Mitten Chop Box Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mitten Chop Box Question

I don't think I am doing MCB correctly. I feel pretty confident that my stance is correct and that I am lifting my ribs. It is the "squishing" I am uncertain of. I push in sides of stomach to the middle then push the fat (I have plenty) up towards ribs. Is this correct? I continue to push up, with my hands, and hold in my stomach, while doing the side bends. Is this correct? I have been reading recommendations to do this a few times a day, which I started yesterday. But the more I do it, the more I question my procedure. The skin on my stomach is now a little red and sore. I guess I am too aggressive with pushing all that fat around under my clothing! Am I over thinking this? Any tips/suggestions?

This can be a complicated move because of everything that's going on in it!

You push into the body with the heels of your hands, and then squish towards the center. Things may squish in and up but you're not necessarily squishing it up on purpose there. Then as you wiggle the fingers in deeper underneath, you will bring everything up and in towards the body as best you can while you are still squishing the heels of hands toward each other. I joke that this will tone your arms as well as work your belly! :-)

As you are putting everything up into an upright position, I think of curling the spine and doing a big shoulder roll to get the shoulders up and back and coming up one vertebra at a time out of that little hunch/curl.

And yes, you keep everything squished and pulled up while you do the side tilts. You may not tilt as far, it's not about how far you can go. It's being activated as you tilt, that way you work the core more and get a better stretch!

Hope that all makes sense. If not please keep asking questions! That's what we're here for!
    ~ ..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
    ¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
    ((¸¸.·´ ..·´ Trisch -:¦:-
    -:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*

Master T-Tapp Trainer in Indiana, certified in all workouts!

From a 22W to an 8!

Comment

Thank you! Much more comfortable doing it this way.

Comment

Good to hear!
        ~ ..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
        ¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
        ((¸¸.·´ ..·´ Trisch -:¦:-
        -:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*

Master T-Tapp Trainer in Indiana, certified in all workouts!

From a 22W to an 8!

Comment

Working...
        X