Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone with juicy OIP/HF tweeks?

Originally posted by Rachelle 02-06-2012, 12:59 PM

I need to go back to my f&f in 15 to review miss T going over OIP/HF, and I will. In the mean time, can someone tell me - after the tighten/releases when we get the buns up are we supposed to be lifting and squeezing the buns or just squeezing the buns? Besides holding the transverse tight, what else are we concentrating on?

Rachelle

BlessedMama
    02-06-2012, 02:51 PM

Buns are lifting--but you don't have to lift as high. Squeeze the buns, keep the abs tight and do little tucks. Make sure those knees aren't going in or out--keep them hip width.

For Half Frogs, I highly recommend using a small rolled towel just below the tailbone. That helps me really curl my core on the floor and feel it in my abs more. I didn't think I needed a towel--I can stay activated without it--but I felt it took things UP a notch!

HTH!

~ ..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
    ¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
    ((¸¸.·´ ..·´ Trisch -:¦:-
    -:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*

Blessed Mama of 9 (and 14 in Heaven)
    Master T-Tapp Trainer in Northern Indiana, certified in TWO, MORE, HTF, Senior Fit and LadyBug

Rachelle
    02-06-2012, 04:18 PM

Oh yes! Thanks for the reminder with the rolled towel!

Rachelle

monica213
    02-07-2012, 06:24 AM

Starting position for OIP
    • Lie on back with knees bent and heels close to butt bones. (Feel how the internal organs naturally flatten out against the spine with gravitational pull.)
    • Tuck butt slightly, press lower back into floor and feel how the organs shift upward towards the rib cage. (you can fold a small towel to place under the tailbone if you are not strong enough to press your lower back into the floor)

First Step
    • Keep butt tucked and lower back pressed into the floor
    • Shoulders are on the ground (don't let them lift)
    • Place hands inside left hip bone and push into abdominal cavity. (Go in deep to middle knuckle)
    • Roll the organs towards the belly button
    • cough (feel the muscle that tightens when you cough? THAT is your transverse ab muscle) Tighten and relax THAT muscle, using the pressure of your finger tips to bring outward stimulation.

Second Step
    • Shoulders pressed into the ground
    • Place hands inside right hip bone and push into abdominal cavity. (Go in deep to middle knuckle)
    • Roll the organs towards the belly button
    • cough (feel the muscle that tightens when you cough? THAT is your transverse ab muscle) Tighten and relax THAT muscle, using the pressure of your finger tips to bring outward stimulation.

Third Step
    • Place hands on lower abdomen, just below bladder
    • Push fingertips into abdominal cavity and roll palms flat as you continue to push into abdomen. (You may feel some discomfort as the organs move up towards the rib cage.)

Fourth Step
    • Hold palms flat into abdominal cavity and "tighten and squeeze" the muscles underneath. Hold for 8 counts. Once strong enough, hold position for an additional 8 counts without hands on tummy.
    • Keeping butt tucked and lower back pressed into the floor, continue to do "butt tucks" never touching the floor for a total of 20 tucks.
    • Lower hips and rest 8 counts.
    • Repeat entire sequence.

Then Proceed into "Half Frog Sequence".

Here is how to increase muscle activation on HF without increasing reps.

If you have just done OIP and are in the HF position - notice where your knees are...
    • Are the knees drifted up toward your shoulders?
    • Are your ankles in alingment with your knees?
    • Is you lower back flat on the floor and tailbone off the floor?
    • Are your shoulders on the floor?

Let's increase muscle activation.
    • Lower back is on the floor with the tailbone lifted (You can use a small towel folded under the tailbone to help you if you have weak abs)
    • Press your shoulders firmly into the floor
    • Keep your ribs lifted up and away from your hips and pull that belly button in tightly to your spine and lift it up into your rib cage
    • Hands are on: abs for beginner, Goal posts with elbow out from shoulder and wrist above elbow for intermediate, and "W" position with elbows pulled in tight toward your waist and donut hands pressing into the floor and below the shoulder For adv.
    • Lift the ankles up level with the knees and point your toes
    • Extend your knees away from your shoulders (Path of least resistance makes you keep them in toward your shoulders) But only go as far as you can without losing the "pressing" of the lower back into the floor
    • Everything is engaged (lats, tummy, butt, thighs, calves)
    Try this at 10 reps and let me know how it goes.

T-Tapp Tips: "Putting the Organs in Place" followed by "Half Frogs" helps prevent groin injury. Teresa has used them to rehab professional football players who already had groin injuries. Do regular abdominal crunches after "Putting the Organs in Place" and "Half Frogs" and feel how much more effective they are. I usually do 30 regular crunches with 15 cross-over crunches to each side.

Michelle Barbuto RN - Specializing in Physical Rehab Nursing
    (¯`*•.¸Master T-Tapp Trainer, Trainer Mentor,
    Mommy Fitness Trainer, Forum Moderator¸.•*´¯)

Rachelle
    02-07-2012, 07:39 AM

Ok, Michelle! I already did it this morning, but I'll do this with my evening OIP/HF! I'll let you know!

Rachelle

BlessedMama
    02-07-2012, 07:44 AM

*bookmarks another good post by Michelle

~ ..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
    ¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
    ((¸¸.·´ ..·´ Trisch -:¦:-
    -:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*

Blessed Mama of 9 (and 14 in Heaven)
    Master T-Tapp Trainer in Northern Indiana, certified in TWO, MORE, HTF, Senior Fit and LadyBug

Rachelle
    02-07-2012, 09:11 AM

Me too! Trisch - This is quite a bit more detail, and more work that the "regular" OIP/HF! Thanks! Michelle!

Rachelle

mamalove
    02-07-2012, 09:18 AM

Wow, printing.......Awesome post, Michelle!

Abbie

Comment

Working...
    X