Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• menopause or adrenal issues? or both? need help

Originally posted by busymomma12 06-08-2013, 11:00 AM
    I've been experiencing some very disconcerting symptoms lately and I just not sure what to do to address them. We will be traveling to an Eastern European country in about 2 months so I really want to get healthy and stron between now and then

I have been doing some MORE 2, but not consistently, taking my vitamins (senior multi, b complex, c complex, omega 3), and taking Remifemin (black cohosh - just upped my dose from 1 to 2 pills a day this week)

I am considering switching to HHMM - ant thoughts?

Here's what I'm dealing with:

irregular sleep (sometimes this is child related but insomnia both in not being able to go to sleep and not being able to go back to sleep once I am woken up during the night)

fatigue - especially following being away from home or any unusual/exciting situations - this fatigue is really bad, to the point of being early unable to function/hold a conversation/make decisions

irritability - super grumpy moods that can last for a few hours or an entire day - these can be associated with being overly hot or tired or headaches

headaches/migraines - I had an eye appointment yesterday and my close vision has had a dramatic change, which could be a cause for some of my problems as computer work was definitely a problem lately, but was not always a factor in my headaches)

That's my situation. I've been trying to be very careful about choosing activities and saying no more than not, knowing that I will suffer if I overdue it. With my son getting engaged todau, a wedding to prepare for, a child with special needs/daily therapy, and nursing toddler and a gigantic trip to plan for, I really want to find out how to deal with my health issues now, know what I mean?

Ruth

busymomma12
    06-09-2013, 10:11 AM

bumping and asking if anyone thinks sugar free/juice fasting or a partial juice fast might help
    Ruth

ayj67
    06-09-2013, 12:55 PM

Most of the hormonal (thyroid, female, adrenal) problems can be improved with no sugar, no white flour, no gluten, no caffeine, no soy, no corn, no dairy, no corn and no artificial ingredient diet.

It is more important to stick with this kind of comprehensive elimination for 6-10 weeks, instead of a temporary fast or diet, that when you go off after days, you will go back to the same problem.

By minimum, 6 weeks to 6 months before adding offending banned items one at a time back. Once you feel effects of the offending items, you ban it again for another 6 months.

ISSA Certified Fitness Trainer
    T-Tapp Trainer in Training

busymomma12
    06-10-2013, 12:51 PM

Thanks for the advice. I've done some research and I'm sure it's adrenal fatigue. I read Charlotte's blog posts about it, as well as some articles. I've decided to do quite a few things to address my issues - and they meet your guidelines.

I am going to do a 15 day program of fruit/veggies, juiced and whole, some cooked too. Plus I'm adding a few supplements/herbal remedies/teas to help as well. After the 15 days are up, I'll decide what to do next as far as diet goes, but for sure not adding in offending items in your list until 6 weeks from now, or not until I'm showing marked improvement.

I am also going to be very careful in choosing my activities, being sure to get my rest, doing things that are fun, and laugh at least once a day.

I'd appreciate your prayers!

I'll be starting T-Tapp again in a couple of days - I'm still wondering if MORE 2 or HHMM would be best for me right now - any input?
    Ruth

BlessedMama
    06-10-2013, 01:06 PM

Ruth, be sure to get plenty of good fats in, too. They are essential for hormones--especially adrenals! Coconut oil in your tea and broth (or good butter), nuts and nut butters, avocados, etc.

As far as T-Tapp, either MORE 2 or HHMM would be fine, but I would split either one up for now. Do PBS and 1-2 moves. One day completely off (PBS okay). You can take more days off, but don't overdo. Even when you start feeling great, don't overdo! Add things in slowly and don't go full bore just because you can--you could end up in bed!

HUGS and prayers to you, Ruth!
    ~ ..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
    ¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
    ((¸¸.·´ ..·´ Trisch -:¦:-
    -:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*

Blessed Mama of 9 (and 14 in Heaven)
    Master T-Tapp Trainer in Northern Indiana, certified in TWO, MORE, HTF, Senior Fit and LadyBug

ayj67
    06-10-2013, 10:19 PM

Ruth,

Good fats (coconut oil, real extra virgin olive oil, organic/ grass fed butter, as what Trisch mentioned) are not banned. It is important to add them on. Use real sea salt or pink salt with real minerals. Supplement with alfalfa, seaweed, fish oil, etc. It is up to you to eat meat or not, I would if I were you, as you are still nursing.

Please do not do a cleanse or fast when you are still nursing, whatever is being cleansed will get into the blood, and that will get into the milk. If you fast, what is the toddler eating? Your healthy tissues and bones?

No sugar and no grains is a good strategy. Meat, Vegetables, a lot of water and occasional fruit, you can do this!

Check the herbal supplements, I don't want you to get into a cleanse mode (reason stated above, for your nursing toddler's health).

busymomma12
    06-11-2013, 07:10 PM

I'm actually weaning Carese - I have only nursed her about once a day for the past week or so. She's getting mostly formula (we just got dairy goats, so that will change soon), and she's eating table food too.

I added VCO to my tea today. Do you think making and eating those wonderful VCO treats would backfire on me? I'm thinking about the almond/shredded coconut/organic cocoa/stevia/blue agave juice bon bons...

I'd adding extra Kale to my meals (protein), but no meat yet...I'll see how this program does.

I'm working hard to reduce stress and to get lots of rest - last night my husband's snoring kept waking me up every hour or so. Do you think taking a sleeping aid like Advil PM would be OK? I tried everything natural last night and nothing worked...I was going crazy by 3 am and took some antihistamines so I could get some sleep.

The program I'm doing is 5 days of eating/juicing fruits and veggies with lots of herbal teas and lemon water. So far I've felt good, except for one headache this morning but it only lasted an hour or so.

I just measured myself and wow, an month of eating whatever I liked and little to no exercise meant I gained back all the inches I lost from February to the end of April! Bummed to be sure!
    Ruth

BlessedMama
    06-11-2013, 07:33 PM

Ruth, when it comes to sleep...sometimes making a small compromise is better than not getting sleep! Have you tried melatonin? And if you're not getting enough protein, your body will wake you up in the night! Adrenals are also responsible for nighttime wakefulness/can't go to sleep problems.

Do you have any magnesium gel or oil? I've been doing Charlotte's little suggestion of mag gel with lavender essential oil and rub on the bottoms of feet. I have been sleeping so well!

Hope something there helps!
    ¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

Master T-Tapp Trainer in Northern Indiana, certified in TWO, MORE, HTF, Senior Fit and LadyBug

Titus2Mommy
    06-11-2013, 07:55 PM

I hope you feel better soon! For hormones I have had great success with vitex.

A routine of dry skin brushing, a salt bath with some lavender oil, taking magnesium/melatonin, a cup of hot chocolate almond milk, and reading a "light" book at bedtime has always helped me sleep (and stay asleep).

Angie

ayj67
    06-11-2013, 08:28 PM

Ruth,

Agave juice, what is the glycemic index on that? What is the sugar content. Innocent treats should do down to minimal.

VCO on your veggie will me my choice. A lot of nutrients in our foods is fat soluable, eating them with good fat is important. VCO in tea is additional, but it cannot do that double duty as carrying nutrient to your cells.

Cook and eat veggies with fat.

Will you be able to sleep in another room?

busymomma12
    06-11-2013, 11:21 PM

sleeping in another room is not an option...

The agave is low on the glycemic chart - rating at 20 - 30 and mine is the dark/less refined version. I made a batch tonight and did some agave and some stevia. I also used organic chipped coconut flakes (no sugar added), and added some vanilla flavoring to make up for the low sweetness and then added chopped almonds as well. It tastes quite good!

I'll definitely try to remember to add the coconut oil to my cooked veggies - I forgot about that trick!

Is there a way to add it to juices/smoothies?
    Ruth

ayj67
    06-11-2013, 11:58 PM

I heard that you have to melt the coconut oil and blend with liquid that is not cold first, then you add ice after it was all incorporated. I always have coconut oil chunks and bits, so I stick with cooking with it. I add to hot chocolate or oatmeal.

busymomma12
    06-13-2013, 10:01 AM
    Originally posted by BlessedMama View Post
    Ruth, when it comes to sleep...sometimes making a small compromise is better than not getting sleep! Have you tried melatonin? And if you're not getting enough protein, your body will wake you up in the night! Adrenals are also responsible for nighttime wakefulness/can't go to sleep problems.

Do you have any magnesium gel or oil? I've been doing Charlotte's little suggestion of mag gel with lavender essential oil and rub on the bottoms of feet. I have been sleeping so well!

Hope something there helps!
    Trisch,

I have been using Magnesium oil as a spray nearly every night for weeks to deal with back aches and sleeplessness, and I started melatonin about 2 weeks ago, but neither was enough to get me to sleep well. I was also taking an herbal blend that is a sleep aid too - some nights only a Advil PM will enable me to sleep, but I try the others first.

I'm ordering the gel and will try doing the foot thing instead of spray on (I'm running low anyway) and see if that is more effective. I'm also ordering "
    Natural Vitality Natural Calm, Raspberry Lemon Flavor 16 oz" - as that was recommended by a few friends of mine locally.

I'm adding almonds to my pre-juicing days, and I might continue to add them even during my juice fast, plus adding extra kale (high in protein) to my juices.

Thanks for all the help - if you think of anything more, I'm still open to suggestions!

I am feeling a little better and sleeping a little better, at least the really bad kidney induce back aches at night are gone. I still tire easily, but I think it's ebbing slightly.
    Ruth

sandsurfgirl
    06-13-2013, 10:55 AM

You might want to do some reading about agave nectar from a source that doesn't sell it like Dr. Mercola. It's highly processed stuff that is worse for you than corn syrup. It's not a natural food and can only be made by highly refining it.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...ver-truth.aspx
    Heather

sandsurfgirl
    06-13-2013, 11:00 AM

You really need to see an endocrinologist and have your hormones tested. There are a lot of not so great endocrinologists out there, but hopefully you can find a good one. You need to find out if you have hypothyroidism first. Thyroid is far more likely to cause fatigue than adrenal problems, although if you have a thyroid problem your adrenals may not work great either. They should also go ahead and test your cortisol, aldosterone and rennin- the adrenal hormones. I have hypothyroidism and a rare form of adrenal insufficiency called hypoaldosteronism. Adrenal fatigue isn't really a disease or diagnosis. It's guess work based on an array of symptoms that may or may not be truly related to the adrenals. It's not a good idea to self diagnose on something like this. Getting diagnosis and treatment from a doctor will save you tons of suffering if you have something going on. Low cortisol would be Addisons' and adrenal related, although you don't sound like Addison's to me. High cortisol would be something else. The doc should also run panels on your estrogen, testosterone, and those types of hormones.
    Heather

Comment

busymomma12
      06-13-2013, 11:46 AM

I am sure it's not hypothyroidism as I've had that before and this is way different - being so tired yet unable to sleep, while when I had hypothyroidism I could not stay awake unless I was interested in what was happening around me...right now I get so tired, yet I can't sleep most of the time.

I don't have medical insurance, so going to the doctor right now (in the midst of several large expenses) is just not an option.

I'll check into the agave nectar (I only added 1 Tbs to 6 cups of the "VCO treat" so it's hardly any at all.

If taking care of myself, resting, eating right and all that doesn't make a difference in the next 6 - 8 weeks, I'll consider seeing a naturopath. I think what is wrong with me is pushing myself too hard to too long and not eating right, plain and simple.

I've had adrenal fatigue before (diagnosed by a doctor of naturopathy) and what I'm experiencing is nearly identical to then, so I think I'm on the right track.
      Ruth

sandsurfgirl
      06-13-2013, 01:44 PM

When you say you "had" hypothyroidism what does had mean? It's extremely rare for that to go away. Are you on thyroid medication? A naturopath can run a thyroid panel. High cortisol can cause exhaustion and inability to sleep too.

One super important thing that over time has made a huge difference for me was getting rid of chemicals in my home. If the natural brands like Method and Seventh Generation are too expensive there are so many cheap ways like using vinegar and baking soda, oxyclean, etc. that you can use. Simple Green is not green at all, but Murphy's Oil soap is an old fashioned totally natural cleaner that can be used on most anything.

I read Master Your Metabolism by Jillian Michaels. I totally disagree with her low calorie eating plan, but everything else about chemicals and what they do to our bodies was phenomenal information.
      Heather

busymomma12
      06-13-2013, 08:17 PM

Well, I had a goiter to be exact. I was on thyroid medication from the age of 20 until my mid thirties. I get it tested regularly and as of last year it was just fine.

I only use homemade/natural cleaners in my house and have for years. I even make my own soap most of the time!
      Ruth

ayj67
      06-13-2013, 08:37 PM

Ruth,

I do think that you are a combination of adrenal, thyroid, female hormone imbalance.

I was reading Dr. Sara Gottfried's Hormone Cure, I think that will benefit you. It will even explain which hormone and the sequence. There are recommendation on supplement, herbs, lifestyle change, and then if all else fail, the type of hormone replacement to use and how to determine the dosage.

Dr. Sara, Mary Shomon and Teresa was filming the PBS special "Sexy Over 40" during the last retreat in Oct 2012. She understands adrenal fatigue and female hormones. By far, her book is the most comprehensive to explain all the complains of the women frequent the forum.

BlessedMama
      06-13-2013, 08:51 PM

Ruth, I know adrenal issues can crop up even after a period of feeling fine--been there done that! With the recent ups and downs of adopting, plus your 4 yr old had surgery last spring, right? Then you had some sickness? And although adopting is a WONDERFUL thing to look forward to, just all the rush of getting this and that done plus the excitement of things falling into place is kind of a "fun" stress! But a stress nonetheless!

The fatigue and mental issues of hard to make a decision/function are sure signs of adrenal issues, as is the sleep.

Remind me of your cleanse and why you are doing that? I have found that getting plenty of good fats (avocados, nuts and nut butters, good butter, coconut oil), plus protein balanced with good carbs is essential for me to keep on an even keel. I also sleep better having some protein at night--I usually do nuts, butter and honey (with a dash of cinnamon) or yogurt with homemade granola in it. I am learning more and more to listen to my body on exercise--some days it's just 2-3 moves, others I can handle half of Menopause Management or MORE 2. HHMM is an excellent workout and I honestly feel amazing doing half at a time!

It sounds like you are doing some good things for yourself, but I would be sure to get those good fats in. I also found Royal Power Royal Jelly very good for my adrenals--better than other brands. I found it lasts a few months as I take 2-4 capsules daily.

One last thing--just that "season of life" could be upsetting the balance of hormones.

I hope something there is helpful! Pray about your cleanse/fasting--my concern is that the lack of fats for your adrenals might make it backfire. I understand your reasons to do it, but I'm just saying be careful and listen to your body--if it says enough, then enough! And perhaps just eating some coconut oil off a spoon from time to time will help!

HUGS!
      ¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

busymomma12
      06-13-2013, 10:07 PM

Trisch,

Thank you so much - your input is so valuable to me! I am taking the coconut oil "treat" 3 - 4 times a day, plus instead of olive oil right now I'm sauteing everything in VCO and then adding some more to the finished product.

I'm not doing a juice fast yet - I'm doing 5 days of eating fruits/veggies in all forms - cooked, soups, smoothies and juices and then 10 days of juice fasting (but I plan to add both almonds and VCO to the regime every day/many times a day). The plan I'm following is the Sick, Fat, and nearly Dead guys program. He has several to choose from and this one made the most sense for me right now. Not extreme, and working up to it slowly. Then I also plan to go off slowly, like these first 5 days - healthy eating of mostly fruits and vegies...but with our new goats, I hope to start adding goats milk to boost up my immunity in preparation for my trip to Bu1g@ri@!

Other than this fatigue I've had on board already, I feel quite good...no indigestion, very little hunger (only when I don't pay attention to the clock and go too long between meals/snacks).

I can't really explain this - I just intuitively know that this is the right thing to do right now. If I crash, I'll bail...but it's nice to have a list of foods to cook/prepare/eat and just do it. I can't think straight enough to plan meals or even eat right...I just go on a "see food" diet and eat anything/everything in front o my face unless I'm following a plan (at least right now in my present state of mind...or lack of it).

You nailed it on the head with the inability to make decisions...I get that flight or fight feeling when someone wants me to make a decision! I can't plan very well either - or finish my own sentences!
      Ruth

BlessedMama
      06-13-2013, 10:39 PM

{{{HUGS}}} It sounds like you are going into this wisely--just listen to your body. I'm glad to hear about the addition of the good treats, fats and almonds to your regime! And yes! Goat's milk is sooooo good for you! (Usually--there are some times when it might not set well, but it's rare.)

Working up to it and coming off easy is also good--you don't want to stress your adrenals with an abrupt change.

Be on the lookout for the brain fog getting worse or sleep eluding you more or that bone-tired feeling. I'm sure you'll have some detox, but take it slowly and I think you'll be okay. You know what to look for and what to do and aren't OCD about having to do it to a "T". That's all good!

HUGS again!
      ¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

busymomma12
      09-28-2013, 10:33 AM

yes, I am back to this thread. For some reason (sarcastic voice) I am back to debilitsting lower back/kidney pain. It started Monday esrly morning and lasted a few hours. Each night since then it has started earlier and lasted longer (started at 1 am this morning and still hurts). Ive been thinking it was kidney stones, then maybe an ulcer (took acid reducers starting Wed night). Today I have a massive headache and my back ache is bad enough to bring me to the verge of tears/crying. My husband and I were talking about my going to the doctor today even.

But then we started discussing adrenal fatigue and looking at symptoms and such and I think I have it again, only worse. Sinbce the middle of August we've been homeschoolong. I have been doing more comprehensive curriculum with the kids than ever before - and I have 6 kids home schooling,. Plus we have Esther in neurodevelopmental therapy which I am supposed to implement and takes 2 - 3 hours a day. I started the Trim Healthy Mama way of eating (no sugar, low grains, low dairy (no milk, good fats etc, so I've been eating better than ever, only I've been so busy lately that I've been skipping snacks and even some meals)in July and have lost 20 pounds and about 25 inches since then, My son is getting married in 2 weeks, and we are awaiting travel dates for our adoption. On top of that we have been having some fairly serious financial problems recently.
      I does not take a rocket scientist to figure out that I am under stress. I need to get healthy before we leave for our trip to meet Priscilla (we are renaming her "Christiana" and will call her Christy as they call her Prissy in videos). I am officially done with shopping for the wedding, and I have all the arrangements done for the rehearsal dinner, so I can be relieved of those things hanging over my head.

So what can I do to
      Ruth

sandsurfgirl
      09-28-2013, 12:21 PM

Ruth I'm sorry you are in pain! I think you should go to the doctor to make sure it's not an infection. If it is, it will clear up so fast with antibiotics. I know they aren't the best but if you need them you need them. They can do the test right in the office.
      Heather

busymomma12
      09-28-2013, 04:09 PM

I almost made an appt, but I have no fever or any signd of infevtion - just pain fatigue and headaches for the most part. I've also been bruising easily which I justfound out can be a part of adrenal fatigie
      Ruth

sandsurfgirl
      09-28-2013, 05:43 PM

I saw that you've been having this pain for awhile. I don't want to worry you, but if you have a kidney infection it can get dangerous. like hospital dangerous, if not treated. It's a simple urine test and they can tell in minutes in the office. Then at least you will know for sure that it's not that if it isn't. If it is, you'll feel better in a couple of days with the antibiotic. I didn't have a fever the times I've had a kidney infection and I was in pain and had terrible fatigue. The bruising may or may not be related. I hope you get relief and answers soon.
      Heather

busymomma12
      09-28-2013, 08:00 PM

Daryl and I talked it over amd if I'm still feeling this bad in a few days I'll make an appt with my naturopath and getthings checked out
      Ruth

BlessedMama
      09-28-2013, 10:30 PM

It might be good to get it checked out to be sure, Ruth.

Also, EAT! Skipping snacks or not eating enough is the bane of adrenal fatigue. Been there done that, and it does not end well. Get those good snacks in with the balance of good fats, good carbs and good protein (Dr. Diana Schwarzbein).

Your body also is rebalancing after losing--it's a necessary part of the process as it releases hormones and toxins and the body needs to regroup. Be sure you are fueling your body well. We can get addicted to results whether it's through exercise or eating--yes, even healthy eating! I nearly crashed after doing GAPS for several months for leaky gut in 2 of our dds. I was feeling so well and wanted to keep going--didn't listen to the warning signs that I needed more carbs and tanked my adrenals.

I'll be praying for you!
      ¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

Linda O
      09-28-2013, 11:41 PM

Ruth, I am going to agree with Trisch here on many points, and just reiterate them. Doesn't hurt to hear good things more than once, right? When I was at my worst, my adrenals ached really badly. So bad that my kids were using an electric massager to put pressure on that area to relieve the pain. It would come and go, but it could put someone in tears. I do not know if this is inflammation of the adrenals or what, but it is not good. I also read that you posted that you are bruising easily. That can be a sign of a lack of Vitamin C. The adrenals NEED vitamin C and might be running through it very quickly if the stress level is high, so you might want to experiment with an increase in that. Vitamin C is also an anti-inflammatory, so if the pain you are experiencing is from inflammation of the adrenals, it should help in that regard, too.

Also, vitamin B, a B-100 complex, would be good. You might need more than one a day, even, to combat the stress. Just try not to take them after about 2pm. They might keep you up at night. Lastly, zinc is essential to adrenal health. The brand that I know works and that the local naturopath highly recommends is called Zinc-AG...(arginate and glycinate froms) from Metagenics. You can get it online. Beyond that, you might consider some dessicated adrenal supplements. There are a variety to choose from, and not all work for everyone. Adaptagens, such as ashwaghanda and astragalus and rhodiola (and others) can be helpful to balance the stress response. There is also a very good product called Adrena-Calm. It is a cream that you put on the inside of your wrist (vascular area), and it goes right to your bloodstream. It is great to calm you when your adrenals are screaming and anxiety sets in. It could be good for nighttime, too, to help you sleep.

I just posted for another woman on a different thread about some possible night-time aid supplements for sleep. The title of the thread is Insomnia. Sleep is SO crucial to help the adrenals to recover. For me, it is number 1. I think Trisch might have already encourage you about sleep aids. I am an idealist and and resist any types of medications. But, I have come to a point that if I can't get good sleep, I will take something to prevent the adrenal fatigue from spiraling out of control. I definitely prefer natural over Rx. I hope that you can find something that you are comfortable taking that will help you sleep well. If your adrenals don't work, your thyroid, female hormones, blood sugar, and all kinds of other things will be "off." It's not worth it, in my opinion.

Hope it never sounds like we're preaching at ya, but Trisch and I both have experienced more adrenal issues that we'd care to have had, I am sure. I can speak for myself and say, I am no longer (easily) fooled that I am ok and can forge ahead full speed, even if I feel like it. It isn't worth it. I might take 3 steps forward and 5 steps backwards, if I do, and this has happened multiple times. I am speaking from experience...long, hard experience. And once peri- or menopause comes into play, as well, it is a crucial time to rethink your living patterns and see where you can slow down and cut out in order to maintain balance. From my experience, adrenal fatigue is never really "gone," it just is under control until the next big stressor comes up and I am overcommitted or overstretched...then down I go again. I am changing the way I do things so that I can stay afloat even when times get hard. Wisdom--I'm trying to really embrace this and incorporate it into my life. As Dr. Christiana Northrup said, the wisdom of menopause is that it gives us (perhaps the final) opportunity to re-evaulate and make corrections in our lives before some serious things can set in. I want to take that seriously myself. My life and my family are worth more than my desire to accomplish much or to be super organized or even to be recognized. Time for me to let go and let God do more for me.

Much hope for you, and praying for a balancing out of everything in your body. It's a learning experience, and I am confident that you will be miles ahead from what you gain from this experience.
      Trainer Linda Osmond, IL - MASTER TRAINER FOR TOTAL, MORE & SENIOR FIT

busymomma12
      10-01-2013, 11:01 AM

Good News - and thanks for all the helpful advise, I appreciate it all!

I talked to my friend who is "almost" a naturopath (done all the studies, just not licensed). She gave me some more advice, mostly just to drink more and get my rest and stop living life like I am Super Woman! Hahahha....yeah, right. I know, I know it's awesome advise, just so hard to live out!

So here's what I think has happened - losing weight, and then eating less/skipping meals, plus lots of shopping for the wedding (I usually get dehydrated when I go shopping) with at least one major episode of getting terribly dehydrated, sever lack of Vit C (ran out of my Vit C Complex last month and forgot to buy more!) all added to the stress and strain of a home with 9 children whom I am homeschooling, including my daughter with Down's who I am supposed to be doing therapy with everyday....then throw into the mix a wedding and an adoption and WHAMO, adrenal fatigue worse than I've ever had before....

And I didn't see it coming (hitting forehead with palm of hand).

When will I ever recognise this before I am at the end of my rope and falling apart?

So, the plan - drink LOTS, eat regularly (I'm upping my carb intake for a little while to slow the weight loss and give my kidney's a break), get good sleep at night plus a rest in the afternoon.

I also need to get consistent on my quiet time so that I start my day by laying my burdens before the Throne and beseeching Him for wisdom in prioritizing my day.

Thanks so much for all your help, and if you think of me, please pray that I can somehow recover and heal between now and our trip to Bulg@ri@ (probably in about a month).

So last night was the first night that I did not have any pain! Yeah!
      Ruth

Comment

Working...
      X