Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ball of my foot or outside edge of my foot?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ball of my foot or outside edge of my foot?

Question from Tanyab23 01-14-2007, 05:35 PM

Hi Guys-

New Ttapper, loving every minute and dropping inches.

I've been lurking for bit and wanted to introduce myself. I live in LA, I'm a playwright and regaining my health after some bad issues with my thyroid and fibromialgia. I can't believe the difference in my body and my health in the two weeks that I have been doing Ttapp.

It really works internally!! I'm blown away by how much my pain has reduced, my flexiblity has improved, my thyroid is balancing AND if that wasn't enough I'm dropping inches!! How cool is that.

This is the best. I'm a total convert. And I added up the total number of times I've Ttapp in the past two weeks and it's only been 8 times. All that in only 8 workouts.

I could only start with a 4 day BC, I'm not strong enough yet for a longer one. But I will be soon!

I have a quick question. When doing PBS, or any standing move for that matter, should I keep the ball of my foot nailed down or should I roll the weight to the outside of my foot? Want to start really working on my form, to get the most out of my workouts.

Thanks for all the wonderful posts and information. This is such a great forum, so supportive and postive. You guys rock!

Answer from Teresa Tapp 01-14;2007, 05:48 PM

It is VERY IMPORTANT to rebuild strength and flexibility within your knee before turning out from the hip. That is why I created the basic sequence to be: Toes forward, Bend knees, Tuck Butt, Get your shoulders back in alignment with your hips...THEN push your knee out towards your little toe to your personal best. By doing it in this sequence you not only help the outside of your knee rebuild strength and the inside of your knee to rebuild flexibility, you also help rebuild muscle strength within your foot to "lift arch" along with better alignment within your ankle....AND you help prevent undo injury.

Yes you should feel like you are on the ouside of your foot and yes I suggest not wearing orthotics within your shoes while doing T-Tapp and yes I do not advise going barefoot in the beginning.

ONCE your knee is able to push out past your little toe, THEN you can add turnout from your hip joint and utilize the NBT technique with ball joint down (to stabilize ankle and increase intensity of muscle activation)

The reason I teach NBT during Step Away the Inches and while walking is because it provides a variation of KLT during active movement. Think about it....during T-Tapp KLT is used on your stabilized foot during balance movements or whenever both feet are in T-Tapp stance.

When you achieve KLT in correct sequence are you able to push your knees out past your little toes? If not, I'd go back to basics until you build up greater balance strength and flexibility wise upon the attachments at knee. THEN progress to NBT and BBJ.

T-Tapp is a progressive journey for the body. Always go to your own personal best and your body will respond. Skipping or not working details in sequence alter your body's ability to achieve optimal results.

Working...
X