• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T-Tapp Learning TOOLS!

Originally posted by Dantheman 04-28-2006, 01:30 PM

Hello Everyone,

How to use a DVD as a learning TOOL!

In my other job, I am a Training Coordinator at a Research Center for a Large Corporation. I have the responsibility to ensure that everyone is proficient in their prospective craft, skill or job function. I use a lot of Computer Base Training modules as training tools for a varity reasons. As a T-Tapp Trainer, I feel that this is just an extension of those responsibilities, only to a much more attentive workforce.

I would like to share with you of how to READ a T-Tapp DVD. YES, READ a DVD.

Watching a DVD movie is not like using a DVD as a Learning TOOL. But when you are asked to watch a T-Tapp DVD/Tape, one will activate the skills they have. And, they work. After watching a movie, you walk away with some information and process it mentally and form some conclusions like: I enjoyed it, Lead star really nailed that role, Loved the music, Hated the ending. Then, its lets go and get another one.

When you Read a DVD for learning it’s not in the lounge chair!!! And if it is, you should be on the edge of the cushion. Note Pad and Pin in hand and the remote in the other. Ok. Now CLICK CLICK the remote and turn the DVD LEARNING TOOL ON!

In this case it’s T-Tapp. OUR FAVORITE LEADING LADY, you hear what she is saying; you are watching her moving thru PBS and you got it. Just like when watching a movie. How, CLICK CLICK and turn it off. What did Teresa say just before her right leg started back straight? DID you say INHALE or Straighten Right Leg? CLICK CLICK and Play it again SAM! CLICK CLICK and turn it off.

Now I want you to READ THE DVD. Lets change our focus. Another, Brain exercise, you bet it is. This time along with listening to Teresa, Lets focus on the moves. Same example: Teresa is moving thru PBS, she is at the point where her right leg is just beginning to straighten, NOW…. READ THE DVD. FOCUS, LISTEN and her right leg is becoming straight, her shoulders are still back, her elbows are pointing up, her hips are level, her back is flat, and her left heel is coming off the floor as her right leg comes all the way back. CLICK CLICK the Pulse BOTTON, NOTE PAD>>>> WRITE IT DOWN. She didn’t say all this, but she is showing you in detail all the requirements for that one specific movement. DETAILS said verbally and visually get the job done!

NEED FORM TIPS?

Then, READ Teresa’s, DVD Learning TOOLS!!

Dantheman,
    Middletown, De.
    T-Tapp Trainer

annlovesshawn
    04-28-2006, 01:47 PM

geeesh...where did we find this guy and why is he so good? Thanks Dan, I'll try to read part of my DVD tonight.

gr8fisch
    04-28-2006, 01:56 PM

i knew i wasn't the only analytical one on the block... thanks Dan for confirming what works.

pina
    04-28-2006, 02:47 PM

Okay, Dantheman, I'm hearing you and I know that you're right.[:I]

I was going to post a thread for people with a suggestion for their "off days" that I've been doing and I think that it's helping.

YES, I've been trying to READ the DVD's for form tips. Specifically, I've built up quite a nice Target POP collection and given their very nature, I figured they would be good ones to start with.

However, the next one on my list to READ is Tempo Arms (I think the Target POP for arms is the only one I don't have![} ])for that darn move that I retired quite some time ago due to my inability to do it without engaging my darn LATS properly and therefore building my darn TRAPS! See, I say that word sometimes, too![ ]

Dantheman, I see that you're forcing me to go back and do this for myself, eh? I will, I will. BUT, if I STILL have questions, I'll do my best to hunt you down!

It's true...better to teach people how to fish than just hand them the darn ol' fish!

-Pina

JeanM
    04-28-2006, 02:49 PM

Great post, Dan!!!! I have not done this yet, but actually have had it in mind to do!!!!! Thank you, thank you!

Jean

ratemaker
    04-28-2006, 02:50 PM

Woot! Woot! Go Dan...I hear your message loud and clear and I will definitely read the DVD. I applaud you for pointing it out.

and by the way....leave it to the MAN to put TOOLS in the subject line. Boys and their toys....

[} ]

Juanita

gillmings
    04-28-2006, 03:22 PM

<slapping my hand to my forehead> I've sat and watched it, I've followed along doing the exercises, but, no, by golly, I have NOT read it. Thank you! I guess I'm going to be getting up early on my week off after all -- to READ the DVD instead of DO the DVD.

-Moyne

Dantheman
    04-28-2006, 03:30 PM

Moyne and Pina,
    I started this in your Honor!

GET-R-DONE!

Dantheman,

homerun
    04-28-2006, 04:01 PM

Once again, a fabulous post from Dantheman! We are so lucky to have you on our side!

Karen Seraphine
    T-Tapp Trainer, CA

Jillmar
    04-28-2006, 04:32 PM

Great post, Dan! You out-did yourself!

Jill Brightbill
    T-Tapp Trainer

KateLou
    04-28-2006, 04:33 PM

Way to Go DANTHEMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!

most excellent post!!

Katie
    T-Tapp Trainer, Idaho

chercher1
    04-28-2006, 05:03 PM

Great post Dan!!!! Aren't we lucky to have him on the T-Tapp Team!???!!!!

Cheryl Dodd
    T-Tapp Trainer, Ohio

Tina71
    04-28-2006, 05:45 PM

Awesome post, Dan!

Tina

aj
    04-29-2006, 10:15 AM

Great post DTM.

Pina, I wanted to ask if you were scrunching your shoulders during the arms movements? I found that since my traps were so sore that I was doing this and all I can say is ouch. I think the more tired the back gets, the more we will scrunch our shoulders engaging the traps.

Also, if you can get a broom handle to do the broom exercise, it will take you no time in figuring out how to engage your lats.

April

crs7777
    04-29-2006, 10:40 AM

Wow, that would help a lot! I'm new to T-Tapp and just got the book, too to see pictures. What a great idea with the DVD........thanks a lot!!! I got started tapping, then got PMS pretty bad, Easter was crazy, my Grandma died and I got the flu!!!! Talk about setbacks!! My body was just starting to 'get it'!! I'll watch the Instructionals again, take notes and start another bootcamp. You guys are so smart! If it wasn't for all the support on the forums....I probably would've never bought the program....you all are the best!

Thanks, Christine

Comment

Muddy Paws
      04-29-2006, 10:59 AM

Great post, Dan!

Melissa

adarix
      04-29-2006, 02:11 PM

Hi Dan!

I now know why you are called "THE MAN"! LOL!

Seriously, Dan, I read your posts with great interest simply knowing that I will learn something from you! So, don't worrry too much that you don't post that often (LOL!)! It truly is the QUALITY of what you write that matters, and boy do your posts contain QUALITY! I can also tell that you put a lot of time and consideration into what you write, and again, that attention to detail is appreciated more than you know...

Please keep up the good work!

I would love to meet you and your wife someday!

(Although, I *think* we may have met in SH. Were you not the poor guy, who's wife dragged you along? You were like in the 2nd tier up, to the right of the stage? I know there were only a couple of men there, I just wanted to be sure I got the *right* one! If it was you, I could not believe how well you hung in there, as I think you were fairly new at the time? Then, to go onto become a Ttapp trainer from there! I am seriously impressed...Anyway, didn't mean to use the public forum to say all this, but what the heck! Time is at a premium right now, so if I don't get it down now, it ain't going to happen any time soon! LOL!)

In any case, take care Dan and happy Ttapping!

Diane Adamick
      Ttapp Trainer - Michigan

VeggieGirl
      04-29-2006, 06:57 PM

Well, first I have to say I am not surprised about your job, Dan. The way you explain things, so visually and accurately goes hand in hand with a training job. Second, I have to say I thought I was the only one who "read" my exercise dvds. I often take my workouts to work with me and watch/listen/practice them during lunch. Anyway, this topic was a great and I hope others get to read their dvds with gusto!

Jean from NJ

Leese
      04-30-2006, 02:40 PM

NOW…. READ THE DVD. FOCUS, LISTEN and her right leg is becoming straight, her shoulders are still back, her elbows are pointing up, her hips are level, her back is flat, and her left heel is coming off the floor as her right leg comes all the way back.
      Dantheman,

Ok...I made sure to watch for this part today..lo and behold! Now, what is the reason for lifting the opposite heel while straightening a leg? Also, doing that is harder than I thought it would be.

Lisa

Dantheman
      05-01-2006, 12:39 PM

HI Lisa,
      The purpose of raising the opposite? One of the many of requirements in preforming this "Seemingly Simple" move, is to ensure that the HIPS stay in perfect alignment. The Raising of the opposite heel raises the Hip of the NON-Straigtening leg. The trick is, you have to coordinate the straighting of the one leg with the raising of the opposite heel to equal proportion to ensure that the Hips are raising in UNISON.

Have you had a chance to read "T-Tapp learning TOOLS| Part II"? It should still be available on one of the back pages. I posted it on 4/28/06.

Dantheman,
      Middletown, De.
      T-Tapp Trainer

Leese
      05-02-2006, 12:23 PM

HI Lisa,
      The purpose of raising the opposite? One of the many of requirements in preforming this "Seemingly Simple" move, is to ensure that the HIPS stay in perfect alignment. The Raising of the opposite heel raises the Hip of the NON-Straigtening leg. The trick is, you have to coordinate the straighting of the one leg with the raising of the opposite heel to equal proportion to ensure that the Hips are raising in UNISON.

Have you had a chance to read "T-Tapp learning TOOLS| Part II"? It should still be available on one of the back pages. I posted it on 4/28/06.

Hi Dan,
      Thanks for your answer..makes sense, even if it will take a bit to get the hang of.

I did read at least part of the second part of this topic, but will go back and reread!

Lisa

Dantheman
      05-02-2006, 12:33 PM

HI Diane,

Thank for your kind words. I am still learning and blown away at the level of information and knowledge that is shared collectively as a group on the forum.

Yes, Diane, that was me falling all over myself!! Talk about a Humbling experience!! The trainers had their hands full trying to correct my form. I am forever grateful for their encouragement, patience, and desire to help me along. I just cannot say enough to fully express my appreciation to each and every one of them.

I am looking forward to our Second Meeting, this time we will make it an official one!!

Dantheman,
      Middletown, De.
      T-Tapp Trainer

Comment

Working...
      X