Tips for Arms Using Basic Workout

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips for Arms Using Basic Workout

Tricep curls in the arms portion of TWO is about the best for triceps as well as...ribs up!

Seriously, get into T-Tapp stance and get ready to do Butterflies. R-e-a-c-h out those arms like someone is pulling them out--but before you actually do the Butterflies move, take a moment and really concentrate on lifting that breastbone to the ceiling, lifting ribs. If you're tuned into your arms, you should feel some extra activation in your triceps!

Let's go through BWO+ and see how it all can be "for the arms"!

PBS--push those thumbs into the "thumb holders" on the back of your hips and really pull those elbows back. Keep pressing throughout the first part of PBS. When you put hands on knees and do the tuck/curls, pinch those knees and pull those shoulders back for the lats and arms. Then on the second half, keep ribs UP as you do the head tilts and side-to-sides. When you are rolling up, twist those thumbs to the back wall as much as you can and really reach down as you're rolling up to keep arms activated

Plies--common thing is to let the arms drift forward--meaning they're not back behind the ears. If you focus on ribs up throughout the plie sequence and make sure your arms go behind your ears (the first set of plies--except when you cross in front, get those arms back!), pull jumping jacks--elbows forward but hands behind ears (oops, ribs UP!), chest press--as you go in think ribs up, ribs up, ribs up, and as you go out, think elbows up, elbows up, elbows up and open up BEHIND THOSE EARS!

Reach Scoops--really reach down with the lower arm and up and out with the top arm--as if you are pushing someone's arm away for full activation all the way down (and don't forget--ribs up!)

Jazz Twist--again--push that back thumb, reach out with the other arm and don't let it flop or be wimpy. Keep it straight and stiff--you initiate the move with your back shoulder (and pushing that thumb!) but of course your front arm is pushing forward--don't flop it! (Oh, and did I mention--ribs UP?!)

The Box--I highly suggest doing the Mitten Chop Box (on YouTube--type in My Fox Atlanta+T-Tapp and it should be the first one). You are really pressing in to activate arms--and abs! And when you do the pulses to the back, don't just flop those arms! (And you know what I'm going to say--ribs up! )

Oil Wells--hook the thumbs around each other and pull to activate arms and abs. As you reach through, keep lats tight (don't hunch shoulders) which helps keep arms tight. When you reach down and then roll up, really pull those thumbs to keep the arms (and abs) activated.

T-Tapp Twist--Ah! This is great for the lower body, but don't let the upper body off the hook! As you get into T-Tapp stance, either put one hand on top of the other (pressing up with the bottom hand and down with the top one) and press down until the ribs lift and lats activate--and those arms! Or you can push against the knuckles of one hand with the fingers of the other--experiment to see which gives you the max lat activation and arms activation. Keep those hands pressing at all times to keep the arms tight!

Hoedowns--I like "Fonzie thumbs" for this! After you get into T-Tapp stance, open out your arms but gently fold over the fingers and stretch thumb to the back. That helps me keep lats and arms tight!

Now, beyond that, if you do the Donna/Dan Arms, along with tricep curls, Butterflies and really reaching, tightening those arms throughout your workout, you should get some nice cuts and firm up some jiggles!

~ ..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
    ¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
    ((¸¸.·´ ..·´ Trisch -:¦:-
    -:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*

Blessed Mama of 9 (and 14 in Heaven)
    Master T-Tapp Trainer in Northern Indiana, certified in TWO, MORE, HTF, Senior Fit and LadyBug
    (Thank you, Mom and Dad!)
    ISSA Certified Fitness Trainer

From a 22W to a 6!
    My Testimonial Tuesday

"Don't let another priceless moment slip through your fingers because
    you are 'too busy'. While you have the time, take the time."
    ~Crystal Paine~
    ¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

Master T-Tapp Trainer in Indiana, certified in all workouts!

From a 22W to an 8!

ayj67
    09-28-2011, 12:05 AM

Trisch, I am surprise!

Abbie, do you have Barefoot BWO+, that became my go to workout.

The Hoe Down Showdown in the Barefoot BWO+ is the reason I can do so many. Those people has done a BWO+ with Teresa (who know whether it was Barefoot or Superslow), then they do a whole lot of it, I think there were at least 15 who made it to 55. If Teresa counts, you just start following along. If I count the HD by myself, I can hardly get past 10, I mess up my counting and start falling over.

Yes, I like Fonzie thumbs for HD and Piles and the Tempo Arms, more activations.

I did Barefoot BWO+ and 33 HD last night. I need to do 30 today at least...

Oh Trisch, why do we use thumb up fist on the non reaching side's hip (vs pulling down or away ala Tempo Torso) while doing Reach Scoop in Barefoot BWO+? Is it leverage isometric (on what?)? Lats and Arms?

BlessedMama
    09-28-2011, 09:39 AM

ayj--you got it! More muscle activation, better alignment (kind of forces those ribs up a bit!) as well as the leverage to really push through mud with the reaching arm. I've been doing that with my class--got two with shoulder issues, so we only reach to a V with the reaching arm. Using the fonzie-thumb-up-fist-on-hip helps create something they can reach up and away with, even though the reaching hand doesn't flip (better for shoulder issues).

My class thinks once I get certified I should offer classes in the bigger town about 20 minutes from me--either through the Y or maybe at another site. Something to think about!

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
    Last edited by Forum Angel; 04-20-2016, 06:09 PM.
    ¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

Master T-Tapp Trainer in Indiana, certified in all workouts!

From a 22W to an 8!

Comment

Working...
    X