Am I Detoxing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I Detoxing?

Hi, this is my first post. I've already picked up so many nuggets here! I'm just coming back to T-Tap and was doing a boot camp with HHMM. I'm 59. This last Monday was my 13th day, and I couldn't finish the session. i was too tired. The next day i didn't work out, too tired. By evening i was running a slight temperature. I hardly slept Tuesday or Wednesday nights, finally slept 5 hours last night. So my sym are exhaustion, nausea, headachy. sour stomach and when i had a slight temp at night i had the chills. So now its Friday. i can't believe its lasting this long. Any suggestions? i started skin brushing today, and I'm drinking lots of water. How can I make sure this doesn't happen again?

I'm so sorry! That sounds miserable. I wonder if you're coming down with a cold?

My suggestion for the future is not to do a bootcamp but to start out with EOD (every other day) and maybe just spinal stretches on your off days. I don't know if you are detoxing or if it's stress hormones or a cold. But it sure sounds like your body is telling you it was too much at once.

I hope you feel better soon.

And welcome back to T-Tapp! I hope you see you here again.
    Lisa. 47 years old.
    Homeschooling 4 great kids and surprise toddler #5.
    T-Tapping since 2010, consistent since 2015!

I got to meet and workout with Teresa in 2014. I am forever grateful to her and will never forget her.

My Instagram https://www.instagram.com/soliloquy72/
    MyFitnessPal https://www.myfitnesspal.com/profile/soliloquy72

Comment

Thanks for your input! It’s not turning into a cold, so maybe it’s stress hormones. It’s incredible how powerful this workout is. For 6 months I was doing a workout at home that took about an hour, 3 - 5 days a week. I wasn’t getting the results I wanted, so I quit the online membership and started T-Tapp with the boot camp. It felt like apiece of cake compared to the other workout, and only takes around 25 minutes! But I’ll go to EOD when I feel better. Work out less? Oh darn

Comment

T-Tapp really is much more comprehensive than it looks!

Last summer I added in a cardio dance program, just for fun. It was 45 minutes long. It was a lot of fun but it was horrible on my knees! I couldn't ignore it any longer. Even when I tried to do it with T-Tapp methods in mind, it wad too hard on my knees and I didn't want to end up with knee surgery. So I stopped and went back too T-Tapp exclusively. Within days my knees started feeling better.

The spinal stretches at the beginning of HHMM are perfect to do first thing in the morning and right before bed. I always try to do them on my off days to keep me loose. If I do absolutely nothing, then I tend to lose momentum.

I hope you feel better soon. Foods rich in vitamin c and potassium might help.
        Lisa. 47 years old.

I got to meet and workout with Teresa in 2014. I am forever grateful to her and will never forget her.

Comment

• MarPlu
          MarPlu commented
          Editing a comment
          And that’s what’s so great about T-Tapp!!! It’s so easy to fit in your schedule. And I don’t have to talk myself into doing it!

I’m very motivated. I was close to housebound for two years. Weird symptoms. Head pressure, laying down made it worse, so I slept in a recliner. Plus HPB and my pulse would sky rocket. I found a chiropractor who used an alternative treatment that helped a lot, because medical doctors wanted to just put me on anxiety meds. So I was very limited in movement. My pulse wasn’t stable. Finally this last spring, I decided I got as far as I could go with the alternative treatment, I ended up in the ER a couple times with my heart. So now I’m on meds that control it. I started working out at Cardiac Rehab at the hospital because I was afraid to work out. They take your BP pressure before and after, and you are already at the hospital!

So anyway, I look at working out as part of my therapy I need to do for the rest of my life. There are no downsides, and so many benefits I can’t afford not to do it. I never want to go back to where I was. And the cherry on top of T-Tapp is not only are you exercising, you are healing your body with opening up all the kinetic nerve flow. This goes so well with the alternative treatment I had been doing.

And I do think this is hormone stress because I am having night sweats again. Last night I woke up soaked! I’ve been done with that for a while.

Do you think doing movements not quite right could cause this? Or just overdoing? I do try really hard, but just looking at the forum, I think I was doing ribs up wrong. I stuck out instead of up. This seems hard and I will have to work on it.

Thank you so much for your encouragement!!! ????

Oh good! Here I thought I was in the minority - someone who HAS to do something @ day so that I can keep going. This is the reason I love the Habit Formers List - I can choose something from Track 1 on my alternate days and then do my chosen workout (for the month) on the EOD.

Comment

Habit Formers List? I’ll have to check that out!!!

Comment

• GreenGem
            GreenGem commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi, I hope you are feeling better. Yes, T-Tapp is therapeutic for me too, I need it daily.

Rest and recovery is very important. I was watching some of T-Tapp's old FB Q&A sessions and Teresa has emphasized that T-Tapp is very comprehensive.
            She said take breaks within the workout as needed, being able to rest and reset will make the workout efficient.

Trainer Trisch has explained that we can overdo without knowing. We will learn to listen to our body better. Aside from EOD other strategies are chopping up a workout into 1/2 or even 1/3 a day, going for 3 moves a day, or adapting a workout to chair.

Check out Track A in Habit Formers

https://forum.t-tapp.com/forum/main-...formers-basics
            https://forum.t-tapp.com/forum/main-...ers-guidelines

Join us in https://forum.t-tapp.com/forum/main-...b-3-feb-9-wk-6

Also, here are my favorite links to help with the basics - curl, ribs up and activation:

Using the Wall (blog)
          Zipping (Defeating Diastisis preview)
          Tuck Scoot from Reverse Core Curl Tip 1

And check out the Chair moves in the 2 Week get back to consistency challenge Day 1 has great tips on form as well.
          As I always say, T-Tapp is God-Given and God Guided. I am honored to have the opportunity to share what's been gifted to me. There is so much more woven within each of the T-Tapp exercise and special sequences within the workouts than just a means to lose inches and look good......So good luck....just do your personal best and you WILL continue to repair/rebuild from the inside out and your body will continue to look, feel and FUNCTION better too. - Teresa (April 12, 2018)

Comment

I think that is the biggest thing I need to do here is listen to my body. Rest if tired and not push through. I’m a low energy person, so I many times have to push myself. I need to find the balance. Thanks for the tips!!!

Comment

• GreenGem
              GreenGem commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes you can! Finding your own sweet spot is possible although it may take a bit of trial and error.

If you need help on how to split-up a workout Trainer Trisch BlessedMama is the queen!
              Last edited by GreenGem; 02-08-2020, 07:46 PM.

Another question. I think now that I have a bug, because my husband came down with the same symptoms. But it’s a good thing. I haven’t been sick for over 4 years. I believe T-Tapp is waking up my immune system. So my question is what would you recommend I do to gently move the lymph’s without overdoing? I’m still recovering. Thanks so much!

Comment

Wishing you both full recovery MarPlu !

Good question. But first, pay attention to what you're feeling, because you would not want to push your body into further stress or fatigue.

These suggestions from other Tappers have worked for me when I have a bit of energy, I rotate through them: standing pbs, short T-Tapp walking (only a few minutes at a time), mitten chop box and oil wells. AL also feels great if you are up to it.

When my energy is really low I stick to chair pbs, kick-outs and clap-aways, finger moves + stretches, foot moves and all those alignment helpers in post #7 above.

Other Tappers may have their own favorites or other holistic suggestions. HTH!
              Last edited by GreenGem; 02-10-2020, 02:20 PM.
              As I always say, T-Tapp is God-Given and God Guided. I am honored to have the opportunity to share what's been gifted to me. There is so much more woven within each of the T-Tapp exercise and special sequences within the workouts than just a means to lose inches and look good......So good luck....just do your personal best and you WILL continue to repair/rebuild from the inside out and your body will continue to look, feel and FUNCTION better too. - Teresa (April 12, 2018)

Comment

GreenGem Thanks!!! Just what I was looking for.

Comment

Spinal rolls, like at the beginning of HHMM, are good to do if you feel strong enough to stand. I'm sorry you all had a bug but I'm glad it wasn't the start of adrenal fatigue, either! I hope you feel better each day.
                  Lisa. 47 years old.

Comment

Working...
                  X