Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shrinking....FEET?!? Yes You Can!

Originally posted by Kiona 07-15-2008

We all know if we Tapp long enough it seems like everything starts to shirnk. And for those of use who've been around forever...or just seen Lani's 10-year chronolgy of T-Tapp photos we know it's progressive and it seems like we never stop shrinking. But REALLY is there a limit?!

When I first started Tapping and became certified five years ago, my good friend and mentor Suzi (suzical here on the forums) told me her shoe size had shrunk a half size from doing T-Tapp. Oh, for a size 10 shoe all her life...called "Chicken Legs and Elephant Feet" as a kid this is but a pipe dream1 But...just this past weekend, buying my new pair or Sketchers Energy (Revved Up with extra sparkles for the dancer babe) my pipe dream came TRUE!!!!!!!!! I tried on several pairs of shoes and the 10's were WAY too big, the 9.5 fit perfectly!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Suzi always said that the KLT technique, and now the updated NBT technique for walking, really, truly, no matter WHAT rebuilds the muscles in your feet. Or just makes them stronger and SMALLER than they ever have been in your adult life.

So, this is my silly post, but no one but my T-Tapp Family would appreciate or BELIEVE this was possible!

Hugs and Hope to ALL!
    Kiona...9.5...woo hoo!
    Koach Kiona - Senior T-Tapp Trainer

07-15-2008, 11:23 AM

Yayyyy to you, Kiona! This is just more confirmation of my belief that the longer you Tapp, the better you look and the more you change. Thanks for sharing, it made my day. (and where did you get the bling Skechers??)

From a former size 11 shoe to a 10 or 9.5 or 9 (depending on shoe!),

Charlotte

07-15-2008, 07:02 PM

I can only hope this will happen for me - I went from a size 8 or 8.5 before my first child to a 9 after my pregnancy was over and the swelling was gone. I had to start my shoe wardrobe over almost from scratch. Surely, I thought, it will only happen with the first pregnancy. Nope, I am now often a 9.5 after my second baby. If I keep having kids, I'm going to be Sasquatch!!

So, hopefully T-Tapp will help me shrink my feet.

Oh, and what is the "updated NBT technique for walking" that Kiona mentions?

Have a great day all!!

Farah in CO

07-16-2008, 11:43 PM

I'm new to this forum and I can't tell you how encouraging this thread is! I just finished T-Tapping for the first time and kept noticing how wide and chubby my feet looked. I used to be a ballerina with slim (not narrow), but beautiful feet...if feet can indeed be labeled beautiful. I can't wear cute shoes anymore. Mostly I wear flip flops 'cause I'm a California girl, but I should be able to get into a cute ballet flat for church and stuff.

I have a lot to lose, but I'm almost more excited to see the change in my feet than anything!

...Marcella

07-17-2008, 01:19 AM

How great I found so many shirnking feet! I love shoe shopping especially dance shoes which were actually my first pair of 9.5's but I figured it was because they were more stretchy or I would just not wear socks. But the new sneakers definitely were a confirmation.

NBT is "No Big Toe." it is featured in the Step Away the Inches workout by just keeping the weight off teh big ball joint during the walking workout. It is easier to maintain and think about while walking than KLT, Knee to Little Toe where you bend, curl the core under and push knees straight out. It's pretty difficult to do this while walking. As you get stronger, once you can push teh knees past the little toes, you can thing to twist from the hip ball joint so your knees slightly rotate out toward your little toe, they will not press out as far, but it is more comprehensive into the hip ball joint because the muscles at the knee are strong from the standard KLT. Once you have mastered that you can then go back to NBT in your stance by bending the knee, twisting the hips out which will put your weight on the outside of your feet then instead of keeping your feet scewed, you press the big ball joint of the big toe back DOWN toward the ground and pull the big toe UP so it touches the top of your sneakers. You will feel this track your knee in again and really lock your knee to ankle into place. This is a GREAT technique but very difficult to do. As you get stronger and master it, it just keeps strengthening the muscles in the feet and eventually....boom smaller shoes!

Hope that helps so for most of us we'll enjoy our smaller feet and for poor tiny size 5 Kerri, I KNOW how hard it is to find that size, one of my dance teachers complains all the time.

And Charlotte, I got my Sketchers at the outlet about 15 minutes from my house, but on line they have the ones I got (the Energy Revved Up) and they have another bling one the Energy 2 Glitzy. I LOVE sketcher because you can get their NON Energy sneakers with bling of some kind on them as well. I have a great pair that have green shimmery sequins all over them and I currently have my eye on the Disco by them covered in either gold, silver or black sequins.

Welcome to T-Tapp Marcella...keep up the consistency and you'll be posting about your own small feet soon enough!

Hugs!
    K

10-26-2008, 02:28 AM

It's just amazing what the workout can do. I wasn't really focused on foot fitness this past year when I lost the half shoe size. But since August I have had to deal with some injuries to my feet because of my dancing, I was SO waiting for our Finger and Foot Fitness Dvd's after it happened. Now I can't wait to see where I end up next year with focus, all I know is my 9.5 dance shoes are already TOO BIG on me and that's with an added arch support! Keep Tapping and just for Pattycake...my sister who is my same height and always been a size 9 foot used to call me "Chicken Legs and Elephant Feet" when I was a teenager so I feel your pain, but I tell that now to encourage people like us! Keep Tapping and learn all the foot fitness tricks Teresa has to offer...you'll get there...and then shoe stores be ware!!! I was a terror before now it's worse!

Keep Tapping Ladies!
    Kiona

Comment

Working...
    X