Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help! My waist is not whittling away!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Help! My waist is not whittling away!

    Originally posted by sablesmom 09-04-2009, 12:10 PM

    Hello Ttapp trainers and staff, I'm in real need of some advice. I have been tapping for over 11 days straight, doing BWO+ and OIP/HF's, (I'm in a challenge to do BWO+ for another 20 days) prior to that I had two days off and 6 days of BWO+ and have gained a 1/4 inch on my waist. What am I doing wrong? I am a Long Combo/Short leg. I am keeping my bum tucked and tight, my shoulders back aligned with my hips, KLT. During TTT I exhale into the twist and exhale on my way down to the thigh. I try to exhale prior to going down to the thigh but would have to slow my TTT entirely. Can you give me some advice so I can begin to whittle this waist away?
    Thank you, you're all wonderful!






    Victoria

  • #2
    monica213
    #2
    09-04-2009, 12:49 PM

    Hi Victoria,

    patience You will get there. Keep your ribs lifted and up away from your hips and initiate your tuck from your lower lumbar area. Use Inst 1 and focus on fundamentals of T-Tapp.





    Michelle Barbuto RN - Specializing in Physical Rehab Nursing
    (¯`*•.¸Master T-Tapp Trainer, Trainer Mentor,
    Mommy Fitness Trainer, Forum Moderator¸.•*´¯)


    bevibrant
    #3
    09-04-2009, 12:51 PM

    Honestly you may be a little bit swollen. If I did 11 days of BWO+ in a row, I would certainly swell that much or more.

    Are you scooping abs in and up?
    Pressing back flat?
    Keeping shoulders over hips? (it's VERY easy to lean back beyond hips)






    *•.¤°°•.Kayla Howard
    Master T-Tapp Trainer

    Comment


    • #3
      Dantheman
      #4
      09-04-2009, 01:45 PM

      Hi Victoria,
      Sounds like you are almost there and Michelle is on target with PRACTICE and Patience advise. Hopefully, you’ll find these tips will be helpful.

      Use those ABS with internal resistance to create the twisting movement.


      Let’s start from the beginning.

      Feet hip width apart, foot pointing forward with the outside of your feet parallel to each other (Slightly Pigeon Toed) ; bend your knees; Tuck your butt (Pressing your Lower Lumbar region of the lower back to create a straight alignment of the spine.) Next, suck in your abs as you pull your navel in towards your spine; Raise your Rib Cage to create space between Rib Cage and hip bone; Shoulder Roll, (Up, Back and Down) and Engage your Lats and then KLT. Bring your arms up so that your Shoulder, Elbow and Waist are level with shoulders with your hands over lapping each other in front about Collar Bone Height. Press down with the top hand and Press Up with the lower Hand (Alternate hand position when you change from performing the right side to left side. Hand of the Leading Elbow should be on the bottom when you begin. So, if you are going to the Right first, then the Right Hand should be placed on the bottom as you complete the Right Side. The Change hand position when you do the Left Side). Use a mirror to adjust hand level to ensure arms are level with shoulders. Keep those shoulders back and down with lats engaged with RIBS UP. This move requires you to keep hips forward. To sustain hips forward tighten you Glutes, Hip Flexors and inside thigh muscles and hold them TIGHT. Use your abdominal muscles to create the twisting movements, and Keep that TUCK and RIB UP! RE TUCK, turn head and focus your Eyes to the Leading Elbow, Inhale Big and start the execution of the move. Exhale during the movement. Build that internal resistance so that your Abs and Oblique muscles are working. Don’t rely on the shoulder momentum to carry you back, use your Abs and Obliques, keep that leading Elbow UP and KLT harder on opposite Knee as your leading Elbow goes farther toward the back-wall, keep those Eyes on the elbow! SO it’s back for Two and over for One.
      As you come back to center, again use your Abs and Obliques to bring you back around in a controlled movement. Maintain and hold those Glutes, Hip Flexors or the Inside Thighs TIGHT, RIBS UP, Hold that TUCK, Pressing the lower back straight. As you come to center, its Tuck, RIBS UP, KLT, Shoulders Back and Down, Lats Engaged, Arms Level, Hands Pressing, and hips facing forward, Moving head to other Elbow and Eyes focused on the other Elbow, Inhale Big and Exhale as you bring the other side Elbow back towards the back-wall using only your Abs and Oblique muscles with internal resistance for the Twisting movement. Eyes on the Elbow, Keep the Leading Elbow UP, Lats Tight and KLT opposite Knee harder, Hold that Tuck and Keep those HIPS facing FORWARD!
      Inhale Big and Exhale as you come down with hands still pressing together and pointing behind knee. At the bottom of the movement relax the head and extend hands downward towards the floor, Inhale Big at the bottom and Exhale as you bring it up. At the Top, Re Tuck, Eyes on the Leading Elbow and keep it UP, Inhale and Exhale as you come back to center. As you come back to center, again use your Abs and Obliques to bring you back around in a controlled movement. RIBS UP, Hold that TUCK, Pressing the lower back straight. Keep the Glutes, Hip Flexors and Inside thigh muscles TIGHT to keep those HIP facing forward. As you come to center, its Tuck, RIBS UP, KLT, Shoulders Back and Down, Lats Engaged, Arms Level, Hand Pressing, Hips always facing Forward. Now, simply Repeat!!!
      YES, YOU CAN!!

      Dantheman

      Comment


      • #4
        adipocyte
        #5
        09-04-2009, 03:24 PM

        Victoria -- just two days ago I figured out when I'm doing the twists before the dip, that I should be turning my neck and looking behind me, rather than facing my hands. It has made a HUGE difference just in two workouts!

        Another thing that has helped me -- I needed a better workout bra. If you're well-endowed it helps you keep your ribs up!






        Sonya


        JeanM
        #6
        09-04-2009, 04:14 PM

        Great tips, Victoria, remember you're not supposed to compare yourself with others and did it take you 11 days to put on those inches.......or was it a bit longer??? You will lose......consistency and take it to the max, continue to perfect your form, follow mean ole dantheman's tips and sweet Michelle......yes, Michelle is sweet, dantheman is mean....well, maybe not, but I wouldn't want him to get a big head!

        Hang in there, Victoria.......you WILL get there! How long have you been tapping consistently? Just curious.

        Jean





        Tracey
        #7
        09-04-2009, 04:27 PM

        I love it when Dan posts his tips!






        BlessedMama
        #8
        09-04-2009, 04:57 PM

        Yes, I think we all have a love/hate relationship with Dantheman's tips!

        Bookmarked as soon as I saw his name on it! LOL!

        A few more things Victoria (as if Dan's post isn't enough! LOL!), I just heard Teresa say tuck before going down on the side (I know it was there all the time, but I just heard it! LOL!). I need that reminder.

        The other thing is fat shifts happen. And for some reason, my abs area likes to shift UP! GRRR! But, it's what it is!

        Hang in there, girl! You'll get there!






        ~ ..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
        ¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
        ((¸¸.·´ ..·´ Trisch -:¦:-
        -:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*

        Blessed Mama of 9 (and 14 in Heaven)
        Master T-Tapp Trainer in Northern Indiana, certified in TWO, MORE, HTF, Senior Fit and LadyBug


        sablesmom
        #9
        09-04-2009, 05:09 PM

        Wow! Thank you all, Michelle, Kayla, DantheMan, Sonya, and Jean. I really appreciate all of the advice and will absorb it all and execute it.
        Michelle, how many days can I do instructional 1 without over working my body. Is it the same as BWO+ that it can be done everyday? I've 20 or so more days of BWO+ for the challenge I am in.
        DantheMan, thank you so much for spelling out the routine. It has confirmed that I do everything, at least I concentrate on doing everything, that you mention except maybe the extra breath in between coming up and twisting. I don't know how to get another breath in there when I am inhaling big and exhaling bigger! and Teresa is zipping right along. I will concentrate on lifting ribs higher and letting my abs do more of the work. So, if I understand you correctly don't let the arm lead, instead let the internal abs do the twisting?
        Sonya, are you suggesting that when we come out of the twist and into the dip that I look ahead to what is behind me? I will find out tonight when I do the BWO+ or Instructional 1 if I am executing the move the same way you are. If not, I will definitely give it a try. Thank you!
        Jean, I know that there shouldn't be any comparison's, however, it's a bit difficult when the tape measure starts creeping up. Yikes! I have been on and off of Instructional 1, BWO+, SATI since 2007. Prior to starting the challenge with you I had done BWO+ for 6 days. I've been absent from doing Ttapp for some time.
        Kayla, you have a good point that I did not consider and that is that I may be swollen. I've 20 more days of this challenge and I am really hoping that the tape measure doesn't creep up anymore in the waist line. My biggest fear is gaining inches. I've too many to lose and not enough extra room in the clothing to spare!
        Anyway, I truly appreciate all of you and this wonderful forum Ttapp has for us. To have expert advice at our fingertips is invaluable! Thank you for your time, it is very generous of you!






        Victoria



        sablesmom
        #10
        09-04-2009, 05:19 PM

        Thank you, Trisch, I hear Teresa say "tuck, tuck, tuck, in my sleep! You are always so inspirational. I am witness to Ttapp taking off the inches. With you, and in the past, I would have seen a loss by now. Instead, I am seeing a gain. On a fair note, I've never tapped 6 days prior, 2 days off, then 11 days straight from there. So, I would not know what my results should be. I'm just going with what I have recorded in the past when I would do a 4 day boot camp and then every other day. The tape measure would move much more quickly.

        Thank you, all! I plan on hanging in there because I know how rewarding Ttapp is for my body, just want to make any corrections now while it's a little gain opposed to a larger one. I hope the 20 more straight days with really concentrating on form will cinch in my waist.






        Victoria



        JeanM
        #11
        09-04-2009, 06:39 PM

        Originally posted by sablesmom View Post
        Thank you, Trisch, I hear Teresa say "tuck, tuck, tuck, in my sleep! You are always so inspirational. I am witness to Ttapp taking off the inches. With you, and in the past, I would have seen a loss by now. Instead, I am seeing a gain. On a fair note, I've never tapped 6 days prior, 2 days off, then 11 days straight from there. So, I would not know what my results should be. I'm just going with what I have recorded in the past when I would do a 4 day boot camp and then every other day. The tape measure would move much more quickly.

        Thank you, all! I plan on hanging in there because I know how rewarding Ttapp is for my body, just want to make any corrections now while it's a little gain opposed to a larger one. I hope the 20 more straight days with really concentrating on form will cinch in my waist.
        Victoria, when you say in the past....how far past are you speaking and how much were you tapping in one given period of time.....I mean, which routines were you doing, how many times a week, and how long did you do it before you quit for a period of time? How many inches did you lose when you were consistent? How quickly did the inches drop? Did you hit a standstill? Why did you quit? It's hard to form an opinion without knowing all the facts. Also, please, if there is a routine for you where you lose inches more quickly than with BWO+, then by all means follow that one. Don't let this challenge hold you back, if you think you'll do better with something else. For me, I like BWO+ because it is short, it is doable for me, and if I got up thinking I have to spend 45 minutes today doing TWO, I would NOT even start it. This way I get up and think "it's ONLY 15 minutes, you can do 15 minutes", so I put my shoes on and I do it. In my case, 15 minutes is better than no workout at all, which is what I'd get if I tried to do a longer one. However, everyone is different and if you can discipline yourself to do another longer routine that gets you faster results, then you go girl!!!! But be sure you check in with us cause we'd miss you if you didn't!!!

        You're a trooper, you will do it! Thanks for bringing dantheman out of hiding!!!! Love, love, love his tips!

        Jean
        PS For the record, I'd freak out too if I had gained a little in my waist! Like the girls said, though, it could be fat shift, or it could be swollen muscles. We won't accept right yet that it was an actual gain!!!!




        nanburr
        #12
        09-04-2009, 11:17 PM

        I don't know if this helps any, but for awhile I was concentrating so hard on tucking that when I contracted my abs, I was actually sort of pushing them *out* instead of "zipping them up". That can actually make your tummy stick out more! And get bigger! Horrors! Now I "zip it all up", as Bev and Trisch say, as if I were putting on skinny jeans, and hold that as best I can while doing the moves. What a difference it is making. At first I had trouble holding in both lower and upper abs, but now I can do it and it is getting better. And things are trimming down all over. Yay!






        bursante



        JeanM
        #13
        09-04-2009, 11:29 PM

        Double yay, bursante!!!!

        Jean






        adipocyte
        #14
        09-05-2009, 12:09 AM

        Originally posted by sablesmom View Post
        Sonya, are you suggesting that when we come out of the twist and into the dip that I look ahead to what is behind me? I will find out tonight when I do the BWO+ or Instructional 1 if I am executing the move the same way you are. If not, I will definitely give it a try. Thank you!
        For me, it was about looking behind me while twisting. So you start looking forward, and then turn to the right, while you're turning, look back! Look at your leading elbow.






        Sonya

        adipocyte
        #15
        09-05-2009, 12:15 AM



        The target pop for TTT is here. Listen for the parts where she says, "use the head to look back" and "looking back with the head."



        Sonya

        Comment


        • #5
          sablesmom
          #16
          09-05-2009, 02:08 AM

          Sonya, Oh...I understand now. Yes, I do look back and follow my elbow as I twist. Thank you for directing me over to the POP video. That is really great to see in detail. Thanks again for your contribution, it is has been invaluable!






          Victoria



          sablesmom
          #17
          09-05-2009, 02:32 AM

          Originally posted by JeanM View Post
          Victoria, when you say in the past....how far past are you speaking and how much were you tapping in one given period of time.....I mean, which routines were you doing, how many times a week, and how long did you do it before you quit for a period of time? How many inches did you lose when you were consistent? How quickly did the inches drop? Did you hit a standstill? Why did you quit? It's hard to form an opinion without knowing all the facts. Also, please, if there is a routine for you where you lose inches more quickly than with BWO+, then by all means follow that one. Don't let this challenge hold you back, if you think you'll do better with something else. For me, I like BWO+ because it is short, it is doable for me, and if I got up thinking I have to spend 45 minutes today doing TWO, I would NOT even start it. This way I get up and think "it's ONLY 15 minutes, you can do 15 minutes", so I put my shoes on and I do it. In my case, 15 minutes is better than no workout at all, which is what I'd get if I tried to do a longer one. However, everyone is different and if you can discipline yourself to do another longer routine that gets you faster results, then you go girl!!!! But be sure you check in with us cause we'd miss you if you didn't!!!

          You're a trooper, you will do it! Thanks for bringing dantheman out of hiding!!!! Love, love, love his tips!

          Jean
          PS For the record, I'd freak out too if I had gained a little in my waist! Like the girls said, though, it could be fat shift, or it could be swollen muscles. We won't accept right yet that it was an actual gain!!!!
          Jean, in the past I would usually do the Instructional 1 every other day with SATI and lose 1" in my waist after a 2 week period. Actually, this is the first time I ever did BWO+ a consecutive 12 days. I'm going to stick with the challenge for now. If I find that I am continuing to gain along with checking and rechecking form I will go to EOD with instructional 1 and SATI which I know for certain will give me results. Thanks again for all of your encouragement and your guidance. Yes, this is the first time that I have ever seen Dantheman on the boards. I've read plenty of posts that he authored but they weren't recent. I'm grateful that he was able to add to the other great advice that I received. Thanks again!






          Victoria



          sablesmom
          #18
          09-05-2009, 03:20 AM

          Bursante, thank you for the zipping up tip. I am so conscious with what I am doing all the time with Ttapp and I see my reflection during the workout that I try to keep it all zipped up! LOL. I clearly know what you mean. Great description!






          Victoria



          Tamra
          #19
          09-05-2009, 04:17 AM

          Originally posted by Tracey View Post
          I love it when Dan posts his tips!
          I am with you here, Tracey






          ?Tamara?
          Trainer-in-Training, Tbilisi, Georgia


          JeanM
          #20
          09-05-2009, 05:00 AM

          Originally posted by sablesmom View Post
          Jean, in the past I would usually do the Instructional 1 every other day with SATI and lose 1" in my waist after a 2 week period. Actually, this is the first time I ever did BWO+ a consecutive 12 days. I'm going to stick with the challenge for now. If I find that I am continuing to gain along with checking and rechecking form I will go to EOD with instructional 1 and SATI which I know for certain will give me results. Thanks again for all of your encouragement and your guidance. Yes, this is the first time that I have ever seen Dantheman on the boards. I've read plenty of posts that he authored but they weren't recent. I'm grateful that he was able to add to the other great advice that I received. Thanks again!
          You were doing a long workout every other day then, Victoria. I can see where you would have been seeing good results. Well, you keep working on figuring things out and you will find what works for you. If nothing else with BWO+, you'll gain consistency and will be ready to go into your long workouts when this is over. I think you'll see some decent results though. I do remember that during one of these challenges, it was at the end of 3 weeks where I noticed the biggest change. Now, don't think 3 weeks is a magical number, I just know I was getting discouraged and then all of a sudden it seemed the tape measure started showing good results and it was at that time period.

          Keep up the good work, kiddo!

          Jean





          AngelLeigh
          #21
          09-05-2009, 02:19 PM

          LadyBug Standing Then FLOOR Rocks!

          I love T Tapp Twist, Archery Pull...these really helped my 'love handles' and sides...
          But after doing LadyBug Standing/FLOOR during the 30-Day Challenge ...I started the challenge...and did a 4 day BOOTCAMP doing LadyBug Standing/Floor back to back...
          I lost 9 inches when measuring on the 6th day! With a 3 Inch Loss on Waist/Abs/Hips.
          (Previously I was doing Basic +.....even 10 day bootcamp...Then went to a 3x Week Total Workout.....)NOW....I won't stop "LadyBugging"...doig it 3x a week...Standing/Floor
          The Ladybug move is awsome, the HoeDowns on the Floor Challenging, OIP/HF...its all there!!!
          **I was the 2008 60-Day Challenge LADYBUG winner & Grand Prize winner -- I guess I just needed to PROVE IT to MYSELF 2 time over...to really get it through my head!!!) I'm 48...always 'Hormonally Challenged it seems'
          I'm an O Blood Type too....maybe I need 3 - 1 hour workouts a week???





          cbuffy
          #22
          09-05-2009, 03:07 PM

          Thanks for the "zip it up" description! I could feel I was sticking out my abs by tucking my buns, but wasn't sure what to do different! I'll really visualize that "skinny jean" feeling and see if that helps. (I'm sure it will...)






          Cbuffy

          justkim
          #23
          09-05-2009, 06:09 PM

          Big shining lightbulb moment! Was reading Dantheman's instructions and realized that I was using momentum to twist. Not really using my abs. WOW! Can't wait to see what this will do. I've been experiencing inch loss in arms and legs, but abs hadn't really changed. This could make a big difference!






          AngelLeigh
          #24
          09-05-2009, 07:16 PM

          Originally posted by Dantheman View Post
          Hi Victoria,

          Use those ABS with internal resistance to create the twisting movement.


          Dantheman
          Thanks Dan....I think I wasn't fully activating the ABs...






          sablesmom
          #25
          09-05-2009, 09:33 PM

          Jean, you are right, it was a full workout I was losing on. I am going to try instructional 1 again, as Michelle suggested. I executed the form tips from Dantheman "Use those ABS with internal resistance to create the twisting movement." Let me tell you, there are muscles that are screaming at me right now. Also, I can't twist as far when using my abs to create the twist. I also think that my body is feeling day 12. Yes, it is feeling it!

          Dantheman, thank you for giving the form tips. I am desiring the change in my waist measurements and hope this is the key.

          Trisch, Thank you for posting your library of form tips from Dantheman. Appreciate it!






          Victoria



          JeanM
          #26
          09-05-2009, 09:35 PM

          Keep going, Victoria! My abs are screaming at me too! What a workout using those tips! Oh My!

          Jean





          sablesmom
          #27
          09-07-2009, 10:09 AM

          Hey all, GREAT NEWS!!!!

          I've lost a total of ONE inch on the waist!. I executed Dantheman's form tips and also took Michele's advice and am revisiting the Instructional 1. (Going to do that eod with BWO+) Mostly, encouragement from everyone has helped me stay focussed on my goal of inch loss!

          Thank you to all of you! Ttapp is number one in providing advice with form, workouts, and encouragement! You are all the greatest!






          Victoria



          Betsyg
          #28
          09-07-2009, 11:07 AM

          Victoria, that's FANTASTIC!!!!






          ========================================
          Betsy


          JeanM
          #29
          09-07-2009, 03:39 PM

          YAYYYYYYY, VICTORIA!!!!!

          I am sooooooooo proud of you!!!!! You go, girl!!!!!

          Love, Jean






          BlessedMama
          #30
          09-07-2009, 10:20 PM

          Victoria, that's AWESOME!

          Lisa, I created a T-Tapp folder under Exercise in my favorites on my computer (because E comes before T and I can find it easier! LOL!)

          When I find a post I want to keep, I can click add to favorites, pick the folder, then save it. I created sub-folders for form tips on different moves, certain trainers (such as Michelle Barbuto and Dantheman!).

          HTH!






          ~ ..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
          ¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
          ((¸¸.·´ ..·´ Trisch -:¦:-
          -:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*

          Blessed Mama of 9 (and 14 in Heaven)
          Master T-Tapp Trainer in Northern Indiana, certified in TWO, MORE, HTF, Senior Fit and LadyBug

          Comment

          Working...
          X