Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T-Tapp Twist and Lawnmowers

Question from sweet7696 from 05/14/2002, 7:43 PM

Should I be bending at the waist with this instead of bring my butt forward??? If I bend at the waist, I can only get to my knee or a little lower, but it provides a great stretch..Tell me I've been doing it right!
    Jess

Answered by Lannette 05/14/2002, 8:25 PM

I'm not quite sure exactly what you are asking but I think you want to know if you should release your butt tuck.

If that is what you are asking then my answer is no.

When doing these moves think Egyptian Hieroglyphics and drawings. Your lower body (waist down) stays directly front and tight as a rock with a good KLT while your upper body twists to the side. When you bend down to the side and then come up your shoulders stay directly in line and facing the side while your back hand pulls your front hand so your elbow straightens and your front hand points behind your heel. Relax your neck and allow your head to drop. Yes, you feel a wonderful stretch and it doensn't matter if you can't get down low.

When you lift your elbow to the ceiling for lawnmowers (this is my favorite part of this move) you can think of a puppet string on the elbow lifting to the ceiling. The string pulls your elbow directly to the ceiling which causes your lower shoulder to hang down and directly in line with the top shoulder. It also causes your bottom arm to fall behind your your hip rather than touching it. You're still tucking and holding KLT but your shoulders and hips are in the same plane until you lift and drop your body back to the side at which point you are back to having the LB oppose the UB (LB- front, UB-side).

Lannette

sweet7696 posted 05/14/2002

Thanks! That is exactly what I was looking for. Lawnmowers are my absolute favorite part of the workout. I just love that feeling when you pull up on the elbow!!!
    Jess

Sherry posted 5/15/2002

Lannette, I just love the Egyptian analogy! How fabulous and clever. I'm going to have to use that one for sure.

Pegleg posted 10/05/2004

Tapp Like An Egyptian

All Tappers in their Metatracks
    Do the T-Tapp Twist, don't you know
    If they move too quick (oh whey oh)
    They're falling down like a domino.

T-tapp Trainers with the hookah pipes say:
    Ay oh whey oh, ay oh whey oh
    Tapp like an Egyptian!
    Tapp like an Egyptian!

(Couldn't resist!)

Comment