Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tuck, tuck, tuck during Hoedowns to unlock .....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuck, tuck, tuck during Hoedowns to unlock .....

Originally posted by Lannette 09-07-2004, 09:39 PM

.......your deepest form ever.

I can still remember one of the first corrections Teresa ever gave me at my first clinic. She told me to really tuck, tuck, tuck during hoedowns.

Now at the time I was having enough trouble trying to breathe, breathe, breathe that it was beyond me to think of tucking any harder!

That was more than several years ago and all this time I’ve remembered her correction and tried to work on it but with my tight long distance runner’s hips I never seemed to “get” it.

All that changed when the More tapes came out. They allowed me to work on rolling out from the ball joint like never before. And because of that they really represent the key that unlocked my hips enough that I could actually feel the tuck during hoedowns. Well….actually what I felt initially was the stretch in my standing hip flexors.

I keyed in on that sensation of hip flexor stretch and tried to intensify the feeling and little by little I discovered my tuck during hoedowns.

I can’t tell you what a difference that has made in deepening my form in just about every move standing and floor. That deepening of my form is really helping me get rid of the few pounds and inches that going through peri-menopause left me with.

If you aren’t already feeling a stretch through your standing hip flexor down through the top of your quad each time you lift your opposite knee during hoedowns concentrate on that area. Then further concentrate on tucking to the best of your ability while keeping your shoulders over hips and your ears over shoulder with torso stretched tall and I guarantee that the results will make it well worth your effort.

Lannette
    T-Tapp Trainer
Working...
X