Plateau? Am I doing something wrong?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plateau? Am I doing something wrong?

Hello, everyone! So, I've been doing T TAPP (BWO+) since Sept. 25th - 5 days a week- and I've gotten good results the first few weeks. I lost several inches off each thigh, waist, and even my back but for the last two weeks, I haven't lost anything. The needle on my scale even inched upwards. I haven't changed my diet and I eat clean with very few treats. Admittedly, I'm a little frustrated so I purchased the streamable Broom exercise. However, I'm still trying to muster up the will to do it because of this standstill. I work as a children's librarian at an inner city library (in Miami, no less) and when I come home from my shifts I can only really spare 15 minutes before I collapse. Anything longer than 20 is a huge deterrent to me. Does anyone have any advice? Also, would alternating the Broom workout with the BWO+ be a good idea for inch/weight loss?

Fighting the doldrums,
    Lisette

PS: My quads are like ROCKS!!!!
    Last edited by Lisette; 10-27-2017, 06:47 PM.

Hi, Lisette! Congratulations on your inch loss!

First of all, could I suggest you put the scales away? You can gain 5-7 lbs of spinal muscle density in the first few weeks of T-Tapp and that will mess with the "weight' factor. I know we "know" but it messes with our head! Muscle density is a gain we WANT!

When the body loses inches, it often needs to go through a rebalancing. In all honesty, we don't continue losing gobs of inches because the body needs to regroup and you gain muscle so sometimes there's a gain or "stall" but muscle is replacing fat so it doesn't "show up" on the measuring tape. You could also be losing in areas you don't measure--I remember when I lost off my forearms. Who measures their forearms?! But I could see it in pictures. In fact, I'd suggest you take pics, front, each side and back and compare those. You will see posture improve, more jaw definition and less double chin, cuts on your arms--things like that.

When the body gets rid of fat, it's also releasing the toxins and hormones stored in that fat. It has to get rid of it and regroup and get used to the new normal. Stay consistent, look for non-measuring wins, ditch the scales and take pictures!

A plateau is not always a bad thing!

~ ..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
    ¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
    ((¸¸.·´ ..·´ Trisch -:¦:-
    -:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*

Master T-Tapp Trainer in Indiana, certified in all workouts!

From a 22W to an 8!

Comment

• Lisette
      Lisette commented
      Editing a comment
      You're probably 100% absolutely correct. *Sigh* I measured my thighs and it looked like I had gained .5 inches a piece and I was so flustered I threw the tape in the air and got tangled in it. (I just finished my workout by the way, and I am huffing as I type ) I don't see cuts on my arms yet, but maybe the broom exercise will help me work on my upper body a bit more. Thank you for the encouragement. You're a blessing!

Aw, HUGS!

Broom will definitely help with those arms! And I would be willing to bet that the gains you saw in your thighs are muscle! Hang in there and trust the process! ;-)
    ~ ..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
    ¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
    ((¸¸.·´ ..·´ Trisch -:¦:-
    -:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*

Master T-Tapp Trainer in Indiana, certified in all workouts!

From a 22W to an 8!

Comment

• AlisaJDrury
      AlisaJDrury commented
      Editing a comment
      BlessedMama is it true also that T-Tapp builds ALL of the layers of muscle fiber so in reality, it is building and repairing our muscles from the inside to the surface? This is also why we do not see cuts in our muscles for a while? WOWZA to 5-7 lbs of spinal muscle...I WANT THAT!!!

I want to follow up on this in case someone finds themselves in my predicament. I recently had another plateau that lasted for almost a month. Then I woke up one morning and it looked like my body had totally transfigured itself over night. So, what did I do differently? I drank more water ... and I allowed myself to wait for the plateau to end. I didn't berate myself, I didn't push myself into a pile of ashes, I continued with a cool and level head and I had compassion for myself. Being in a plateau period is like being in a cocoon (SHOULD BE READ NOT LIKE BEING IN A TOMB). It is not the end-all of your practice. Your body needs time to figure things out. Your mind needs time to figure things out. Should you be angry and desperate? No. What good does that do? Seriously, like what good does that do?? Approach a plateau with gentleness, grace, and gratitude. Turn inwards. Love yourself.

EDIT: I should mention that shortly after I wrote that post (or was it another one following that one....) I stopped doing T Tapp. I was so frustrated with *everything* and struggled with my self-esteem. It wasn't until September 20, 2018 that I decided to give it another go out of desperation. And let me tell you, I've lost so much more than inches.
    Last edited by Lisette; 01-11-2019, 02:40 PM.

Comment

• BlessedMama
      BlessedMama commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for your update, Lisette! I had written about plateaus before and what you said is SO TRUE! I call it a "detour"--a place to camp briefly, but NOT to buy real estate and build to settle there! I love your "cocoon not tomb" analogy!

• GreenGem
      GreenGem commented
      Editing a comment
      I <3 that imagery. I am in a cocoon and has been for a few months. T-Tapp helps me feel better at the least.

• AlisaJDrury
      AlisaJDrury commented
      Editing a comment
      Lisette I Just LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!!!

Very wise words. T-Tapp helps me feel good so I keep at it even when I don't see changes. It's always helping me, even when I can't see any changes in the mirror.
    Lisa. 46 years old.
    Homeschooling 4 great kids and nursing surprise toddler #5.
    T-Tapping since 2010, consistent since 2015!

I got to meet and workout with Teresa in 2014. I am forever grateful to her and will never forget her.

My Instagram https://www.instagram.com/soliloquy72/

Comment

Working...
    X