Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SNEAKING in T-TAPP through the day...

Originally posted by monica213 07-18-2006, 04:00 PM

Here are some ways to sneak in T-Tapp through out the day (we all have those Hoedown in the bathroom stories... ) I am discussing this with my weekly class on Thursday and thought you all would like to join in on the fun ways that you sneak in T-Tapp each day!
    • Up and down stairs – toes forward, tuck butt, (curl your core) ribs up, shoulders over hips, and KLT
    • Standing in line (cooking/doing dishes) – weight in either 1 leg or both legs, bend knee(s), tuck butt, shoulders over hips, KLT (Great for lower back too!)
    • Pushing shopping cart/lawn mower – palms up
    • Walking – roll off last 2 toes, butt tucked, shoulders over hips, KLT, no duck feet!
    • Tuck butt and roll shoulders back and centered (do not shrug up toward the ears, press all the way down or rolled forward), lift your ribs.Your upper back should be relatively flat (not curved forward)
    • Ears need to be aligned over your shoulders and hips, while keeping the chin from jutting forward; this neutral position distributes the weight of your head throughout your spine. Keep that chin back, too. Strive to do this all the time; walking, driving, standing or sitting at the computer. (NO forward head postures! [IMG]file:///C:/Users/Michelle/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtml1/01/clip_image001.gif[/IMG])
    • Stress relief/Back Fat – shoulder rolls done with deep breathing. Palms forward and reach Jazz hands down toward the floor , then roll shoulders up, back and down while taking a deep inhale, then twist your thumbs as far back as you can, exhale bigger than you inhaled as you pull your ribs together. Repeat 4 times to the back and 4 times to the front. Really focus on the shoulders shrugging up toward the ears and then the opposition of the hands reaching to the floor.
    • Head rolls. Assume proper linear alignment. Roll shoulders as above then really open palms and twist thumbs to the back wall, reach your arms toward the ground to help stabilize your shoulders. Now perform the head moves sequence from PBS making sure to breathe! (You can also grasp hands behind your back as in Inst one or use the towel as in MORE to really give a good stretch to the pecs and open up the chest)
    • Seated Hoedowns – sit at edge of chair, ankles/knees and shoulders all in one line, tuck butt, lift your ribs to keep your shoulders over your hips, hands out to side level with elbows (which are pushing forward) do sequence as if you were doing standing Hoedowns. <maintain activation to your muscles>
    • Tone arms with butterflies, triceps curls and hitchhikers. Keep your shoulders back and centered with ribs up and away from your hip bones, focus on extending away with your elbows first then your wrists, makes a huge difference in the upper arms! Make certain your are showing pretty arms by squeezing your biceps and triceps.
    • When driving - tuck butt, press lower back and shoulders against the seat, lift your ribs and hold your tummy tight.

Where to do you sneak in T-Tapp moves?
    • At your desk?
    • During commercials while watching TV? (This is when I sneak in floor work!)
    • While waiting in line?
    • In the rest room or other private room?
    • While cooking dinner?

What other ideas can you ladies come up with?

Michelle Barbuto RN - Specializing in Physical Rehab Nursing
    (¯`*•.¸Master T-Tapp Trainer, Trainer Mentor,
    Mommy Fitness Trainer, Forum Moderator¸.•*´¯)

EMAIL: michelle@t-tapp.com

scootsmom
    07-18-2006, 04:45 PM

I hoe downed in the supply closet after reading the story about the tapper smacking her boss. That'd be me in a heartbeat so I decided not to risk it.

What can we do at a desk? I try to keep my shoulders back and tummy in - what else?

monica213
    07-18-2006, 05:06 PM

At your desk do shoulder rolls, head rolls, hoedowns seated, arm movements, You could even do the first half of TTT!

Yes the one about the Tapper smacking her boss gets me laughing also, I am sure there are many more funny ones out there!

Michelle Barbuto
    Senior T-Tapp Trainer
    www.fitwithsix.com

scootsmom
    07-18-2006, 05:59 PM

I'm afraid our elevator here at work has a camera and some security guard somewhere got a big giggle out of me trying to hoe down on the solo ride down. LOL

My problem with desk exercises is our offices all have glass walls. I have the "privacy' of a door but I'm in a fishbowl - hence the reason for the supply closet as hoe down home. We have a workout room on our floor but it's only used by the male execs and the genius who designed it only put in one shower. I think they "forgot" women work here, too. There are five mens rooms and only one ladies room. Go figure!

Tracey
    07-18-2006, 06:06 PM

If you do the hoedowns sitting down are most of the same benefits there to keep your lunch from turning to fat? I tried them and definitely felt a sweat breaking out and my heart rate increased.

Tracey

rosibelly
    07-18-2006, 07:21 PM

I try to get in alignment while I'm doing the dishes- so easy to get my back out of whack when leaning over the sink...R

Erie Rose Patterson
    Royal Oaks, CA
    Trainer in Training! Tampa '06 or bust!

monica213
    07-18-2006, 07:22 PM

Scootsmom, If the security Guards ask you about it, teach it to them!

Tracey, Yes same benefits

Thank you Tina!

Ah Rosie, dishes yes! excellent point!

Michelle Barbuto
    Senior T-Tapp Trainer
    www.fitwithsix.com

carol57
    07-18-2006, 08:13 PM

WOW!!! I'm going to try the seated hoedowns tomorrow and I'll let you know how it goes -- I'm doing some reserve duty and was waiting to do hoedowns until I came home and changed because the boots I wear during the day are so heavy.

What a great idea!!

Carol

Annette66
    07-18-2006, 09:34 PM

Great Post Michelle!

Think of all the possibilites T-Tapp has to offer??? Can't get this with so many programs out there.

Another tip - palms up pushing the lawn mower!! Yowzer (if you have a big lawn)

A few years ago, I gave this tip to my sister (who is not a tapper). One day I stopped at her house while walking my dog, she gave me a sneer and walked over and punched me. What? I said, Idiot, said she.......I pushed the lawn mower last night with my palms up, and I could barely use my arms today!! Funny.

Annette
    Senior T-Tapp Trainer, Iowa

Clinex5
    07-18-2006, 10:34 PM

Had to drive my daughter to cheerleading camp today, so 4 1/2 hours of driving for me. This highway has mile markers every 2/10 of a mile. I did all kinds of things. Tightened buns to the upbeat songs. I know between the trip going and returning I did over 1000 squeezes! [ ] During one song, I was doing 115 per mile. Boy can I feel it tonight!
    I also did tummy tightening, but didn't do as many of those. I couldn't concentrate on driving as well with those. [:I]

The thing about the tush tightening that I find cool, is that there was a time when I couldn't isolate and tighten those muscles w/o just squeezing the whole thing together. Now I can do the buns together or individually which makes for some fun patterns while driving!

I did drive underhand for a bit too, but the shape of my steering wheel doesn't let me place my hands where they really need to be to be comfortable for very long.

Kelli Cline (MO)

monica213
    07-19-2006, 09:29 AM

Kelli, sounds like a fun way to make the most of a long drive, bet you tukas won't be thanking you today! [:0]

Annette! I never thought of lawn mowers! Great idea, and tell your sister I said you are not an idiot, and she should listen to you more often! [:X]

Carol, I'll be waiting to hear how your seated hoedowns go!

Michelle Barbuto
    Senior T-Tapp Trainer
    www.fitwithsix.com

Angelinad128
    07-19-2006, 11:11 AM

I usually go to the bathroom after lunch in the office to do my hoedowns. My office also has all glass walls and door. After watching Teresa's seminar I always remind myself to hold carts in the underhand postion and roll my shoulders back. I do this in the car also. I also now without realizing it walk with my shoulders back wrists slightly turned and feet straight and on the little toes.
    I will try the seated hoedowns later on today!

Angelina

rosibelly
    07-19-2006, 01:18 PM

Lately been doing HD's while my kids brush their teeth- they don't get to stop brushing until I'm done with the HD! R

Erie Rose Patterson
    Royal Oaks, CA
    Trainer in Training! Tampa '06 or bust!

Juniper
    07-19-2006, 02:35 PM

I have to remember to tuck butt, shoulders back and down, lift the rib cage and suck in the lower tummy when I walk in my heels! I really have to work on it taking the stairs up to my office.

Jenny Russell
    T-Tapp Trainer

Comment

monica213
      07-19-2006, 06:20 PM

Hi Kathy,

they are there:

Seated Hoedowns – sit at edge of chair, ankles/knees and shoulders all in one line, tuck butt, shoulders over hips, hands out to side level with elbows (which are pushing forward) do sequence as if you were doing standing Hoedowns.

Michelle Barbuto
      Senior T-Tapp Trainer
      www.fitwithsix.com

carol57
      07-19-2006, 10:00 PM

Hi everybody,

I did PBS/brushing and then 1 set of HD before I put my boots on after breakfast... and then 1 set in the ladies room standing up after lunch (boots on ). My office was too busy to do them in the chair today.

Carol

Toni in OR
      07-20-2006, 05:00 PM

After reading this thread I was wondering how I could add T-Tapp to my day. While I put on my make-up and blow dried my hair I stood with my buns tucked, knees bent and KLT. And every time I go up our stairs (to my computer loft ) I tuck really hard.

Thanks for the inspiration!

Toni

Juniper
      07-20-2006, 05:45 PM

OH - get this - I realized this morning when I was drying my hair... When I flip my head over to dry the underside and give my hair some lift, I'm in a flat back, KLT, butt lifted, hamstrings stretched, tummy up off the floor and lats engaged. I have no idea how long I've been doing this! HA!

Jenny Russell
      T-Tapp Trainer

monica213
      07-20-2006, 06:18 PM

Oh ya Jenny! I forgot about that I stand KLT also while drying hair! How funny is that?

Toni, good for you for sneaking in T-Tapp! It will help you!

Michelle Barbuto
      Senior T-Tapp Trainer
      www.fitwithsix.com

Mayapple52
      07-21-2006, 09:10 AM

Concerning pushing the lower pack towards the seat - - I have problems with the lower back and have to keep a definate curature in my lower back because I no longer have a natural curve back there, I have two bulging discs and pinched nerves. I have to place a support behind my back when I sit anywhere, even in the car. I have to keep reminding myself to push my tush, tuck my ab, this will help bring back some of that curvature and maybe in time it will heal.

Connie

Lori French
      07-21-2006, 10:22 AM

Jenny, then when you turn the hair dryer off, do you continue on with speedskaters????
      "Just four sets, to the right......"

Lori

monica213
      07-21-2006, 11:18 AM

Lori! [:0][} ] That was funny!

Michelle Barbuto
      Senior T-Tapp Trainer
      www.fitwithsix.com

Juniper
      07-21-2006, 01:55 PM

Lori - You are TOO funny! I can see me forgetting to put down the hair dryer, and flinging it across the bathroom! Actually, I'm usually running late as usual for work![ )]

Jenny Russell
      T-Tapp Trainer

CharityM
      07-23-2006, 02:55 PM

I just re-read these tips. It is good to be reminded of all of the things we can do without "formally" tapping. I guess T-Tapp is really about how you live your life. Hummmmmm

Charity

steph_cn
      08-17-2006, 04:17 AM

This is a funny thread! Just because I realize when I'm standing in one spot for more than a few seconds, I look down at my feet to make sure they're pointing forward and then I bend my knees and tuck my butt and push my shoulders back. LOL I'll have to work on walking in KLT. Does anybody know if that helps heel spurs? I can't say for sure I have them, but having as much weight on me as I did (I was up to 240 at one time), my feet just aren't the same. They HURT when I've been on them too long and especially the next morning my heels and the arch of my foot hurt incredibly. Orthotics don't help.

Comment

monica213
        08-17-2006, 09:26 AM

Steph,

Cool thing about T-Tapp is it actually does rebuild the muscles in the feet. Be consistant and patient.

Michelle Barbuto
        Senior T-Tapp Trainer

techie
        08-17-2006, 11:27 AM

Thanks for these great ideas. I posted the otehr day about exhaustion and motivation, got some good ideas there as well- but I forgot that I could still sneak in t-tapp throughout my day. I guess it is hard to comprehend that tapping moves can actually be effective in inch loss/health benefits even if one cannot swing a full workout at times

Beth

monica213
        08-21-2006, 11:34 AM

Hi Beth,

Glad it helped! I love to find ways that I can *sneak* it in.

Michelle Barbuto
        Senior T-Tapp Trainer

faith941
        08-21-2006, 05:47 PM

I am a creature of habit. Before my morning shower, I brush, do PBS, OIP, HF, and Sit-ups. Before bed I brush again, followed by OIP, HF, and 30 more sit-ups. HD's during the day plus a full WO. Works for me.

monica213
        08-25-2006, 03:42 PM

Well as long as it works for you.

Michelle Barbuto
        Senior T-Tapp Trainer

kansasmom
        09-29-2006, 11:39 PM

I stand in KLT position at church during out worship time, which usually lasts for 10 minutes, then we sit, and then another 20 minutes of standing in KLT with feet pointing forward, knees slightly bent, KLT, shoulders back and down, tummy tightened, butt tucked. I usually get very tired of standing like that, but it gives my legs a good workout!

Michelle

livinginfavor
        02-26-2007, 06:51 PM

Question please..... should 2 sets of HDs be done when doing them seated to achieve same benefits of standing? Gee, I could do those all day! LOL

~~*~~Amber~~*~~

livinginfavor
        02-26-2007, 06:55 PM

I just noticed Kansasmom's comment about church -- what a great idea especially for those of us that worship at Pentecostal churches where worship is 90 minutes. Imagine the glutes just from Sundays!! LOL

~~*~~Amber~~*~~

monica213
        02-26-2007, 07:10 PM

Doing the HD standing will call the postural and core muscles into play for a greater sugar busting. But if you CAN NOT do standing then do seated.

Michelle Barbuto
        Senior T-Tapp Trainer

Lannette
        02-27-2007, 08:52 AM

My schedule has been so busy in the last year that sneaking T-Tapp into my day has become a survival mechanism. I think I live in T-Tapp stance to the point where I don't even have to think about assuming it, I just do.

One thing I like to do while standing in T-Tapp stance is to sneak one foot a 1/4 of an inch off the floor without allowing my stance to change. In other words, without leaning. You can't even tell that I'm on one foot but it really kicks up the muscle action and core kick I get out of it. Gives me something to concentrate on when I'm standing in a line. [^]

Lannette
        T-Tapp Trainer NH

rosibelly
        02-28-2007, 10:10 PM

I have a tendency to lean into one hip(I've got the bum/hips to prove it!)- when I catch myself I tighten my buns and get in KLT, it usually ends up being better to just stand in KLT . Think ribs up during the day whenever I find myself slouching- at the desk, folding laundry, making dinner, etc.

Erie Rose Patterson
        Royal Oaks, CA
        ACE Certified, TnT

Olerica
        04-17-2007, 04:37 PM

This is a nifty thread.

I have been doing sit-down-t-tapp in my office after lunch. I never thought about everything ELSE I can do.

Olerica (Susan)

Comment

Working...
        X