Challenges/threads for men

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Challenges/threads for men

Hi! Is there many or any men that T-Tapp regularly that post on this forum or somewhere else even? My husband would consider doing T-Tapp with me, but I think it would help motivate him if there was a men’s chat or group he could account to... he’s active & under 40, but he does have some back issues due to a broken ankle (walking boot) 5-6 years ago. Thanks so much!

Hello, I am trying to recruit my hubby, too. I hope you and others can get this going, then someday my DH can join them.
    Main thing is to not overdo -Trisch
    Always do each movement to your own personal max ability - Teresa
    Be kind to yourself and listen to your body... Tomorrow is another day! ....This too shall pass...
    *Educate* *Motivate* *Elevate* - Teresa

Comment

I've not seen a lot of men post anywhere. There used to be a few on the forums but I've not seen them in a few years. I do know there are some out there! Trainer Margaret Barry's brother Sullivan Wilkes is an inspiring young man who regularly T-Tapps and credits it for his muscle development!

My hubby doesn't do entire workouts (his job is physically demanding) but he does regularly do some standing stretches and moves that help his shoulders and tendinitis in his elbow. He also dry brushes his arms. I encouraged him to try it for his Raynaud's Syndrome and a side benefit is it helped the tendinitis, too!

I hope your husband gives it a try!
      ~ ..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
      ¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
      ((¸¸.·´ ..·´ Trisch -:¦:-
      -:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*

Master T-Tapp Trainer in Indiana, certified in all workouts!

From a 22W to an 8!

Comment

• gilbert
        gilbert commented
        Editing a comment
        I am a man & I t- Tapp regular . I post to both habit formers & nutrition.
        I really enjoy it & have received many health benefits.

• BlessedMama
        BlessedMama commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for your input, Gilbert! You are VERY faithful on Habit Formers--I can attest to that!

Hi Trisch, how are the w.o. adapted to build muscle bulk or definition for men?
      Main thing is to not overdo -Trisch
      Always do each movement to your own personal max ability - Teresa
      Be kind to yourself and listen to your body... Tomorrow is another day! ....This too shall pass...
      *Educate* *Motivate* *Elevate* - Teresa

Comment

• BlessedMama
        BlessedMama commented
        Editing a comment
        It isn't so much that they are adapted--part of it is the way men are wired! They produce more testosterone which helps build muscle. It's also why usually men lose weight/fat faster than women! It's all about alignment and activation, just like it is for women. Sully doesn't look like a bodybuilder or anything like that, but he went from scrawny thin guy to nicely developed abs, pecs and arms with better strength and stability in his hips, legs and knees. He does do some weight training but attributes his muscle development and stronger joints to T-Tapp!

• GreenGem
        GreenGem commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, I think I understand what you mean. And, they come in different shape and sizes as we do

• BlessedMama
        BlessedMama commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, they do--even in the same family! My hubby is tall and skinny and doesn't put on bulky muscle--his brother is bulkier and builds muscle more easily!

My hubby T-Tapps with me, but he couldn't be bothered to post them! The ones we do together are TappCore (usually 4 moves, one of which is hoedowns or walking) BWO+ and PPW 15. It's me that gets it going and me that waits for him if he's gone. It helps him and occasionally he admits he put in a DVD while I was gone and did a bit. He does not activate muscles like I do and I don't know if that's a guy thing or not!! But I don't point it out much and I figure it at least helps his lymphatic system.

Comment

• gilbert
        gilbert commented
        Editing a comment
        Good for you not pointing out! I have tried to get my Darling to do some together ( SATI ) . But she would rather just walk .
        Happy Valentines Day

• northmom
        northmom commented
        Editing a comment
        Gilbert, I thought of you yesterday for some reason when I had a small piece of chocolate cake, with marshmallows melted on top and covered with homemade caramel! My Valentine's treat for the year!

• gilbert
        gilbert commented
        Editing a comment
        Sounds delicious , I hope you enjoyed it ! I had some chocolate & rice pudding .Sugar high then a headache. Live & learn .

Here is a great video clip about Sullivan Wilkes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBL_gDmz64k

And here he is with Teresa and Michael Clayton with a T-Tapp Tuesday move for the abs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bW5zuDXVq44&t=119s
      ¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

From a 22W to an 8!

Comment

• GreenGem
        GreenGem commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the links.

Thank you for sharing those Trisch!

Comment

Maybe someone else knows how to access the posts from "Dan the Man". I couldn't figure it out.
        Lois

Comment

Here are several on the Must Read Threads:

https://forum.t-tapp.com/forum/main-...=1112#post1112

The team is still working on restoring many threads which is why you'll see several titles with no links.

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

From a 22W to an 8!

Comment

Working...
          X