X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T-Tapp and MEN!

Originally posted by 02-21-2007, 11:54 AM

T-Tapp and Men!
    I wouldn’t be the first man to say that after observing the T-Tapp workout to say, “I just don’t get it!” Many men, including many of the T-Tapp Forum DH’s have had some type of Sport, Military or Local Fitness Club experience. And all of these programs are built around resistive weight exercises, which are designed to build a muscle mass (bulk muscle tissue in the body of the muscle) for the given sport or for their specific goals. And that is not a bad thing. It’s their background and experience and what they know. To introduce a new form of exercise, Isometric’s, they need to experiment with it to fine its effectiveness. There are not many men around the world who would not think of Arnold Schwarzenegger in his prime as the Ultimate man’s physique. His body was build with weight resistant training and it was ALSOME! In the minds of men, that’s what he did, I’ll follow his example and off they go to a weight bench. But, if Arnold had to swim 100 yards, in his prime, your 14 year old swim team son or daughter would have had him beat after the 60 yard mark. BULK, doesn’t FLOAT! If he would have entered in a 5 K race, I would have beaten him. A sad truth. Bulk, limits Flexibility and Speed. But I could not have never lifted the 400 lb. dumbbell off the ground either. There are tools for this, work smarter not harder.

There was a man, which found Isometrics late in his career. His body, flexibility, reflex, speed and power was just as impressive as Arnold’s, just a not a huge. It built him to a level that has never been matched in his field. Rent a few of his movies and remember that his speed, power and kicks where before the days of “Digital Enhancement” capabilities. What he found was resistive weight training was slowing him down and Isometrics enabled him to maintain his strength while increasing his speed and flexibility. His name was Bruce Lee. If you want to show a man, the effectiveness of Isometrics, fine a poster of Bruce Lee and hang it in your Bedroom. This will spark a new platform of fitness and T-Tapp discussions!

Will T-Tapp offer men a body like Bruce Lee’s? Who knows? Teresa has trained, Olympians! Most of those guys have descent bodies and I believe most men would be happy if they could obtain that level of fitness and physique.

What T-Tapp does offer and has proven, is it is a Rehab workout. It works from the inside out, building long muscle fibers and a dense muscle not bulk but a strength builder when applying Isometrics to your Personal Max, improved flexibility and it’s effective and efficient at Fat burning. For most of us men, this is step one. T-Tapp is a progressive workout. Conquer, Proper T-Tapp FORM! Apply Isometrics to your Personal Max and Be Consistent!

Repeat: FORM, ISOMETRIC’S and CONSISTANCY!

Hey man, “YES YOU CAN!”

Dantheman
    Senor T-Tapp Trainer
    Middletown, De.

MonkeyGirl
    02-21-2007, 12:04 PM

Great post, Dan!

I'm the proud <s>owner</s> wife of a man who does "get it." As soon as he saw me doing T-Tapp, he understood the basic principles of alignment and isometrics. He understood because he'd spent years studying martial arts.

I know there are a lot of husbands who look at T-Tapp videos and scoff that it's too easy, how hard can it be, just standing in one place... but I can't get my husband to try it because he thinks it would be too hard!

~summer

gingerb
    02-21-2007, 12:24 PM

Spicy can't get her DH to try it AT.ALL.

*sigh*

And I know it'd help his back and joint pain.

*sigh*

MarilynVK
    02-21-2007, 03:30 PM

thanks for that post! I've got a friend who's been borrowing my inst #1 for a month and hasn't found the time to watch it, I haven't even asked him to actually do it! The plus side, he knows how great it's been for my husband and me. Anyway, I sent him your post figured it might get his interest up enough to watch the darn thing.

I also sent it to my husband, he has a martial arts background... wonder if that's why it wasn't TOO difficult to get him to do it. Now we're just waiting for him to get to the point where he can do t-tapp (just had back surgery).

Anyway, lots of words to just thank you for the post, makes total sense.

Marilyn

QE3
    02-21-2007, 03:45 PM

Mine gets it, but he'd rather chase a white ball around for points, LOL~! either golf or soccer. He did Tempo (tempo because, ya, he "knew how to T-Tapp" and didn't want to go so slow with the instructionals) a couple weeks ago and had to stop at arms due to fatigue *snicker*

but anyway, fabulous post Dan~!

Kate -:¦:- Queen of Everything plus 3 boys! -:¦:-

Dantheman
    02-21-2007, 05:06 PM
    Summer, Kate, "SPICY",,, HANG THE PICTURE over his side of the bed!

Dantheman

Jillmar
    02-21-2007, 05:27 PM

Well said, Dan! I'll show your post to "DaddyO"

Jill Brightbill
    T-Tapp Trainer

Doovagurl
    02-21-2007, 09:35 PM

My DH was a body builder back in the 90's. He was Mr. Virginia (amateur) even! And what he has to say about T-Tapp is this:

T-TAPP WORKS!

He believes in isometrics training. Yes, he lifted heavy weights to create bulk, but he said the hardest workout wasn't lifting but flexing (or isometrics) in front of the mirror. He said they did this for hours, not only to practice moving from one pose to the next, but to give their muscles further definition.

As you know, body builders have to perform during competition. They have to pose in front of the judges in fluid motions, flexing every inch of their bodies. They may have a smile on their face while doing this but trust me, it is excruciating. (If you've tried to do the arm exercises slowly w/ full contraction, full extension, you know what I mean - next time, try to smile through it as if you are on camera! [:0])

Working isometrically or flexing in front of the mirror gives muscles definition. You ladies know what I mean... that long, lean, dancer-like muscles that we all crave. The kind of muscle definition that make us go, "Ohhhhhh."

Because T-Tapp does not use weights, we don't have to worry about the bulk, however, b/c it is isometric training, we do get the pretty muscle definition. So cool, no?

True to what Dan said, my poor DH sinks when we are in the pool. But there is hope for him yet as he does not do weight training anymore.

Let's float! [8D]

Esther C. Williams
    Senior T-Tapp Trainer

dejocamom
    02-22-2007, 01:34 AM

Thanks, Dan! I appreciate your post! I was hoping you'd jump in on this one...

Laurie

Dantheman
    02-22-2007, 09:03 AM

Hi Laurie,
    It was my pleasure! I only hope you have found it helpful.
    Esther, Thanks for you supporting words. Give your DH a Hello for me.

Dantheman

PennyS
    02-22-2007, 12:13 PM
    Great post! However, my DH won't even try tapping -- he's too much in to tae kwon do and push ups, etc. But it works for him -- he looks fabulous and being in such good shape has made his knee reconstruction recovery much easier. He's almost to where he can get a brace fitted and start pivoting the knee (it's been 2 1/2 months since the surgery, but it seems forever).

Keep up the good posts. They're always so informative.

Halle_S
    02-22-2007, 05:21 PM

quote:Originally posted by Doovagurl
    Yes, he lifted heavy weights to create bulk, but he said the hardest workout wasn't lifting but flexing (or isometrics) in front of the mirror. He said they did this for hours, not only to practice moving from one pose to the next, but to give their muscles further definition.
    Oh boy if that doesn't get the attention of my DH, I don't know what will! We were just watching a bodybuilding competition last night, and my DH was saying "wow, wish I could develop arms like that..."

Doovagurl
    02-22-2007, 08:37 PM

Halle,

I've never been into body building until I met my DH. Well, he's out of it now but we went to watch one of his old clients compete. It's an interesting world.

One thing I will never forget is after this guy competed, he came out and ordered orange juice and just gulped it down. Then he said he hadn't had any juice in a few months to prepare for the competition. It's no joke, this body building thing.

My DH's arm was on the cover of Newsweek way back when. It was the size of one of my thighs.

ANyway, Dan, you da man. I will give a big hello from you to my DH. Now that we are kinda near each other, perhaps we can meet for lunch somewhere. That would be great as I miss P-girl very much. [:X]

Esther C. Williams
    Senior T-Tapp Trainer

Comment

Working...
    X