Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kiona's Korner - Get a Flatter Lower Belly by using the LEGS During T-Tapp Twist!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kiona's Korner - Get a Flatter Lower Belly by using the LEGS During T-Tapp Twist!

Originally posted by Kiona 08-31-2011
    Flat Lower Belly with More Form in T-Tapp Twist

One of the things I love about teaching classes on a regular basis is that I often learn as much from my students and keeping classes interesting and innovative for students who return week after week for more. This week in Timonium's Long Lean Legs while focuing on leg technique in T-Tapp Twist we all discovered a better way to activate the lower tummy muscles in T-Tapp Twist!!

In T-Tapp Twist when focusing on the legs the first thing is to push the knees out to stabilize the hips. When you are working on really focusing on leg technique in a Long Lean Legs class I usually tell the students to work on Level 2 of the T-Tapp Stance which increases the intensity along the leg by working on rotating open at the hips instead of just pushing hte knees straight out. This techinque is great for de-bulking the upper thigh with greater muscle activation at the top of the thigh. The benefit for T-Tapp Twist is that the greater activation at the hip will stabilize the lower body and provide greater muscle activation at the waist to help cinch it in even more as you perform the move. The added technique from this weeks class was to re-focus on pushing out the knee on the side opposite the roll down. The count for the class as I called out was as follows, "Pulse for 2 -> roll down 1-2-3-4 -> bend the knees -> push OUT -> roll up 1-2-3-4 repeat. The additional push out of the knee re-activaties the lower tummy muscles at the hip flexors which will increase the strength of the pelvic floor which supports all the additional muscles in the lower belly. Remember there's no point to a hard six pack if you set it on a squishy couch so the most important muscles in the front core for a strong belly are the very ones this technique activates. After 8 on each side my students and myself were amazed at how much we could really FEEL those muscles at a much deeper level than ever before!

So get out there and focus on your legs during T-Tapp Twist and see how flat your belly can become!

Koach Kiona- Senior T-Tapp Trainer
    The Dancin' Senior T-Tapp Trainer,Certified in Everything T-Tapp - Total,Floor,More, Ladybug WOs, YYC and CRT System
    Last edited by Forum Angel; 03-23-2016, 03:31 PM. Reason: kiona

Jillmar
    09-04-2011, 01:00 PM

Hey, Kiona! I just tried this and it also automatically makes you "tuck and press" harder too!

Jill Brightbill
    T-Tapp Trainer

Kiona
    09-07-2011, 12:09 AM

You gals got it! It definitely makes you tuck and press harder....I LOVE being able to sneak in MORE form and more muscle activation by focusing on something OTHER than where you think you should feel it. This move definitely amps up when you do it this way and is definitely one of my favorites on an off day!!

Kiona

Koach Kiona- Senior T-Tapp Trainer
    The Dancin' Senior T-Tapp Trainer,Certified in Everything T-Tapp - Total,Floor,More, Ladybug WOs, YYC and CRT System

Comment

Working...
    X