No announcement yet.

Healthy Hormones

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Healthy Hormones

Originally posted by homefire 05-09-2012, 11:19 AM

I received this DVD yesterday and watched it for the first time this morning. I found it really encouraging! Since I've been in such a funk lately, my schedule disrupted, my energy sapped, my aches and pains far more prominent, and thus working out far less than I should be, I really NEEDED this! It was encouraging and doable I just wanted to encourage people to try this one. The actual workout doesn't start until 20 minutes in, but there are a lot of encouraging words, and the workout is short but much more intense than it looks. I think it will be a great one to share with friends who are interested--shorter than Yes, You Can and gets right to the point.

Married 31 years to my best friend, who can fix anything
    Homeschool mom with 4 children, one super son-in-law and three beautiful granddaughters!!!
    T-Tapper for 8 years, lost 30 inches and ended chronic headaches!.

05-09-2012, 03:50 PM

I haven't watched the program part yet, Ronda, but I have done the "workout" portion...just once! It was incredible how much activation took place!

Jennifer Wife for 30 wonderful years Mom to 7--5 still at home--ages 23 to 14 (5 girls and 2 boys) Mamee to 4 T-Tapping since 2009

05-09-2012, 03:57 PM

Amazing, isn't it?

I'm going to do it daily (or EOD - I usually only do 4 short workouts per week) for the next 30 days. Can't wait to see what it does!

05-09-2012, 04:36 PM

Can you buy just the DVD from the TTapp store? Or was the only chance to get the dvd was during DDT? You all have piqued my interest....and of course I have to see what all the talk is about! LOL!

05-09-2012, 05:01 PM

It is the Healthy Hormones DVD in the T-tapp store Abbie.

I need to do it myself!

Polly, mom to 6

05-09-2012, 05:16 PM

Oh, okay, Polly...Thanks for letting me know...

05-09-2012, 05:47 PM

I'm curious-- how long is the workout? Is it shorter than BWO+? Is it similar to Lady Bug?

Good wishes always,

05-10-2012, 01:44 AM

Workout is 18-19 mins (but there were a few mins worth of talk in between), kind of like BWO+, but will the mind to body tweak on position, that is easier for poeople will less mind to muscle connection. So, if you already are tapping and know how to activate, it is a very good activation workout, but all the kick out and clap out are great to remove inflammation and lymphatic, that you will not be sore ever!

ISSA Certified Fitness Trainer
    T-Tapp Trainer in Training

05-10-2012, 08:15 AM

Was it really that long, ayj? I thought the actual workout was only about ten. Guess I'll have to do it again today and find out!

05-10-2012, 08:45 AM

Yep, you're right. It was about 19 minutes. It starts at about 34 min. in and ends around 53 min. Amazing--it doesn't seem that long, and you don't actually do that many moves, but I sure had a lot of muscle activation!

Something interesting...I noticed that a couple things that she's added are things that I was doing on my own, most notably the hunching part. I've always had a LOT of trouble with neck and shoulder tension, and I would hunch a bit during other workouts when I started feeling tight, so this was cool to see that she has added it. It really does help a lot. And I have to bend forward--do a FULL hunch--in order to keep going. When I just shrug up and down, it doesn't get rid of the tension at all. Another one is bending forward and extending arms above head, then trying to pull them apart. This is something I do before bed lots of times to help release the tension so that I can sleep. I also lean over (like in the end of PBS right before roll-up) and bob my head a few times to try and totally relax those muscles. My upper back usually pops a few times during this, before I roll up.

Anyway, since she is doing things that really help me, I kind of feel like this workout is custom tailored to me!

05-10-2012, 10:02 AM

Yea Ronda! Doesn't it feel GOOD??? I did it this morning and although I was SWEATING while doing it, (my ds stole my 2nd fan, I'm going to have to get it back!) when I was all done I didn't even feel like I'd worked out! But I'm STILL feeling my butt activated. And it's been 3 hours!

05-10-2012, 09:15 PM

ayj, thank you for the info and the link. Does anyone know when Senior Fit is coming out?

Good wishes always,