X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Results of T-Tapp that You Can't Measure

Results of T-Tapp that You Can't Measure

03-16-2008, 12:09 AM

Sometimes, on our journey, we find ourselves in a spot where the scales don't show much, and the tape measure slows down or stops, too. It's soooo easy to be discouraged, and you hear, "Focus on health benefits" or "Focus on improved stamina/flexibility/etc." We hear that, but down deep, we want that tape measure to pull in tighter!

If we're not careful, we'll let numbers steal our joy! I found that true with the scales! I have "only" lost 20 pounds in just over a year of tapping--but 70 inches! I finally decided to not weigh regularly anymore. This is the second week I didn't weigh, and it wasn't even tempting! Too many times, the tape measure showed 1.5-2.5 inches of loss, but the scales showed nothing. Then I let that depress me. Steal my sweetness of success. I decided "Forget it! NO more!"

Well, the tape measure has been slowing lately, too, even though I'm not LTL nor close to goal! January and February found me fighting with the same .75 inch over and over and over! Finally I lost a few inches, then nothing. Then 2.5 inches, then nothing. Then nothing again! I have a choice--get down over it, or look at benefits--things you can't "measure"!

So, here are some things I thought of:

~I've posted before about my "lump" under one arm. It appeared 21 years ago when my oldest dd was born--a "misplaced milk gland" the dr. said. It fluctuated over the years, but after gaining all this weight, it was bigger. I noticed last summer it seemed a bit smaller, so I tried to "measure" it. I couldn't measure it with a tape measure easily, so I used my fingers. It was 3 fingers across (not encompassing it) and stuck out almost 3 fingers. It is now 3 fingers across all encompassed (meaning I can enclose it with those fingers) and sticks out just a little over 1 finger! The "gland" or lymph node inside used to be much bigger--maybe the size of the end of my thumb. It is now about pea sized! THAT is a biggie for me, as I have been keeping a close eye on it!

(see update on page 2!!!!! )

Okay, that was a long one! Here are some more:

~Better stamina (especially during the workouts--and I can't use PG spray right now due to breastfeeding)
    ~Stronger quads (I used to not be able to last on a bike--last summer I biked around a campground with both my boys in a trailer with hardly a thought about it!)
    ~Better posture
    ~More energy (I don't HAVE to have a nap now! )
    ~Less problems with my feet (I've had plantar fasciitis before, and I also cracked a bone in my foot a few years ago, and T-Tapp has helped the pain of both)
    ~Knee fat diminishing
    ~Pecs a bit perkier (amazing feat since I'm nursing my 9th!)
    ~Stronger back
    ~See the chiropractor less (which has PAID for the workouts I own many times over!)
    ~Less cellulite
    ~Buns lifting
    ~Skin tightening (especially in my belly area which has been my worst--I looked 7 months pregnant when I started and I was 3 months post-partum! [:0])
    ~I look younger (So I've been told!)
    ~More firming
    ~Don't need the supplement I used to take to help keep me "regular"
    ~Hormones more balanced (PMS not as bad!)
    ~Better immunity
    ~Less brain fog
    ~Better eating habits
    ~More awareness of my muscles--especially the lats and transverse abs!
    ~I've lost sizes--FIVE now--and listen--

You just read how I've lost just 4.5 inches since the first of the year. Most of that time it was nothing or the gain cancelled the loss. In late January, I could not fit into 14s comfortably. So I had to say I was a comfortable 16. I've been a 16 for almost six months. So imagine my surprise today to not only fit comfortably into 14s, but I could put on 12s, button and zip them!!! (And still could breathe! Although they wouldn't be comfortable long-term just yet! [])

WOOOOOO-HOOOO!

And yet I haven't lost much inch-wise--but it is getting "jigglier"! And I still lost size-wise! So, sometimes, even when the scales and tape measure don't show a loss, the obvious drop in a size says something is happening!

Please be encouraged--you might be stalling, you might be slowing down--but your body may be rebuilding from the inside out or regrouping! Hang in there, and in the meantime---

Look for the results that you can't measure except in how good you feel!!!

Last edited by BlessedMama; 02-29-2016, 09:44 PM.
    ~ ..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
    ¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
    ((¸¸.·´ ..·´ Trisch -:¦:-
    -:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*

Blessed Mama of 9 (and 14 in Heaven)
    Master T-Tapp Trainer in Northern Indiana, certified in TWO, MORE, HTF, Senior Fit and LadyBug
    (Thank you, Mom and Dad!)
    ISSA Certified Fitness Trainer

From a 22W to a 6!
    My Testimonial Tuesday

"Don't let another priceless moment slip through your fingers because
    you are 'too busy'. While you have the time, take the time."
    ~Crystal Paine~

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

Master T-Tapp Trainer in Indiana, certified in all workouts!

From a 22W to an 8!

03-16-2008, 01:14 AM

What an absolutely wonderful post, Trisch! Thank you so much! Posts like this keep me motivated. Me? I'm kinda stuck in 16's right now, but I'm working hard. Here's my list:
    No more back pain
    No more neck pain
    No more feet pain (which was excruciating every single day for many years)
    Much more energy...even after working out
    Better posture
    No more duck walking
    The ability to sit cross-legged
    The ability to tie my shoes without problems
    Not huffing and puffing walking down the hallway at work

Those are the immeasurable results that T-Tapp has given me.

...¸.•´....•´¨¨))
    ..((¸¸.•´ ..•´
    ..-:¦:- ((¸¸.•-:¦:-

You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind~author unknown

eshlemania

03-16-2008, 01:14 AM

Trish,
    You are so right!! I don't weigh or measure any more, but I am so pleased with my results. I haven't really dropped sizes any either. I am a less to lose. But what is happening in the inside is what I am going for. With my age, T-tapp is like medicine for my body. I love the rehabilitative aspect of tapping. It works on the mind and body. I am building a better body for the future. I am stronger and more balanced hormonally. And when I exercise, my mind is engaged. Has to be to keep form. And as I go on this journey I fully expect to drop some back fat, saddle bags, hip pads and the little fat tummy. I am just not concerned as to when. I know it will come.

Bev

A newbie looking to firm up so jello she has been carrying around too long.

Bev

Lenore
    03-16-2008, 03:39 PM

Great post, Trisch!
    Great attitude! (Now we just have to remember to remember!!)

I would say that I've noticed in myself better posture. I, personally, think our posture is VERY important as it can lead to lots of problems, such as a foward head posture can lead to TMJ problems. Extra curve inward in the lower back sets people up for herniation in disks, weak abs, organs out of place and so on.

So I'm thankful for the better posture and the awareness of posture.

Lenore
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL.

Just begun is half done!-Mary
    Poppins

Arghlita
    03-16-2008, 03:55 PM

Thank you so much for sharing. I was really discouraged that I've lost .25 inches in the past two weeks after gaining for a month... but I know I have so much healing going on that's more important than what size I wear. In November I couldn't finish the MORE version of PBS... so every day I do the MORE workout, that's a triumph.

(It's still nice to see those sizes drop.)

All good things come to those who work for them.

BlessedMama
    03-16-2008, 09:47 PM

Thank you,everyone, for sharing your triumphs, too! Then go write them down for the next time you get discouraged! (Me, too!) It's so neat to see the benefits in all areas when we think about them. Please share more! It encourages me, too!

And believe me, Arghlita, I agree--it's nice to see those sizes drop! But how wonderful you can do MORE now! I know exactly what you mean! I used to absolutelyhave to kick out during PBS--usually 3-5 times! I can sometimes go all the way through now, but usually need to just kick out once, sometimes twice! That's an improvement (well, as long as I'm not losing form! ) And I finally am able to do front lunges without falling all over the place!

Lenore, I never thought about the posture connection to the problems you mentioned, but that makes soooo much sense! So it's not just for looking more graceful! (Although that's certainly not a bad thing!)

I love the overall good feeling T-Tapp gives me. Before I found T-Tapp, my exercise routine not only didn't give me results, but I would be so tired after the initial 45 minutes of euphoria after a workout! That was one of the first things I noticed after starting T-Tapp--my muscles might be a bit tired and sore, but my mind was less foggy and it didn't go away after 45 minutes! In fact, I would feel even better! I didn't feel like I had to have a morning nap to get through the rest of my day!

Cheryl and Webra shared at the Indy clinic in January the thought about the body working on things on the inside--if there are serious issues, the body doesn't care that I want to lose some inches! But we don't always know what's going on inside. I had heard something similar about supplements--that's why two people can try the same high quality supplement, one gets immediately felt benefits, the other doesn't see any changes for quite awhile. Sometimes we just have to do what we know is best for us, and trust that we will eventually see results as well as feel them.

Thank you again for sharing your benefits, too!

Trisch

Blessed Mama of 9
    Down 70" and 5 sizes since 1/26/07!

~Crystal Paine~

Last edited by Forum Angel; 05-28-2016, 11:40 AM.
    ¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

From a 22W to an 8!

Comment

homefire
      03-17-2008, 01:58 PM

So true! It's nice to be able to list these things. Usually I hesitate to go into it, because I really feel like it's too good to be true. [8D]

When I started Tapping, I had NO energy. I can't even believe now how bad it was, but I can remember that just getting up out of my chair to walk across the room was a real effort. Whether that was depression or truly a physical thing, I don't know, but I do know that I haven't had that lead-weight feeling for a long time, praise God!

I also had continual pain in my neck and incredible headaches. Graudally, my neck and back have strengthened, and I hardly ever have headaches anymore. (I can't believe I'm saying that!)

For at least five years, I had had a headache basically every day of my life, and occasionally it crescendoed into nearly unbearable pain. I lived on pain meds. My doctor had finally determined that it was probably due to an imbalance in my neck muscles (overdeveloped in the front, extremely weak in the back) which was pulling on the dura (covering) of the brain. But though he gave me a couple exercises (admittedly, I only did them sporadically) it didn't improve.

It's been interesting to note that the PBS has those same moves I was prescribed incorporated into it, but ever so much moreso! I have been thrilled with the difference I've seen in my back muscles, which has helped not only the headaches, but a shoulder that had been bothering me and also lower back pain. I could never stand for more than a few minutes without my lower back hurting, and I have realized lately that is [u]much </u>better!

And of course, I am also thankful for the obvious, that I've lost over 30 inches and 30 lb in the nine months since I started Tapping. Even though that hasn't changed much in the past couple months, I am delighted to be able to wear my clothes comfortably and not be horribly self-conscious of my stomach, as I was a year ago. And of course, the little satisfaction of actually seeing muscles in my body--a new experience for me!

I've been trying to decide whether I have less brain fog/memory loss--that would be a marvelous blessing, sorely needed [8D]-- but I'm really not sure. Maybe I should ask my family.

Anyway, yes, these are the immeasurably wonderful benefits of T-Tapp!

~Ronda~

Married 31 years to my best friend, who can fix anything
      Homeschool mom with 4 children, one super son-in-law and three beautiful granddaughters!!!
      T-Tapper for 8 years, lost 30 inches and ended chronic headaches!.

QE3
      03-17-2008, 02:18 PM

Congrats and an amazing post Trisch~! It just goes to show you T-Tapp is a WELLNESS workout.

I have noticed better left/right brain processing. I can wink both eyes, not just the right. And do more with the left side of my body, not being so right side dominant.

My arms used to occasionally go numb while sleeping while laying on my side. I asked a group of older women if that was a normal aging thing 7 years ago, and they agreed, but now it's gone.

I have better balance and endurance. I can play with my boys on those little razor scooters most adults are afraid of, LOL. I bet I'd be awesome at skiing, but we moved away from Northern California 5 years ago.

and some of your list as well~!

Congrats to everyone on their results~! and Joyce, yes you CAN~!

<h5>Kate -:¦:- Queen of Everything plus 3 boys! -:¦:- </h5> Trainer in Training, Houston

"We are so often caught up in our DESTINATION that we forget to appreciate the JOURNEY, espeically the GOODNESS OF PEOPLE we meet on the way. Apreciation is a wonderful feeling; don't overlook it." (Thanks everyone~!)

BlessedMama

03-17-2008, 02:18 PM

homefire, your comment about muscle imbalance reminded me of another "smaller" blessing--I have had a hard time laying on my left side. Of course, while sleeping, I get tired of being on one side all the time! I just couldn't seem to get my shoulder and arm comfortable! I noticed last week that I could lay on that side comfortably! Then I couldn't go to sleep, I was so excited!

How wonderful you don't have the headaches anymore! THAT is quite a biggie!

Isn't it great to see all T-Tapp is doing for us--inside and out?

Trisch

Blessed Mama of 9
      Down 70" and 5 sizes since 1/26/07!

~Crystal Paine~

susanc

03-17-2008, 04:50 PM

Trisch--

Thanks for starting this thread! You've been one of my major inspirations since I started visiting this forum last month. I'm bookmarking this because I'm a 50 year-old with a combo body (definitely slow loser potential here!) [xx(] so I'll probably need to re-read this every so often to stay motivated. I hope it's OK to list some of the positives I've noticed on your thread, too...

T-Tapp has made me much more aware of my body. I had no idea that I was a combo. I thought I had short legs and a long torso, probably because all the chub around the thighs makes my legs look shorter! (Somehow that thigh chub doesn't look quite as cute on adults as it does on babies!) Now I know that combos have to be patient and can't expect to drop inches/lbs as fast as others on the forum.

Once a year I get a crick in the middle of my back and am basically bed-ridden for a day or two. I couldn't figure out why. After I started T-Tapping, I was lying down on my back and realized that my problem vertebra was exactly where my spine was curving up off the mattress because my head was propped on a pillow. Duh! [B)] Since I've possibly found what causes my back problem, I think I am more empowered solve it or improve it. I believe that being more aware of my spine from doing Instructional #1 made that possible.

Talk about power--I can finally pull my abs in again at will! And I love getting my "girdle" on by standing in T-Tapp stance and tucking my buns so hard it feels like my upper leg muscles are pulling in tight like a girdle. I can't believe that I have muscle control again!

I've been suffering for years with a magnesium imbalance and had no idea that's why I was so cranky, lethargic, and had intense muscle cramping. (I've have Crohns disease for 37 years and I'm also 50 so I was blaming those two factors instead!) I feel better now that I'm supplementing (thanks to reading the forum here) and I'm sure my family appreciates it, too.

Hoedowns! I was previously doing a very good exercise program, losing inches everywhere--but on my thighs. One month of "try before you buy" hoedowns took an inch off each thigh. I don't know of any other exercise program that has the same ability to make a difference there.

My husband loves the back stretch. He had a bad back earlier this month and feels that PBS helped soothe it. He now wants to strengthen his entire spine with the 15 minute workout! (He thinks a couple of the moves aren't very macho so this is a major concession for him!) He is really into discussing the book and workout. It's nice to have that in common.

Oops. I'm really sorry I got carried away. Your enthusiasm is contagious. Thanks so much for helping to keep me motivated with [u]all</u> your wonderful insights on this thread!

Susan

Last edited by Forum Angel; 05-28-2016, 11:41 AM.
      ¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

From a 22W to an 8!

Comment

BlessedMama

09-12-2009, 11:33 PM

Just thought I'd bump this!

And I've lost another 46 inches since that original post---and gained 4 pounds!!!

I rehabbed my shoulder--did something funky to it last May, and went to the chiro a few times, got too busy, was going to go back.....and realized I didn't need to! Let's see.....$35 a visit times at least 2 times a month....T-Tapp just saved me $140!

Keep our eyes on the things that really matter--less pain, better health, better energy, better outlook on life!

Last edited by BlessedMama; 07-19-2010, 05:24 PM.
        ¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

rmajor
        09-13-2009, 08:00 AM

Trisch, it's always good to read about your experience.

So often I slip into the quick-fix mentality which only leads to temporary results, if any. You have been tapping for YEARS... not weeks. What a difference years must make. When I start to feel frustrated I will purposely think 'where might I be a year from now if I don't give up?'

I'm so thankful to have found T-Tapp. It's HARD, no doubt about it. But how thrilling to know I'm not wasting my time in a fruitless activity. I love knowing my body is improving, regardless of what my eye can see. I want GOOD HEALTH and a STRONG body.

Where might I be in a year??

Jennifer

BlessedMama

09-13-2009, 09:27 AM

Exactly, Jennifer! I know Charlotte said something like that--even if we don't reach our goals, look where we are compared to a year ago! And in another year we'll be that much closer to our goals than if we quit!

T-Tapp has been the ONLY thing that delivered these kind of benefits and any loss at all. I hated the idea of a gym (no time, not my thing), or even Curves (there was one close, but again, time to run there and back...) I hated exercise videos before T-Tapp--and now I nearly have them all! LOL! That alone is a testimony to Teresa!!!

Having a list like this of the things that don't show up in numbers is really helpful when our size goals seem to be eluding us! This list reminds me that T-Tapp is more than about inch loss--it's a way of life that delivers health benefits, too!

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

debbyjones

09-13-2009, 11:52 AM
        "Keep our eyes on the things that really matter--less pain, better health, better energy, better outlook on life!"

Thanks once again for the reminder to get our eyes off the scales. How many women allow a number on the scale in the morning ruin their entire day.

Let's celebrate who we are each day, and stop thinking everything will be great when we reach some magic number.

Debby

adrianne

09-13-2009, 05:11 PM
        Trisch, I enjoyed reading about your not having to go back to the chiropractor for your shoulder. I was dependent on regular chiropractic adjustments, just to get along, for many, many years. I don't even want to think about how much money I spent!

Shortly after starting T-Tapp, I realized that I no longer needed chiropractic adjustments and it's been almost two years since I've had one. I'd rather put my money into buying T-Tapp DVDs and other products and by comparison, the price is miniscule. T-Tapp has made me a liberated woman, lol !

BlessedMama

10-08-2009, 11:13 PM
        Bumping this up....had to share about that lump under my arm! It reduced by at least another third during the retreat!

Then Margie gave me a massage....and....

IT IS SMALLER THAN IT HAS BEEN IN TEN YEARS!!!!!!!!!!

T-Tapp is MORE than just inch loss, ladies!

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
        Last edited by Forum Angel; 05-28-2016, 11:42 AM.
        ¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

From a 22W to an 8!

Comment

BlessedMama

04-15-2010, 07:16 AM

I can't believe I hadn't updated this...but in February...

THE LUMP UNDER MY ARM DISAPPEARED!!!!!

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

Last edited by Forum Angel; 05-28-2016, 11:42 AM.
          ¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

From a 22W to an 8!

Comment

wandererot
            12-19-2011, 10:41 AM

Originally posted by BlessedMama View Post

And yet I haven't lost much inch-wise--but it is getting "jigglier"! And I still lost size-wise! So, sometimes, even when the scales and tape measure don't show a loss, the obvious drop in a size says something is happening!

Just had to comment on this. I couldn't understand how my waist measurement didn't move all summer (may-sept.) but I went from a 14 to a 12. I figured out that it went from being a "hard" measurement to a "soft" measurement--I could pull the measuring tape tighter but that felt like cheating so I didn't. So even though the measurement didn't technically change, I was able to wear different clothes (because of the "jiggliness" ). From Sept. to Dec., I have now lost 2 inches in this hard to lose area (short torso) and am wearing size 10 pants in several styles.

When my mom was in town a couple of weeks ago, we did some clothes shopping and just for the heck of it, I tried on some size 8 pants AND THEY FIT! They're definitely snug, but they are wearable in public. I have NEVER worn pants this small--I was bigger than this when I was 11 years old!

In terms of other benefits, I have so much more energy and endurance. My back pain is signficantly reduced (and PBS helps to manage it). My pain in my feet is so much better and I can wear some of my shoes without orthotic inserts without my feet hurting by the end of the day. I can actually cross my legs.

One thing has gotten "worse". I started brushing about a year ago because I read about how it may help varicose veins. Well, mine are really bad so I figured it was worth a try. My skin has stayed relatively moisturized and I haven't got loose skin in spite of losing over 90 pounds so I'm sure the brushing has helped. But my varicose veins actually look worse. When I talked to my doctor about it, he said that I had lost so much fat on my legs that had been hiding the varicose veins so now they appear to be sticking out even further. So I'm looking into other options to manage them.

In terms of other benefits, I'm hoping that the changes to my health are going to help my mom. I've been talking to my mom about the changes I've been seeing and feeling. She actually asked me more about the workout when I saw her this summer. She does not exercise AT ALL, so this was a big step for her. I told her about MORE and Senior Fit that would be coming out soon. I debated getting MORE for her for Christmas, but it was really more than I could afford for a present, I would rather she get Senior Fit since she can't do the head-down movements, and I didn't want to get it for her if she wasn't actually going to use it. When she was visiting a few weeks ago, I had her do MORE PBS with me and she watched me do the rest of it. She has severe vertigo so she couldn't do all of PBS, but she did some of it. Her posture has gotten worse over the years and she is getting a clear upper back hump. The really cool thing was that she told me to buy her Senior Fit when it comes out, so her interest level is steadily going up. I really recognize the need for a person to want to change before any change can happen. I've known about Ttapp for 10+ years but have only used it for about a year and half because it took that long for me to be willing to make real changes in my life. It seems like my mom is working her way toward a willingness to make those changes as well. So "being a role model" and perhaps helping others' health is one of the non-measuring benefits of T-tapp!

Wanda
            HerbWifeMama

03-01-2016, 10:12 AM[/COLOR]

Ok, here are a couple of mine: I regained my balance. I can put my underwear on standing up, instead of having to sit on the edge of the bed.
            Also, my undies used to catch my "apron" as I pulled them up after going to the bathroom, and that doesn't happen anymore. (That is very embarrassing!)
            Also, I am working on not "falling" down the stairs, I used to have to use my arms almost exclusively to hold onto the railings to keep myself from falling down the stairs. Now, I only have to use them lightly for a bit of balance. And just yesterday, I realized that I could go about three steps down without holding onto anything before needing the railing. So, one of my goals is to be able to go down the stairs without holding onto the railing and not feel like I'm going to fall down.

Teresa has mentioned the lump under her arm that sort of helps her know how well she's doing.. I have something like that too. I have a vein on my leg that is close to the surface- it has been like that since I was 9 or 10, and it's not varicose. But it's heading that way. When I brush, it goes flat. If I've been on my feet a long time, it is slightly raised. So, I can use that to gauge how I'm doing.

Last edited by Herbwifemama; 03-01-2016, 10:15 AM.
            Herbwifemama, homeschooling mama to two girls, ages 10 and 6, wannabe urban homesteader, Tapping since 1-20-16 to heal IR and PCOS

BlessedMama
            03-01-2016, 10:41 AM
            Those are GREAT, Herbwifemama! Until we lose balance or the ability to do things, we don't realize what a HUGE WIN those are! Yay! Thank you for sharing! ♥

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

Master T-Tapp Trainer in Northern Indiana, certified in TWO, MORE, HTF, Senior Fit and LadyBug

From a 22W to a 6!
            My Testimonial Tuesday

~Crystal Paine~

Last edited by Forum Angel; 05-28-2016, 11:43 AM.
            ¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

From a 22W to an 8!

Comment

Herbwifemama
              03-08-2016, 10:38 AM
              I am proud to announce that I do not need the railings to go up or down the stairs at all anymore!

Also, I've found that it's very easy to hold myself in good posture. I was beginning to look rather hunched over for a 33 year old, and I'm starting to feel like 33 instead of 83. (No offense to those in their 80s, I just want to feel my age! ) I will be interested to see if that's reflected in the "after" photos of the 60 day Challenge. I can't see any difference, and I've sworn to myself to not measure til the challenge is over.
              Herbwifemama, homeschooling mama to two girls, ages 10 and 6, wannabe urban homesteader, Tapping since 1-20-16 to heal IR and PCOS

BlessedMama
              03-09-2016, 12:55 AM
              That's WONDERFUL! And you will be amazed at those pictures--especially putting them side-by-side! That is one thing that shows up in many, many of the photos--the posture change.

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

From a 22W to a 6!
              My Testimonial Tuesday

~Crystal Paine~
              Last edited by Forum Angel; 05-28-2016, 11:43 AM.
              ¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

From a 22W to an 8!

Comment

Working...
              X