Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Combo with LT tendancies

Originally posted by jmp002 10-10-2006, 12:46 PM

Per Miss Teresa and the retreat I am a combo, with long torso tendancies. (She is awesome isn't she? She took one look at me and told me what I was!) No I have lots of questions for those of you who are the same.

I am 42 YO. I am 5' 7.5" tall, (and getting taller!) O blood type. To date I've lost 19.86". I am working on brushing every am & pm and just picked up the ByB oil. Cellulite is definately an issue in my butt & thighs, and my bably belly. I am losing mostly in the back and the abs, but would really love to start losing more in the hips and thighs. They have always been my weight gain spot. I have extra weight on the inner and outer thigh. I would love to optimize my loss and was wondering if you all could recommend which wo's would target my problem areas better.

I did learn that PT, OIPHF and DD will target from waist to knees, so I added that every evening.

Also, jeans that fit right have always been hard to find. Any advice as to what brands fit and look the best on a combo with LT tendancies? If I heard right, boot cut with a waist hitting below the BB give the illusion of a smaller waist, and the boot cut balances the heavier thigh. I typically try to wear skirts that hit above the knee, cause my knees and calves are looking pretty good since tappin!

Janine
    Hummelstown PA

brngckn
    10-10-2006, 06:12 PM

One of th great things about T-Tapp is it's effectiveness for all body types. If you'd like to target the lower body and are ready for a new workout and you already have HTF, consider Tempo Lower Body. OIP/HF, PT, AL, DD and the "elevator" work from HTF is great, too.

Kirsten, Senior T-Tapp Trainer

Jillmar
    10-10-2006, 06:21 PM

Great advice, Kirsten! I was also going to suggest TLB. But, also, make sure you are really tightening the thigh at the top of lunges and plies! Keep them tight all the time. When I concentrate on doing this I can definitely see a difference in my thighs, especially the inner thigh!

Janine, congrats on all your inch loss. That is awesome![ ][ ] [:0][ ]

Jill Brightbill
    T-Tapp Trainer

QE3
    10-10-2006, 06:27 PM

Jeans: lee bootcut; Tommy Hilfiger Boyfriend cut, I have some from Old Navy and Levi's too. Gloria Vanderbilt Amandas work for me too. You want a lower cut waist and a bootcut to balance your hips. Also, get a horizontal pocket, vertically slanted pockets just pouch out.

You'll need lower cut undies so they don't peek out the back.

Kate

jmp002
    10-10-2006, 09:02 PM

Thanks Ladies for the great advice everyone! Jill, lunges and plies are hard for me for some reason. (I will remember to keep the thigh tight ) I look like I should take a wider stance, but then my hip joints really hurt. When I was younger I used to have my hip pop out, so maybe that is why I'm having trouble. I have the lady bug workout, and I though I might use the floor part to try and get better flexibility.

Kirsten, I hope to have a good a success story as you!

Kate, Thanks for the jeans info. Now that I'm slimming down, I want to find a pair that really look good on me. (My DD just bought some thongs, [:0], with her own money. I think I might have to get tappalicious and get some too! [:I] Well maybe bikinis instead of my big cotton full coverage ones. Good thing my tubes have been tied or I'd probably end up pregnant again. My three keep my busy already! LOL

Janine
    Hummelstown PA

Jeanne Z
    10-11-2006, 01:24 AM

Janine,
    The LadyBug workout is AWESOME for combo bodies. I really think it's one of the reasons I've broken through some really tough plateaus. This year.

Try to suck in your stomach (think belly button to spine) and really tuck your butt during lunges and plies. You won't go down as far, but you will help to stabilize your hips. It will also help to lose in your hip and thighs too!

Jeanne
    T-Tapp Trainer

jmp002
    10-11-2006, 12:04 PM

Thanks Jeanne, will do! In fact, I did the more workout last night and sucked & tucked as hard as I could and my hips didn't feel too bad. I made sure I kept those thighs tight too! I added OIPHF and AL after that. I need to find PT and learn it so I can do the cellulite triple threat every night!

Thanks again for all of your help!

Janine
    Hummelstown PA

Jillmar
    10-11-2006, 12:17 PM

Janine, here's the download for PT!

http://www.t-tapp.com/try/

Jill Brightbill
    T-Tapp Trainer

Dantheman
    10-11-2006, 01:55 PM

Hi Janine,
    You have received some great tips already. I would only add this; don’t forget the De-bulk stretches we learned at Tampa. You burn more in a Stretch!! Do you remember them? Assume the T-Tapp stance, take a reasonable step backwards with one foot, keep the back foot in alignment (no Duck feet), KLT front leg with knee and ankle in alignment, Tuck, Shoulders back and down, Engage Lats, Pull Navel to spine, and then straighten that back knee and HOLD!
    Also, during the lunges, twist the non-lunging leg for KLT.

Dantheman,
    Middletown, De.
    T-Tapp Trainer

jmp002
    10-11-2006, 03:24 PM

Jill & Dan, I'm so going to get awesome lookin with you guys in my corner! Thanks for the info.....I'll be sure to add those stretches Dan, after my cellulite triple threat!

Janine
    Hummelstown PA

Comment

Working...
    X