Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Inner Knee Pudge Tip! (From Safety Harbor 2010)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inner Knee Pudge Tip! (From Safety Harbor 2010)

Inner Knee Pudge Tip! (From Safety Harbor 2010)

10-15-2010, 01:38 PM

I thought I'd post this for anyone else having issues with that inner knee pudge!

I asked Teresa about this. I know I tend to duck out a bit if I'm not focusing on my feet during walking. But it seems with all the focus, and even making sure I'm KLT during workouts, there is still about an inch or two to pinch at those inner knees!

Teresa suggested this:

First of all--bend deeper! Tuck/curl the core, jazz the toes, then push knees out by twisting the femur out from the hip.

She said to try it just standing throughout the day, then to try it on maybe 1 move during my workouts. Also, she said to try pushing off the last 3 toes and doing jazz toes during walking--not the whole time I'm walking, but for some of it.

Jazz toes helps rebuild the metatarsals, btw!

I've just started doing this--paying more attention...especially during our 1/2 mile trek up to Clingman's Dome in the Smoky Mountains! Just from that and standing around here and there, I can already see a little less to pinch!

If you stand up and try it right now, you will feel more activation across that inner knee. And as Teresa says, "Muscle activation is the key to success!"

Can't wait to apply this tip even more!

~ ..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
    ¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
    ((¸¸.·´ ..·´ Trisch -:¦:-
    -:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*

Blessed Mama of 9 (and 14 in Heaven)
    Master T-Tapp Trainer in Northern Indiana, certified in TWO, MORE, HTF, Senior Fit and LadyBug
    (Thank you, Mom and Dad!)
    ISSA Certified Fitness Trainer

From a 22W to a 6!
    My Testimonial Tuesday

"Don't let another priceless moment slip through your fingers because
    you are 'too busy'. While you have the time, take the time."
    ~Crystal Paine~

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

Master T-Tapp Trainer in Indiana, certified in all workouts!

From a 22W to an 8!

ayj67
    10-15-2010, 01:51 PM

How to Push the last 3 toes off?

Originally posted by BlessedMama View Post

Also, she said to try pushing off the last 3 toes and doing jazz toes during walking--not the whole time I'm walking, but for some of it.
    Jazz Toes mean stretch all the toes out like you just paint your toe nails and what them to dry nicely?

Now, what does it mean by push the last 3 toes off?

BlessedMama
    10-15-2010, 02:16 PM

Yes, that's "jazz toes"!

If you have SATI, Teresa tells us to push off using the last three toes while walking. Now obviously, we're not walking around always lifting big toe, but the focus is pushing off using the last three toes vs. the big toe and pronating the knees inward (which adds to knee-knocker fat--NOT what we want! )

Does that help?

I can't sustain the walking in this fashion for very long just yet. I just tried it off and on during our half hour hike up to the observation tower Wednesday, and could really feel it!

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

Last edited by Forum Angel; 04-16-2016, 08:47 PM.
    ¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

From a 22W to an 8!

Comment

Lisa A
      10-16-2010, 10:17 AM

Originally posted by BlessedMama View Post
      She said to try it just standing throughout the day, then to try it on maybe 1 move during my workouts. Also, she said to try pushing off the last 3 toes and doing jazz toes during walking--not the whole time I'm walking, but for some of it.

Jazz toes helps rebuild the metatarsals, btw!

Trisch, does this mean push off with the last 3 toes AND jazz toes at the same time? Thanks for being so generous and sharing your tips with us!

Lisa
      T-Tapping since 9/16/09
      Down 125 pounds and 117.25 inches since May 28, 2012 with hCG & T-Tapp

My Testimonial Tuesday

My Website

BlessedMama
      10-16-2010, 10:35 AM

Yes, Lisa--doing both!

And Nancy, I hear you! I think that's why Teresa said not to try to do it the whole walk--might need someone to come get me to come back!

You are all quite welcome! I was blessed by my Angel to even go, so the least I can do is share all I learned!

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

Last edited by Forum Angel; 04-16-2016, 08:47 PM.
      ¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

From a 22W to an 8!

Comment

Working...
      X