Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upper Side Bra Fat

Originally posted by nitarose104 11-03-2009, 01:09 PM

I have tried to "search" for help on getting rid of the upper side bra fat but am overwhelmed by any results. I get everything from "bra" in the threads to "fat." There is over 750 threads and some of them have gobs and gobs of pages.

This issue surely has been addressed many time before. What do I need to do to get specific results? I have been muddling around this site for quite some time and still am quite awkward at getting specific answers.

Any solutions, anyone? Or do some of you have good tips on getting rid of that fat just under the armpit and at the top of the bra? I know that dear ole David is able to "brush" that away on the photos he took, but that doesn't help the in-person appearance

Any assistance or suggestions on how to navigate this site to get a "specific" page would be more than welcome. I didn't quite "get it" on the must read threads. Thanks

"Nifty" Nita
    Will turn 64 years young the first day of the 2012 retreat.

MargieK
    11-03-2009, 02:04 PM

"upper side bra fat?" I'd never heard that term used before. I guess it's pretty clear where you're talking about, but probably explains why you're not finding the info you're looking for.

Generally speaking, it seems to me that Teresa often says that the way to lose fat in a particular area is to engage the muscles in that area. So in this case, you're talking about that "lats." Obviously they're used in a lot of different exercises, but sometimes it's hard to be conscious of them (I know it is for me).

A few exercises I can think of that "engage" the lats include many of the plie' movememts, particularly the "jumping jacks," T-Tapp twist, and reach scoops. There's a lot of lat engagement in SATI, and while I don't have any of the "broom" workouts, I would suspect that they'd help with that, too.

If you can be mindful of your lats, and work on engaging them at other times during the day, that will help, too.

FWIW, I'm not a trainer, so if anything I've said is incorrect, please speak up so I'm not spreading mis-information.

perhaps0810
    11-03-2009, 02:09 PM

Please tell me that Dave doesn't airbrush away fat on the photos.

~~~Nancy J~~~

fruitvine
    11-03-2009, 02:39 PM

No, I don't think Dave airbrushes anything in photos--I know on mine, what you see is what you get!

**Charlotte Siems**
    T-Tapp Master Trainer, certified in Senior Fit
    ISSA Certified Fitness Trainer

nitarose104
    11-03-2009, 04:00 PM

Sorry, but he did tell me he would brush mine off the second set of shots he took. I am VERY thick through there.

I do engage the lats a lot, but that does not seem to be working too well. It has been great at getting rid of my back fat, but not the part under my "pits". I am VERY thick through there. The lawnmowers are ok, but maybe even with reaching down really hard and stretching up and out they will eventually start to thin, but they have not budged at all in 6 months. I am really discouraged about that particular area of my body. I can see all sorts of results on the rest of it, though. Maybe there is some other pointer that I am missing?????

"Nifty" Nita

nanburr
    11-03-2009, 04:12 PM

Ah, the dreaded bra pudge!

The very first thing I noticed with T-Tapp was my "bra pudge" going away, both in the back, but especially in front of the armpit. I even got compliments on how good my back was getting! All I was doing was BWO+ and also working hard at engaging my lats when driving (ribs up and shoulders back while engaging them) and using my hands to help activate them when possible (such as reversing my hand position pushing the grocery cart, etc.) I must have been really out of shape there to get such quick results. Now, if only my thighs would respond as quickly! But they do respond really well, too. I just have to stick with it!

If a person tends to carry a lot of fat in front of the armpits, it may be that watching the food intake will help, as well as continued exercise burning it away. Also, if I'm not wearing the correct bra cup size, I will look more pudgy there! But toning those pecs really help that whole area. The arm movements with plies had to be what did it the most for me.

bursante

BlessedMama
    11-03-2009, 04:57 PM

Nita, one thing I realized when trying on sport bras for SH, was that on plies I was losing form just a tad---and at SH when Jeanne tweaked me and had me put my feet out farther, it was like A-HA! I was losing balance a bit because my feet were too close together. I know sometimes we're advised to bring them in a bit, but apparently I needed to move it back out!

Having that stability helped me keep my shoulders back so when I do those plies, it's working that back and I have lost off there---finally! I lost some initially, but it just seems to be a tough spot!

Also, do you remember when Teresa had us do "little plie" cross in the front vs. overhead? She said that activates more lats.

I don't know if those two tips will help, but I've definitely noticed improvement since widening my plie stance for more stability!

HTH!

~ ..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
    ¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
    ((¸¸.·´ ..·´ Trisch -:¦:-
    -:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*

Blessed Mama of 9 (and 14 in Heaven)
    Master T-Tapp Trainer in Northern Indiana, certified in TWO, MORE, HTF, Senior Fit and LadyBug

nitarose104
    11-03-2009, 05:50 PM

Trish, I will try your suggestion and get my legs farther apart on the plies. I think that is just going to be a stubborn spot for me to loose. I thought it would be the back fat, but can really see that getting smaller.

And nanburr, I have been personally fit for a bra, so do not think that is the issue at this time. I've been told that plies would do it and I am certain that is what is helping me with my back fat, but this area is rather, ummm, stubborn.

BTW, I just got the photos from Dave's shoot and he did NOT "fix" the pudge as he said he would. It is sticking out there for all the world to see. (Sigh - but that is "me" ) He was fun to work with though and, considering what he had to work with, did a marvelous job.

I did scrounge around for more information on the lawnmower movement as I KNOW it helps trim my waist and I am thinking I need to do those every darned day to see some results in my pudge. I appreciate any pointers that any of you have.

"Nifty" Nita

Lori French
    11-03-2009, 05:57 PM

Nita, we all have spots we'd like to lose *first* but that's not always the way our body *sees* it! Kind of like a short torso feeling like a failure because their belly goes away last even though their hips are thinning, a combo that their chunky arms aren't getting thinner, but their bellys are! Just keep working it, we are all so different, but it *will* reduce on it's own sweet timetable.

Lori

wtchyhlr
    11-03-2009, 06:04 PM

For Bra pudge, what Kirsten had me do to REALLY feel that part activate during plies is to reach arms out straight, palm down, then reach a little further, then twist palm up and really focus on that part of the armpit area that you have bra pudge. It does help. It just takes a bit

~~~~~~~~~~~
    Joy

nitarose104
    11-03-2009, 11:09 PM

Thanks for all your suggestions. I will try reaching even more during plies. and thanks, Lori, for reminding me that it will just take time. I wanna have it now (whine!) Ok, how about six months from now? Think that is do-able? Thank you everyone.

"Nifty" Nita

just7
    11-04-2009, 06:53 AM

Lori brought up what I was thinking. When we have More To Lose (like ME!), it will take time for all areas to lose. When you are a combo (like ME!), then it will happen s...l...o...w...l...y. I remind myself over and over that inch loss IS taking place, even if it's not where *I* would like to see it first. This is not a journey that will be over once I've lost everywhere I've wanted to. It is a journey that will continue to be "ongoing". If you look at Lani's pictures, you can see what I mean. (I'm not picking on you, Lani!! Your pictures were a great encouragement to me!) It's all about progression, continuing to do what is needed to bring about the necessary changes in our bodies and our health.

I like what Charlotte said a couple of weeks ago---T-Tappers look great no matter WHAT size!! It's true! There is a glow and a satisfaction in knowing that we are doing our best and that best keeps improving all the time!

That said---what great suggestions everyone has for helping to attack the Dreaded Upper Bra Fat!!!!

Jennifer Wife for 30 wonderful years Mom to 7--5 still at home--ages 23 to 14 (5 girls and 2 boys) Mamee to 4 T-Tapping since 2009

BlessedMama
    11-04-2009, 08:36 AM

Jennifer is right! My worst area has been my belly area. I really have packed on the fat there! It took 2 1/2 years for the inch loss there to be enough to really show! That's why I started looking at all the benefits I couldn't "measure"!

But of course, it IS nice when it not only shows on a measuring tape, but also in how we look!

My guess is WE look at our worst areas and not too many other people are staring at them! Especially with our beautiful glowing skin and smiles because we feel better!

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

Master T-Tapp Trainer in Northern Indiana, certified in TWO, MORE, HTF, Senior Fit and LadyBug

nitarose104
    11-04-2009, 11:27 PM

Oh Jennifer, you are so correct when you said "it will happen s...l...o...w...l...y." I love the way you spelled that because that is exactly what will happen (or IS happening.) I just want it yesterday.

And Trish, of course you are correct. I actually saw someone today that I had not seen since May and her first comment (after "my gosh, girl, how much weight have you lost!!!??) Was, "you are glowing like I have never seen you do before. Oh, yeah, alfalfa and brushing!!!

So, I'll take the compliments and yes, I will stop looking at my "bad" places and be happy that my tummy and waist are each 6" smaller than they were just 6 short months ago. My acupuncturist told me today that I needed to take in this pair of shorts, too. They are sliding down my hips a little. Not ready to purchase new ones yet. I look thinner when I wear my former "tight fitting clothing". They don't quite "hang" on me since I keep taking in the waist, but it is MUCH better than when they were snug. tee hee hee

"Nifty" Nita

just7
    11-05-2009, 07:35 AM

AW, Nita!! You are doing great!!! ((Hugs))

Jennifer Wife for 30 wonderful years Mom to 7--5 still at home--ages 23 to 14 (5 girls and 2 boys) Mamee to 4 T-Tapping since 2009

fruitvine
    11-05-2009, 07:51 AM

These are great reminders for all of us! As Kirsten says, "Progress, not perfection!"

**Charlotte Siems**

Brenna
    11-05-2009, 01:00 PM

do lawnmowers really help with bra fat?

Piglet2u
    11-06-2009, 01:09 AM

This is a problem spot for many of us!
    Thanks for starting this thread!

Piglet2u
    Never give up!

Lori French
    11-06-2009, 05:46 AM

Originally posted by Brenna View Post
    do lawnmowers really help with bra fat?
    If they make you sore there then they should, don't you think??? And the definitely make me sore all the way up! Muscle activation, gotta love it.

Lori

fruitvine
    11-06-2009, 08:07 AM

You might also take a look at the thread on the Off Topic forum about wearing the right size bra. There is a site with a calculator that also has an article about bra pudge and the possibility that b*reast tissue migrates when it is being squished into the wrong size. The lady has testimonies of women who started wearing the right size and within a couple of months they went down a band size and up a cup size as tissue migrated back to where it belonged. Interesting theory. Here is the site (but I don't want to hijack this thread, so if anyone wants to discuss this further, you can start a topic on Off Topic):

http://eternalvoyageur.xanga.com/651...ize-correctly/

**Charlotte Siems**

Comment

Dantheman
      11-06-2009, 11:31 AM

I hope I am not crossing any ones boundaries.

But there is a move in the TWO Arm moves sequence that I believe is over looked, is taken for granted and is under estimated that would be beneficial for this concern.

The move is in the Cool down sequence. The move is “Clamp Hands and Clamp Behind”. Standing in T-Tapp standing position, Hands extended forward, Palms down.

The Tweak: From Standing T-Tapp Position, KLT, Tucked and Pressing Lower Back with Abs pulled in tight, Ribs Lifted, Shoulders Back and Down with Lats TIGHT. Arms are extended to the Front wall with Wrist, Elbow and Shoulders Level with Mitten Hands fingers fully extended to front wall. Now, Inhale Big and Exhale as you begin to PULL you arms backwards by bending your elbows. Keeping your arms level (Wrist, Elbow and Shoulders). As you pull backward, BUILD your internal resistance, Engage Lats and Pec’s and feel the muscles tighten across the upper torso including the upper Ribs under arm. Keep Pulling and Tightening. It’s a slow pulling action. Bring the elbows all the way back towards back wall passing your body but keep those arms LEVEL at Shoulder height. KEEP THOSE SHOULDERS DOWN!! Hold it there for a moment and Tighten, and check Form (TUCK, Abs in, Rib Lifted, Arms, Elbows and Wrist in alignment with Shoulders. Inhale Big, Keep that Tension don’t release it and Exhale as you begin to PUSH your Finger Tips back to Front wall. Push Pushing SLOWLY against all that Internal Resistance. FEEL the muscles of the Lats and Pec’s working so hard to get those fingers all the way extended. FEEL Them working YET? Keep PROPER FORM, Don’t let those Shoulders creep up, pull them back and down, Hold your TUCK and extend fingers all the way forward to Front wall.

REPEAT for eight REPS,

If you are strong enough you can add slow intense Pulsating moves (3 -6 inch moves) with the Arms (Short PUSH and PULL) when the arms are all the way back past your body.

Then to the real move, Clamp Hands and Clamp Behind to loosen up and Hands Over Head Stretch.

Hope this is helpful!

Dantheman

BlessedMama
      11-06-2009, 12:14 PM

I have to tell you, Dan, I about fell out of my chair laughing when I saw you had posted on this one!

Oh, YEAH! I feel it! Gonna add this one in!

Thanks!

*goes off to update Dantheman's Fan Club List of Tips*

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

Dantheman
      11-06-2009, 12:24 PM

YEP,,, I knew something like that was coming my way.

There are times, when I don't know if I should respond or not. But if I think I can help
      and it's not too senitive of a topic, well, I do the best that I can.

Dantheman,

BlessedMama
      11-06-2009, 12:29 PM

You're fine, Dan! Really! You just keep those good tips comin' our way!

If we have any sensitivities, we'll get over it with your awesome tips that will melt that fat!!!

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

cbuffy
      11-06-2009, 12:30 PM

NEVER hold back Dan! We love all the tips and tweaks.

Cbuffy

Blissful
      11-06-2009, 04:13 PM

yeah, we'll get over it! we don't seem to sugarcoat things on here anyway do we?! Always in a nice supportive uplifting way to help us learn and grow about most anything!

Lucy

nitarose104
      11-07-2009, 09:38 AM

Oh, Dan, I just KNEW you would come to the rescue. I could feel it as I was doing these. With this and the arm movements I started doing last week, I just know that I am going to start melting away again. I can hardly wait. I am awaiting the "cut" in my arms and think that is about to happen, so I am quite certain that this fatty area will soon disappear. Thank you, thank you, thank you. And your directions were quite specific. Great job!

"Nifty" Nita

LauriS
      11-08-2009, 09:23 PM

So, Dantheman, can this exercise eliminate it from the sides, and move it to the top of the bust?

OR is there something that helps develop the top of the bust, bringing things more front, center and up? WHILE getting rid of it from the sides?

Hope this question is not a hijack.

Thanks!

Lauri

BlessedMama
      11-08-2009, 11:18 PM

Lauri, I'm not Dan but you might find this link interesting!

<missing link>

I believe there are two links within that thread about where to calculate true bra size as well as ideas of where to find the critters!

And I know the arms moves that I am doing are helping to "perk the pecs"!

<donna arms>

Dan's tips:

<dantheman arms>

HTH!

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

nitarose104
      11-23-2009, 11:35 PM

Man, what was I thinking. I am usually pretty good about putting Dan's suggestions into practice on a weekly basis, but for some reason I did his Clap Pull sequence for two days, then somehow forgot. (I know, how could I forget such wonderful torture?)

Well, I'm back on it and looking forward to the way it pulls my lats b-a-c-k and tight. Oooh, Dan, I just love to grumble about you, then smile from ear to ear because of all the muslcle I have activated. Thanks a bunch.

"Nifty" Nita

Dantheman
      11-24-2009, 10:39 AM

Nita,
      That's OK Nita, I know you will get them done. How, will that be before you enter the kitchen, walk over the rug, before you open the garage door..LOL!!

Dantheman

nitarose104
      11-24-2009, 11:48 PM

Hah! Haven't quite figured that one out yet. But believe me - I am working on it. I need that structure and those triggers. Hmmmmmm. It is really difficult for me to keep my arms at shoulder level while I bring them back on those, but that will get better with time. I am just eatin' up these wonderful tips you give.

Actually, for this tip, I just stopped the DVD and did it before the clap pull sequence. It was the easiest solution, but I only do that 3x per week. Will that be enough to get rid of the bra fat? Or do I need to find another "trigger" and do this every day. There aren't too many more places around this house that I want to avoid. The master bathroom I do Dan's Arms and step-lift-step-together, OIP/HF when I pass that throw rug, the kitchen is hoe downs before entering. I need to check to see what else is available around here. Gotta think on that one .

"Nifty" Nita

nitarose104
      12-02-2009, 01:13 PM

Dan, I just want to thank you again for that clap-pull sequence. I had just been on a 4 month virtual plateau and I lost 3/4" off my pec area in just the last two weeks doing that EOD. To me, better known as the "bra fat" area of my body.

Once again, you are The Man. Thanks.

"Nifty" Nita

Dantheman
      12-02-2009, 01:36 PM

Nita, You are welcome. But, you are doing the work and getting the results! So, thank you for experiencing the T-Tapp Workout Benefits!

Dantheman

Dantheman
      12-02-2009, 01:48 PM

Now that you ladies have been doing the Clamp hands move, I'll let you in on the secret. This is as close to a Push-up that T-Tapp offers. I know, I know, You HATE Push-ups, but look at your results!!! FABOLOUS!! You're DOING GREAT!

Dantheman

LauriS
      12-02-2009, 02:18 PM

Originally posted by Dantheman View Post
      This is as close to a Push-up that T-Tapp offers. I know, I know, You HATE Push-ups, but look at your results!!! FABOLOUS!! You're DOING GREAT!

Dantheman
      HOW close??? . I would love to be able to do pushups, b/c I know that they offer stunning results... is this a great way to build up to them??

Thanks, DTM!!

L.

Blissful
      12-02-2009, 03:44 PM

Oh boy, I had seen DTM's clap/pull sequence at one time but kind of pretended I didn't! Guess I'll go back and find it and this time actually do it! LOL
      Nita that is fantastic!!!

Lucy

BlessedMama
      12-02-2009, 03:57 PM

Oh, you will FIND your lats if you never have before! And they will be SCREAMING for mercy! BWAHAhahahahahaaaaaaa!

Just be sure your lats are engaged! You might find you have to lower those arms a bit as you bring them in for the "pull"--that's what I did and they were screaming!

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

nitarose104
      12-02-2009, 04:44 PM

Ok, phew. Thanks to DTMs comment about clap-pulls being close to push-ups I just had to get on the floor to see for myself (I AM from MO, ya know - show me!) And yes, those are the same muscles. Ouch! I could actually do 8 girlie push-ups, six in good form (per dh).

And since I am a compulsive T-Tapper (http://forum.t-tapp.com/showthread.php?t=64976), while I was down there, I went ahead and did another set of OIP/HF. I mean, once one is over 60 and already on the floor, we might as well take advantage of having to get UP!

"Nifty" Nita

BlessedMama
      12-02-2009, 05:14 PM

You are TOO funny, Nita!

You're going to love next week's challenge!

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

nitarose104
      12-02-2009, 05:28 PM

Holding my breath. Waiting for the axe to fall.

"Nifty" Nita

Dantheman
      12-03-2009, 07:27 AM

Originally posted by LauriS View Post
      HOW close???
      It is VERY CLOSE, but this T-Tapp version is even better! HOW? Performing this version of a Push-up in a T-Tapp Stance with FULL
      Muscle Activation and using a Full Range of Motion, provides you will the same muscle grouping as a conventional Push-up without all the weight bearing and stress on the joints; Wrist, Elbows and Shoulders. This eliminates the inflammation from these areas and allows you to concentrate on FORM, MUSCLE ACTIVATION and promotes MORE Flexibilty and Strength. . I would love to be able to do pushups, b/c I know that they offer stunning results... is this a great way to build up to them?? If you want to LOVE doing a PUSH-UP and you don't want to "sniff the carpet" doing them, then the T-Tapp Version is for YOU!!

Thanks, DTM!!

L.
      Now, STOP, STAND AND GIVE ME 5! (PUSH-UPs) COME ON.... GIVE ME 5
      .. PRESS PRESS

Dantheman

nitarose104
      12-03-2009, 08:46 AM

What! Five REAL push-ups! With my legs out behind me?! You have GOT to be kidding, right?

My poor arms are aching from yesterday. O-K. I'll crawl down there and see what I can do. - Oh, then there's OIP/HF again once I am down there. Ugh! Its just hard to get back UP. ha ha ha

"Nifty" Nita

monica213
      12-03-2009, 09:18 AM

Push Ups?? Oh my you slave driver Dantheman!

Nita, do you have, or have you done the Broom workout? Broom WILL NOT let you cheat those lats! If you have it, I would suggest you use it for 2 weeks, do the different workouts on it (Not the whole thing) But do try the whole workout once or twice, talk about a lat activating workout!

Michelle Barbuto RN - Specializing in Physical Rehab Nursing
      (¯`*•.¸Master T-Tapp Trainer, Trainer Mentor,
      Mommy Fitness Trainer, Forum Moderator¸.•*´¯)

carist
      12-03-2009, 09:31 AM

Originally posted by nitarose104 View Post
      What! Five REAL push-ups! With my legs out behind me?! You have GOT to be kidding, right?
      Oh, Nita, you caused yourself undue torture! Dan said STOP, STAND AND GIVE ME 5! (PUSH-UPs)

He meant T-Tapp "push-ups" not those evil floor ones!

Denise

Comment

nitarose104
        12-03-2009, 09:38 AM

Duh! Ouch, ouch, my p-o-o-r arms.

Yeah, Denise, I did miss that one little word - STAND!

Thanks, Michelle, I DO have the Broom workout (I'm actually IN that DVD - ugh!) and Kirsten has me doing moves from it on Sunday. Maybe I'll review that later this afternoon. I have a class to get to in a few minutes.

Asha, I hope you had a great day today. I mean - it's already night time where you are! I think we are 12 hours different.

Hmmm, I need to read those posts better when I first arise.

"Nifty" Nita

BlessedMama
        12-03-2009, 10:51 AM

Thanks, Michelle, I DO have the Broom workout (I'm actually IN that DVD - ugh!)
        A-HAAAAAA!

I thought that lady looked like you in the Broom dvd! Now I can show my dds my wonderful adopted big sister, Nita!!!!!

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

nitarose104
        12-03-2009, 09:59 PM

I would act embarrassed, but it wouldn't do any good, little sis. I have come such a lo-o-o-o-ng way since that 2007 DVD. I can actually DO that workout now, although it really poops me out.

One of these I'll have to try to decipher my notes from 2009 to see if I have half of what you got. I had to keep putting my glasses on to write the darned notes, then I would get behind in the workout. How the heck did you do it?

"Nifty" Nita

BlessedMama
        12-03-2009, 10:21 PM

Well, I certainly didn't write everything I wanted to---I would be trying to remember to get it down and listen at the same time and then she'd share another gem and I'd forget the first one I was trying to write down....and there are some of my notes I look at and go !

I'm hoping Kiona got down what I didn't! LOL! It is pretty hard to write when you're shaking from pushing to your max!!!

You're doing so awesome, Nita! I'm proud of you! My dds LOVE to hear how you have your quilting ladies do HDs and that you do OIP/HFs on the throw rug, HDs in the kitchen, etc.!!!! BIG HUG!

Just wish we didn't live so far apart!

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

Blissful
        12-04-2009, 08:10 AM

Originally posted by Asha
        Ooooooh I have that DVD! Nita where are you?!
        I do too! Where are you Nita?

Lucy

nitarose104
        12-04-2009, 12:09 PM

I am that chunky red head around the middle just to the right of the stairs I have on a white tank top and some soccer shorts (as those are the only size that would fit back then.) I had to keep moving to make certain the broom didn't get in the way of the camera.

I have come a l-o-o-o-ng way since then. I had only been doing T-Tapp about one month before I attended the retreat. I was a mess and felt so much like a failure that I quit doing it for over a year.

For financial reasons I had to cancel the retreat in 2008, but that was probably good because then I went to a workshop, got some killer tips and have never looked backward again.

It takes some of a little longer to get those "aha" moments and find the wonderful support here on the forum.

"Nifty" Nita

BlessedMama
        12-04-2009, 04:03 PM

It takes some of a little longer to get those "aha" moments and find the wonderful support here on the forum.
        But look at you go NOW, sister!!!! You're booking it making up for lost time!

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

nitarose104
        12-05-2009, 12:09 AM

Flattery will get you everywhere, Trish. Thanks.

"Nifty" Nita

nitarose104
        12-05-2009, 11:03 AM

Gosh Asha, by the time you pull it out "tomorrow" that will just be later this evening for me. I just love that you are already on another day. It isn't too hard to miss. I really am in better shape now. I wonder if Teresa will re-record that? ha ha

"Nifty" Nita

LauriS
        12-05-2009, 11:25 AM

So, how is the armpit buldge doing???

Hi Ladies!

You started this thread about your upper side bra fat, and I am wondering, since you have been applying these exercises, as well as the arm challenge, how things are going?

Any improvements yet? : )

Lauri

nitarose104
        12-05-2009, 12:07 PM

Lauri, I only did Dan's movements about two weeks and already lost 3/4" in my pec area (the upper bra fat area) Also, after about 10 days with Dan's arms I lost 1/2" off my left arm and 1/4" off my right. They now are both the same size AND there is a definite "cut" there when I just turn my arms. Wow!

I have had very s-l-o-w inch loss for the past few months and this has been incredible. Try it. I won't promise you'll like it, but you will like the results, done in proper form.

Also Asha, I just noticed that I do believe we are both doing the same exercises each day since we are both on the Challenge portion of Kirsten's December Tight Club. Are you feeling it yet? I am trying to do full activation on every move and have found "new" muscles. I'm lovin' it so far. Let's see what next week brings.

"Nifty" Nita

BlessedMama
        12-05-2009, 02:06 PM

I lost 1/2 inch off my ribs this past week! And I lost a little off the pecs the week before, since starting Dan's Torture Tips! LOL!

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

nitarose104
        01-10-2010, 06:26 PM

I just re-read this thread because that particular body area (bra and back fat) remains my main concern. I've lost 2-3/4" in that area since May, 2009 and most of that has happened since October. Can any of you give me a suggestion as to which category for the January Jumpstart would help me reduce the most in the bra fat and back fat area?

I know the workouts are all good for every body type, but could one of these current categories maybe be better for this issue than another?

Thanks in advance.

"Nifty" Nita

Lori French
        01-10-2010, 06:52 PM

IMO Nita, any and all of them will work your area of concern. Particularly when you have figured out how to engage your lats!

It sounds like you are getting a hang of it since you are losing there.

Lori

Excelsior
        01-10-2010, 08:58 PM

Hi Nita,

I started a diet and exercise regimen the last week of October and lost quite a bit of weight quickly. However, it wasn't until I was smart enough to remember my TTAPP tapes that I saw much loss bra area. I had quite a bit of a fat pad hanging over the top of the bra under the arm, as well as a fat pad under the bra line. I've only been doing the BWO+ every day and walking but have no fat pads left. It's been amazing. From my experience, I'd encourage you to do BWO+ as often as you're comfortable with and changing your diet. The Extreme Fat Smash Diet from Dr. Ian Smith has worked wonders for me and I'm never hungry. I'm not familiar with the God Made/Man Made diet, but will be learning more when I get Teresa's book tomorrow. The Extreme Fat Smash Diet leans heavily on fresh fruits, fresh vegetables, salads, high quality proteins, beans, oatmeal, and brown/wild rice. Mostly God made foods, as a matter of fact. It, along with T-TAPP and hiking have made is possible for me to drop 23 pounds and 3 sizes since the last week of October.

Blessings,

Cindy Szponder
        Loveland, CO

nitarose104
        01-11-2010, 12:04 AM

Thanks Lori and Cindy. Cindy, it seems as though you have found what works for you. Congratulations on the terrific size loss just since October. Yowza, I cannot begin to imagine how you are melting away.

I know I need to get a little better on my diet. I seem to slip off more than my one cheat day a week. For some reason I ate Jordan Almonds while our daughter was here yesterday. Why? Because she had them and I just popped a few in my mouth. Duh! I normally cannot do that because I never have stuff like that around the house. But she is back in STL today, so those temptations are gone again.

"Nifty" Nita

MomofFiveGirls
        01-11-2010, 12:18 AM

Cindy, all I can say is WOW! That is incredible!

Celeste

Comment

Working...
        X