Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amp Up T-Tapp Twist with extra LAT Activation!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amp Up T-Tapp Twist with extra LAT Activation!

Originally posted by Kiona 4/21/2011
    One of the things I love most about T-Tapp and especially about teaching T-Tapp is how it continues to evolve and produce more results for more people. It is one of the most dynamic systems around in that way and as a trainer I get to learn just as much from my students as they do from me. This set of tips is definitely part of that category and comes right out of our Love your Lats series we just wrapped up in Timonium, MD.

In focusing on this move and how to help the students better feel and focus on their Lats I came up with a blend of tips and tricks from several of the various videos and retreats in recent times. The first piece we did was to bring the hands down LOW. I REALLY over emphasized this by bringing them BELOW my chest so they were more at the level of the top of my rib cage, you know, right where the bones actually come together in that little point? Yes to there, now I noticed with my hands this low it was hard to keep them stacked and press straight down, so instead I angled my hands so I could slightly see the back of my hand facing toward me and felt more like I was pushing them OUT. NOW you really feel your Lats!

Next once you have done the pulses to the side with the adjusted hand position you roll down to 4 counts and at the bottom before you roll up, hook the thumb of the front hand (the one in front of your belly as you are bent over) over the outside of the other hand then holding your thumb strong, try to pull the hands apart and you’ll really feel your lats activate. This tip is from a couple years ago at the retreat and wow what a difference. Make sure when you do this, you feel it from the pull in the hands, across the back of the ribs and to your spine BEFORE you roll up.

The last piece I played with was the roll up. Keeping the hands puling for the first 2 counts roll up so that you have your hands at that RIB position on count 3 (remember they started lower) so then on count 4 you are pressing the hands down and out and lifting your CHEST above your HANDS instead of feeling like you are still rolling. The press of the hands activates the lats again and the expansion of the ribs upwards REALLY pulls in your waist....and oh WOW the heat your generate! Remember for all of the roll up, try to focus on really feeling SOMETHING across the back of your rib cage that’s where a lot of your lats are. It takes a bit of practice, but slow down and really concentrate and you’ll feel it!

So that’s just a great tweak that came out of focusing on the Lats! What kinds of other tips can you come up with when focusing on OTHER target areas of concern, like belly, arms or legs?

Kiona

Koach Kiona- Senior T-Tapp Trainer
    The Dancin' Senior T-Tapp Trainer,Certified in Everything T-Tapp - Total,Floor,More, Ladybug WOs, YYC and CRT System

pamelaw
    05-17-2011, 09:42 AM

I find HOW TO BREATH during the double dips very confusing. How can we exhale before twisting and not run out of breath doing this? It's, to me, the most confusing part of the workout and seems impossible.

Thanks for the awesome tips, Kiona. I appreciate them very much.

Pamela

BlessedMama
    05-17-2011, 11:04 AM

Pamela, since you're inhaling while coming up, you'd exhale going down the second time, inhale coming up, exhale as you twist away. Then you can inhale on the single twist to the side you'll go down on. Make sense?

1. inhale, exhale and twist away for 2
    2. inhale as you twist back to the other side
    3. exhale as you go down
    4. inhale as you come up
    5. exhale on the second dip
    6. inhale as you come up

Repeat!

That's the way I understand it (from something Michelle wrote awhile back. I can try to find it!)

HTH!

~ ..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
    ¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
    ((¸¸.·´ ..·´ Trisch -:¦:-
    -:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*

walkingal
    05-17-2011, 12:35 PM

wow, that was amazing with arms down lower than I usually do it! Just sitting here and trying it, I could really feel it. Not sure I'm totally understand the hand part on the roll up ( I am so visual) wish she could show us in a video clip! I will be printing this one off for sure! My note book is getting FULL
    Thank you Kiona!

pamelaw
    05-17-2011, 02:52 PM

thank you, Trisch; that makes more sense and I instinctively tend to do that, but then remembered the caveat to exhale on twists and since the whole movement is basically an intense twist, I didn't know what to do.

Thank you!

Pamela

Comment

Working...
    X