X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That Flat Back Part of PBS....

That Flat Back Part of PBS....

12-05-2011, 07:22 PM

I was practicing form with the mirror last week, because in my attempted video for TWO I noticed my flat back is a bit more sway back. So I started with PBS and noticed I arch the buns just a bit too much.

Working at it, I found an a-HA!

When you are doing the middle portion (tuck/curl until the arms are straight, knees out reach with the chin), as you go down, you are pushing the knees out. Take advantage of it to help you keep that tummy tight tight tight!

As you come out of the "tuck/curl" and start into the knees out/reach with the chin part, keep that tummy engaged and really tight, as if a string is pulling your belly button through your spine. This will also help you from going too far the other way and scooping your back out too much. I practiced this a few times and my abs were sore!

I wasn't just letting my tummy hang during that part, but I also wasn't as engaged as I thought I was, either!

You might not go down as far or push your knees out as far, but you will certainly stay in the muscle! And that's what we want!

Oh, and don't forget to keep your lats tight, elongate that spine, press that breastbone to the floor.....

...and that's just PBS!

editing to add--this works in the first flat back part of PBS, too! Use those abs!

~ ..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
    ¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
    ((¸¸.·´ ..·´ Trisch -:¦:-
    -:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*

Blessed Mama of 9 (and 14 in Heaven)
    Master T-Tapp Trainer in Northern Indiana, certified in TWO, MORE, HTF, Senior Fit and LadyBug
    (Thank you, Mom and Dad!)
    ISSA Certified Fitness Trainer

From a 22W to a 6!
    My Testimonial Tuesday

"Don't let another priceless moment slip through your fingers because
    you are 'too busy'. While you have the time, take the time."
    ~Crystal Paine~

[/COLOR]

Last edited by BlessedMama; 03-19-2016, 08:10 PM.
    ~ ..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
    ¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
    ((¸¸.·´ ..·´ Trisch -:¦:-
    -:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*

Master T-Tapp Trainer in Indiana, certified in all workouts!

From a 22W to an 8!
Working...
X