Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mission Impossible????

Originally posted by OLOHA 09-10-2006, 09:00 PM

I'm 5'2, and a size 14.Early 20's. Yay . I'm also a short torso (1.5 inches) and I think I'm a short leg; b/c my ankle to knee is a lot shorter than my knee to hip. Does that sound right? Can someone really be a short torso and short legt? Is that a double whammy or what???

What exercise can I do to really hit my target areas of concern which is basically my whole body. lol.

Would it be Mission Impossible to drop to a size 8 by Halloween? I have so many parties to go to that night and I want to look nice in my Dorothy (Wiz of Oz) costume.

Also, with my ST and SL body, which clothes would flatter me best? The smallest my waist has ever been was a 27, and I wasnt THAT thin. I was approx 127#'s, but rather muscular. My waist can look small at times b/c my chest is rather big. [8D]

Oh yeah, my blood type is A-Pos. [)]
    Last edited by Forum Angel; 05-17-2016, 11:20 PM.

dejocamom
    09-10-2006, 09:21 PM

I would say, "Yes, you can!" lol I went from a size 12 pants to a size 8 in a month...then in the next month (which was VERY stressful, by the way...moving,traveling, etc.),I dropped to a size 6. Of course, I don't know at what rate you lose, but if I can do it, I'm pretty sure you can!!

I'm also 5'2", 1 inch between rib and hip, and equal distance from ankle to knee and knee to hip.

Good luck!

OLOHA
    09-10-2006, 09:25 PM

OMG! What exercises did you do? I have a ton of her tapes including my latest purchase LadyBug, but I haven't opened it yet. [:I]

dejocamom
    09-10-2006, 09:34 PM

Around the first part of May, I bought the book. Read it through by the next day and started the dvd in the book. Did PBS from the book along with the exercises on the dvd for a month...that is when I went from 12's to 8's. Then I ordered the total system, but I was so busy moving that I mostly still did those same workouts....the ones from the book dvd along with PBS. I am now doing the Instructional #1 as time permits. I have four children and I go to school full time...besides living in a FEMA camper trying to remodel a house...lol. So....not much 'time permitting' going on, but I'm working at it.

My daughter (14 yrs. old) wanted to lose a few inches before school started back. She did the Instructional 1 with me for two weeks before school started. She lost 3 inches off her waist during those two weeks. Within 3 more days, she had lost another inch. (That was probably due to her measuring the first time without taking a break first.) As of her latest measurements, she has lost 5 inches off her waist since the first of August!! Taking into consideration that she is only 14, that's still awesome!!

OLOHA
    09-10-2006, 09:38 PM

I have her Instuctionals that are a few years old. I thought I heard from a girl on campus that her new DVD Instructionals have the latest tweaks. Is that right???

monica213
    09-10-2006, 09:40 PM

Are your instructionals filmed outside or in the ballroom? The ballroom are the newest one.

Michelle Barbuto
    Senior T-Tapp Trainer

OLOHA
    09-10-2006, 09:47 PM

I have the Ballroom tapes. I LOVE INS 1 despite that it is hard to hold position for so long, but I dislike Ins 2. I really hate lunges b/c I just don't get it and it hurts my knees. I can't go to a trainer b/c I'm broke (college), and I don't have the time to travel. The nearest trainer is in Chicago, I believe, and I am in the Eastern part of Illinois, a student at T's undergrad EIU!! I can't go to Tampa either.

Thanks!

Leahaha
    09-10-2006, 10:30 PM

Oloha, lunges! LOL. I hated them too, until I 'got' it. I have knee issues and couldn't understand why these darn lunges kept flaring up my pain. (note: I'm talking side lunges here)

Somewhere, either from the book or More DVD, I saw/heard a mention of getting the weight off the big toe on the lunging leg.

Ta da!

So now I shift the weight to the outside of that foot (no big toe or big ball joint)and I can get my knee to my little toe just fine and the lunges don't hurt my knee.

Just remember not to lean into that lunging leg and if anything, lean away.

Perhaps a trainer might have some tips for the other lunges. I don't have a problem with the front ones (although I don't get as far down as Teresa or the others!)and I often skip the drop ones.

Good luck with Instructional #2 - for me, adding that really started the losses in the lower body.

Leah

Dantheman
    09-11-2006, 12:45 AM

Hello Oloha and Leahaha,

Need a few tips for Lunges, Lets' do IT! Starting with a T-Tapp Stance: Feet hip width apart and toes forward, Bend the knees, Tuck it, Raise the Rib cage and Big Shoulder roll and Enage the Lats. Right Knee points toward little toe. Move left foot so that the heal is placed at the instep of our right foot. Now step out with your left foot to the side.(HINT:If you have a wooden floor, place your right instep in the center of the line and let your left foot rest on the same line as you step out to the side. This will help to ensure that your left foot toe-heal is straight and centered to the right foot instep.) Now, you may need to step out just a bit more and bend your left knee. You want to have knee over ankle pressing KLT. Do a little test Lunge and make sure your left knee does not go pass your left foot toes. If you knee is extending pass the ends of your foot this is call knee hyperextention and will cause knee injury or pain if continued. So adjust your left foot so the knee is not hyperextending and the left knee is comfortable resting under left ankle in alignment. RE-Tuck, place right hand as to cover your right back pocket, lift the fingers and press the elbow back and press in on the butt. Left hand extents across your stomach to your right side waist. This move positions your left shoulder in a forward. Don't lean forward or backwards. Leaning towards the left knee with build a larger left thigh. Klt the Left knee. Enage every muscle in your right leg and hold it tight through out the move. Pull those abs in tight. Keep your head straight looking towards the wall. Lunge left slowly, slowly pressing Left knee KTL as you are inhaling. Hold the tension in both legs and exhale slowly as you press back on the left leg pressing, pressing, keep those lats engaged, press the left leg all the way back and tighten left leg tighter and Tuck hard at the top. HOLD THE TENSION Not Release,,,Now back down, Slowly...

During the transitions from going down to up and up to down, don't release the muscle tension that is buildling and building with each rep. Don't forget the right leg either, keep it tight!! Once you have your T-Tapp STANCE, You never lose you Tuck in this move nor do you let your abs relax. The only moving body part is your left leg.

ENJOY THIS MOVE LADIES, It's ONE of the Best!

Dantheman,
    Middletown, De.
    T-Tapp Trainer

Leahaha
    09-11-2006, 01:15 AM

Thanks Dan. You really are the man!

Leah

Ollie
    09-11-2006, 11:17 AM

I know I probably shouldn't say this, but if you have knee problems, don't let that keep you from the rest of the I#2. Just for now, skip the lunges. In time, the other exercises will help you to strengthen your knees, and you can add the lunges, one part at a time. Just listen to your body. Everyone says, the exercise we hate most, is usually the one we NEED the most!

Good luck!

Michelle

Dantheman
    09-11-2006, 11:49 AM

How to proceed with lunges if you have knee problems. The side and front lunges don’t have to be omitted from your workout if you have knee problems in most cases. They can be executed using proper form but with a limited a range of motion. You don’t have to extend down more than two inches to get results. Also, if you are experiencing knee problems, lean your upper torso toward the non-lunging leg to reduce or shift your body weight off the lunging leg. When your thigh muscle strengthens you can progress with straightening you body posture over the hips and extend the lunging knee out a little further.
    The drop down lunge or third set should be avoided with problem knees until you can perform the side and front comfortably with proper form, execution and for eight reps. Then you should experiment with the drop downs only doing two to three reps per leg. Then evaluate the results and proceed with caution.

Leah, just trying to assist where I can. Thanks!

Dantheman,
    Middletown, De.
    T-Tapp Trainer

carol57
    09-11-2006, 04:47 PM

Hi Dan,

Thanks so much!! I see where I've been going wrong now! You are the best! I never understood how to "set up" the lunge position until reading this ... plus I've probably been releasing a little at the top ... ARRRGH

One of my best girlfriends since childhood lives in your town -- I was telling her about TTapp and you the other day on the phone. I told her I was so jealous that she lived right in the same town as a TTap trainer! She is going to check out the website ...

Carol

I'm off to do those lunges and get those thighs slim!

Dantheman
    09-11-2006, 08:48 PM

Hi Carol,
    I am glad you where able to find a tip or two to help you on your way. Thanks for the referral and give Renee a big hug for me.
    Let your Middletown girlfriend know that classes are held every Monday and Wednesday night at 7:30 and Saturday mornings at 9:30. She will have a great workout and step her way into Fitness and Wellness at the same time!
    By the way, you can stop in too! It would be great to have you join us.

Dantheman,
    Middletown, De.
    T-Tapp Trainer

carol57
    09-11-2006, 11:08 PM

Hi Dan,

I would love to but it's a long commute from here in Rockledge, FL!

I'll let my friend know about the classes! Thanks again,

Carol

Comment

Working...
    X