Walking form

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walking form

I went through the instructional and want to practice walking with good form however feel very backward like I’m leaning back while walking. I’ve also read the article on walking without duck feet and still do not get it. Any words of wisdom?

thank you

Which workout do you have?

You do shift weight into heels, but you should activate your core muscles along with lats (around your bra band) to keep alignment. It might just be that you tend to walk more forward, on your toes, normally and this feels "strange"! But do focus on the core and lat muscles and see if that helps.
    ~ ..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
    ¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
    ((¸¸.·´ ..·´ Trisch -:¦:-
    -:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*

Master T-Tapp Trainer in Indiana, certified in all workouts!

From a 22W to an 8!

Comment

I got the total workout and Stepping away the inches.
      I have wide feet and I feel like I’m pigeon toeing when keeping the feet straight.

How do I walk everyday with the form to get better activation?

thank you

Comment

You probably feel pigeon-toed because "normal" is slightly ducked out. I felt that way with my outdoor walking when I tried to get my toes straight!

Everyday form is similar--you won't be as tucked, especially walking outside, but you still pull that belly up and in a bit. Spine will be more neutral but not arched. Ribs are up--this isn't shoving shoulders back but elevating the ribcage from core up, like a string is pulling your head nice and tall. You can walk with weight shifted back into the heels--most of us are "toe-walkers". Of course you are rolling off the toes as you walk but you don't pitch the weight forward. Palms face your body, not the back. That will also help keep the shoulders from pronating forward, which in turn makes the ribs drop.

Hopefully those tips will help! And as you retrain your muscles, what feels awkward now will feel natural!
        ¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

From a 22W to an 8!

Comment

Thank you Trisch.

Maybe I’m just rushing it. I just got the dvds but familiar with T-Tapp. I had her vcr tales back in the day. I’m also pregnant on my 14th week. What’s your recommendation for a workout program? I have the total workout set and the broom workout and the step workouts.

Thank you you so much!

Comment

Main thing is to listen to your body at this point. Of course, you are coming out of that season of first trimester tiredness!

You may remember from former recommendations to not do Organs in Place on the floor or standing. As baby grows you may need to modify a few moves, but that will be awhile yet!

You can split Total into thirds to get the full body effect but in shorter chunks of time:

Day 1: Basic Workout portion
            Day 2: Primary Back Stretch, Lunges through Runner's Stretch
            Day 3: PBS, Arms to end

Do you have Broom workout or the shorter Broom 2? Broom Workout has a lot of variety. It has the master class version of MORE, then the warm-up plus 2 Broom stepping workouts.

Day 1: MORE
            Day 2: Broom-Warm-up and Broom Walking Workout #1
            Day 3: off or light day, or do the 7 minute stepping instructional (it says with a broom but it's actually without)
            Day 4: Broom-Warm-Up and Broom Walking Workout #2

If you have the shorter Broom 2 workout, you can alternate that with the Total sections.

So putting it together (if you have the full Broom workout):

M- BWO
            T- MORE from Broom
            W- light day--the 7 minute stepping instructional from Broom or just PBS, T-Tapp Twist stretch only and Hoedowns
            Th- PBS, Lunges through Runner's Stretch from Total
            F- Broom Warm-up and Broom walking workout 1
            S- light day
            Sun-- off

Then you could continue to rotate through the other segment of Total, etc. You can also put Step Away the Inches where the Broom workouts go. Start small and build from there--especially being pregnant. Do you have any other health or hormonal issues? That would play into it as well.

Let me know if you have any questions!

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

From a 22W to an 8!

Comment

Working...
            X