Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Tape Measure Doesn't Tell the WHOLE Story!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Tape Measure Doesn't Tell the WHOLE Story!

The Tape Measure Doesn't Tell the WHOLE Story!

05-02-2008, 12:51 PM

Bet THAT got your attention, didn't it! I'm getting ready to leave on a camping weekend, but I decided I just had to share this now, in case it's an encouragement to someone!

I have had a very s-l-o-w inch loss since the beginning of the year. I was averaging 8-10 inches every 6 weeks. Some weeks less, a few weeks a little more. Well, since the first of the year I've lost about 7 inches TOTAL! No kidding!

One enigma is that since August, I was stuck at size 16. I don't know how many inches I lost from August to January (I could probably find out!), but I'm sure it was around 15-20! But no size loss.

Imagine my surprise, in early March, to find I'd dropped to a 14!!! With only losing about 4 inches at that point! Obviously things are firming up!

So I've only lost about 3 inches since then. Imagine my surprise AGAIN, to see that I am almost in a 12!!!!!!!!!

The tape measure shows little change. I don't understand it!!! I don't know how that works. I only know, I LIKE IT!

Take heart, those of you "stalling" and seeming to not drop a size no matter how many inches you've lost. Remember my "mantra"--think of the many things you can't "measure".

And one day, you'll go try on clothes and be totally shocked [:0], surprised [], and tickled that you dropped a size without any seeming indication that you would!

OH, and if you haven't realized that the scales are worthless I weighed myself out of curiosity (I haven't weighed in about 2 months), and I actually have gained 2 pounds! I'm 5'4", medium build and I weigh 157! But almost a 12! Last time I was a 12, I can assure you I weighed WAAAAY less than that! Go figure! Dh doesn't try to pick me up, so I don't care about the scale anymore! (Except to peek out of curiosity and have something to encourage the scale watchers like my friend who gained 10 pounds tapping and is worried!)

Happy weekend, all!

Trisch

Blessed Mama of 9
    Down 72" and 5 sizes since 1/26/07!

http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/neveradullmoment

"Don't let another priceless moment slip through your fingers because
    you are 'too busy'. While you have the time, take the time."
    ~Crystal Paine~

“… exercise can change your metabolism in such a way that you become more and more resistant to gaining weight. Diet books that claim miracle insights into weight control are simply flat-out wrong. The control mechanism for obesity is not diet, it is muscle metabolism.”

~Covert Bailey~

~ ..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
    ¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
    ((¸¸.·´ ..·´ Trisch -:¦:-
    -:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*

Master T-Tapp Trainer in Indiana, certified in all workouts!

From a 22W to an 8!
Working...
X