Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What T-Tapp workouts for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/Adrenal Fatigue/Hypothyroidism?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What T-Tapp workouts for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/Adrenal Fatigue/Hypothyroidism?

Originally posted by Debinedh 01-11-2012, 01:52 PM

What T-Tapp exercises would you recommend for someone with CFS/Adrenal Fatigue/Hypothyroidism?

I have had CFS for 20 years. I was doing pretty good but I relapsed last spring. I have built up to a 30 minute walk most days. I get into trouble when I do strength training. It tends to aggravate the fatigue. I do better if I space my workout throughout the day. For instance, I can do 25 wall pushups, 25 squats (body weight), 12 dips, & 20 crunches with 30 minutes between exercises – 2 times a week. I am being treated for the adrenal fatigue and hypothyroid.

I have gained about 25 pounds since last March. Due to less activity/eating too much for my activity level/ and the hormonal issues.

I own T-Tapp More Rehab Program & T-Tapp Total Workout. This week I did the 20 minute workout on T-Tapp MORE. I felt a little tired the next day. I’m not sure if it was CFS symptoms or detox. Any thoughts?

monica213
    01-11-2012, 01:58 PM

MORE workout every third day, no more.

Michelle Barbuto RN - Specializing in Physical Rehab Nursing
    (¯`*•.¸Master T-Tapp Trainer, Trainer Mentor,
    Mommy Fitness Trainer, Forum Moderator¸.•*´¯)

BlessedMama
    01-11-2012, 04:51 PM

HUGS! Michelle is right. I crashed my adrenals 2 1/2 years ago and I started back with MORE Chair twice a week. MORE is a phenomenal workout!

I've been able to work my way up to certifying as a trainer next week (hopefully!)--even with adrenal fatigue! I can't think of any other workout out there that you can do to your ability, that doesn't tear you down and actually helps you!

HTH!

~ ..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
    ¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
    ((¸¸.·´ ..·´ Trisch -:¦:-
    -:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*

Blessed Mama of 9 (and 14 in Heaven)
    Master T-Tapp Trainer in Northern Indiana, certified in TWO, MORE, HTF, Senior Fit and LadyBug

Debinedh
    01-11-2012, 07:33 PM

Wow Trisch! That is amazing - good for you! It is so challenging to not do too much when I am feeling good. I feel discouraged at times because I am not able to exercise like I used to or like other people, but this is about what my body can do at this time. I am thankful that I can do something! Thanks ladies for your input.

CanadianDiane
    01-12-2012, 07:18 AM

Excellent question! My body wont let me do it more often than that. I get too tired. Im just getting up and running again with t-tapp. Had to take a break to get me back up to snuff. So I start again!

BlessedMama
    01-12-2012, 07:34 AM

Just see it as your rehab and healing program for now. That really helped me to quit thinking about what I "used" to be able to do! Or what others can do. Or what you think you should be able to do!

This summer I hit a lull in my adrenals and had to go from 2-3 classes a week with practicing a few moves on off days to only my 2 classes and practicing hardly at all! I was a bit worried about being able to "practice" the moves that I needed more work on. My mentor, Michelle, told me to mentally go through the workout. It actually helps! Even though you're not becoming a trainer, you can still do that on the days you just aren't up to a workout.

Even doing a few moves every few days is still going to do you good! I thought it was going to take me much longer to recover--I was actually doing better several months after my crash, but then my mom unexpectedly passed away, and that kind of hit me hard physically and emotionally.

Also don't overlook that "slowing down physically" can be a good time to evaluate things emotionally/spiritually. So often we're chafing at what we "need" to be doing or what we "used" to be able to do, that we don't realize the bad thought patterns and lies we tell ourselves about ourselves actually contribute to how we feel. I hit a low point the end of Dec. due to being sick as well as TOM coming a bit early. But during that time I felt more lies I was subconsciously telling myself came to light. I gave myself permission to say, if I wasn't ready for certs, it was okay. That I wasn't a failure, that it was okay I couldn't do as much as others, etc.

Amazingly, I started feeling better, my outlook was better, and here I am--leaving in about 24 hours!

Just keep your outlook good--T-Tapp is your healing program for now, and everyone's "prescription" will be a bit different! You are an amazing woman, you are beautiful INSIDE and out, and you have lots to offer to the world right where you are!

HUGS!

~ ..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
    ¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
    ((¸¸.·´ ..·´ Trisch -:¦:-
    -:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*

Blessed Mama of 9 (and 14 in Heaven)
    Master T-Tapp Trainer in Northern Indiana, certified in TWO, MORE, HTF, Senior Fit and LadyBug

LilDeb
    01-12-2012, 08:03 PM

Alas I too was dealing with adrenal exhaustion. So I know the feeling. Shorter workouts, less reps and I also liked SATI or just going for a walk.

Deborah Etter
    Master T-Tapp Trainer

mranster
    01-14-2012, 02:30 AM

"Starting again" is definitely the CFS mantra! I've gotten to where I no longer even think of myself as having "stopped" working out, if the dreaded ick fells me for a couple of months. I just begin again when I am able, and let that be okay.

Miranda

Comment

Working...
    X