Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why slow down?

Originally posted by danceme 11-25-2013, 09:31 PM

In the pamphlet that comes with the DVD it gives the protocol for bootcamp, then every other day then it says that as you approach your goal drop to basically 3 times a week. My husband phrased it well, "Why would you do that?" Why would I slow down? I'm still 1 clothing size away from my smallest pants. He asked why I don't do another bootcamps since that went so well. And I don't know why I wouldn't do another bootcamp. I you are going to say, "Less is more!" But WHY is less more. Why isn't more more? I read all about the retreat and all those inches lost in a few days from doing 4-5 workouts in a weekend. Why can't I do that? I just want to be done with the baby weight already. I'm used to working out Mon-Fri and taking the weekends off. Why is that the wrong thing to do?

BlessedMama
    11-25-2013, 10:44 PM

You don't want to keep doing bootcamps. Less is more due to muscle activation. And not all of us lose a ton of inches at the Retreats--especially not less-to-lose (as you are).

A bootcamp helps jumpstart inch loss by connecting or strengthening the mind-to-muscle connections. I have gone from needing to work out 4-6 times a week to continuing to reshape and lose on minimal workouts--often one actual "workout" and the rest of the time 2-3 moves a day!

How is that? Because I am learning to optimally activate my muscles with attention to form. THAT is how less is more.

T-Tapp is very comprehensive, and if you stay activated and do constant bootcamps or overdo it on workouts, you will crash. You can ask me how I know! I think I posted on your other thread how even inches don't tell the whole story. You are rebuilding your body from the inside out, and sometimes the body needs to regroup and rebalance. If we just push it out of impatience to see an outward change, we could win the battle but lose the war. Trust me--once you crash, you lose NO inches and taking 3 naps a day just to survive is NOT fun! It takes much longer to crawl out of that hole than it does to fall into it!

The body doesn't just lose lose lose and bingo! You're at goal! It is a living entity, not a static one. And once you "get there" (wherever "there" is), you might not always stay exactly there. I have fluctuated a lot since getting to my smallest and I'm up a size or two from 1 1/2 years ago. But I feel better, my adrenals are happier, my husband is happy with me where I'm at, so I'm fine with just toning up!

If you are talking about actual "weight", I would advise again that you ditch the scales for awhile. T-Tappers generally gain 5-7 lbs. of spinal muscle density the first few weeks of T-Tapp, and most of us weigh 10-20 lbs. more than we did at the same sizes before T-Tapp! I was a more to lose when I started at a 22W, and lost 8 sizes and only 30 lbs. Yes you read that right! I finally decided the scales didn't tell the story of how healthy I was becoming, of the size loss, of the confidence I was gaining--so I put them up. I'm able to weigh now--and usually laugh at the scales!

Oh, and I don't do bootcamps anymore. If I want to strengthen mind-to-muscle connections now, I slow it down and go to instructionals!

Not sure if I fully answered your question! Feel free to ask more!
    ~ ..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
    ¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
    ((¸¸.·´ ..·´ Trisch -:¦:-
    -:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*

Blessed Mama of 9 (and 14 in Heaven)
    Master T-Tapp Trainer in Northern Indiana, certified in TWO, MORE, HTF, Senior Fit and LadyBug

m30201
    11-25-2013, 11:41 PM

You put that really well, Trisch. The voice of experience, eh, and another clear explanation to keep for future reference!

I don't do what for me are full workouts for more than three-four days in a row and if four, I then have three light days - or nothing or PBS only days.

I check my weight only periodically now, just to keep a record and for when I tell people about T-Tapp. It has fluctuated a few pounds up and down but I've basically lost one pound in over a year T-Tapping spasmodically (due to non-related injury last year) but two whole clothing sizes.
    Maree

danceme
    11-26-2013, 09:27 AM

I've only done that initial bootcamp, then I went to every other day. These days I do 3 times a week. I'm doing BWO+. Thanks for the explanation. I will have to re-read it several times to help it sink in. It is just the complete opposite of every other program I've ever used.

BlessedMama
    11-26-2013, 09:31 AM

Yes, it is! It is hard to wrap our brains around it, but I and many others can attest that it works!
    ¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

Master T-Tapp Trainer in Northern Indiana, certified in TWO, MORE, HTF, Senior Fit and LadyBug

KatieMerrill
    11-26-2013, 12:03 PM

I love this question and Trisch's answer hits the nail right on the head. Bookmarking!

danceme
    11-26-2013, 02:02 PM

So the short answer is quality versus quantity. I can understand that. So what would you prescribe for me? I'm doing the Tempo workout these days. How many days a week? Is 3 ok? Do I do anything on my off days? I have BWO+/Tempo. I want to get something with the sale this weekend. What should I add to my collection?

BlessedMama
    11-26-2013, 02:08 PM

Basic Tempo three times a week is fine. You could even do 2-3 moves on the days in between, or do Basic Tempo 2 days, light day of 3 moves, then Basic Tempo 2 days, light day, day off (or whatever suits your schedule).

MORE 2 is a great addition, as is Healthy Hormones Menopause Management. If you want floorwork, I suggest Critter Crunch and/or Critter Crunch 2. Critter Crunch is long but is chock FULL of form tips (and not an hour of constant working out--Teresa stops to help and explain things since it was filmed at a retreat). Critter Crunch 2 is 45 minutes and more straight through, but still has enough instruction if you're new to floorwork.

I also love the new Broom 2--it's short, 13 minutes, but a great stepping workout!

So I just made a huge list for you! You can't go wrong with any of those!
    ¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

MargieK
    11-26-2013, 06:04 PM

Trisch did a great job of explaining but I'd like to add another analogy. T-Tapp isn't an exercise where you go through the motions, where it gets easier with experience; T-Tapp is HARD. And it keeps getting harder the more experienced you are because you're activating muscle and getting better at activating the more you do it, and you're building muscle, which burns more calories and does more work. It's as if you have an engine that keeps getting more powerful every week, so it can do the same amount of work in less time. If you force it to keep doing more and more, something's going to break, overheat, seize, etc.

From what I've learned, if you want to do something on your "off" days, one of the best things to do is walk.
    The way to be slim is to act like a slim person

BlessedMama
    11-26-2013, 10:17 PM

Love that, Margie!
    ¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

danceme
    11-29-2013, 11:26 PM

That is also a great explanation. Thanks!

danceme
    11-30-2013, 10:08 AM

I ordered More since it was on such a good special. So what do you mean by 2-3 moves? Any 2-3 moves? I'm assuming PBS and Hoedowns and one more like TTT? Or the whole plie sequence?

KatieMerrill
    11-30-2013, 11:42 AM

Can I nominate this thread for a "Must read threads" contender?

BlessedMama
    11-30-2013, 01:09 PM

Hey, I'm game, Katie!

danceme, yes, PBS would be one of the three. I personally would count Plies as 4 separate moves. And if you want to do 3 moves but also want the stretch from T-Tapp Twist, you could do JUST the stretch portion and still do PBS and 2 other moves. Like:

PBS, Reach Scoops, Oil Wells and T-Tapp Twist stretch.

MORE is a fabulous workout! The slower pace and Instructional really help the muscle activation. And the kickouts help you reset your stance for optimal form.

HTH!
    ¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

Comment

Working...
    X