Fatigued: Looking for recommendations for a floor workout

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fatigued: Looking for recommendations for a floor workout

Hi! I'm nearly 45 years old, more to lose and am healing from personal issues which impacted me physically, mentally and emotionally over the past 2 years. I'm not really new to T-Tapp & first did it 10 years ago. I've done it off and on, but have not been consistent. I've always enjoyed t-tapp and did see results - inch loss, feeling stronger, improved wellbeing etc. I've not done t-tapp for at least 4 years and am recovering/healing from the personal issues I mentioned above and in a much better head space.

However, I am very low on energy and do not yet feel called to do a standing workout. I have More 1 and will see how my body responds once I start it, breaking up the instructional etc. I had Ladybug, but the DVD doesn't work anymore. I enjoyed the floor version of LB.

I would like a recommendation for a floor workout please. I've read the workout descriptions of the new ones in the 'Downloads' section in the store, but since I don't know any better, I'm confused on which one to purchase. I look forward to your recommendations!

Blessings!
    Sharayu

Welcome to the forums, SharAyu! I would recommend the BBFF DVD. I took time to learn #2 and after a year, I started to learn #3 which I still need to learn better. Do you have the finger and foot fitness DVD? It is a great one as a complement to your floor work.

Comment

• SharAyu
      SharAyu commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for your welcome Anna Lee. I will check out BBFF once it's available. I do have Finger & Foot fitness. I'll go dust it off & watch it!

Hit the Floor Softer
    Brain Body Fitness Floor
    Teresa's Favorite Fascia Stretch on the Floor

Those are 3 that come to mind. If you want DVDs you'll have to look on Amazon and eBay. There are digital downloads your can purchase but please use a credit card, not debit, because the office is temporarily closed and there is no one to help you if you have trouble with your download (we'll try to help, of course, but can only offer suggestions, not actually fix anything). Hopefully the office will reopen soon but, until then, a credit card is the safest way to make a purchase.
    Lisa. 47 years old.
    Homeschooling 4 great kids and surprise toddler #5.
    T-Tapping since 2010, consistent since 2015!

I got to meet and workout with Teresa in 2014. I am forever grateful to her and will never forget her.

My Instagram https://www.instagram.com/soliloquy72/
    MyFitnessPal https://www.myfitnesspal.com/profile/soliloquy72

Comment

• Soliloquy72
      Soliloquy72 commented
      Editing a comment
      easterchild It is a separate digital workout. And I just realized it's not available right now. For some reason, it was only at the digital site. It's 27 minutes and has some of the same stretches as BBFF but she goes through them much more slowly and then she added some new ones. Plus there's some ab work that she sneaks in. After I do that workout, I feel like I've just been to the chiropractor and had a massage.
      Hopefully that site will be up again soon.

• easterchild
      easterchild commented
      Editing a comment
      Aww, some of these workouts might become available later Lisa. Maybe once things are up and running again. Here's hoping and praying. That stretch sounds heavenly though!

• SharAyu
      SharAyu commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Soliloquy 72 for welcoming me! I prefer a digital download since I don't own a credit card and I'm in India. I checked on Amazon, but didn't find BBFF, which is the workout I'm interested in.
      I'll wait for the office to reopen & then make my purchase. In the meanwhile, I've started with More & a couple of Trainer Renee McLaughlin's videos on FB.
      I'm happy to be getting some stretching and movement in my day, so I'm not complaining.

And I'm so glad you're here!
    Lisa. 47 years old.

I got to meet and workout with Teresa in 2014. I am forever grateful to her and will never forget her.

Comment

Welcome SharAyu ! Great to have you here. When I read your post it reminded me of myself last year. I turn 40 this year but I am a returning tapper myself. I also had a break of 10-12 years where I wasn't tapping and it was tough getting back on the saddle. So I hear you! I did start with standing workouts myself and yes I felt the fatigue so I did a bit at a time (sometimes just Primary Back Stretch and T-Tapp Twist and Hoe Downs from the MORE workout) and tried to be patient. After 2 weeks I saw that my stamina was improving a bit. A month later I saw significant improvements. Several months later I had got to Total Workout. Its a process but just be consistent and patient even when you do get to standing workouts. It will pay off, I promise. I remember crying last year that I didn't have the energy and my legs were burning. But now I get thru full workouts. If I can do it, I am sure you can. If you are hoping to try the MORE workout, try MORE Instructional first. You get a few more chances to kick out and take water breaks. Also Teresa's guidance and form reminders in MORE Instructional prepared me for BWO+ and Total. I had done Total a decade before but I had forgotten so much too!

As for lower body workouts, Soliloquy72 and Anna Lee have recommended lovely ones. I am currently doing HTFS (Hit the Floor Softer) myself. You just need to do something like Primary Back Stretch before to warm up and then get on the floor. Its challenging and I still have several moves where I can only do a few reps but those few reps with form make a difference. I find it great for the midsection in particular though it also works the legs and forces your arms to stay strong too. The day after your do HTFS you will probably feel fantastic. It always does this for me as I have gut issues and HTFS calms them down.

I haven't done the Brain Body Fit Floor workouts yet but folks seem to love them and they are short! Especially workout 2 and 3. The other one that works for both tummy and hips and saddlebags is Tempo Lower Body (the floor section) but that might be advanced. Though if you are used to Ladybug floor, you might be comfortable with it. If you haven't done it in a while it could be challenging again. Trainers and experienced tappers feel free to jump in here. I am looking to start Tempo Lower Body and BBFF at some point too.
      Last edited by easterchild; 02-16-2020, 09:48 AM.
      Pash
      Living on a Tropical Island Paradise
      Currently Deputy Minister of Household Affairs.
      Singer, Daydream believer, Foodie.
      Lover of rainy rays, a good book, tv show marathons, a hot cup of tea or coffee

Comment

• Soliloquy72
        Soliloquy72 commented
        Editing a comment
        Tempo Lower Body Floor is really, really intense. Someone could do half of it, though. But it also goes through the moves pretty quickly so you have to really know them. I think you'd have to know Hit the Floor first.

• easterchild
        easterchild commented
        Editing a comment
        Soliloquy72 I went back and re-watched the lower body section. You're right, Lisa. Its a toughie. In fact I am thinking of doing the moves from target pop 3 first...adding them to my off days or days when I just do a few things. I can ease into it slowly or do it in part as you said. I need help with my hip pads and belly but I can prob start slow. Also, all the trainers did pretzel twist this week so I have to go rewatch the vids! I vaguely remember doing diva derriere a few times a decade ago and my glutes remembered it for days after! LOL!

• SharAyu
        SharAyu commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you SO much for the encouragement and inspiration easterchild!
        I'm starting slowly and am enjoying the movement, even though it's 10-15 mins most days. I am focusing on form.
        I did Ladybug years ago. I'll probably slowly purchase the digital version once the office reopens. I'm looking forward to being stronger!

Hello and welcome here! I'm turning 45 as well. Being in a better head space is big step on the road to recovery, imho.

Even if you only have MORE 1, in case you can't get a floor workout -- MORE is a good choice for those struggling with fatigue.Trainer Trisch laid several samples on how the workout can be split, you can find them in this thread. It is something you can adapt to any other workout when you need to manage your energy levels.

Adapting the workout to chair (in combination to splitting or not) is another strategy that worked so well (includes me). The 10 minute Chair mini may be enough on some days, or use that as an example on how to adapt some other moves -- like the arms moves in the plie, etc. on a chair.

Here is a chair form tip and more short and sweet chair videos from ~`~Creating Consistency Challenge Week 1~`~ and 2- Week Back to Consistency Challenge with The Terrific Three!
      As I always say, T-Tapp is God-Given and God Guided. I am honored to have the opportunity to share what's been gifted to me. There is so much more woven within each of the T-Tapp exercise and special sequences within the workouts than just a means to lose inches and look good......So good luck....just do your personal best and you WILL continue to repair/rebuild from the inside out and your body will continue to look, feel and FUNCTION better too. - Teresa (April 12, 2018)

Comment

• SharAyu
        SharAyu commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks a ton for the links GreenGem. I really appreciate your help.

Hi and welcome!

Spinning off of GreenGem comment about More Chair, Trainer Trisch BlessedMama has two Chair workouts available for purchase and an option that combines the two so you get both. I have these, have done them and can attest that they are AWESOME!! I was amazed at how my back muscles and abs felt fatigued in a good way after doing a workout in a chair. I get better activation this way. She has an option where you can "check them out." Here is the link to her Teachable site where the classes are.

https://be-youthful-n-fit.teachable.com/

Click on the workout for the description and instructions on how to "check them out." If you click View All Courses, you will be able to see all three chair options.
      Alisa - 52 y.o.
      T-Tapp Beginner 2/5/18 - First Challenge 4/15/18
      Mother, Grandmother, nutrition and health enthusiast!

"The race is not to the swift, but to the one who endures to the end. If not now, when?"

Comment

• SharAyu
        SharAyu commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the link AlisaJDrury. I think I remember seeing Trainer Trisch's chair workouts on Facebook. I will go check them out.
        It nice to hear everyone's journeys. It really encourages me!

I think almost all of us are in our 40s, 50s, and 60s.
      Lisa. 47 years old.

Comment

It's good to know that!

Comment

• SharAyu
          SharAyu commented
          Editing a comment
          Hello GreenGem! It's so nice of you to check in with me! I've been Ok. I'm getting movement in my day with T-tapp Chair and bite sized chunks of MORE! It feels nice, feeling muscles doing work feels good, though a couple of days back I was quite tired after doing 15 mins of MORE instructional. So it's one day at a time for me.
          What's your T-Tapp journey been like?

• GreenGem
          GreenGem commented
          Editing a comment
          SharAyu, one day at a time is a great strategy. There will be days when you can move more, then there are days you'll need to rest more. I'm doing good, thanks for asking. 2 weeks ago I made a big T-Tapp plan to add floor workouts but I realize I have to take a step back for a week or so. The chair, wall and barre are my current helpers.
          Last edited by GreenGem; 02-28-2020, 03:47 PM.

• GreenGem
          GreenGem commented
          Editing a comment
          By the way, if you're up to it, join us in the 6 weeks thread or Habit Formers. We also have other mini-challenges like GM/MM food plan.
      Working...
      X