X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• avdice need

Originally posted by pvrandy 07-25-2010, 12:40 AM

Hi all,
    I've been tapping since May. I began with the Basic Workout Plus - 14 day boot camp, then went to every other day. After about 3 weeks, I thought I would challenge myself, so I went on to the Total Workout - 10 day boot camp. Since then I have been working out M-W-F and as of today I have not lost any inches. Is their anyone who could possibly give me some advice? Thanks,
    Teresa

monica213
    07-25-2010, 05:58 AM

How long did you do the instructionals? How is your eating? Are you taking any medications? How many clothing sizes do you need/want to lose? Are pre, peri or post menopausal?

Michelle Barbuto RN - Specializing in Physical Rehab Nursing
    (¯`*•.¸Master T-Tapp Trainer, Trainer Mentor,
    Mommy Fitness Trainer, Forum Moderator¸.•*´¯)

brngckn
    07-25-2010, 09:49 AM

And, were you losing inches doing BWO+?

Kirsten, the Travelin', Flyin' & Hoopin' T-Tapp Trainer from TX
    Master Trainer/Trainer Mentor, MBA

pvrandy
    07-25-2010, 08:28 PM

advice needed

Hi Monica213,
    Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I did the instructional for the BWO+ for 5 days; and the Total Workout for about 7 days. I usually eat when I am hungry, if I do snack it's usually berries and/or nuts. I take Fish Oil, Vitamin D, Evening Primrose oil, and sometimes it take Sudafed and Mortrin. I would like to loose about 2 to 3 clothing sizes. I'm not sure if I am in pre or peri menopause. I might be, being in my mid-forties.
    Thanks,
    Teresa

pvrandy
    07-25-2010, 08:41 PM

advice needed

Hi Brngckn,
    No, I didn't lose any inches with the BWO+ either. I don't know what to do I'm stuck and frustrated.
    Teresa

BlessedMama
    07-26-2010, 09:23 PM

I'm not a trainer, but based on what I've seen here, I would bet Michelle and Kirsten will tell you to go back to Instructional 1. The Instructionals are as much, if not more--for establishing mind-to-muscle connections than just learning the moves.

Michelle advises even us veterans to go back and revisit instructionals often! (Something I need to do!)

Are you getting enough protein? If you aren't eating enough, your body thinks it's in starvation mode and hangs onto fat and sacrifices muscle. Not what we want!

And if you are having any hormonal issues, that all plays into it.

I'm sure Michelle or another trainer will be back by--I know Michelle is like super-mama--going back to nursing school, getting her yoga certification and helps moderate here! I don't know what she does with all that spare time she has!

Keep asking questions! There's lots of help and support here!

Oh, just had a thought--have you read through the Must Read Threads?

https://forum.t-tapp.com/forum/main-...-all-t-tappers

And Michelle's EXCELLENT advice on Curling the Core:

Teresa calls flattening the lower back "curling the core" due to the fact that many of us have a curve in that area and that’s the center or core of the body. This is a term that Teresa uses to help get Tappers to "tuck their body under" when the lower back (lower lumbar area) has a greater curve. There needs to be a "straighter line" - in other words, not a "sway back". When you tuck your butt, it is more than initiating the move from your butt or tailbone. Applying these tips can really take your workout to the next level.

Curl the Core - On the Floor
    If you are a beginner you might want to practice this first on the floor to get the feeling of it. Lie on your back on the floor with your knees to the ceiling, toes forward and heels near your butt, now press your shoulders into the ground, make donut fingers (making a "donut" with your thumb and fingers, then press the thumb into the index finger), then press hands into the floor to help activate the muscles equally. Make a "W" with your arms keeping the hands even with the shoulder, now tuck your butt so that the lower lumbar area touches the floor (with NO air space).

Curl the Core - Standing
    When you understand and "feel" this movement then get into the Plie stance and stand in front of a wall. Now press your back and shoulders against the wall. Make sure you press your lower back into the wall so there is no air space. You want to be able to do some Plies in that position, while keeping your shoulder and back (including lower back) pressed against the wall. You can also keep "donut hands" against the wall as well. This helps to engage your lats. Pull your elbows towards the side of your body and keep your hands down to shoulder level. This is the feeling you're working towards when you're tucking your butt.

Curl the Core - Sitting
    You could also do this during the day when you're sitting. Make sure to get your shoulders and hips in alignment, then I press your lower back into the chair and tuck butt at the same time. You should feel your stomach muscles engage. This can help shave off inches for your torso and abdominal area.

Last edited by BlessedMama; 07-26-2010, 09:25 PM.
    ~ ..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
    ¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
    ((¸¸.·´ ..·´ Trisch -:¦:-
    -:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*

Blessed Mama of 9 (and 14 in Heaven)
    Master T-Tapp Trainer in Northern Indiana, certified in TWO, MORE, HTF, Senior Fit and LadyBug

midlothian connection
    07-27-2010, 08:58 AM

I second Trisch's advice!

Victoria

monica213
    07-27-2010, 09:19 AM

I third Trisch's advice! Glad we have her here on the forum!!

Michelle Barbuto RN - Specializing in Physical Rehab Nursing
    (¯`*•.¸Master T-Tapp Trainer, Trainer Mentor,
    Mommy Fitness Trainer, Forum Moderator¸.•*´¯)

BlessedMama
    07-27-2010, 12:46 PM

Hey, I learn from the BEST!

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

Master T-Tapp Trainer in Northern Indiana, certified in TWO, MORE, HTF, Senior Fit and LadyBug

pvrandy
    07-27-2010, 03:33 PM

I want to say thanks to all of you for all your wonderful advice. I was so ready to give up, but you all have given me hope.
    Thanks again.
    Teresa

pvrandy
    07-27-2010, 03:41 PM

I have a couple of quick questions - how long do you hold each position when "Curling the Core", and how many time to you do it/them?
    Thanks,
    Teresa

rskontos
    07-27-2010, 04:20 PM

I think these are meant to show you how it curl the core when Teresa says it during the workouts, ie. pbs, anytime you are curling up to a standing position. Does that make sense?

I realized in a backward way, that I really needed to go back to the instructionals when I first started because that beginning gain of muscle strength and awareness needs to be right. I can make my body do any position due to flexibility but what I was doing was flexing to the move not working on strength in my core etc. I had to go back and relearn, restrengthen my body. I feel so much better now working out. Even those moves that are hard for my body initially are better now and I feel like I am working harder. So never feel like you are beyond the instructionals. I still after almost two years need to re-focusing and re-visiting those instructionals.

Rhonda Kontos , BS, MSW, LSW

pvrandy
    07-27-2010, 11:41 PM

So "Curling the Core" just helps you to feel the position that I'm suppose to be in when in the "T-Tapp stance", is this right?

When I do the instructionals how many days should I do them? Or am I just reviewing them? Since I'm working out with the Total Workout is that the instructional I should be doing/reviewing?

How do I know if I'm strengthening my core?

Sorry for all the questions I'm just trying to get this right.
    Thanks,
    Teresa

just7
    07-28-2010, 06:48 AM

Hi Teresa...

I, personally, would practice those Curling the Core tips at various times throughout the day. Then when you do the workout, you will have a better understanding (and your body will start to respond automatically) about what it feels like to Curl the Core.

I have to look at my Total Workout DVD again to remember if there is a section for Instruction #1 and one for Instruction #2.

Instruction #1 is the 1st 15 minutes of the Total Workout (it is called the Basic Workout). Instruction #2 starts with Primary Back Stretch and then starts where the 1st part left off.

The instructions are more than just learning the moves. You need to do them. The muscles are strengthened and lengthened. You establish a neuro-kinectic flow from your brain to your muscles. And--amazingly---you lose inches while doing it!! Holding the position while Teresa gives further explanation activates muscles and causes inch loss. It's so amazing!

Jennifer Wife for 30 wonderful years Mom to 7--5 still at home--ages 23 to 14 (5 girls and 2 boys) Mamee to 4 T-Tapping since 2009

BlessedMama
    07-28-2010, 08:25 AM

Teresa, in another place Michelle advised someone to do Instructional 1 (that's BWO+ instructional) MWF and Instructional 2 T Th F (that would be the rest of TWO's instructional).

That way you are doing the whole thing 3 times, taking Sunday or one day off.

I would do that at least one week, two weeks wouldn't hurt anything!

And Jennifer's right--practicing those "curl the core" moves away from workouts will help you during workouts!

Use the pause button--or just stop yourself and evaluate if your knees are not as bent as before or you're losing that "tuck" or curl. It's easy to do over the course of the workout, especially as we get more fatigued!

And don't be afraid to keep asking questions!!! That's how we all learn!

HUGS!

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

Comment

pvrandy
      07-28-2010, 11:10 AM

Thanks again for the wonderful advice.
      I'm going to start the instructionals today alternating between BWO+ and Total workout for 2 weeks. Once I'm done can I go back to every other day like before or do I need to do a mini boot camp (4 days maybe)? Any recommendations on how to proceed?

BlessedMama
      07-28-2010, 04:12 PM

Personally, I'd just go to EOD as you were before. You are establishing neurokinetic connections, learning to keep those muscles activated, and that plus consistency are the key!

Make sure you read the Must Read Threads for form tips, and look in the book as well (if you have it).

You might get some more input, but that's what I'd do!

(And I honestly don't do very many bootcamps--I think I have done 6 total in 3 1/2 years, and haven't done any in over a year! )

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

ram0029
      08-10-2010, 03:03 PM

Did you take before and after photos? I have seen other posts recently where they did not loose inches but the changes in the photos were amazing!!!

Shauna

Comment

Working...
      X