Walking the T-Tapp way outdoors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walking the T-Tapp way outdoors

I would like to ask for a description of how to take steps the T-Tapp way when walking outdoor. My posture has improved since I started T-Tapping but I just know I still walk with my head forwards often. When I lift my ribs and engage lats as best as can to correct my upper body form while walking I feel like I am leaning back, is this okay?

How does the heel lead? I read the something like "heel, outside feet, toe" and when I consciously try that it feels like am doing a slow-gentle kick-outs that moves forward, is that right?

Is there a dvd or video where Teresa demonstrates or discuss proper walking a bit in-depth?

TIA!
    Main thing is to not overdo -Trisch
    Always do each movement to your own personal max ability - Teresa
    Be kind to yourself and listen to your body... Tomorrow is another day! ....This too shall pass...
    *Educate* *Motivate* *Elevate* - Teresa

Posture Power Walk and Step Away the Inches both have Instructionals where Teresa goes over how to walk (as well as the arms moves) in the stepping workouts. I love Posture Power Walk! It's the newest stepping workout.

Shifting your weight into your heels will help recenter your posture and alignment. Pull belly button up and in (not necessarily tucked) and think of a string pulling your head tall to the ceiling.

If you have been head-forward a lot, that will feel 'normal" so yes, shifting weight back and engaging lats will feel like you are leaning! But look at a mirror to make sure you're not just pushing shoulders back or leaning from the waist.

If you are walking outside, then the heel strikes, you roll off the foot and then the toes, but keeping weight in the heels will help you keep weight on outside of feet without being overinvasive. Think "no big toe" as you roll off--it will contact, of course--but the weight will be shifted out.

I hope that is helpful!
    ~ ..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
    ¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
    ((¸¸.·´ ..·´ Trisch -:¦:-
    -:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*

Master T-Tapp Trainer in Indiana, certified in all workouts!

From a 22W to an 8!

Comment

• GreenGem
      GreenGem commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, I will keep reviewing the PPW instructional. Apologies if some of my questions are redundant, some concepts takes a while to sink in.

I will keep trying to mindfully apply those strategis while walking. And try to check in a mirror or windows. The more I T-Tapp, the more I realize where my body needs to improve besides inch loss.

I really appreciate your guidance Trisch.

I think about stretching my pinkies (for the lats) when walking.

Comment

• GreenGem
      GreenGem commented
      Editing a comment
      That is a new concept for me, I think. Thanks for sharing.

• AlisaJDrury
      AlisaJDrury commented
      Editing a comment
      Pinkie brushing the sides of the leg is hard for me to remember
Working...
X