Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When should I engage my glutes?

Originally posted by danceme 11-25-2013, 09:35 PM

I know with some exercises engaging the gluteus is the body's way of compensating for other weaker muscles, and the instructor will warn against it. I'm noticing (as I work my way through the many levels of things to notice) Teresa saying tighten your buns. Should I only do it when she says, or all through the workout? T-tapp is so different I'm just trying to figure out where I need to reprogram my body mechanics, and so far the answer is "everywhere."

BlessedMama
    11-25-2013, 10:34 PM

LOL!

In the early dvds Teresa says "tuck butt" because there was concern that people wouldn't have a clue how to "curl the core". The "tuck" is actually initiated with the abs, belly button UP and BACK to spine, THEN tighten glutes. That way you are are activating all the gluteal muscles, not just the maximus (derriere).

You want balance, and if you just tuck and tighten the buns for all you're worth, you will create an imbalance. So initiate the tuck/curl with the abs then lock it into place by tightening the buns. Buns assist the abs--NOT take over! HTH!
    ~ ..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
    ¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
    ((¸¸.·´ ..·´ Trisch -:¦:-
    -:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*

Blessed Mama of 9 (and 14 in Heaven)
    Master T-Tapp Trainer in Northern Indiana, certified in TWO, MORE, HTF, Senior Fit and LadyBug

danceme
    11-26-2013, 09:19 AM

Yes, thanks.

homefire
    11-26-2013, 12:42 PM

Thanks for the explanation, Trisch. I wish so much I had known that when I first started.
    ~Ronda~

MEKTapper
    11-26-2013, 02:13 PM

Great explanation. I've added that to my notes!
    Blessings,

Mary Ellen (MEK)

Comment

Working...
    X