-24-2008, 02:42 PM

I have just been diagnosed with a severe case of tennis elbow. My elbow is never completely pain free and the Dr. told me to wear a band for this at all times. My questions are these; 1) What exercises are best to help heal tennis elbow? and 2) Should I wear the band while exercising? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Linda

catzrule
    01-24-2008, 03:10 PM

Linda, I've got it too and have been exercising with the wrist brace that the orthopaedic doc gave me (keeps me from bending my wrist up and irritating the muscle). I found that when I was doing PBS with the towel, I was bending my wrists and really straining the muscle/tendon.

Annette posted back to me on my original query about tennis elbow and gave me some good tips. I have pain when I fully extend my arm and when I flex the wrist, so I just try to go to the best I can without causing pain and reinjuring.

Do a search on tennis elbow, you'll find lots here

You have my sympathies, they say this can take up to a year to heal.

Cheryl

Dantheman
    01-25-2008, 01:15 PM

Hi Linda,
    I have experienced a few flare-ups with Tennis Elbow. What I found was the position of the elbow, degree of bend or alignment and angle of wrist while gripping that elevated the pain intensity. You should ware your brace as instructed by Dr. at all times including your exercise workouts and when sleeping. Be aware of the movements that are aggravating the elbow and try to modify as needed. For instance, if Squeezing Donut Hands during Pleas moves, then keep hands in a mitten position. Or if you are experiencing pain Pull BIG W’s, do extended arms, reaching out to sidewalls (with straight wrist), mitten hand and thumb towards the back wall, down level with shoulders and back up. KEEP THOSE LATS and TUCK TIGHT!

Tennis Elbow is one of those aliments where there is no Quick Fix. The most important thing to remember is to limit or eliminate movements or activities that aggravate the condition. Once the elbow does begin to feel better continue to ware the brace for an addition 10 days or so. On your comeback it’s “Easy As She Goes”!
    Do the best you can.

Wishing you a fast and successful recovery,

Dantheman,
    Senior T-Tapp Trainer
    Middletown, De.

Comment

Working...
    X