Soreness level...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soreness level...

I just started t-tapping 5 days ago and I am not sore at all. During the workout I can feel the muscles being activated (I am still working on form obviously, but work hard on going slow and keeping the form solid) and my leg muscles fatigue in the middle of the hoedowns (I'm doing BWO+). Everything I have read and my friend who recommended t-tapp to me said I would be very sore in in the first few days, so I'm a little worried that I am doing something wrong as the soreness hasn't come yet. I am someone who has a lot to lose (~60#), but come from a very active lifestyle (weights, swimming, cycling) so I chose the BWO+ cause a 15 min workout is what I have time for right now with my 10 month old daughter.

Should I be worried with not being sore? Do I need to do two 15 min workouts to help? I haven't measured inches yet since the first few days I was just learning the moves and practicing and didn't count that towards my first "bootcamp". Thanks! Super excited to see the progress!

Welcome to T-Tapp!

Are you doing the Instructional right now? If not, how long did you spend on it?

I wouldn't be worried about it. And no, you don't need to do two of the workouts. Are you doing the dvd or the digital version?

Things to focus on (if you're not already):
    • Proper alignment as Teresa teaches in the Instructional
    • Activating core by pulling belly button up and back to spine to help "tuck".
    • String pulling your head to the ceiling to "lift ribs" and get shoulders back naturally
    • Shift weight into heels before pushing knees out.
    • Any moves involving arms, you are moving them as through thick mud

I wrote a blog post awhile back that has more tips, you might find them helpful:

http://beyouthfulnfit.com/some-basic-tips/

Please let me know if you have any questions!
    ~ ..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
    ¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
    ((¸¸.·´ ..·´ Trisch -:¦:-
    -:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*

Master T-Tapp Trainer in Indiana, certified in all workouts!

From a 22W to an 8!

Comment

• AlisaJDrury
      AlisaJDrury commented
      Editing a comment
      Haha I think we were responding at the same time LOL

Hopefully one of the trainers will certainly be in this evening or tomorrow to comment. I am not a trainer so I am not sure how to respond to the lack of soreness. I always get sore not matter what I am doing...it just never takes much for me. If I climb five flights of steps my legs hurt the next day.

Anyhow, I can say no to the two 15 min workouts. You wouldn't want to do BWO+ twice in one day, that would be too much. Do you have just BWO or TWO (Total wo)? Are you working through Instructional 1? If not that is where you would want to start. I would do that for a bit until you learn the moves, even if it seems too easy. Make sure you can feel the muscles that Teresa is talking about. Once you feel comfortable with BWO+ you can do Instructional 2 and then you can go on to TWO.
    Mother and Grandmother to a 7 y.o. grandson and 3 y.o. granddaughter
    T-Tapp Beginner 4/15/18
    Nutrition and Natural Health Enthusiast
    Studying Mental Health Counseling

Comment

I worked through the instructional for 3 days and worked through the instructions in the book (so much better to understand for me). I found the link to the “Check your stance” a week before my dvds showed up and read it and practiced anytime I found myself standing around. I know I struggle holding belly in through the moves while keeping my back straight.

How long should I stay with the instructionals? Are the digital copies better than the dvds?

Comment

You can stay with the Instructional as long as you need to. I would suggest at least 7 days and even longer is okay. It's more than learning the moves--it's also helping strengthen the brain-body connections, which in turn optimizes muscle activation.

The digital is newer with some of the updated tweaks and terminology. But the dvds are still great, too!

Practicing curling your core on the floor or against a wall can really help because you have the floor or wall to press the lower back against, using the core muscles. I'll see if I can find the forum post that gives more details on that for you.

Another thing I tell my clients is to pretend you are Spiderwoman and you make your web in your core. The web will come up through the upper body and through the arms, or down through the legs (or both!). That helps you get the full-fiber activation from each insertion of the muscle (from joint to joint). That can help with activation--and keeping it--too.
        ¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

From a 22W to an 8!

Comment

Here is the post on curling the core--for the Plies against the wall, you can also do the basic stance against the wall in the same way.

https://forum.t-tapp.com/forum/gener...-the-core-tips
          ¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

From a 22W to an 8!

Comment

Working...
          X