Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thank You to Donna Wilson! My Arms Are Shaping UP!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank You to Donna Wilson! My Arms Are Shaping UP!

Originally posted by BlessedMama 10-27-2009, 07:48 PM

I know she's one busy lady and she might not even get on here....but she shared a little arm exercise that is helping me finally start to get that nice little teardrop cut! It's just a teeny bit, but before I had to flex HARD to see it and now it's there--even without flexing!

Donna is the one in Broom dvd that Teresa says "If Donna Wilson were here we'd see every muscle pop!" I tell you, ladies, she is super toned!

Basically you hold your fingers "donut" hands, lightly pressing. Almost like you were holding a hand weight--first hands face to back wall. Lift straight up towards the back wall (arms will be raising behind you). Just to your max. Hold for 2. Lower. Repeat 10 times.

Then do that all over again, with the hands facing the body (still pressing donut hands). Lift straight back again.

Last set of 10 reps you turn hands up--facing front wall, but lift back again. You will FEEL it in your triceps as well as other muscles!

Now, remember, you are tightening/activating the WHOLE arm!

I also noticed as I stand in T-Tapp stance, it helps with my abs, lifting ribs, pecs.....WOO-HOO!

My upper arms aren't huge, but they just weren't losing much nor getting very toned. My first week doing this I lost a little off of each upper arm, then another week and I started noticing a tiny little bit of the "cut"! It's looking better each week!

I try to do this at least once daily (meaning, I do each set of 10 reps once total throughout the day). It doesn't take long and I love how my arms feel while doing it!

For those of you with stubborn arms, this might be the ticket!

So THANK YOU, Donna! HUGS!

~ ..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
    ¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
    ((¸¸.·´ ..·´ Trisch -:¦:-
    -:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*

Blessed Mama of 9 (and 14 in Heaven)
    Master T-Tapp Trainer in Northern Indiana, certified in TWO, MORE, HTF, Senior Fit and LadyBug

stilltrying
    10-27-2009, 08:16 PM

Thanks for sharing Trisch! I already feel it (well, the burn).

Mary

BlessedMama
    10-27-2009, 08:21 PM

WOO-HOO!

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

TNVicki
    10-27-2009, 09:13 PM

Trisch, I wonder how this would be with the thumbs-out tweak Teresa taught us at the retreat. That really seems to be helping my shoulder alignment improve and I can see improvement in my upper arms just with that. Hmmmm....may have to try that.

And yes, Donna has AMAZING arms. In fact, when I teach T-Tapp arm exercises, I tell them we are all striving for "Donna-Arms"!

Vicki Drobnis
    Tennessee's T-Tapp Master Trainer

shh
    10-27-2009, 09:32 PM

Trisch, are your arms out to the side and back or behind you as in PBS?

Thanks,
    Suzie

rcparnell
    10-27-2009, 09:46 PM

I guess I'm a little confused, too. Are we standing as if we're holding the broom here? I REALLY need this one!

Rhonda

adrianne
    10-27-2009, 10:27 PM

Thank you Trisch (and Donna)! Just what I need since I still have no real muscle definition in my arms. I just tried it and can really feel it in the lower, flabby part of my upper arms, yey!

gretchikin
    10-27-2009, 10:30 PM

Ooooh to have Donna Arms...... Gotsta try this too! I can do THIS with a preggo belly..

Greta

AnnieFannie
    10-27-2009, 10:51 PM

Trish, can you post pictures? I'm totally confused.

What's the "thumbs out tweak"?

Anne, single, SAHM/WAHM, to 3 of the best boys ever!

Tamra
    10-28-2009, 12:00 AM

Pics would be great. I am also a little bit confused with the description

?Tamara?
    Trainer-in-Training, Tbilisi, Georgia

rmajor
    10-28-2009, 06:19 AM

I'm confused too and this sounds like a MUST to get.
    Help!

Jennifer

just7
    10-28-2009, 06:28 AM

If I'm reading this correctly, we are lifting the arms to the back wall in each variation---hands facing back wall, hands facing the body, hands facing the front wall. This would work the muscles in an "all over" way, right?

Thumbs away would be---instead of holding fingers to thumb in a "donut" shape, you fold the fingers so they are folded over themselves reaching the top of the hand. This is not a tight press, just a folding (as per Kirsten in our workshop Saturday). Your thumb is pointing out to the side.

If you apply that to Trisch's Arm movements, the thumb would be pointing straight at the body for the 1st move. The thumb would be pointing to the front wall with the next move and then out to the side wall with the next move.

Now---all this to just clarify. Let's hope a trainer (or TRISCH) comes on board and gives better instruction!

Jennifer Wife for 30 wonderful years Mom to 7--5 still at home--ages 23 to 14 (5 girls and 2 boys) Mamee to 4 T-Tapping since 2009

Tamra
    10-28-2009, 07:15 AM

The part that confuses me most: is it the straight arms that we are lifting? We face the front wall and lift straight arms towards the back wall only (as far up as we can) and the only thing that changes is the position of our hands facing the back wall, the body, and finally the front wall. Is that correct? If so, then I think I got that

?Tamara?

BlessedMama
    10-28-2009, 07:19 AM

Jennifer and Tamara are right!

Sorry about the confusion! It IS hard to explain! But yes, you are lifting your straight (as you can!) arms behind you just as far as you can--to your max.

And unless Vicki says differently, that's how I would do the "thumbs away" tweak--I tried it last night and could feel a difference!

But do what works for YOU! If you get better muscle activation with donut hands, that's fine! Main thing is don't pronate those shoulders!

Hope that clarifies! If not, I'll see about getting some pics up tonight!

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

Master T-Tapp Trainer in Northern Indiana, certified in TWO, MORE, HTF, Senior Fit and LadyBug

cbuffy
    10-28-2009, 07:25 AM

HOLY BATWINGS BATMAN!!!!!

Talk about a MOVE! Thanks Trisch for sharing that with us! I just did it standing next to my desk and now I can't type. LOL

Cbuffy

rmajor
    10-28-2009, 07:27 AM

I get it now. Thanks to everyone for clearing it all up. I'm excited to try this!

Jennifer

Tamra
    10-28-2009, 07:31 AM

Me too, I am excited. Will try to do that this evening

?Tamara?

Lori French
    10-28-2009, 07:36 AM

I would think she meant something similar to this but standing, and then following her directions for reverse. If you use a nice tight T-Tapp stance, shoulders back, lats engaged, belly in...... you are definitely working more than *just* your arms!

http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/...BKickback.html
    Using a bent elbow you are working the upper arm, straight you are using more of the shoulder, less of the upper arm, but who knows?

Lori

Blissful
    10-28-2009, 08:07 AM

I must be slow or something because I'm not quite getting it. I get the hands facing back wall part but wouldn't hands facing the body and hands facing front wall be the same?

Lucy

Tamra
    10-28-2009, 08:15 AM

Lucy, thes are 3 different moves of straight arms that you always lift back. Each time lift to the best of your ability, hold for 2 counts, down and repeat same 10 times

(1) with your hands facing back wall
    (2) with your hands facing the body
    (3) with your hands facing the front wall

?Tamara?

Blissful
    10-28-2009, 08:21 AM

so hands to the body would be more like the side of your body, or hands turned to the side? that's where I'm getting confused. I'm picturing the straight arms lifting back but the whole hands facing the body thing and hands facing front wall seems the same to me?

Lucy

cbuffy
    10-28-2009, 08:22 AM

Lucy, stand up next to your computer and give it a try right now -

Stand in t-tapp stance, roll your shoulders back, then straighten your arms next to your sides, hanging straight down, with your palms facing the back wall. Now just raise your arms behind you, keeping them straight and tight, as high as you can. Pause for 2 counts and lower. Repeat that 10 times. (watch that your shoulders don't pronate forward, if you feel your shoulders give, lower your arms a little...)

Now, keeping your arms straight and tight, turn your palms so they are facing your thighs. Keeping arms straight and tight, raise them straight up behind you as high as you can and pause for 2 counts, then lower. Repeat 10 times.

Now, arms still straight and tight, turn your palms so they are facing forward. Keeping them straight and tight, raise them straight up behind you as high as you can (remember those shoulders!) and pause for 2 counts, then lower. Repeat 10 times.

Once you have the moves figured out, you can experiment with your hands.

Option 1 - donut hands - just touching your thumb and fingertips together.
    Option 2 - lightly curl your fingers in towards your palms, but leave them soft (not a fist) and PUSH your thumb away from your palm. (thumbs away)

Give it a try! You're gonna LOVE it! You feel it in all the different muscles in your arms, you feel it in your lats, and if you start with a good t-tapp stance, you feel it in your tummy and butt too!

Trisch - you ROCK!!!!!

Cbuffy

cbuffy
    10-28-2009, 08:25 AM

On the final move, with palms forward, the more you pull your thumbs towards the back wall, the more you will feel a different muscle in your arm. You are right, hands to the thigh and hands forward feel similar, you need to really pull that thumb back to engage the third muscle group.

HTH

Cbuffy

JeanM
    10-28-2009, 08:42 AM

Oh my, I'm not Lucy, cbuffy, but I just did what you said (except for the 10 times part!) and boy can a person feel that. Mercy sakes!!!!

Yes, Trisch, thank you very much!

Jean

rmajor
    10-28-2009, 08:51 AM

very clear!!

Jennifer

searcher
    10-28-2009, 09:08 AM

Do I have this right: In the 1st part (hands facing back wall), hands are palm up so thumbs -- not little finger -- are closest to the body. ????

Are the hands actually facing the back wall (as much as they can), like Teresa does in Balance sometimes where her hand is right-angled to her arm facing the side wall? Or are they more like pointing to the back wall?

My shoulders feel like they are pronating if my hands are pointing to the back wall with the palms back. In fact, in that link Lori posted it looks like the girl's shoulder is pronated. It feels like I should I twist my arms so the shoulder is no longer pronated, rotating my elbows in toward the body. In this position, my palms are facing the side wall, or maybe the corners of the room where the side and back walls intersect.

Betsy

cbuffy
    10-28-2009, 09:15 AM

Just go to your max. Whatever feels right - probably is. I don't feel my shoulders pronating with my palms facing the back wall (and thumb toward the thigh) until I lift my arms "too" high. I'm really "holding the pencil" between my shoulder blades as I'm lifting though.

Cbuffy

Blissful
    10-28-2009, 09:30 AM

got it Cbuffy! duh! hitting forehead. thanks!!!!!!

Lucy

Julie in IN
    10-28-2009, 09:32 AM

Oh I am loving this move for my "bye, bye, Martha" arms that wave in the wind.

Thank you for sharing. This is a problem area due to years and years of nursing chubby babies; rich milk comes at a price but hopefully this move will show a big difference.

I like that I can do this exercise when I'm in the bathroom for a few minutes without an audience of 6 kids.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Julie in IN

BlessedMama
    10-28-2009, 10:33 AM

Thanks, cbuffy! You did a MUCH better job than me of explaining it thoroughly!

Betsy, yes, there's a tendency to pronate with the palms back, but as cbuffy said, get those lats set (pencil between the shoulder blades analogy--like you're trying to hold it there) and just go as high as you can without compromising the shoulders. It probably won't be very high! Especially at first. And that's okay! We're going for Awesome Donna Arms here!

Lori, maybe I'm put together weird, or maybe it's just where I feel it, but when I do it straight arm, everything tight and engaged, I feel it in those triceps like I never did before! I'm sure that move you linked to could be beneficial, too, though, with proper T-tapp form!

And yeah, you're getting more bang for the buck than just those arms!

I'll share another "arms" tip (might have already shared this, but since we're talking Awesome Arms here....)

I have a BIG problem being trap dominant during the Arms portion of TWO. The new tweak with the folded over fingers and thumbs away is really helping! So instead of a donut hand, I've got thumbs away (they're actually pointing straight up in first position), then curl in/thumbs point at shoulders, back out, etc. For the combos, curl in as above, straight up/thumbs are pointing at each other, curl down, then out.

I found that I am really able to keep my lats engaged more (and my tummy tight and buns tucked and.... ) AND I feel it in my upper arms more! I think before my shoulder was still doing too much of the work!

So that's a sneak peek into my SH notes for Arms!

Thanks to all you ladies for helping to clarify things for me!

[And Julie, I'm with you! A great "sneak it in" exercise! ]

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

Last edited by Forum Angel; 03-24-2017, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Comment

shh
        10-28-2009, 10:52 AM

Thanks, cbuffy, it is very clear now. And thanks, Trisch for sharing this.

Suzie

jennpleez
        10-28-2009, 10:56 AM

Fantastic! Thanks for sharing this move Trisch! LOVE IT!

Jenn Harpole ~ Friend Me!

stilltrying
        10-28-2009, 11:25 AM

Trisch, I think your thumbs are more gifted than mine!

Mary

carist
        10-28-2009, 11:48 AM

I'd love to get my shapely deltoids back. About 5 years ago I was very active with a style of kung fu that relied on straight punches. At the end of every practice we'd do about 1000 of them in a row, about 5 per second. I was so proud of my arms I'd wear a sleeveless shirt whenever I could!

Talking about it is making me miss it, and they don't have classes where I live now. Sounds like it's time to try Trisch's method!

Here's a vid if you want to see what I'm talking about. They were killer.

Denise

cbuffy
        10-28-2009, 11:49 AM

Trisch - sorry for hijacking your post - I was SO excited to feel those muscles! Can't thank you enough for sharing this one! Of course, I may RESCIND those thanks tomorrow when I can't actually MOVE my arms. I can definitely feel it... and it's been hours!

Don't tell Dan about this move - he'll come tweak it more and we'll all be in trouble! LOL

Cbuffy

Lori French
        10-28-2009, 11:58 AM

Aww, Denise, that video didn't take me to a specific one....... Just curious, not that I'd actually want to do it, LOL!

Lori

BlessedMama
        10-28-2009, 12:01 PM

cbuffy, nothing to be sorry about! You did a GREAT job explaining it!

And yes, we need to keep this secret from Dan......

1000 punches, Denise?! And that at the END of every practice?! I'll BET your arms looked goooooooood! I'm afraid to even watch!

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

carist
        10-28-2009, 12:03 PM

Lori,
        lol. Believe me, you don't want to try them! It was fun to feel pretty badass when I got good at them, though, especially since I was the only girl in the class!

I wonder what happened to the link. I was trying to keep it from embedding the video. Go to youtube and search for "Wing Chun centerline punch" and you'll see it.

Denise

Lori French
        10-28-2009, 01:03 PM

Yeah, Denise, pretty sure I wouldn't want to do that! Actually makes my elbows hurt just watching. But, as with anything, good form, is a must, I'm sure. Bravo to you for being able to do it, do it successfully, and especially, in an all male class! You Go Girl!!!

*But* I'm pretty sure you can get the same, or better arms, in a less damaging way, with T-Tapp! And besides, T-Tapp doesn't bang up your hands!

Lori

carist
        10-28-2009, 01:18 PM

Oddly enough, I never had any elbow pain. I suppose it looks like it would be hard on the elbow, but in practice it's not. The key is to be totally loose--no tense muscles--and you end up getting amazing power from that.

Yes, t-tapp does have the advantage of not making my knuckles red! But I was missing it more for the enjoyment of the work rather than for the benefit to my arms. I felt very powerful doing kung fu, and because of muscle memory, I still have some of the very good reflexes I had to develop back then to avoid being hit--I think I only got my lip busted 2 or 3 times!

Denise

stilltrying
        10-28-2009, 02:17 PM

After reading all the comments, I finally looked at my arms in the mirror. I can see a little definition! Wahoo! I wasn't really expecting it even though I've been working out almost every day.

Mary

Ani
        10-28-2009, 04:32 PM

Okay, I'm at work, but I had to stand up and try this. Powerful! Thanks, Trisch!

Andrea

gretchikin
        10-28-2009, 06:57 PM

Alrighty--NOW I feel it eeeveen mooooreee! I wasn't going backwards like tricep stuff.. I was going forward, and still feeling it killer. Going backward I can tell will really work the definition. We're all gonna be ripped!

Greta

gretchikin
        10-28-2009, 06:58 PM

Don't tell Dan about this move - he'll come tweak it more and we'll all be in trouble! LOL __________________
        Cbuffy
        LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!

Greta

Nati
        10-29-2009, 01:06 AM

Thanks for posting this. I think I'm gonna have to make me a folder for all the twerks and tips I'm amassing so I won't forget any of them.

Comment

Think Young
          10-29-2009, 05:38 AM

cbuffy thanks for the detailed instructions. I will be trying this soon!

Dantheman
          10-29-2009, 07:02 AM

Cbuffy, BessedMama, and Gretchikin,,,
          One of these days Girls, One of these days!!! Your little secret has been blown!
          And Yes, I can TWEAT this and you would again hate me! Drink your milk, and eat your
          spinach and let me know when you are ready to Take It Up A NOTCH! BAM~! Arms like
          Popeye.
          But You Secret Keepers are in Deep .......!! One Of These Days Girls, One of These Days!!

I Double Dog Dare one of you to ask for these tweaks! Yes, that's a Double Dog Dare!

Dantheman

BlessedMama
          10-29-2009, 07:06 AM

OH, NOOOOOOOOOOO! We've been found out, Girls!

Quick, HIDE!

Or....maybe.....

Maybe we'll just TAKE YOU UP on that dare, Dan!!!

Bring it on!

[but we want arms like Donna's, not Popeye's!]

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

just7
          10-29-2009, 07:30 AM

WOOHOO!!! Dan's here!!

See, Dan, *I* appreciate you!!!

Bring it on, Sir, Bring it on!!!

Jennifer Wife for 30 wonderful years Mom to 7--5 still at home--ages 23 to 14 (5 girls and 2 boys) Mamee to 4 T-Tapping since 2009

Dantheman
          10-29-2009, 07:42 AM

Oh Jennier,
          You are a Champion!! But you have No ideal what you are asking for. I can only hope that your stength is as stong as your Spirit.

Ok, I'll put it together and post it soon. But you will have to do it! RIGTH! You and all those Secret KEEPERS!! I hope I don't hear them crying to much.

MAMA,, Looks like you and CBUBBY and Gretchikin are going to be POPEYE ARMED sooner than you thought!!! HA! GOOD LUCK, Today, I will give you a little task of a Dantheman's workout!

Keep an eye out to my next reply, it will be a Killer arm move!!

Dantheman

BlessedMama
          10-29-2009, 07:50 AM

Forget the spinach! I've got my PG spray!

Fire when ready, Mr. Dan!

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

cbuffy
          10-29-2009, 08:02 AM

Aaaaahhhh - I already can hardly move my arms - I did several sets yesterday - and then my yoga instructor decided to focus on triceps! Sheesh!

But Dan - I'm ready... bring it on. I only have 25 more days until I turn 50 - so do your worst. (best)

However, I'd like to know one little thing.

WHO BLABBED???????

Cbuffy

Comment

Dantheman
            10-29-2009, 08:44 AM

This move requires a warm up first, so do a Primary Back Stretch.

ALL Warmed up? OK!

Position your self up against a wall and get into the T-Tapp Stance.
            Feet are HIP or slightly less width, Toes are forward with the outside of the
            Feet being parallel, toes slight pigeon toed. Bend knees, (Knees never extent pass
            Your Toes), Tuck Butt, pressing the small of the back into the wall, Suck in those Abs
            and pull the navel into towards the spine. (Be sure you are sucking in lower abs, mid and upper Abs)
            Lift Ribs, extend Shoulders up towards ears, then press them back and down and engage Lats and KLT.
            • Straighten Arms with hands barely touching the thighs. Place Palms of hand flat against the wall. Keep those Lats engaged and Extend hands downward inching your fingers down as far as you can towards the floor. Keep the arms in alignment, don’t let them flair out or in they should be directly under shoulders.
            • Inhale, and PRESS, Fingers, Palms, Wrist, lower Arm, Elbow and upper arm into the wall,,,, Exhale as you PRESS, PRESS!! Keep the TUCK and PRESS the Lower back and Shoulders TIGHT against the wall, PRESS PRESS , HOLD and count , ONE ONE THOUSAND, TWO ONE THOUSAND and Release ARMS ONLY
            • Again, Inhale and PRESS, Fingers, Palms, Wrist, lower Arm, Elbow and upper arm into the wall,,,, Exhale as you PRESS, PRESS!! Keep the TUCK PRESS the Lower back and Shoulders TIGHT against the wall, PRESS PRESS , HOLD and count , ONE ONE THOUSAND, TWO ONE THOUSAND and Release.
            • Now, Take two or three step out away from the wall and resume T-Tapp Stance, Check, FEET, TUCK and Press the lower back as if you where still against the wall, AB’s in, Ribs up, Shoulder up, back and down, Lats tight and KLT.
            • Arms, Straight, Extending Down come on, Extend them down keep the Lats TIGHT and Pressing Lower Back.
            • Hand into Donut Hands, Position hands so that the Donut hole (thumb and forefinger are turned towards the back wall).
            • Build tension (internal resistance) in the arms as if they where against the wall. Inhale and begin SLOWLY SLOWLY PRESSING and moving hands back to back wall, Hold the Tuck and Press the lower back, keep those arms straight AND EXTENDING DOWN and BACK and don’t let them flair out or in. PRESSING PRESSING all the way back and HOLD and count it out ONE ONE THOUSAND, TWO ONE THOUSAND. HOLD THAT TENSION and Begin to SLOWLY SLOWY PRESS and EXTEND the arms BACK to starting position. PRESSING AND EXTENDING ALL THE WAY.
            • Do four reps SLOW for Muscle Cut
            • Then FOUR Fast reps for Agility and Flexibility.
            • Repeat with Donut hands facing front wall, and Donut hands to the side wall. To position hands to the sidewall, Place hands down by your side, make Donut hands. The Donut will be facing front wall. Twist Donut hands from the front wall outwards towards sidewall as far as you can keeping the arms straight.
            • ALL WAYS KEEP THE ARMS IN ALIGNMENT TO SHOULDERS; Don’t let then flair out of inward during the movement.

ENJOY!!!

Dantheman

Comment

cbuffy
              10-29-2009, 08:53 AM

I was almost afraid to look!!!! LOL

Ok. I'm up for this challenge. IF I can still type when I'm done.. I'll report back.

BTW - I was showing this to a lady in my office who is a beginner tapper. She is a MORE, and couldn't keep her hands from flairing.

So my question is - when you are pressing against the wall, what if your, um, bottom half, doesn't permit your arms to go straight down from the shoulder? Do you put them "behind" your behind? (grin)

Cbuffy

Dantheman
              10-29-2009, 09:02 AM

CBUBBY,
              This specific move as defined above is not targeted for Beginners. It's too advanced! If your co-worker is interested in doing this move it should be done with less intensity. Her arms will rest at her side and she should try to hold that position/width what ever that width is. She can gradually begin to build resistance as she becomes stronger.

Dantheman

cbuffy
              10-29-2009, 09:05 AM

Well, Dan, I would thank you for that update, but I CAN'T MOVE MY ARMS!!!!!

Wow - that took this to a whole new level!
              Watch out Popeye!!!!!!

Cbuffy

just7
              10-29-2009, 10:33 AM

I am assuming that when our donut hole is facing the back wall we have to work REALLY Hard on NOT pronating those shoulders forward, engaging the LATS and pulling them back???

And thank you, dear DANTHEMAN!! Looking out for our best!!!

Blissful
              10-29-2009, 10:45 AM

Just7 when he said donut hole facing back I was thinking the same thing but I'm thinking he meant turn the arms out away from your body to get the donut hole to face the back as opposed to turning the arm inward to get the donut hole to the back. is that what you mean?

Lucy

Tara*
              10-29-2009, 11:12 AM

Oh Thank you Dan again!
              My arms would be thanking too but they are just numb after this... so they are very silent for the moment

BlessedMama
              10-29-2009, 11:38 AM

I did PBS, then Donna's sequence, THEN Dan's! I was starting to sweat with PBS, but I was dripping after Dan's! Then went on to finish BWO+!

Yep, the arms are protesting! I say, "Bye, bye, second wave!"

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

Comment

Tara*
                10-29-2009, 11:56 AM

Trisch you are tough like an army-girl!

Dantheman
                10-29-2009, 12:29 PM

For Clarification>>>
                The First Donut hand position begins with the Dunut next to thighs(Palms facing backwall). You can increase muscle activation by twisting the Donut a bit more towards the back wall. For those who have high flexibility in the arm-shoulder joint, don't twist Donut all the way to backwall.
                The Second Donut hand position is with Donut facing the front wall (Palms facing thighs)
                The Third Donut hand position is with Donut facing out to the sidewall (Palms facing toward front wall). You can increase muscle activation by twisting the Donut a bit more towards the backwall. If you have high flexibility in the arm-shoulder joint, don't twist Donut hand all the way to backwall.

Hope that helps!

Dantheman

cbuffy
                10-29-2009, 12:41 PM

As always - that was VERY helpful!
                Thanks Dan!

Cbuffy

BlessedMama
                10-29-2009, 01:36 PM

Yep!

Then go try to do Donna's sequence again later in the day...YOWZA!

Gonna try to get one more set of Dan's in tonight as I'll be gone tomorrow and no walls to push against! LOL!

Can't wait for the fat to melt off and see the muscles pop!

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

cbuffy
                10-29-2009, 02:20 PM

Don't forget to stretch out that lactic acid like in More Chair... it really does make a difference in whether or not you can move your arms later in the day. (Not to mention the NEXT day...)

Cbuffy

gretchikin
                10-29-2009, 04:03 PM

WOWZA thanks Dan! You ARE the Man I'll have to try this.. but need to clear a path to a wall first.. I've been organizing closets and rearranging baby clothes (gotta be prepared so I don't go into labor too early, eh? maybe it'll help?)

So excited for some cut arms! (and not just burned from the pizza oven..)

Greta

TNVicki
                10-29-2009, 08:31 PM

WOW, Dan! Thanks for the tweaks! I did a couple of the wall presses before I left to teach my T-Tapp class tonight. My arms were feeling it driving into town. Then I taught my class - YOWZA! They felt it too, and LOVED IT!

I think there's some Muscle Mist in my future tonight!

Vicki Drobnis

BlessedMama
                10-29-2009, 09:34 PM

Dan, for all my teasing, I want you to know that I have a folder with YOUR name on it in my T-Tapp Favorites!

See, we all really love you!

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

Tamra
                10-29-2009, 10:41 PM

Indeed so, Trisch. I am saying this as another *lover* of Dan's tips and holder of the "Dan's tips" folder
                Dan, best regards from the other side of the globe

?Tamara?

nitarose104
                10-29-2009, 11:59 PM

And who exactly is this wonderful DantheMan? I have only heard of his name once. Is there somewhere to find all of his wonderful tips? Thanks.

"Nifty" Nita

Tamra
                10-30-2009, 12:44 AM

Nita, if you search the forum by name (Dantheman) you will end up with tons of his wonderful tips each being a pearl

?Tamara?

Dantheman
                10-30-2009, 06:54 AM

You Ladies are too much! Thank you!

As for you Nitarose, I am the man here in the Great USA that has the Authority (self appointed) to KICK BUTT AND TAKE NAMES when T-Tapper's are not following this simply Formula to T-TAPP Success.

PROPER FORM, ISOMETRIC CONTRACTIONS and CONSISTENANCY!

There are a few (I wouldn't mention their names but just look at the list of names on this post) women that love to "hate" me (in a good way, I HOPE) after they have enjoyed implementing a few of my TIPs. Hearing my name is not necessarily a bad thing, it means you are progressing well in your T-Tapp workouts and getting stronger! GOOD FOR YOU!!

Study Hard, Workout Harder, and Enjoy Your T-Tapp Journey! But MOST of ALL:

Follow the T-TAPP FORMULA for Your Fitness and Health SUCCESS!

YES YOU CAN!

Dantheman

BlessedMama
                10-30-2009, 07:11 AM

Yes, Nita, Dantheman is THE MAN we LOVE to HATE! LOL!

Actually, we all quick click on his name when we see it come up to see what GREAT new tweaks he's giving!

There is a thread on here with a LOT of his tips and I posted by each link what it was for---gonna have to go add the Popeye/Donna Wilson arms tweak now!

I'll see if I can bump it up for you!

Can it be possible to see results in ONE day?! The "teardrop" is slightly showing up at the TOP of my arms! WOO-HOO!

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

JeanM
                10-30-2009, 07:19 AM

Oh mercy sakes, and here I thought I had printed out all the tips for Donna's/Trisch's arms and y'all go and light a fire under Dantheman's hiding place! OK, now I've printed out his tips and as soon as the sleep gets out of these Magoo eyes and I have my first cup of coffee I'll actually read them......might actually "try" to do them at some point!

A girlfriend and I are going downtown this morning using our metro (should be an adventure!) and maybe I'll just whip out a few of those moves while we're walking around Union Station or visting the Spy Museum!!!! We won't look too out of place, I don't think!

Dan, go back to sleep now!

Have a great no arms flappin' anymore day, girls!

Jean

cbuffy
                10-30-2009, 08:18 AM

Yes Trisch. You CAN see results in one day. At least I did... my arms were already starting to look pretty good, but now I can absolutely see that little cut at the top and a teardrop starting to take shape!!! I want to walk around flexing all the time! LOL (except I never wear sleeveless...)

Cbuffy

Comment

Butterflymama
                  10-30-2009, 08:59 AM

Good grief, there's more? I tried out the first tips Trisch posted yesterday. Then I wondered why my arms were sore this morning, until I awoke from my fog and logged in here! Every time I check in here there's a new form of torture to try out. I just thought of a good name for them - Tweaks of Torture! Keeps with the double T theme here.

Vicki

Blissful
                  10-30-2009, 10:16 AM

wait a minute! Dan I thought you lived in the UK? you're in America? just curious
                  I dig all of your tips too, they're fabulous! haven't tried this new arm tweak but aiming for that today

Lucy

nitarose104
                  10-30-2009, 10:18 AM

Oh, Vicki, I love that Tweaks of Torture. How right you are. I did Trish's arm movements yesterday and yes, I feel them. Have yet to do Dan's. I think I'll give it a rest for one day as I can just feel what I did yesterday. I am certain that Dan's will a whole new dimension to my arm workouts. Thanks for all the info and points, fellow T-Tappers.

"Nifty" Nita

Blissful
                  10-30-2009, 10:32 AM

BTW who is this lovely Donna Wilson that began all this torture (JK) so we could have arms like hers??? I am loving this move, can feel it from yesterday and I didn't even do all 10 reps

Lucy

Jillmar
                  10-30-2009, 11:07 AM

This is the fabulous Donna!
                  https://www.t-tapp.com/trainers/donna-wilson

Lucy, I think you are thinking of Sean. He's from the UK. Dan is from the U.S.!

Jill Brightbill
                  T-Tapp Trainer

Blissful
                  10-30-2009, 11:10 AM

you're right Jill! that's exactly what I was thinking! My apologies Dan! I'm just not used to seeing too many men on here, not that I'm complaining! I happen to like men! LOL

Lucy

MomofFiveGirls
                  10-30-2009, 11:51 AM

Trisch, you are a lovely angel! I was about to ask for help with the kimono arms, and you read my mind! Thanks for all the pointers everyone; looking forward to awesome arms!

Blissful
                  10-30-2009, 02:50 PM

Donna Wilson looks amazing! You do have fabulous arms Donna!!

Lucy

TNVicki
                  10-31-2009, 04:55 PM

Used this again when teaching my T-Tapp class today. AMAZING! My triceps are definitely feeling it!

I used the thumb out tweak Teresa showed us at Safety Harbor this year for a variation to this sequence. This really helped my shoulders to stay back in alignment, and I felt it more than with the donut hands. Just another variation to try.

Vicki Drobnis

gretchikin
                  11-01-2009, 09:06 PM

Just so you know, Dan, there's NO hate coming from my neck of the woods. Just awestruck wonderment

Greta

rskontos
                  11-01-2009, 09:31 PM

Originally posted by Dantheman View Post
                  This move requires a warm up first, so do a Primary Back Stretch.

ALL Warmed up? OK!

Position your self up against a wall and get into the T-Tapp Stance.
                  Feet are HIP or slightly less width, Toes are forward with the outside of the
                  Feet being parallel, toes slight pigeon toed. Bend knees, (Knees never extent pass
                  Your Toes), Tuck Butt, pressing the small of the back into the wall, Suck in those Abs
                  and pull the navel into towards the spine. (Be sure you are sucking in lower abs, mid and upper Abs)
                  Lift Ribs, extend Shoulders up towards ears, then press them back and down and engage Lats and KLT.
                  Straighten Arms with hands barely touching the thighs. Place Palms of hand flat against the wall. Keep those Lats engaged and Extend hands downward inching your fingers down as far as you can towards the floor. Keep the arms in alignment, dont let them flair out or in they should be directly under shoulders.
                  Inhale, and PRESS, Fingers, Palms, Wrist, lower Arm, Elbow and upper arm into the wall,,,, Exhale as you PRESS, PRESS!! Keep the TUCK and PRESS the Lower back and Shoulders TIGHT against the wall, PRESS PRESS , HOLD and count , ONE ONE THOUSAND, TWO ONE THOUSAND and Release ARMS ONLY
                  Again, Inhale and PRESS, Fingers, Palms, Wrist, lower Arm, Elbow and upper arm into the wall,,,, Exhale as you PRESS, PRESS!! Keep the TUCK PRESS the Lower back and Shoulders TIGHT against the wall, PRESS PRESS , HOLD and count , ONE ONE THOUSAND, TWO ONE THOUSAND and Release.
                  Now, Take two or three step out away from the wall and resume T-Tapp Stance, Check, FEET, TUCK and Press the lower back as if you where still against the wall, ABs in, Ribs up, Shoulder up, back and down, Lats tight and KLT.
                  Arms, Straight, Extending Down come on, Extend them down keep the Lats TIGHT and Pressing Lower Back.
                  Hand into Donut Hands, Position hands so that the Donut hole (thumb and forefinger are turned towards the back wall).
                  Build tension (internal resistance) in the arms as if they where against the wall. Inhale and begin SLOWLY SLOWLY PRESSING and moving hands back to back wall, Hold the Tuck and Press the lower back, keep those arms straight AND EXTENDING DOWN and BACK and dont let them flair out or in. PRESSING PRESSING all the way back and HOLD and count it out ONE ONE THOUSAND, TWO ONE THOUSAND. HOLD THAT TENSION and Begin to SLOWLY SLOWY PRESS and EXTEND the arms BACK to starting position. PRESSING AND EXTENDING ALL THE WAY.
                  Do four reps SLOW for Muscle Cut
                  Then FOUR Fast reps for Agility and Flexibility.
                  Repeat with Donut hands facing front wall, and Donut hands to the side wall. To position hands to the sidewall, Place hands down by your side, make Donut hands. The Donut will be facing front wall. Twist Donut hands from the front wall outwards towards sidewall as far as you can keeping the arms straight.
                  ALL WAYS KEEP THE ARMS IN ALIGNMENT TO SHOULDERS; Dont let then flair out of inward during the movement.

ENJOY!!!

Dantheman
                  Ahhmmmm,

Well, since today I did Tempo Arms I am feeling my arms so I will save this torture, oops, movement for tomorrow providing I can move my arms again. I want to have pretty arms again so I am determined to make Trisch's arm torture and yours Dantheman, into my daily routine and one day I will have teardrop, drop dead gorgeous arms again

Rhonda K in Indy

ps when I do have my gorgeous arms I will always wear sleeveless shirts even in the dead of winter

BlessedMama
                  11-02-2009, 09:25 AM

Okay, I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!

I look down at my arms, and without flexing a bit, I can see some nice "cuts"!

WOO-HOO!

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

just7
                  11-02-2009, 10:41 AM

Super Happy for you, Trisch!! We (dd and I) are really feeling this move as well! I haven't done Dan's tips yet...just printed them out. I will---as soon as the pain from this one goes away!

AnnieFannie
                  11-04-2009, 09:05 AM

Quick question. Are the arms supposed to start at your side or at your POP on your behind? This is for the original post not for Dan's moves.

BlessedMama
                  11-04-2009, 09:13 AM

At your side, Anne. You will keep them straight, then try to lift straight back just to your point of position without causing strain.

HTH!

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

Comment

cbuffy
                    11-04-2009, 09:26 AM

And without pronating your shoulders. It's easy to have those shoulders roll forward when moving your arms back... watch that! (grin)

Cbuffy

Rachelle
                    11-04-2009, 09:39 AM

How did I miss this thread??

I am really excited to incorporate this into my routine (yay! I have a routine!!)
                    Can we do this everyday? or should it be every other day?
                    I just tried a few reps and I'm feeling it!

Rachelle

AnnieFannie
                    11-04-2009, 09:43 AM

Originally posted by BlessedMama View Post
                    At your side, Anne. You will keep them straight, then try to lift straight back just to your point of position without causing strain.

HTH!
                    Thanks Trish! I did it this morning and I found myself putting my arms on my fanny. I thought it seems really odd. I'm so glad I asked.

BlessedMama
                    11-04-2009, 11:41 AM

Glad that helped, Anne! And thanks to cbuffy for the additional tip! (She helps keep me in line! )

Rachelle, I've been doing it daily! I cannot believe how much definition I'm getting in my arms! I actually spend a little time admiring them when I brush in the mornings!

Note on Dantheman's Killer Tip to do at least PBS before doing his version!

You'll be doing something the next day, thinking, "Goodness my arms are sore! Wonder what I've been doing......"

LOL!

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

AnnieFannie
                    11-04-2009, 11:51 AM

I am so glad this was posted. I've noticed shoulder and bicep definition while Tapping but the backs of my arms have remained so loose, ala Oprah. I'm looking forward to that firming up, FINALLY!

TriciaJ
                    11-04-2009, 01:24 PM

Great tips! thanks so much! I have also been very dismayed about no change in my tricep area. One question: are these two moves ok to do every day- or will that be overtraining/and slow results?
                    thanks, tricia

Rachelle
                    11-04-2009, 01:34 PM

oh, man! I spoke too soon about incorporating this into my wo! I did Beg/rehab for my total wo today and my arms are sore from just doing that! I think I will have to put this move on the back burner for awhile...

Rachelle

Rachelle
                    11-04-2009, 01:37 PM
                    Rachelle, I've been doing it daily! I cannot believe how much definition I'm getting in my arms! I actually spend a little time admiring them when I brush in the mornings! LOL!
                    That is so much fun! Trisch! I really need help in this area, and now I have something to look forward to doing. - after I get in the swing of doing my regular wo's!!

Rachelle

BlessedMama
                    11-04-2009, 03:34 PM

TriciaJ, I've been doing it every day. I don't do a lot of Total workouts, though. Maybe if you do TWO, you might want to skip that day--if nothing else to save your arms! LOL!

As Dantheman posted, if you do his variation, be sure you're warmed up with at least PBS first. And if you decide to do it with your workout, do it last. Or you will hardly be able to move your arms for plies and Reach Scoops!

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

TriciaJ
                    11-04-2009, 04:39 PM

Hi Trisch- thanks for the reply- and the reminder to warm up! going right now to try out those moves. blessings, tricia

BlessedMama
                    11-04-2009, 05:05 PM

You're welcome!

I feel like I'm talking to myself--I was Tricia for a few years before I shortened it to Trisch!

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

jancon
                    11-05-2009, 11:43 AM

Thanks Trisch and Dan for the arms tips. Have been doing them daily and already lost in the arms about half inch so far.

jancon
                    TNT Altus, Oklahoma

TriciaJ
                    11-05-2009, 06:48 PM

bump...would love to hear more tips for arms! thanks, tricia

fruitvine
                    11-09-2009, 08:22 AM

I hadn't read this thread in a while but I've been doing Donna's arm moves for 3 days and yes, my triceps are sore. Unfortunately I just read Dan's tips and *sigh* I know I'm gonna HAVE to do them.

Actually it's WOO-HOOOO and HALLELUJAH--because I know that muscle activation and taking it to the next level means results! I've been doing the arms right before bed and I lay there waiting for the "almost numb" feeling to go away, but it's all good.

**Charlotte Siems**
                    T-Tapp Master Trainer, certified in Senior Fit
                    ISSA Certified Fitness Trainer

BlessedMama
                    11-09-2009, 08:42 AM

Oh, yes, you MUST add Dan's tips, Charlotte! I'm starting to see that teardrop "cut" in my upper arms! Like I said, I've been a bit vain lately.......

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

Comment

Tina71
                      11-09-2009, 09:15 AM

I just read this whole thread. Can't wait to try the arm moves. My arms are already sore from painting the ceiling on our deck yesterday. lol

Tina

BlessedMama
                      11-13-2009, 11:40 AM

Haven't measured yet this week, but ladies (and gents!), I am DEFINITELY seeing DEFINITION like NEVER before!

That bulkiness in my upper arms is FINALLY melting away!

YES!

Thank you AGAIN, Dan and Donna!!!

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

Dantheman
                      11-13-2009, 11:49 AM

Trisch,
                      It's all YOU! You are doing all the work! You should be thanking, YOU!

Dantheman

BlessedMama
                      11-14-2009, 02:33 PM

You're too sweet, Dan! (You CAN be sweet, can't you! LOL!)

Just thought I'd report---ANOTHER 1/4 INCH OFF EACH ARM!!!!!

Believe me when I tell you that I do NOT lose 1/4 inch two weeks in a row off my arms!

Not even two MONTHS in a row!!!!

This is GREAT!!!!

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

paymb26
                      11-14-2009, 03:08 PM

Ok Trisch, gotta ask - HOW many times a day do you do this routine??? I just do it once a day, and am sore, but think it will eventually help my bats from swinging, and I know you get my drift

And thank you for posting this routine!! Someday I may even be able to try Dan's torture-improvements on it.

-Paym

BlessedMama
                      11-14-2009, 06:32 PM

Paym, I usually do Donna's routine once a day and Dan's once daily. Sometimes I do Donna's twice a day!

I did miss a few days last week--but one of those days I did TWO and REALLY focused during the Arms portion!

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

Butterflymama
                      05-01-2010, 06:58 AM

Bump

It's short sleeves time and this deserves a bump

Vicki

Julie in IN
                      05-01-2010, 10:52 AM

Originally posted by Butterflymama View Post
                      It's short sleeves time and this deserves a bump
                      Amen! This is a vital thread for all T-tappers with tone arms --->>>

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Julie in IN

BlessedMama
                      05-01-2010, 10:55 AM

If I may humbly agree.....

I've not been as consistent myself, but even then, I have not lost the nice cuts I gained last fall doing these moves consistently for 4 weeks, then at least 3 times a week for another month!

Time to get back to consistency! Thanks for the bump, Vicki!

Julie, love those smileys "toning" their arms!!!

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

Joyfirst
                      05-01-2010, 05:45 PM

I am so glad you bumped it up - we can always use some simple, but effective exercises for arms - I tried and I can definetely feel my muscles. I wonder, if this is considered t-tapp, can we do it while in 60 day challenge?

Butterflymama
                      05-01-2010, 07:14 PM

After doing just 3 sets of these, I am quite sore and need to take a day off!

Vicki

BlessedMama
                      05-01-2010, 09:41 PM

LOL Vicki!

Joyfirst, I think they probably would not be allowed. You can only do the T-Tapp moves that are in the workout you choose, and these aren't on a workout, although it was a T-Tapp trainer that showed me the moves (with ABSOLUTELY fabulous arms! ) and another one that offered his torture---er---I mean TREMENDOUS tweaks my guess is they would not be allowed.

I'm not the final say-so, however that's how I understand the 60 Day Challenge rules.

But you have a week or so before it starts, right?!

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

Joyfirst
                      05-01-2010, 10:02 PM

Right, almost a week!

TaraC
                      05-02-2010, 01:59 AM

I tried the movements but I didn't feel it in my arms, only my shoulders. Or rather in between my shoulders, I could feel the burn.

Maybe I was doing it wrong??

Tara

T-Tapp Trainer, certified in TWO & HTF

BlessedMama
                      05-02-2010, 06:16 PM

Are you contracting the arms to move? When you do Dan's tweak, make SURE you start by being up against a wall. Getting that kinetic awareness by pushing against the wall with first the upper arms, then lower, then hands really helps when you do them away from the wall.

Sometimes it takes time to get the muscles on board--especially if they've been cheating and letting more dominant muscles do the work! Try holding one arm tight as if you're about to do the moves, and poke the muscles with the other hand. Then reverse arms and repeat. Also, make sure you are lightly pressing the fingers in "donut" shape--or if you are overinvasive with that way, do "thumbs away", folding fingers over (don't grip nails into your palms!) and lightly--now I said lightly!--stretch the thumb a little, to get the activation.

I feel this in my lats and shoulders some (and my tummy!).

Oh, one other possibility, if you might be using traps here....try lightly (again, I said lightly!) squeezing the shoulder blades together to keep shoulders back in alignment with the hips, and making your lats and arms do the work.

It takes time to retrain the muscles to work like they're supposed to--at least it has for me!

HTH!

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

Comment

Julie in IN
                        05-03-2010, 06:06 PM

Trisch,

Do you still have your video up that you made on Donna Arms? I'm looking for the link...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Julie in IN

Butterflymama
                        05-03-2010, 07:26 PM

I found it - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oB9-8UTW2AM

Vicki

BlessedMama
                        05-03-2010, 09:13 PM

Yep, Vicki found it! Thanks, Vicki!

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

Joyfirst
                        05-04-2010, 11:15 AM

Just did 30 each, and I can definetely feel it - actually in many places - upper and the sides of the back, lats, and arms.
                        And it looks so innocent, that I can do it whenerver i have to wait in line. Once last summer we had a late airplane, so I did my whole (then Tracy Anderson) routine in the airport - my husband pretended he didn't know me. At first peole were kind of watching me, but after a while they didn't care. I much rather do something fun and useful than just sit and be bored for two hours.

MargieK
                        05-04-2010, 12:43 PM

Funny! If I have a lot of time to kill in an airport, I walk around (as long as I have a traveling companion to watch my bags).

Julie in IN
                        05-04-2010, 01:09 PM

Thank you for sharing that link.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Julie in IN

TaraC
                        05-05-2010, 01:56 AM

Thanks for the video link, really helpful!!

I had understood the 'Donna' arms but I hadn't quite grasped the 'Dantheman' arms.
                        Can do both now!!

Will keep on doing them daily to maximise results!

Tara

TaraC
                        05-13-2010, 02:34 AM

WOW!! These moves really DO their job!!!!
                        Unbelievable!!!!!

I've been doing these arm sets for 9 days now, just whenever throughout the day. One day I may do 3 sets, another 4, another 2, it just depends. BUT my arms are defining!! I have shape!!!!

Yeah, thanks Donna Wilson!!!
                        I have to admit that I checked out her picture, as I've never met her, and boy are her arms amazing!!!!! Whew!!!

Tara

BlessedMama
                        05-13-2010, 05:56 AM

Yay, Tara!!!

I've met Donna in person, and yes, her arms ARE amazing!

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

jocelynaz
                        05-18-2010, 06:35 PM

Hi everyone! Being fairly new to T-tapp, I was curious to know....

Is there a difference with doing donut hole hands vs. just doing a clenched fist? I notice in all the workouts I have that Teresa never does clenched fists, even with lat pulls. I started to wonder about this and this thread talking about donut holes reminded to finally ask about it.

Jocelyn

BlessedMama
                        05-18-2010, 07:06 PM

Jocelyn, they're not really clenched. At Safety Harbor last fall, she showed us to fold the fingers over and slightly stretch thumbs out. It is not invasive at all.

I'll admit I have to watch I don't get invasive and overdo it, which it may have looked like clenching in the videos.

It's a matter of activating the arms, with less possible inflammation, especially for those with carpal tunnel issues, among other things.

We actually did some lat pulls, etc., at SH with the "new" way, and I find I activate my lats better. But that's what works for me!

When Senior Fit comes out, you'll get to see it done right!

HTH!

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

jocelynaz
                        05-19-2010, 01:11 AM

Jocelyn, they're not really clenched. At Safety Harbor last fall, she showed us to fold the fingers over and slightly stretch thumbs out. It is not invasive at all.

I'll admit I have to watch I don't get invasive and overdo it, which it may have looked like clenching in the videos.

It's a matter of activating the arms, with less possible inflammation, especially for those with carpal tunnel issues, among other things.

We actually did some lat pulls, etc., at SH with the "new" way, and I find I activate my lats better. But that's what works for me!

When Senior Fit comes out, you'll get to see it done right!

HTH!
                        Thanks, Trisch! That helped a lot. I've not heard about Senior FIT -- is that primarily for seniors (elderly)? Are there any other new videos coming out soon?

Jocelyn

terriblack
                        06-18-2010, 10:19 AM

i think someone should do a video of this for us =)

cbuffy
                        06-18-2010, 10:43 AM

Originally posted by terriblack View Post
                        i think someone should do a video of this for us =)
                        LOL!!!!!!!!!!

Cbuffy

JoniGO
                        10-26-2010, 08:32 AM

Originally posted by AnnieFannie View Post
                        Trish, can you post pictures? I'm totally confused.

What's the "thumbs out tweak"?
                        Same here! Pics or a YouTube video, please.

*´¨)
                        ¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
                        (¸.·´ (¸.·´ * Blessings to all

Comment

JoniGO
                          10-26-2010, 08:48 AM

Originally posted by JoniGO View Post
                          Same here! Pics or a YouTube video, please.
                          Found it!

*´¨)
                          ¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
                          (¸.·´ (¸.·´ * Blessings to all

BlessedMama
                          10-26-2010, 09:37 AM

LOL! My dd was just showing me this video and said, "Mommy, I think you look smaller than that now!" Gotta loooovvveee that girl!

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

just7
                          10-26-2010, 02:26 PM

I totally agree with her because I was thinking that very same thing!!!

Callicrowe
                          10-26-2010, 02:48 PM

LOL! My dd was just showing me this video and said, "Mommy, I think you look smaller than that now!" Gotta loooovvveee that girl!
                          Yep, she's right!

Peggy

TNVicki
                          10-26-2010, 02:52 PM

P.S. Love the purple room, Trisch! My absolute favorite color!

Vicki Drobnis

mamalove
                          06-26-2011, 05:48 PM

WOW! I just did Dan's tips and Trisch's and I can really feel the burn! Can't wait for "teardrop" arms! LOL!

Abbie

BlessedMama
                          06-26-2011, 06:31 PM

Glad you felt the burn, Abbie! LOL! You'll get those teardrop cuts! Between these moves and applying the isometric contractions to each and every move in BWO+, every move becomes an "arms move"!

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

BlessedMama
                          06-26-2011, 06:32 PM

Oh, and P.S. KEEP RIBS UP!

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

Elizabette
                          06-26-2011, 09:32 PM

When I have more time, I will have to read this whole thread and try and learn how to do these new moves. My arms are still just as ugly as ever. This is after almost five years of regular exercise and almost 8 full months of T-tapp. I am very discouraged...Summer is here and the temp is in triple digits. I hate wearing short sleeves but it's getting hot. PS. I do tempo arms at least once a week :-(

Titus2Mommy
                          06-27-2011, 10:01 AM

Which fingers do you press together during doughnut hands? I couldn't tell by the video.

Angie

BlessedMama
                          06-27-2011, 10:47 AM

Pretty much all of them, although I like to keep pinky out! For many of the moves I like to do the Glee thumb--fingers lightly folded over and thumb gently stretched out. Although you'll see in the video I was more tense! LOL!

Elizabette, are you really focusing on ribs up during TA? It is easy to collapse the ribs focusing on so much with the upper body, and Teresa shared with us back in Feb. that ribs up helps lose in the arms, tummy and thighs.

I *thought* I was doing well with it until Michelle told me otherwise! I got in front of a mirror and really, really focused on it. I videoed myself. Kept working on it. A few weeks ago I got a BIG A-HA, I think it was during the plie sequence on the Green Smoothie Challenge. I was NOT keeping my shoulders back like I thought I was. It wasn't moving back like a soldier at attention, but definitely a bit farther back than I was!

And after a loonnngggg time, I'm losing some off my arms and they are shaping up again!

So, all that to say....RIBS UP!

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

Lakshmi
                          10-09-2011, 04:26 PM

Holy Wow! I found this thread last night after trying to figure out what the "Donna Arms" movement was! LOL
                          I haven't done Dan's version of this, but, man oh man, is this intense when you are working in t-tapp stance and with shoulders over hips, etc.
                          I did the sequence once last night and once again this morning. Gee wiz! I feel it in my triceps.
                          I think I'm gonna work this in as often as I can and see what happens! Thanks, for creating this thread!

~Jennifer~

BlessedMama
                          10-09-2011, 08:14 PM

Warning, Jennifer--your arms will probably getting some nice cuts in them if you keep this up!

It's a tremendous move from a T-Tapp trainer with AWESOME arms!

https://www.t-tapp.com/trainers/donna-wilson

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

TaraC
                          10-09-2011, 11:12 PM

This move's a killer!

Tara

JVicious
                          10-12-2012, 01:29 PM

I found this whilst searching for tricep workouts and I just want to say - WOW. I didn't think a move could be so powerful, but my triceps are in pain! I've done it about 3x now and perhaps I'm hallucinating but I'm starting to see a minor difference already! Thank you for posting this. My tricep area has been a stubborn one for as long as I can remember and I'm hopeful that maybe now I'll finally get some cuts!

mamalove
                          10-12-2012, 06:39 PM

That is awesome, JVicious! Keep it up!
                          Abbie

Comment

Working...
                          X